• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let negative karma players defend themselves if attacked

119 posts in this topic

Posted

This thread needs a big..............wait for it.....

LEARN TO SHARE!

Posted

LEARN TO SHARE!

Then make sharing competitive with not sharing. Cause right now it's not. At all.

Posted

I'm saying if you want my crystals and shit to break because I died in pvp- yes pvp. Then I expect the same thing to happen should I kill someone. If you don't like the sound of that then remove crystal breakage for red players as well. Again, their risk is already being attacked by guards, not being allowed in town, etc etc. They don't need progress denial risks as well.  

Again, why? You made a choice, you took a risk, it isn't everyone else's job to foot the bill for you if it doesn't work out. As I said before, going negative is a risk taking system, if you can't handle the risk then you can simply not do it, you shouldn't however turn around and tell everyone to make the system easier because you don't want to work for it. 

Posted

You've never actually been to Muiquun have you?

Did you just assume something?

Muiquun is perfect for red players, tons of quests and dailies which give a lot of cp exp.

Have you ever been there for extended periods of time while balls deep red?

To be fair, no one ever goes to Muiquun. So ofc he's never been there lol.

That's kinda the problem. Devs seem to think there's a bunch of guys that wants to roleplay bandit as an actual playstyle. That's why Valencia danger zones gives almost no karma back.

It's been over 6+ months now since Valencia pt 2 came out and they made these changes to the desert. But I still haven't seen a so called bandit player, not even once O.o

Considering there are 36 channels? And not many dare to go red? And going in with just the tip isn't going in, despite what she says.

Also, did you also just assume something?

gonna need to edit in some triggered memes

Posted

The only reward slaughtering people half a dozen levels lower with half the gear you have should reap is a slap round the face then the therapy they need for whatever self esteem issues lead to the behaviour in the first place.

Yeah sure not all PK is vastly over leveled over geared tools one shotting people who cant fight back im sure there is one or two that look for fair good fights but there a lot like unicorns , magical and so far purely imaginary 

just because you're a pansy and weak doesn't mean pk shouldn't be rewarded. Pk adds a danger element in a game desperately needing it. With weak and unchallenging mobs, the least there could be is some danger.

even if you have to make it so when negative karma players die, they can only spawn in towns and not nodes then it would suffice. That'd stop spawn camping. Also rewards could be handed out for defending ones self from a pk as well and winning.

Also if a bounty would go on peoples heads who go negative (the more negative the more reward for the defender) then there would be more incentive for anti pk groups and guilds to exist. A purge for the evil if you will. Even giving defenders xp for killing pkers would be good

Really? You want to be rewarded for being a criminal? If anything all it would do is promote pk'ing.

On the topic at hand, don't go red. It is your choice to go negative karma. Getting karmabombed? Try being the bigger person and change channel. 

in real life criminals get rewarded. Haven't you seen bankers or politicians? Lol anyway, stealing is a thing, so yes, I'd promote pk so like that anti pk can. Become a thing 

Posted

Not rly, if you consider the fact the desert is a lawless place, where going negative is kind of promoted caus of no penalties and muiquun.

So why would you want karma back fast?

It's a lawless place yet when u die u get sent to jail LOL.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

It is your own personal choice so why does it matter what other people do, are you honestly telling me you have an issue with other people not paying for your decisions? If you decide to make an action, if you decide to take a risk, it isn't the job of others to front the bill for it, you pay for your choices, you take your own risks, other people aren't supposed to take care of you for you. And why can't we use real life comparisons? Logic is logic is logic, it's universal. 

Yea, I mean that's kind of the whole point of an MMO.  I'd prefer death to have equal consequences as the PK'er so either remove consequences for PK'ing or add penalties for dying. 

Simply put, this game hands down has THE WORST PvP/PK system ever put to an MMO.  It seems like they tried to copy Lineage 2's but they missed out one very important aspect of Lineage 2's PK system WHEN SOMEONE FLAGS ON YOU, IF YOU FIGHT BACK YOU FLAG UP TOO.  Which is how it should be.

Games are about having fun.  This whole "ur a criminal u need to be punished" shit is the most retarded argument ever.  Most people don't mind being attacked while grinding, I certainly don't.  It adds some emergent fun from the monotony of this game.  Yet the game actively steps in and says "hey now, dont have too much fun!"

If you idiots constantly compare it to real life - then consider this - In real life can you walk up to a murderer walking down the street and just shoot them in the head and have it be justified? No, you can't.

Even World of Warcraft offers more open world PvP than this game.  I honestly don't understand why the ability to flag up in this game even exists.  The whole system is awful.

Here's the most simple way to fix this broken system:
If you flag up on someone by hitting them, and they attack you back, the PvP is free game.  No consequences for either party.
If you flag up on someone by hitting them, and they try to ignore you and don't attack you back, you get negative karma.

That's it, simple as that. Don't want to get PK'd? Don't fight back.  To balance this system out, maybe add in even a few MORE consequences for going negative karma.  This way non-consensual PvP is discouraged (that's what you want, isn't it?) yet the people who don't mind fighting once in a while can easily fight back and have fun.

Edited by Dreamagain

Posted

If anything the punishments for misfits who can't control violent urges should be harsher.

1 person likes this

Posted

Did you just assume something?

Muiquun is perfect for red players, tons of quests and dailies which give a lot of cp exp.

Have you ever been there for extended periods of time while balls deep red?

So you've not been. Gotcha.

Posted

If anything the punishments for misfits who can't control violent urges should be harsher.

lol.

Posted (edited)

Yea, I mean that's kind of the whole point of an MMO.  I'd prefer death to have equal consequences as the PK'er so either remove consequences for PK'ing or add penalties for dying. 

Simply put, this game hands down has THE WORST PvP/PK system ever put to an MMO.  It seems like they tried to copy Lineage 2's but they missed out one very important aspect of Lineage 2's PK system WHEN SOMEONE FLAGS ON YOU, IF YOU FIGHT BACK YOU FLAG UP TOO.  Which is how it should be.

Games are about having fun.  This whole "ur a criminal u need to be punished" shit is the most retarded argument ever.  Most people don't mind being attacked while grinding, I certainly don't.  It adds some emergent fun from the monotony of this game.  Yet the game actively steps in and says "hey now, dont have too much fun!"

If you idiots constantly compare it to real life - then consider this - In real life can you walk up to a murderer walking down the street and just shoot them in the head and have it be justified? No, you can't.

Even World of Warcraft offers more open world PvP than this game.  I honestly don't understand why the ability to flag up in this game even exists.  The whole system is awful.

Here's the most simple way to fix this broken system:
If you flag up on someone by hitting them, and they attack you back, the PvP is free game.  No consequences for either party.
If you flag up on someone by hitting them, and they try to ignore you and don't attack you back, you get negative karma.

That's it, simple as that. Don't want to get PK'd? Don't fight back.  To balance this system out, maybe add in even a few MORE consequences for going negative karma.  This way non-consensual PvP is discouraged (that's what you want, isn't it?) yet the people who don't mind fighting once in a while can easily fight back and have fun.

"most people" where did you pull that fact from? xD

Also it's more of a vigilante system. Then walking up to a murderer walking down the street and just shoot them is justified. You know, like in fantasy, movies and I guess games.

Your "fix" is stupid. Enough said.

"Don't want to get PK'd? Don't fight back."...Are you reading before you type? Not fighting back will still end up in you being PK'd. Ask all the afk fisher and horse trainers.

Best solution: Once someone goes red, and they gets killed, they lose their character, also they get their account deleted, and they pay for a new one if they want back. Oh also it should cost x2 the price. 

/s (still a better "fix")

Edited by Reu
1 person likes this

Posted

"most people" where did you pull that fact from? xD

Most people enjoy all aspects of the game and engage in a little bit of everything.  That includes random PvP in the open world.  Most people play this game for fun and aren't snowflakes who wrinkle up in to a ball and cry in a corner because somebody created content for them in a video game.

You can deny this all you want, but the vocal minority snowflakes of the forums are not the majority player base.

Posted

Most people enjoy all aspects of the game and engage in a little bit of everything.  That includes random PvP in the open world.  Most people play this game for fun and aren't snowflakes who wrinkle up in to a ball and cry in a corner because somebody created content for them in a video game.

You can deny this all you want, but the vocal minority snowflakes of the forums are not the majority player base.

I don't get where "most" come from. All you have shown me is what you think. You don't speak for "most", I mean it is your opinion to think so. Maybe that is what "most" people think and enjoy, but I see no proof of it, just some random person on the forum saying so. Unless you clone yourself many many times and you are speaking on behalf of them.

Posted

proof?

1 person likes this

Posted

learn manners!

lol.  an ethug.  how cute.

besides you being racist, in what way was I "thug"?

Posted

Really? You want to be rewarded for being a criminal? If anything all it would do is promote pk'ing.

On the topic at hand, don't go red. It is your choice to go negative karma. Getting karmabombed? Try being the bigger person and change channel. 

That's not being the bigger person, that's called losing to a bully or bending over and taking it.

Posted (edited)

besides you being racist, in what way was I "thug"?

lol.  how is that racist?  calling racist at anything you find offensive.  Ironic after calling someone else a pansy.  You were behavior like a thug calling someone a pansy and playing internet tough guy.  E-thug..

edit:  help for the functionally illiterate amongst us:

noun
a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.
(sometimes initial capital letter) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.
Edited by Columba

Posted (edited)

LEARN TO SHARE!

As soon as the masochists.... i mean korean devs actually give an incentive for group play I will. Until then... well can't safetly post that without a ban

edit: probably should have mentioned the new group meta where half the group competes with the grinder and the other steals whatever they're not at.
Great system we got going on here >.>

Edited by Morgren

Posted

lol.  how is that racist?  calling racist at anything you find offensive.  Ironic after calling someone else a pansy.  You were behavior like a thug calling someone a pansy and playing internet tough guy.  E-thug..

edit:  help for the functionally illiterate amongst us:

noun
a cruel or vicious ruffian, robber, or murderer.
(sometimes initial capital letter) one of a former group of professional robbers and murderers in India who strangled their victims.

in other words you're saying thugs are teasers lol 

Posted

I'm saying that there's nothing racist about the word, thug.  Behavior, not race, defines the usage.

Posted

Sounds like op likes to pk randoms and not grind at all...

1 person likes this

Posted

Support, people abusing the karma system to push players out of certain areas by acting childish is annoying. 

Posted

That's not being the bigger person, that's called losing to a bully or bending over and taking it.

huh? Are we talking about the same thing? Guess there is a misunderstanding.

Person A grinding at X

Person B takes spot X by pk (I say takes, they bullied someone off the spot)

Person A karma bombs

Either Person B changes channel or loses lots of karma or waits until karma bomber is gone. If you are saying the karmabomber is the bully in this situation you can fk right off. That is not getting bullied, person B is the bully and he deserves to get karmabombed imo.

If you switch roles, and the karma bomber is the one who tried to pk you, but lost and now just karmabombing. Then you have a few choices, out farm them until they are bored, switch spots, switch channels etc, of course kill the fk a few times just before you hit negative. In that situation the karmabomber is a pathetic excuse of a human being. But still that is not bullying.

You do not have to flag and kill them, it is completely your choice to flag. Stop being an idiot.

It is your choice, either have the good grinding spot all to yourself as if you're privileged to have it and go red, or outfarm them (I would say group with them, but fk them, plus less stuff with them).

Posted

I'd prefer not to share a rotation that I already have to wait for mobs to respawn on. It's asking someone to waste their time to benefit someone who they do not know, plus if the person doesn't want to leave after being asked and intentionally goes out of their way to make someone lose karma, I'd prefer not to "share" with that person. Not to mention (not directed to everyone) that the majority of these players who karma grief will follow it up by remarks like "i got all day idiet". TLDR: I don't mind sharing a grind spot if I'm not already having to wait for the mobs to respawn and if the person isn't going to be an "idiet" about the situation. 

Posted

I'm saying that there's nothing racist about the word, thug.  Behavior, not race, defines the usage.

modern use of the word is typically associated with gangsters. Your cherry picked definition still wasn't relevant to my comment. I mean how was the use of the word "pansy" thuggish? Lol 

Screenshot_2017-04-16-21-14-29.png