• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let negative karma players defend themselves if attacked

119 posts in this topic

Posted

This one change would probably fix the entire karma system and it's so easy to do.

9 people like this

Posted

you gone red, why not continue alts + C ? or are you just a ----- who afraid of going max negative karma ?

1 person likes this

Posted

you gone red, why not continue alts + C ? or are you just a ----- who afraid of going max negative karma ?

Because there's absolutely no benefit to going max negative karma besides a bit of fun.  Meanwhile on the flip side the negatives are 5 pages long.  You can't even grind your way back to positive Karma without being harassed.. and you can't defend yourself.

The system is broken and everyone knows it.  They are never going to actually TRULY fix it, so at least they could put a bandaid on it like I suggested.

7 people like this

Posted

Best thing to do would be to make Valencia mobs actually give decent karma. It's ridiculous that calpheon/mediah mobs give so much better karma gains than Valencia.

1 person likes this

Posted

Best thing to do would be to make Valencia mobs actually give decent karma. It's ridiculous that calpheon/mediah mobs give so much better karma gains than Valencia.

Not rly, if you consider the fact the desert is a lawless place, where going negative is kind of promoted caus of no penalties and muiquun.

So why would you want karma back fast?

Posted

Not rly, if you consider the fact the desert is a lawless place, where going negative is kind of promoted caus of no penalties and muiquun.

Oh yes, Muiquun, best place BDO. Can do so many things there.

1 person likes this

Posted

You've never actually been to Muiquun have you?

1 person likes this

Posted

You've never actually been to Muiquun have you?

To be fair, no one ever goes to Muiquun. So ofc he's never been there lol.

That's kinda the problem. Devs seem to think there's a bunch of guys that wants to roleplay bandit as an actual playstyle. That's why Valencia danger zones gives almost no karma back.

It's been over 6+ months now since Valencia pt 2 came out and they made these changes to the desert. But I still haven't seen a so called bandit player, not even once O.o

Posted

I don't pk and even I know the karma system is bs. There needs to be a reward for pk. With great risk comes great reward......except in Bdo pk. Chalking it up to being pointless to even have a bandit camp. 

Maybe if you pked people you'd get pk medals and could turn them in for rewards? But the medal would be like a trade item where if you die they have w chance to break or drop too.

4 people like this

Posted

The seal thing could work but I'd add that you need to have a quest activated from Muiqunn. The buffs from neg karma via Muiqunn are ok but your only realistic area to grind is pila ku since it's the only nearby area with decent xp and loot.

1 person likes this

Posted

Make an alt and equip it with pri-tri grean gear and pk ppl 24/7, you lose nothing even if you died to mobs since it is bad gear anyway, had enough fun, switch back to your main.

2 people like this

Posted

Make an alt and equip it with pri-tri grean gear and pk ppl 24/7, you lose nothing even if you died to mobs since it is bad gear anyway, had enough fun, switch back to your main.

currently levelling my ninja :)

2 people like this

Posted

There needs to be a reward for pk. With great risk comes great reward......except in Bdo pk.

The only reward slaughtering people half a dozen levels lower with half the gear you have should reap is a slap round the face.

Yeah sure not all PK is vastly over leveled over geared tools one shotting people who cant fight back im sure there is one or two that look for fair good fights but there a lot like unicorns , magical and so far purely imaginary 

1 person likes this

Posted

Tbh i wouldnt mind staying at -1mil negative karma IF YOU DIDNT LOSE UR CRYSTALS.

I would PK every single human and giant soul in the game cause i wouldnt be afraid of losing my crystals

1 person likes this

Posted

The only reward slaughtering people half a dozen levels lower with half the gear you have should reap is a slap round the face then the therapy they need for whatever self esteem issues lead to the behaviour in the first place.

You know they could just do like WoW did. Targets several levels lower than you are grey and worth 0 honor (the pvp currency in WoW). People would still do it to be jerks, but they'd reap none of the benefits for doing so.

2 people like this

Posted

Tbh i wouldnt mind staying at -1mil negative karma IF YOU DIDNT LOSE UR CRYSTALS.

I would PK every single human and giant soul in the game cause i wouldnt be afraid of losing my crystals

Which is kind of why the loss is there, going negative is meant to be a risk taking activity, not something you leisurely do without any worries. 

4 people like this

Posted

Which is kind of why the loss is there, going negative is meant to be a risk taking activity, not something you leisurely do without any worries. 

See that would be true if the person you just murdered lost something too. Having guards attack you on site should be the risk you take when you go red. Losing progress should not one of the risks. Unless of course the person you killed also lose progress but that would open another can of worms. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Id rather lose exp because whatever lolol but dem crystal doe 😱

Posted

Id rather lose exp because whatever lolol but dem crystal doe 😱

problem with that is unless you are going to allow for de-levelling player can just sit at 0% and run around penalty free

See that would be true if the person you just murdered lost something too. Having guards attack you on site should be the risk you take when you go red. Losing progress should not one of the risks. Unless of course the person you killed also lose progress but that would open another can of worms. 

How does that factor? Your risk is your own, not everyone else's, if you bet 1000$ on slots regardless of whether anyone else participated or not that is still a risk taking gesture, because you as a single person offered a payment for the uncertain possibility of some other gains, that is what taking a risk is, it isn't something that has to be shared to exist. As for not losing progress, what other loss is there to be had in a game? Everything about mmos is progress, your gear, your levels, your money, even your time is just an extension of how to progress, take all of that away and what penalties can even be made?

Posted

Everything about mmos is progress, your gear, your levels, your money, even your time is just an extension of how to progress, take all of that away and what penalties can even be made?

What progress is taken away from you get pked? Nothing. You get a free port back to your node. If having the option to kill someone is in place then both parties should suffer a penalty. This isn't real life either so let's not use real life comparisons. People been doing that since beta  

Posted

Ernest attempts to escape pika ku jail.

Posted

What progress is taken away from you get pked? Nothing. You get a free port back to your node. If having the option to kill someone is in place then both parties should suffer a penalty. This isn't real life either so let's not use real life comparisons. People been doing that since beta  

It is your own personal choice so why does it matter what other people do, are you honestly telling me you have an issue with other people not paying for your decisions? If you decide to make an action, if you decide to take a risk, it isn't the job of others to front the bill for it, you pay for your choices, you take your own risks, other people aren't supposed to take care of you for you. And why can't we use real life comparisons? Logic is logic is logic, it's universal. 

2 people like this

Posted

It is your own personal choice so why does it matter what other people do, are you honestly telling me you have an issue with other people not paying for your decisions? If you decide to make an action, if you decide to take a risk, it isn't the job of others to front the bill for it, you pay for your choices, you take your own risks, other people aren't supposed to take care of you for you. And why can't we use real life comparisons? Logic is logic is logic, it's universal. 

I'm saying if you want my crystals and shit to break because I died in pvp- yes pvp. Then I expect the same thing to happen should I kill someone. If you don't like the sound of that then remove crystal breakage for red players as well. Again, their risk is already being attacked by guards, not being allowed in town, etc etc. They don't need progress denial risks as well.  

1 person likes this

Posted

don't be a douche and go red....

lol, misfits with anger management issues want special treatment when they go red.  No.  The punishments are there to reduce antisocial griefing. 

2 people like this

Posted

I don't pk and even I know the karma system is bs. There needs to be a reward for pk. With great risk comes great reward......except in Bdo pk. Chalking it up to being pointless to even have a bandit camp. 

Maybe if you pked people you'd get pk medals and could turn them in for rewards? But the medal would be like a trade item where if you die they have w chance to break or drop too.

Really? You want to be rewarded for being a criminal? If anything all it would do is promote pk'ing.

On the topic at hand, don't go red. It is your choice to go negative karma. Getting karmabombed? Try being the bigger person and change channel. 

2 people like this