• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Kunoichi or Tamer?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hiyo, I'm trying to decide between the two since I like to do my research before starting a game. Yes, I get that theres plenty of dislike for these classes due to janky bugs, mechanic shenanigans, having to try harder than other classes, etc, but honestly I don't care. If I went by public opinion everyone should be playing warrior, musa, sorc, witch/wiz, or dk. I am a masochist, so there. 

That being said, I am trying to pick one of these for time and investment. PvE is of no consequence, I'd like to know which of these provides more of a benefit in node wars and PvE in general. I'm also just curious as to which of the two is less played.

Posted

Kuno is less played. Most people think kunos have more to offer in node war( though still not that much). Both classes are pretty good in PVE, and have similar grinding speed(kuno is a little faster due to larger aoes). Kuno has amazing sustain, you would be able to full heal off a pack of mobs with one move. You would never need pots, tamer can get some sustain also, but not as much, and you have to sacrifice skill add-ons for it. Tamer feels stronger in 1v1 situations, but kuno isn't bad either. Tamer has straight up higher raw damage. Kuno is probably next in line for some buffs, while tamer just got nerfed a bit. 

I played both to 57 and they seemed somewhat comparable all round. If I had to pick one as a main right now, I would probably go with the kuno. The play style is a more fun, far less linear, the visceral feel when hitting mobs/ sliding around is nice, and the animations look better. Farming is easymode and pvp has a lot of outplay potential. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh, thanks for the feedback! I think I'll make both to get a feel for them, but I'll probably take my Kuno through the game first. Any further advice or recommendations are appreciated though!

Posted

Both tamer and kuno can be good in node wars/sieges, but not in the main raid/zerg. They shine in small skirmishes which would be fights around protecting cannons, destroying the enemies cannons or flags, scouting, disrupting base repairs/rebuilds and similiar things. Ninja is arguably considered a bit better for these things though. Having a strong squad for these kind of things is extremely valuable in my opinion.

Kuno recently recieved some buffs recently but I don't play the class so not sure how strong it currently is in 1v1 atm as very few play it (we only have one in our guild :()

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for the reply! Yes, I did more digging and its like Kunos are like an endangered species. Both classes are skirmishers rather than frontliners, which is fine by me. I'll see how it goes, I'll probably be maining one and alting the other. 

Posted

Thank you for the reply! Yes, I did more digging and its like Kunos are like an endangered species. Both classes are skirmishers rather than frontliners, which is fine by me. I'll see how it goes, I'll probably be maining one and alting the other. 

Im re rolling to Tamer now from my 59 Kuno since getting 59 now with 225 Ap isn't what I expected. Safe yourself the grind and try out Tamer and bit more. Kuno isn't going to get any fixes soon so best to play something that doesnt get touched by the nerf gods. The buffs to Kuno made recently are nothing, just some animation changes but nothing that fixes how we can't even kill other classes effectively while I can 1 combo someone on my tamer with 130 awakening AP vs my Kunos 225 awakening AP not doing a single bit of good spinning around someone. So I'll go Tamer for now with TET weps and save money for Kuno weps again when they get around to fixing it. (Not gonna torture myself any longer)

Posted

Hi there,

I am a new Kuno and she is my first character.

I have to say I am highly dissapointed and I will probably switch to another class.

She is really fun to play from Lv.1-55. Her dashes are satisfying to use and it feels good to hit enemies. I also love her double-jump, because I like to explore the world and it makes climbing so much easier.

Now I got my awakening skills. These new skills feel slower and clumsy. Everytime I switch back to my shortsword I am so much faster. However, I am forced to use my awakening form, because her awakening skills deal much more damage. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it seems like her gameplay totally changed after awakening.

Another downside is her stealth. It's not fun to use it and literally everything kicks your out of stealth, even falling down a tiny bit. You can't jump while beeing in stealth or use any skills (there is one skill for assassination, but it's only usefull if your enemy stands still).

Posted

As a kuno main, go tamer.  Really.  Kuno is the least played class in the game for a reason.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0