• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Do you think BDO will last long enough?.

102 posts in this topic

Posted

You don't have any source with credibility regarding this statement. You're someone, among many others, who believed in a vastly outdated "source" of data that was simply wrong.

http://multiclick.co.kr/sub/gamepatch/gamerank.html?genre=03&svccom=&rank_date=2017-04-15

Should link to MMORPG ranking for today, of which BDO is currently #7 in Korea. "Failed" game, surely. This should be read by someone like you.

Well I've been looking at the charts myself can't say if its declined but since the launch of the game I have notice Steam Charts shows it decline too...

Im sure this game would have more U.S players if it didn't have a Rootkit Bundled with it?

Any thoughts to if they are going to remove this crap from this game like NCsoft is starting to do with all their games?

Posted

It'll probably last long enough. But games rise and fall in prosperity, you probably shouldn't worry about longevity of the game so much as you find it fun.

If they fixed the lag, rubber banding issues, RNG, (gear enhancing and PvP with resist on CC) added a cc-break with a small immunity- not emergency escape- normalized ap & dp so there wasn't that weird situation where having about 30 less ap means you tickle someone while having the 30 ap means you melt them with one ability, then the pvp in this game would be great and there's still the world in BDO aside from pvp. Then people can focus on refining the class balance as well as other things... but right now if this game is fun, then it's fun, but it's difficult to have a lot of integrity and value when it comes to skill when there's a lot of lag, desync, rubberband and unnecessary RNG attached to pvp.

Also the devs need to avoid the tank & defensive meta. A instant-death meta is bad, but a game with a defensive grid locked tank meta where people can make so many mistakes and have it minimized or not matter is horrendous..

1 person likes this

Posted

Im sure this game would have more U.S players if it didn't have a Rootkit Bundled with it?

I suppose it's possible that we might get the dozen or two players who refuse to play games with built-in anti-cheat protection.

On the other hand, since most of them refuse to play games with built-in anti-cheat protection because they want to cheat, so I'm not sure we really want them that much.

Posted (edited)

So i went ahead and checked their portfolio, i have a business degree so i know how to read that. Just so you know the company brings in less than a lot of individuals do, they are barely making six figures and their profit margin doesnt even break 9%. That's awful. That portfolio is a company that doesn't know what its doing.

Numbers don't lie and those numbers show a severe lack of competence. 

Just lol@their labor costs. Either they are getting paid pennies or the staff is all part time with like 1 person managing it. 

IIRC Blizzard's quarterly profits are between 10 and 20% only for WoW. Infact alot of there profit comes from games they don't spend shit on (i'm looking at you hearthstone) 

Well I've been looking at the charts myself can't say if its declined but since the launch of the game I have notice Steam Charts shows it decline too...

Any thoughts to if they are going to remove this crap from this game like NCsoft is starting to do with all their games?

Also XignCode isn't a rootkit and doesn't start on boot.

Also, who said this game uses GameGuard? It doesn't. It uses xigncode lol 

They should just make it run silently.

No one in WoW complains about Warden because they can't see it. But WoW's warden is actually incredibly intrusive if you download wireshark and watch it. 

At the end of the day you have to pick and choose. Games just can't run nothing because then you get over-run with bots if you do. They HAVE to run some type of self-defense. 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

This game is in a downward spiral and has been for a while. Most people who have been here a while are quitting or thinking about it. 

Game demands a lot of cash if you want to be on the same page as everyone else, its gona cost you $600 to get everything youre gona want. Please dont join this game.

Just go away already. Amount of negativity you bring to these forums is enough to depress a medium sized village in Asia. 

3 people like this

Posted

At the end of the day all these negative posts are just going to drive people further away. There's a difference between simply giving someone information about a decline vs pushing it onto everyone. 

Posted (edited)

At the end of the day all these negative posts are just going to drive people further away. There's a difference between simply giving someone information about a decline vs pushing it onto everyone. 

tbh just gonna drive people away from the forums. People just love spreading false predictions and doom about this game. Ever since release. Will say it was even worse at release where every second post was 'BDO' is dying. And here we are, game is growing and even more players now playing the game than in a long time or even ever. Also climbed super fast on the KR ladders of the most played game in the last year. Quite impressive.

Edited by Mjoda
1 person likes this

Posted

Ehy everyone, I am returning to the game and was wondering how things are going. I tried to get back into FFXIV but unfortunately I am not liking how things are turning out and well, Stormblood seems just like Heavensward and..ARR.

I always liked BDO and want to get back into the MMORPG scene for real this time so I am looking for a MMORPG that I'm sure it will last long enough. Why?. Easy, because I think time is precious and I wouldn't want to invest my time on something that may as well close next year. So yes, I'm talking to you guys who've been playing since its release: do you think Pearl Abyss will support it for more than a simple year?. Is there a population big enough to make them produce new, worthy content?. 

Sorry for my english by the way!

BDO won't die in the coming years. Want proof? Just look at the content in Korea. It is still coming, and its very high quality. They pump lots of money in this game, because it is making them money in return, and if it makes money they will make sure it stays afloat.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im just gonna try and give honest opinion.

I left aion and tera after they become p2w. Both these games started as a btp subscription based games that went f2p after a while. Both this games were ok as ftp games for a year or but after that shit hit the fan. 

There was a time in Tera that having vision maker set was something. I truly felt rewarded after that many hours spent in end game dungeons, learning the bosses, maximizing your dps or healing and tanking skills. You knew that that shit couldnt be bought with money. Then they made the bis items easier to make. You could get the mats to craft bis gears with barely equiped chars by grinding medium to low dungeons and further more, you would be able to buy (and still are) the alkahest from cash shop (enchanting items for those who didnt play the game). Wheres the reward in that?

Tera also had another huge flaw imo. Every time a new class was released it was insanely op. Bdo is following the same business plan (because thats what it is in the end; its not like the devs are stupid and cant figure out that the new class is op), but it does have an advantage (for now). Gear and lvl progression. You cant buy that with cash. You can make it a tad easier but not whale it.

All in all for whom said that Tera is doing fine maybe they should log in and check it for themselves. You really dont need statistics when you cant find ppl to run the dungeons.

As for the op, i personally think that this game can and might have a bright future if they resolve some of its core problems (servers and class balance).

1 person likes this

Posted

Also the devs need to avoid the tank & defensive meta. A instant-death meta is bad, but a game with a defensive grid locked tank meta where people can make so many mistakes and have it minimized or not matter is horrendous..

Evasion WZ is already like so immortal in rbf and siege. And ppl still crying bout DK... sighs

Posted

When Guild Wars 3 or the next Final Fantasy MMO arrives, that's when BDO dies.  That or when Trump nukes North Korea and North Korea rains hell on the South.

Posted (edited)

This is extremely under-handed, why are you only showing the past 7 days to somehow convince people that the population is growing? 

a better representation would be the past month or 3 months

Brawler, one of the most broken classes in Tera's PvP, was released on December 8th 2015 and NO changes were made to the class until March 1st 2016, a full 3 months after release and not 1 as you claim

I don't really care about convincing anyone, Tera's population has always been constantly stable and even your own Steam Charts confirm it as a fact.

The link i presented in Numbers, present a direct window of informations through various periods of time, the choice of 7d was simply to refute your statement "Tera on the other hand has seen nothnig but a decline", feel free to re-check what "Decline" Stand for.

Since you asked for older Data : 

steam.thumb.PNG.689283bd719b5a277bd0c53a

Again, your own Steam Charts contradict with with your statement.

The Green numbers that would cause a population rise objectively consist of 2 types :

• Returning Players.
  • New Players.

If you remove the Access of 1 type, then your logically limiting the growth numbers in favor to the population loss caused by content inevitably losing their attraction elements after certain time, especially in PvE based game around Dungeons and Raiding.

Not trying to be pedantic, but the 3 months ~14k loss your speaking about simply never happened, in fact if we consider x2 that amount of time = 6 Months, you can easily refute that number based on Steam Data. 

Also, why would an MMORPG losing some of it players base be a remarkable event ?

I will give you the Brawler point, that it was indeed 3 months.

However, looking at Gunner : 

• Released on 5th May 2015.
  • Nerf Chain Started on 7th July 2015.

Another Example, Reaper : 

Both example, prove the relative ~1 month period .. What about Black Desert ? i don't really like getting engaged in Class Balance discussion, but how many months since Wizard Awakening so far ? the miserable hit on their ultimate is irrelevant, a Nerf isn't what it's if the class doesn't feel it.

What about Dark Knight ? better start counting.

Finally, i would like to borrow Korean ranking of it RPG games to demonstrate how's 테라 = Tera is Ranked #11.

Clearly the rank of "Dead" game ..

@metaxa1331 : (For some reasons your quotes Disappeared)

What VM set your describing, please be specific.

Alkahest are enchanted materials for anyone reading this, similar to Black Stones, and they are extremely easy to obtain through various in-game methods :

• Daily Vanguards Quest for Credits, then using it to buy  Alkahest boxes from Npc merchant.
  • Farmable as drops from Low/High Dungeons.
  • Farmable through extremely generous (to broken level) events.
  • Through Strong Boxes Event, using collectable CS keys.
  • Through Equalized PvP Battlegrounds credits, Npc Merchant.

Every single method i listed above is 100% free, and can be done by Any character regardless of it gear score. 

I am of course speaking about the Na version of Tera, if your coming from Europe Gameforge, then please make it specific next time, it's a complete disgusting version and it's insulting enough that they share the same name ..

Few days ago, i gave the game a visit checking out the Valkyrie Class, and it was hard enough not to notice a new Character spawning on my back every few sec, funny enough they were not all Valyries. I honestly don't care whether you believe this or not, but at the same time i don't mind making a video to prove it,

Is it needed ?

Tera always had a positive image on media, because of it fantastic F2P model, and always kept high spots on the top lists of "Best F2P game of 20xx" in various Youtube Channels, which really help keeping it population stable.

Edited by Artorias
Some quotes kept disappearing ..

Posted

I suppose it's possible that we might get the dozen or two players who refuse to play games with built-in anti-cheat protection.

On the other hand, since most of them refuse to play games with built-in anti-cheat protection because they want to cheat, so I'm not sure we really want them that much.

Okay well let me be honest here, I could cheat "Black Desert" or any other game regardless of Anti Cheat if I wanted to or not its very easy to do.

My problem is that I am a honest player, and I feel XingCode, and Game Guard strongly Violate privacy, and are rather harder to remove than going to add and removing Black Desert that also doesn't remove the Anti Cheat.

I play other games just fine with Anti-Cheats, I have "Easy Anti Cheat" "Battleye" and "Punk Buster installed and play games with these, I got no problem with them because they asked me permission to download, and all 3 of them give me instructions to uninstall them from my system when I am no longer playing a game or service that uses them, although if I ever play a game that requires it asks me to install it back because the game won't play without it.

Asian based games like BDO don't ask, they simply install this shit on your system.

Posted

I don't really care about convincing anyone, Tera's population has always been constantly stable and even your own Steam Charts confirm it as a fact.

Are you looking at the same chart as me? The average number of players has dropped from 11,534 to 2,144; I'm not sure what your definition of stable is but it seems to be the same definition as decline.  

• Released on 5th May 2015.
  • Nerf Chain Started on 7th July 2015.

Another Example, Reaper : 

Both example, prove the relative ~1 month period ..

That's a difference of 2 months...not 1 month...

Am I being trolled here? I haven't bothered to look at the rest of your points because you're trying to convince myself and others that a drop of around 9,000 players is actually showing stability and that a period of 2 months is actually 1 month. If you want to lie so blatantly then there's no point having a discussion with you. 

Posted

game won't die anytime soon, look at Everquest, WoW and other overly successful MMO's. They have the money and resources to keep the game alive and fresh for as long as they want.

Posted

game won't die anytime soon, look at Everquest, WoW and other overly successful MMO's. They have the money and resources to keep the game alive and fresh for as long as they want.

Well its not about dying I just logged into Arche Age, and that game is dead ! LOL....

Even the $2000+ Worth of items I gave away all gone the players took them all and did whatever with it best setup in the game...

1 person likes this

Posted

Well its not about dying I just logged into Arche Age, and that game is dead ! LOL....

Even the $2000+ Worth of items I gave away all gone the players took them all and did whatever with it best setup in the game...

yeah archeage, wildstar, neverwinter and many other MMO's are pretty much considered MMO's that didn't make a big impact in the market, they probably have minimal content patches and can possibly just shut down. BDO has had a big impact in the korean market as well as the west, and it's not a ghost town like other MMO's have become and they are constantly patching/adding content so they're doing well.

I remember logging in to wildstar a year after i quit, didn't even see 1 player in a major city that was once flooded with people. happens sadly 

Posted (edited)

Are you looking at the same chart as me? The average number of players has dropped from 11,534 to 2,144; I'm not sure what your definition of stable is but it seems to be the same definition as decline.  

Am I being trolled here? 

The Irony ..

• You have claimed "Tera on the other hand has seen nothnig but a decline" I provided close range Data showing that it doesn't :

7d.thumb.PNG.635ad7d459e188c70399d39fd59

1M.thumb.PNG.f6665b5e4fb3c45d3f4cac44f2e

• You jumped back asking for General Older Data, I provided once again numbers proving the population stability in the same Link, and in case your too lazy to click it, here it is : 

Steam_All.thumb.PNG.83a5faac56063925c0e7

• Now your switching again to small Range Data. *sigh*

Make up your mind ..

As for the 2 Months, Notice it Relative part, and i am sure you'll find it much more accurate than the 14k Players loss per 3 Months you mentioned.

Edited by Artorias
Quotes Missing.

Posted

Steam_All.thumb.PNG.83a5faac56063925c0e7

All-time peak = 25,112

24 hour peak = 4,563

Artorias = This is not a decline

Notice it Relative part

hit hard within 1 single month.

Please try to remember what you've typed. 

Posted

Servers aren't downgraded that way in capacity. It actually costs more money to do that then it does to upgrade for most MMORPG servers. This game doesn't release solid player #'s, all it releases is it's profits each quarter, and recently, it's made more profit. The game also has more individual reddit viewers everyday and more consistent NA twitch viewers (about 1500 NA, 500 KR, sometimes more) 

That's all you have to go on. The game doesn't give official numbers, even WoW stopped giving player #'s each quarter (because of investors pulling out and putting in over and over)

You also have other things you can go off off. Look at patch note views and stuff, etc. 

From my point of view as an officer in a top siege guild on NA, we also gain more people applying or wanting to join the guild vs people quitting. It's rare to see someone fully quit these days since BDO is a free game and there's no alternatives right now other than WoW, FFXIV, GW2 (currently doing bad), or ESO. 

The game's not the most popular MMO, but it's joined the BIG 3. GW2 is losing it's playerbase (until it makes a new expac or something) while BDO is retaining or slowly increasing(however this could change if newer players become bored). WoW and FFXIV remain the top 2 by-far however. 

But they can lower whatever arbitrary requirement is set that enables the crowded notice to appear can they not? And this game has released solid numbers, did you not see the anniversary number sheet with information ranging from registered users to how many have x grade gear? The earlier numbers I offered weren't just random shots in the dark, they were based off official statistics offered by our publishers. It would be redundant for me to ask for you to provide concrete information for your side if I wasn't using any myself. 

Things like viewer increases in Twitch and Reddit are things that can be worked with, but I have to ask if there's any actual recorded information on these fluctuations? When you say reddit has gotten an influx of players, exactly how large is that influx, and how active have those players remained? Even in regards to Twitch which I've never involved myself with for BDO, how consistent were views in the past, how long has this growth been happening, and is it just a temporary blimp because of a shiny new class/awakening? You have to keep in mind this is a thread about long term success, so getting even if it is true that BDO has gotten a influx of new players, unless they are convinced to stay it still doesn't matter, if this game has a poor player retention rate (as i'm lead to believe it does) it won't matter if it gets some new players because they're just a temporary addition. 

Posted

That being said, let's look at two major MMORPGs that are on Steam, FF14 and ESO.

FF14 currently has a higher number for 24 hour peak and average player than it started with.

ESO has a MUCH higher number for 24 hour peak an average player than it started with.

Tera has MUCH lower numbers than it started with.

Tera is somehow not dying according to these numbers.

Posted

that's a pretty empty argument, others games are successful so this one will be too? that isn't how it works. 

Posted

When Guild Wars 3 or the next Final Fantasy MMO arrives, that's when BDO dies.  That or when Trump nukes North Korea and North Korea rains hell on the South.

Bullshit... Neither of those are big enough to kill other mmorpgs... Hell the only MMo which WAS big enough to do it, was old WoW... And currently it aint concurency even to its old-itself... Most of MMOs currently are either plain bad, or have serious issues... BDO is on the same boat just its best out of the things we can choose from...Even new WoW updates are terrible... The only mmos worth mentioning were Tera (p2w) and AA (p2w)... (GW is antic and every FF is as fresh as every new Bond movie)

Hell even from upcoming things Revival got canceled and Ashes of creation is still in its diapers... No major threat to BDO in any new future...

FF14 currently has a higher number for 24 hour peak and average player than it started with.

ESO has a MUCH higher number for 24 hour peak an average player than it started with.

Tera has MUCH lower numbers than it started with.

Tera is somehow not dying according to these numbers.

Starting populatiosn has nothing to do with quality of a game... Its dependent on a marketing... The number it gets later down the way is reflect of quality... So if it has more players or less players than later is depending on a work of marketing team... Nothing to do with stability... Its common trend with every release and update, that population fluctuates... If it hits some value that aint changing over the longer period of time, it is indeed stabilized... Taking some random peak and then another one and telling that game is dying bcs there is difference is sth so stupid only you would use it in an argument...

If you want to tell some mmorpg is growing or dying, show a trend, not 2 points... But then again you wouldnt be able to shitpost on the forum, if you had to think alongside it..

Posted (edited)

Black Desert does have a horrible Enchating system. It suffers from frustrating RNG. The world graphics are not as good as FFXIV (pop-in is an eyesore). It also suffers from forced world PvP, instead of having PvE channels and/or servers that are only for PvE players. This drives away a huge chunk of gamers that aren't into being ganked.

Even with all its problems, I don't see any other MMORPG that can compete with BDO's character customization and combat animations. Those that come remotely close don't have housing at all or suffer from a bad housing system.

I think if anything destroys BDO, it will be the lack of PvE content. Bosses lack exciting mechanics. Even those that have one or two mechanics are incredibly boring.

Other than bosses, the only thing to do with PvE combat is grind mobs. Luckily, Pearl Abyss just announced new PvE content that does look fun/interesting/ might require players to communicate. Time will tell if they produce something that makes gamers talk to one another and form strategies. If they manage to fix PvE so we aren't stuck grinding at only 2 mob spots, BDO will thrive.

I don't know what they were thinking making only 2 mob areas decently profitable, but we can only hope they buff other mobs to be able to compete in silver earned. It would be so nice to have options! 

The top 2 reasons I have personally seen (other people could have different experiences) that people drop BDO is sheer boredom and PvP ganking.

I have over a hundred friends that play BDO. Not one of them PvPs, but sadly the PvPers think that their PvP will vanish if PvE players are given their own server. A common response is to tell us to simply play another game. :/ 

Nothing hurts a game more than players trying to get other players to jump to another MMORPG.

BDO could easily have a non-karma channel for hardcore PvPers as well as a PvE server (that people cannot return from) that treats all players like they never did the quest to unlock PvP. 

Instead, we have a cluster of everyone forced in together ><

The situation is made even worse by having everyone compete for the top $ earning mob grinding spot. People log out and stop playing because other players are shooing them out.

Edited by Vorkrunne
1 person likes this

Posted

All-time peak = 25,112

24 hour peak = 4,563

Artorias = This is not a decline 

Are you really basing the "Declining" Argument around a comparison of an All-time peak Vs Every day peak ? By that logic every single MMORPG on market is "declining".

Guess it's time to pick that coat again ..

Please try to remember what you've typed. 

Oh, it's okey i actually admitted the Brawler Nerf came late, in comparison to the previous Classes, and already gave you credit for that point.

It's you however who keep conveniently "forgetting" what number your going to pull next : 

~14k players, or roughly 50% of the players removed the game

a drop of around 9,000 players

Also, i fail to see why would Black Desert have any rights to criticize other games Classes Balance ?