• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let negative karma players defend themselves if attacked

119 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'd prefer not to share a rotation that I already have to wait for mobs to respawn on. It's asking someone to waste their time to benefit someone who they do not know, plus if the person doesn't want to leave after being asked and intentionally goes out of their way to make someone lose karma, I'd prefer not to "share" with that person. Not to mention (not directed to everyone) that the majority of these players who karma grief will follow it up by remarks like "i got all day idiet". TLDR: I don't mind sharing a grind spot if I'm not already having to wait for the mobs to respawn and if the person isn't going to be an "idiet" about the situation. 

Clearly you are doing it wrong... It's "idiot" by the way, lol.

modern use of the word is typically associated with gangsters. Your cherry picked definition still wasn't relevant to my comment. I mean how was the use of the word "pansy" thuggish? Lol 

Screenshot_2017-04-16-21-14-29.png

I didn't cherry pick anything. It was the first definition from dictionary site. Nothing in any of these definitions say anything about race, snowflake.  Go get Al Sharpton and his posse of spiritual ambulance chasers to come sue me, lol.  Some people always find an excuse to whine racism at every comment....

Edited by Columba

Posted (edited)

I'd prefer not to share a rotation that I already have to wait for mobs to respawn on. It's asking someone to waste their time to benefit someone who they do not know, plus if the person doesn't want to leave after being asked and intentionally goes out of their way to make someone lose karma, I'd prefer not to "share" with that person. Not to mention (not directed to everyone) that the majority of these players who karma grief will follow it up by remarks like "i got all day idiet". TLDR: I don't mind sharing a grind spot if I'm not already having to wait for the mobs to respawn and if the person isn't going to be an "idiet" about the situation. 

Then go red. If you prefer not to share and take those benefits, then clearly you think it is good enough to not share than to go negative.

High risk high reward situation. Why turn this into low reward high risk? Even go as far as to reward this kind of stuff? so win win? Greedy much?

Edited by Reu

Posted (edited)

I didn't cherry pick anything. It was the first definition from dictionary site. Nothing in any of these definitions say anything about race, snowflake.  Go get Al Sharpton and his posse of spiritual ambulance chasers to come sue me, lol.  Some people always find an excuse to whine racism at every comment....

except you still haven't explained how calling someone a pansy is "vicious, murderous , or tough guy"

I'll wait 

Lol the fact that you chose that word among the myriad of words in the English vocabulary shows your intent. I personally don't care, but ninja racism isn't new lol. I was just curious how one word "pansy" could mean anything else than "person who teased lightly" 

Edited by midgard229

Posted

You missed the irony behind it. There's a reason why it's in quotations. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lol

You missed the irony behind it. There's a reason why it's in quotations. 

troll is a troll. Feed him till he pops

Edited by midgard229

Posted (edited)

except you still haven't explained how calling someone a pansy is "vicious, murderous , or tough guy"

I'll wait 

Lol the fact that you chose that word among the myriad of words in the English vocabulary shows your intent. I personally don't care, but ninja racism isn't new lol. I was just curious how one word "pansy" could mean anything else than "person who teased lightly" 

Lol.  My intent?  hahahaha.  I am sorry snowflake if I hurt your feelings.  Calling someone a pansy and weak is what thugs do. It's what bullies do.  it's what tough guys do.  Yes I picked a word that encapsulated all those attributes.  That you chose to see it as racists is entirely your problem, snow flake.  I know you think I am oppressing you with "ninja racism" whatever the $^%# that snowflake term is supposed to mean.  Yes it was my evil micro aggression with a trigger word in your little safe space!!!!@ lol.  Go back to your liberal college campus where your feelings are 100% protected from the real world.  Clearly the real world is just too mean for you.  Wow.  Ninja racism.  Now I've heard it all from you snowflakes.

"Mommy the big bad man is oppressing me with trigger words in my safe space!"  wow.  pathetic.  Thug is now a ninja racist term.  hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Edited by Columba

Posted

So you've not been. Gotcha.

----- your manners, gimme experience and silver.

lul, is this the part where you enlighten me? cuz im like ... not dying tho.

Have you ever gone max neg karma? or did you go like -150 to degrade reblath

Posted

Lol

troll is a troll. Feed him till he pops

Snowflake is snowflake.  Feed him with things he doesn't like and he'll scream racism.

Posted

Snowflake is snowflake.  Feed him with things he doesn't like and he'll scream racism.

Here that guys, wanna be tough? Call someone a pansy; your balls will triple in size says this guy ^^^^^^

man I feel the testosterone pumping!!!! Never knew a PG word could be so offensive. Lmaaaao

besides your obvious trolling, if the majority of the comment was bullying I'd understand, but oh well, let the trolling continue. I'm at work laying down and watching TV. Entertain me......you pansy *flexes muscles*

Posted

Here that guys, wanna be tough? Call someone a pansy; your balls will triple in size says this guy ^^^^^^

man I feel the testosterone pumping!!!! Never knew a PG word could be so offensive. Lmaaaao

besides your obvious trolling, if the majority of the comment was bullying I'd understand, but oh well, let the trolling continue. I'm at work laying down and watching TV. Entertain me......you pansy *flexes muscles*

Why would you mention " I'm at work laying down and watching TV. " ...I hope your boss knows that and/or doesn't mind or your picture is not of you because some person on this forum is going to back trace the picture, if you have fb and work details on it, they will know where to go...Seen it happen to someone before. And people on the internet like -----ing others lives like that.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Mom!  The racists are oppressing me by using a perfectly valid word to describe my behavior!  Nice attempt to deflect whining racism at the word thug, lol.

Edited by Columba

Posted

Why would you mention " I'm at work laying down and watching TV. " ...I hope your boss knows that and/or doesn't mind or your picture is not of you because some person on this forum is going to back trace the picture, if you have fb and work details on it, they will know where to go...Seen it happen to someone before. And people on the internet like -----ing others lives like that.

thats fine, my fb isn't connected to my job at all , not even coworkers, thanks for heads up though.  People are douche bags 

1 person likes this

Posted

i think its fine like it is, YOU wanna be a jerk and pk random ppl for your own fun. and then you cry when we come after you .. lol come on REALLY ?  i think when your red you should be stuck in a tiny corner of valencia desert till your white again .. but i dont have the last word. These little problems from going red is what keeps the balance, or why would anyone bother not being alt-C all the time if you dont get punished for being a douche.

2 people like this

Posted

Mom!  The racists are oppressing me by using a perfectly valid word to describe my behavior!  Nice attempt to deflect whining racism at the word thug, lol.

Still can't explain how pansy is vicious or thuggish lol

Posted

i think its fine like it is, YOU wanna be a jerk and pk random ppl for your own fun. and then you cry when we come after you .. lol come on REALLY ?  i think when your red you should be stuck in a tiny corner of valencia desert till your white again .. but i dont have the last word. These little problems from going red is what keeps the balance, or why would anyone bother not being alt-C all the time if you dont get punished for being a douche.

I agree.

People seem to think once they flag, they can't turn it off or something...

Just like fishing in combat zone vs safe zone. A high-kinda- increasing risk, high reward vs low risk, low reward. For grinding you choose to go full pk, for that solo experience and silver or you out farm/cc/group/pk until you are close to neg but you get lower silver and exp either by time to find a new channel or loss of mobs or stopping.

If you are thinking of going negative karma, think about the grind back.

This whole topic is of an issue, that players do to themselves. It can be fixed by them simply learning to not do it to themselves. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Still can't explain how pansy is vicious or thuggish lol

Still can't show how thug is racist.  I already showed you above.  Thugs say those sorts of things to people....l2read

Posted

Maybe after we get PVE channels

Posted

Still can't show how thug is racist.  I already showed you above.  Thugs say those sorts of things to people....l2read

no you didn't lol, if the definition of thug is vicious and murderous how does using the word make me one? Ah endless circles. Typical troll stuck in a loop

Posted (edited)

no you didn't lol, if the definition of thug is vicious and murderous how does using the word make me one? Ah endless circles. Typical troll stuck in a loop

you advocate no consequences for pk behavior.  calling someone a pansy and weak also rate in my book.  perhaps not in yours.

so...how is thug racist again, or do you plan to evade that accusation?  Typical snowflake.  Can't back up his "racists are oppressing me" claims.

Edited by Columba

Posted

Its good to see a reasonable level headed discussion about karma.

At least...i think it would be nice if we could manage that one day.

Posted

Its good to see a reasonable level headed discussion about karma.

At least...i think it would be nice if we could manage that one day.

Some of us think it's perfect as is....

Posted

Yea, I mean that's kind of the whole point of an MMO.  I'd prefer death to have equal consequences as the PK'er so either remove consequences for PK'ing or add penalties for dying. 

Simply put, this game hands down has THE WORST PvP/PK system ever put to an MMO.  It seems like they tried to copy Lineage 2's but they missed out one very important aspect of Lineage 2's PK system WHEN SOMEONE FLAGS ON YOU, IF YOU FIGHT BACK YOU FLAG UP TOO.  Which is how it should be.

Games are about having fun.  This whole "ur a criminal u need to be punished" shit is the most retarded argument ever.  Most people don't mind being attacked while grinding, I certainly don't.  It adds some emergent fun from the monotony of this game.  Yet the game actively steps in and says "hey now, dont have too much fun!"

If you idiots constantly compare it to real life - then consider this - In real life can you walk up to a murderer walking down the street and just shoot them in the head and have it be justified? No, you can't.

Even World of Warcraft offers more open world PvP than this game.  I honestly don't understand why the ability to flag up in this game even exists.  The whole system is awful.

Here's the most simple way to fix this broken system:
If you flag up on someone by hitting them, and they attack you back, the PvP is free game.  No consequences for either party.
If you flag up on someone by hitting them, and they try to ignore you and don't attack you back, you get negative karma.

That's it, simple as that. Don't want to get PK'd? Don't fight back.  To balance this system out, maybe add in even a few MORE consequences for going negative karma.  This way non-consensual PvP is discouraged (that's what you want, isn't it?) yet the people who don't mind fighting once in a while can easily fight back and have fun.

The whole point of an MMO is to be involved in a massive virtual world with lots of social aspects, not to carry the burdens of random players who don't like how the game is built. If you wants things a different way you do you, but just because you want something without any objective reasoning behind, doesn't make it needed or right, which in future arguments you should keep in mind. Your fun isn't everyone's fun, and your views are only your views, you need to drop this notion that you somehow have the right or capacity to speak for an entire playerbase. 

Your comparison of killing in a video game versus real life is incredibly misguided, killing a person in a video game isn't at all similar to death in the real world, the effects have no lasting impact, are mildly inconvenient at best, and cause no real harm, heck even the prospect of becoming a so called "murderer" in this game has entirely different ramifications. If you are going to draw a comparison at least have them logically stack up. 

And I disagree for the need of any of the changes you have offered, if your aim is for honest and fair pvp then we already have mechanics in play (and even more coming in the future) that allow you to fight with other consensual pvper's, all your proposed changes do is make it easier for those who aren't interested to be bullied around. 

Posted

you advocate no consequences for pk behavior.  calling someone a pansy and weak also rate in my book.  perhaps not in yours.

so...how is thug racist again, or do you plan to evade that accusation?  Typical snowflake.  Can't back up his "racists are oppressing me" claims.

lmao hilariously I don't feel oppressed and don't care about the language. I just found it funny. I'm not literally falling you racist but you've been harping on it for so long maybe you're scared of being called one. This is overly sensitive,  easily offended america.

also, if you really reread my comments no where did I ever say pkers shouldn't be punished. Please quote where in said this. I said risks should have some reward, and people who kill negative karma players should be rewarded to do so, so there would be incentive to hunt negative karma players.

Posted

pkrs don't deserve rewards....just punishments.

Posted

pkrs don't deserve rewards....just punishments.

Could you be more angsty and make more assumptions based on how people play in a game?