• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

the reason why bdo won't die soon

21 posts in this topic

Posted

it's desync

because desync sabotages skilled/better players while bad/horrible players are already bad so if you entered pvp and you were more skilled than your enemy but there was 25% chance that you'll die (cus of desync) or 25% chance that you'll win cus of desync then its worse for you because if there were no desync you'd have 100% win rate but because there is, you only have 75% win rate

but those 25% are enough to feed the horrible player with some ego and that's enough to keep him going.

This is obviously common sense but yeah, you should be aware that the  only reason the majority of people in this game even manage to land their skills or do anything is purely because of desync and nothing else.. but most of these mediocre/below average people don't even care what's the reason, they look at the score or the results and use that to feed themselves with some ego

If this game required 100% skill (like tera 3v3 back in the day) it would be dead cause people can't handle losing non-stop. I still remember when my team in tera was at 95%+ win rate for months and months and all the normies would quit 3v3 and blame class balance or something untruthful and irrelevant like that 

Posted (edited)

This game is dead, not right now but as soon as an alternative comes out.

Point blank we have no where else to go right now for a quality MMORPG that features large scale pvp, action combat, gear grind, and meaningful PVE content.

Archeage had better life mechanics than this game ever did, to bad the devs ruined it. 

I love BDO i do, so much i suffer thru playing it. However the moment a GREAT alternative comes i'm out. 

Now im sure Plunge and the White Knight army will come in here and tell players this is pure propaganda and bla bla bla.

But ive never once was set on looking for an alternative until the server stability became such an issue, Its such a blatant issue even the GM;s respond to tickets apologizing, The devs said themselves during the Oasis live reveal they were apologetic for it and that they know they have some HUGE overhauls for the game to be working in there vision. When even the LAN hosted tourney is experiencing desycn and rubberbanding its very discouraging to the those who would like to see it fixed. 

Pearl Abyss basically has until another company can out do them to fix the servers, who knows how long that may be. 

Edited by Pleazure
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Point blank we have no where else to go right now for a quality MMORPG that features large scale pvp, action combat, gear grind, and meaningful PVE content.

Archeage had better life mechanics than this game ever did, to bad the devs ruined it. 

I love BDO i do, so much i suffer thru playing it. However the moment a GREAT alternative comes i'm out. 

You pretty much don't have any sort of MMORPG coming out with this any time soon however. 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

You pretty much don't have any sort of MMORPG coming out with this any time soon. 

Oh i know, and thats the sad part closest two games are Bless and Moonlight blade (i think thats the name) but those just like subpar versions of Archeage and BDO. 

Posted (edited)

Oh i know, and thats the sad part closest two games are Bless and Moonlight blade (i think thats the name) but those just like subpar versions of Archeage and BDO. 

I think that at some point the servers may get better and with KAMA P2 we may get some more involved PVE content. They have that new PVE Tower defense game in P2 of kamasylvia. 

There's really only a couple of small changes to make BDO super amazing. 

Right now the only problem is server lag -_-

Edited by Catclaw
2 people like this

Posted

The only reason this game won't die is because there's no game that can rival BDO.

Literally, we all know, RNG kills the game, but there's no better game than BDO, so we just bear with it. Simple as that.

1 person likes this

Posted

"WoW Legion is going to kill BDO!"

"Crowfall is going to kill BDO!"

"Albion Online is going to kill BDO!"

If you want to quit BDO then quit it, all this doom saying and preaching that X will kill BDO or the lack of X being fixed will kill BDO is nothing but a pat on the back for people like yourself. You're not trying to convince others, you're not trying to warn new players; you're trying to convince yourself that BDO is going to fail and that something better is going to come along. What's really going to happen is that you're going to play BDO for another year or two, continuously whine and cry on the forum until you jump to another MMO where you'll start the whole process all over again. 

Stop trying to convince yourself my friend, swallow your pride and just quit. :) 

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

This game is almost perfect. It just needs more harem content.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan
1 person likes this

Posted

Now im sure Plunge and the White Knight army will come in here and tell players this is pure propaganda and bla bla bla.

But ive never once was set on looking for an alternative until the server stability became such an issue, Its such a blatant issue even the GM;s respond to tickets apologizing, The devs said themselves during the Oasis live reveal they were apologetic for it and that they know they have some HUGE overhauls for the game to be working in there vision. When even the LAN hosted tourney is experiencing desycn and rubberbanding its very discouraging to the those who would like to see it fixed. 

Pearl Abyss basically has until another company can out do them to fix the servers, who knows how long that may be. 

People will always cry "Game dying". I have seen this in every single MMO since early days of MMOs. The players  to usually quit are those who want companies to cater to them and those who come up with BS expectations like the one wit the P2W Bs. The majority of those quitters came back, like that idiot LazyPeon who trashed the game on many of his videos and now has released a new video where he came back to BDO. Take the game and enjoy the shit out of it. stop ffking crying so much because no one is giving you any attention or catering to you guys, or just uninstall and never come back. Seriously this shit starting again is not funny anymore.

Posted (edited)

BDO is currently best. And it will be best for the next 2 years. Yes its not perfect and we have desync f*cking us over quite often, low FPS etc. etc. But I really can't think of any flawless mmorpg which had perfect PvP without any kind of issue. Dunno man, just deal with it. In the end it's just a game... you know what I mean? :P

Edited by Tulpa
1 person likes this

Posted

Depends on how much it changes. I personally find the whole genre to feel stale, cliched and filled with generic content. It is hard to find an mmorpg nowadays that excites me as much as my first.

Posted

it's desync

because desync sabotages skilled/better players while bad/horrible players are already bad so if you entered pvp and you were more skilled than your enemy but there was 25% chance that you'll die (cus of desync) or 25% chance that you'll win cus of desync then its worse for you because if there were no desync you'd have 100% win rate but because there is, you only have 75% win rate

but those 25% are enough to feed the horrible player with some ego and that's enough to keep him going.

This is obviously common sense but yeah, you should be aware that the  only reason the majority of people in this game even manage to land their skills or do anything is purely because of desync and nothing else.. but most of these mediocre/below average people don't even care what's the reason, they look at the score or the results and use that to feed themselves with some ego

If this game required 100% skill (like tera 3v3 back in the day) it would be dead cause people can't handle losing non-stop. I still remember when my team in tera was at 95%+ win rate for months and months and all the normies would quit 3v3 and blame class balance or something untruthful and irrelevant like that 

well i have to say you have a point there. I died 22 times because of Magnet Grab in the last Valencia siege. You can play as good as you want but the game mechanics just let you down. But even with the lag and fps drops you can still manage to perform and you will outperform those "horrible Players" most of the time. 

1 person likes this

Posted

"I TELL YOU, GAEM DAED!"

Posted

BDO is currently best. And it will be best for the next 2 years. Yes its not perfect and we have desync f*cking us over quite often, low FPS etc. etc. But I really can't think of any flawless mmorpg which had perfect PvP without any kind of issue. Dunno man, just deal with it. In the end it's just a game... you know what I mean? :P

i can, every other mmo

But even with the lag and fps drops you can still manage to perform and you will outperform those "horrible Players" most of the time. 

yea.. if the game lets you

and even then 5 horrible players on average will > 1 good player cus of desync

sure you can win 1v5, i have many times (when the game doesn't desync sometimes i don't even take damage from them) but the chances are that some of them will hit you mid sa/iframe or magnet grab you and you'll die, and the more people there are the more chance for someone doing this

and this makes people that put more effort and thought in the game more depressed while it makes the average/normies happier since they get undeserved results (altho i doubt anyone actually likes desync at all but they get the satisfaction of killing better players which they never would without desync) 

Posted

I have to agree, so what of a degree.

I mean im in the same boat as most people, atm im just logging in getting my freebies and thats it, i cant do nothing else because of these server issues.

Here is a post i wrote about this on the forums. My Post

But if u dont wanna go to my post here is the vid i made for it YouTube

As you can see from the video i left a stream open so u can see that my internet was still working when these problems were happening. I have been playing my other games overwatch, hearthstone and starcraft without experiencing any internet issues at all. 

So yeah as soon as BDO fixes there problems ill play again, or if a alternative comes out ill go there, but either way BDO really need to get their crap sorted ASAFP cause im sick of it now and its beyond the joke that its been allowed to go for this long.

Even reviewers on youtube all have been saying the exact same thing, top notch game, but you gotta be willing to put up with the server lag and desync issues.

Posted

i can, every other mmo

Well if all other mmo's have better PvP (or even flawless). What does actually keep you playing BDO? I mean you could basically download "other mmo" and play that. Enjoy the PvP you are looking for. I know you would love to be able to play BDO without any desync or other issues, but that sadly won't happen. If it wasn't fixed until now then it never will. You clearly don't feel happy with how the game is at the moment, but there's always the option to play something else. So why force yourself to do something you don't enjoy doing because of reasons.

Posted

i can, every other mmo

yea.. if the game lets you

and even then 5 horrible players on average will > 1 good player cus of desync

sure you can win 1v5, i have many times (when the game doesn't desync sometimes i don't even take damage from them) but the chances are that some of them will hit you mid sa/iframe or magnet grab you and you'll die, and the more people there are the more chance for someone doing this

and this makes people that put more effort and thought in the game more depressed while it makes the average/normies happier since they get undeserved results (altho i doubt anyone actually likes desync at all but they get the satisfaction of killing better players which they never would without desync) 

it makes me sick seeing people grab engage all the time and having 0 clew how to follow it up. But do you think its fair that you can go 1v5 and survive? Or maybe kill them all? I feel like its working as intended to stop strong and overveared players to take over the game. Everytime i engage i only have to fear about the grabs because especially bad players abuse them like crazy...

Posted

When a game with better graphic and game play than BDO is released BDO's gonna die but seriously dude, how long u think that'll take? like 10 years maybe? lucky if we see any game that rivals BDO in 5 years.

Posted

"WoW Legion is going to kill BDO!"

"Crowfall is going to kill BDO!"

"Albion Online is going to kill BDO!"

If you want to quit BDO then quit it, all this doom saying and preaching that X will kill BDO or the lack of X being fixed will kill BDO is nothing but a pat on the back for people like yourself. You're not trying to convince others, you're not trying to warn new players; you're trying to convince yourself that BDO is going to fail and that something better is going to come along. What's really going to happen is that you're going to play BDO for another year or two, continuously whine and cry on the forum until you jump to another MMO where you'll start the whole process all over again. 

Stop trying to convince yourself my friend, swallow your pride and just quit. :) 

They might also be warning game creators and the community, though.

If all he wanted to do was quit, he'd probably do it. While some are inclined to whine, that doesn't mean there isn't any value of input. Maybe the goal post will keep being shifted, but with everything people understand and know, the standard should be better in BDO than we have it, that's something worth saying. Just quitting without saying anything can leave those wanting answers puzzled, so people talking about things they enjoy and dislike about anything is good.

Posted

that doesn't mean there isn't any value of input.

You're an idiot.

Plunge take kakaos ----- out your mouth for the rest of the day they're chaffing.

Posted

When Lost ark release, BDO would die certainly. (slowly)