• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

New classes

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Are there any new classes being planned? A friend wants to know if a male archer/ranger is possible in the future.

Posted

Striker is the only newly announced class so far. Which is a martial artist/monk kind of class.

Posted

While Striker is in the light and we know quite a lot about it, they also announced/teased at a second upcoming class*.. female, sword or blade main hand weapon, rest is guesswork - and as it isn't in active development yet, not even the easily deciphered parts are final (unless there was additional info released since the livestream).

*for the pic see dulfy's livestream summary here and scroll to the bottom / last pic of the article.

Re: male ranger/archer:

This question comes up quite often (there was a male elven archer teased in one of the early KR trailers), there hasn't been a definite answer yet - the one thing that's sure is, that it would have to play different than the Ranger as they don't want to do exact mirrors. Feed it to the search engine of your choice, and you're bound to find plenty of topics on this..

2 people like this

Posted

New upcoming class besides strike is dancer ( most likely)

Posted

New upcoming class besides strike is dancer ( most likely)

Some sorta twirly-whirly- blade dancer type from the looks of it, yeah...but they haven't begun any mechanics work according to the stream so it could end up being a Maehwa costume instead or nothing at all if they decide to go a different direction (doubted).

Posted (edited)

the only classes known to be coming in the future are a martial artists (striker) and some female swordsman (???) anything outside that is in the unknown, though I wouldn't put much stock in a male ranger in the future, if the release of the eleven region wasn't enough motivation for them to give us the class I'm not sure anything is. 

Edited by Montblank

Posted

So how far behind are we from KR? They get Striker on the 20th, when should we?

Posted

So how far behind are we from KR? They get Striker on the 20th, when should we?

if its the same as DK was, then about 3 months.

1 person likes this

Posted

the only classes known to be coming in the future are a martial artists (striker) and some female swordsman (???) anything outside that is in the unknown, though I wouldn't put much stock in a male ranger in the future, if the release of the eleven region wasn't enough motivation for them to give us the class I'm not sure anything is. 

I wonder why they hate the male ranger so badly...  I was hoping to get finally the male elf together with Kamasylvia as well... :(

Posted

I wonder why they hate the male ranger so badly...  I was hoping to get finally the male elf together with Kamasylvia as well... :(

As was I, but I guess that class is meant to be nothing more than a pipe dream now. If we couldn't get out first male elf class during the literal Elven region update, slim chance we are ever getting it. 

Posted (edited)

So many female characters in this game : 8 upon 6 males now when counting the striker... This is too much for me, as too many eastern combat styled characters, the style orientation has quite changed since release (7 western styled classes for 3 eastern styled, now 8 western for 6 eastern) I was surely not expecting such changes.

Where the hell did they get their assumptions on western players loving to play especially eastern combat styled female character ?!

Edited by Toutatrix

Posted

As was I, but I guess that class is meant to be nothing more than a pipe dream now. If we couldn't get out first male elf class during the literal Elven region update, slim chance we are ever getting it. 

The file exists, they don't even have to work on it so much and he could have a crossbow, guns... I don't see the big deal with the male ranger really. RIP.

Posted

The file exists, they don't even have to work on it so much and he could have a crossbow, guns... I don't see the big deal with the male ranger really. RIP.

last time i was told why there is no male rangers is because of lore, but other then that i didnt do any research on it.

Posted (edited)

last time i was told why there is no male rangers is because of lore, but other then that i didnt do any research on it.

If you read about the origins of DK on bdo website you'll see that they mention Archers, well, they spell it wrong, Acher, but I suppose they mean Archer since "acher" doesn't even exist... Anyway, it seems like there are male rangers in lore, that's also why I don't get why they killed this class, considering the fact that a lot of people complain about it and many people would like to see a male elf class, ranger or not. I'm kind of giving up but it would be easier for me if they had a very good explanation for not releasing Archer. :)

Edited by eitheldin
1 person likes this

Posted

total shame that maybe the most cool classes like dk, sorc, ranger are female only and will stay that way for a long time...

2 people like this

Posted

total shame that maybe the most cool classes like dk, sorc, ranger are female only and will stay that way for a long time...

I agree. A lot.

Posted

Totally, this is the first game I see featuring more female chars than male chars to that absurd proportion.

1 person likes this

Posted

i just hate that they DID have male versions of the current female locked characters, and threw them away. Why do that? I mean your profile pic is proof lol

1 person likes this

Posted

I want a heavy cavalry class

Posted

Lets fix female ranger then ask for a male ranger. 

Image result for triggering intensifies

Posted

7-WOZV.gif

Probably not though

Posted

Lets fix female ranger then ask for a male ranger. 

Image result for triggering intensifies

That's straight logic...

Why should I bother to wait for an exotic thea to be actually exotic when all I want is a coffee ..?

I'm personally awaiting a male range/melee class like the current ranger, I'd prefer a gun slinger or something like an inbetween the ranger and the musa considering range to avoid copy pasting but more importantly I couldn't care less about the female elf ranger.

Posted

i just hate that they DID have male versions of the current female locked characters, and threw them away. Why do that? I mean your profile pic is proof lol

Exactly, apparently they prefer to create new classes instead of the male version of the existing ones but they could have given us at least the Archer since he was there already... I don't get it really :)

Posted

Male sorc....:/

I'am still triggered when I go to Tarif....