• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Let negative karma players defend themselves if attacked

119 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't pk and even I know the karma system is bs. There needs to be a reward for pk. With great risk comes great reward......except in Bdo pk. Chalking it up to being pointless to even have a bandit camp. 

Maybe if you pked people you'd get pk medals and could turn them in for rewards? But the medal would be like a trade item where if you die they have w chance to break or drop too.

You know we don't take kindly to good/ decent/ great suggestions over here... RIGHT?!

How the f dare you!!!!

On a serious note, I have been thinking of going red for a bit, just to finish knowledge/ titles, but other than that, I really don't see the risk/ reward aspect.

1 person likes this

Posted

You know we don't take kindly to good/ decent/ great suggestions over here... RIGHT?!

How the f dare you!!!!

On a serious note, I have been thinking of going red for a bit, just to finish knowledge/ titles, but other than that, I really don't see the risk/ reward aspect.

lol of course not,  and wait there are titles for pking? That's awesome. I came from everquest looooooong ago and enjoyed saving people and killing/hunting pkers. But without a reason to pk there can be no pk hunters, it sucks 

Posted

Some of us think it's perfect as is....

Going off my quote,  it appears you're saying its perfect that every thread discussing ideas related to the karma system devolves rapidly into name calling. Fyi...I'm fine with the karma system...as I've pointed out in many threads many times. 

Posted

tl:drIf you didn't read the text because its "to long"...  since reading short text seems to overstrain your neuronal connections you should probably keep them relaxed means you shouldn't even consider to comment either

Reading just trought the first two pages here makes me hope and wish that all the lifeskiller puppies ("Its your decision to go red, you are a criminal bla bla bla") would go out to actually grind and maybe (hopefully) would have to defend their spot against some griefing butthat so they hopefully don't watch for it and go even 500 negative karma or such. And i really really really hope that other people would be there and immediately attack those puppies as soon as they go red. Making them loose 5% exp, and 4 crystals. Or flag up again to defend themself, then i hope the person attacking them will be smart and let them kill him. So they get another 70k negative karma trying to defend themself.

I had exactly that once, went to grind some retarded person came in, ignoring party offers trying to fk one up. I killed him accidentially went negative karma because i didn't watch out and of course then people came, saw a red name and attacked, even if asked to stop the retarded people continued. And what would you do then? I got away with minus 500k karma since these retards were not really able to kill me but attacking me over and over. That being said they could have but of course you defend yourself. However i went to another spot to grind the karma back, got back to 350k karma when there came a group of three people. I ignored them, they  were grinding their way until they went into the rotation that i did. So i asked!!! them to consider moving to a different rotation or maybe switch channels. Their decision was... to attack me which was laughable as their equip was way lower and again defending myself and winning the fight netted me another -180k karma as well as a possible report of one of those retard because after they died they were starting to insult me.

And this is how 80% of this community seems to be.

(now don't  come to me with "Change channels", or "run away" or such bs, because i would like to see how you run away from a witch or wizzard or change channels mid fight)

The Karma system as it is, is okay but the thing of "negative Karma player has to flag up to defend themself when being attacked and loosing more karma in the process" is just plain stupid and not a tiny little bit logic and should be fixed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Best thing to do would be to make Valencia mobs actually give decent karma. It's ridiculous that calpheon/mediah mobs give so much better karma gains than Valencia.

see the quote below

Not rly, if you consider the fact the desert is a lawless place, where going negative is kind of promoted caus of no penalties and muiquun.

So why would you want karma back fast?

i need to make note that being negative in the desert still has downsides. Ie if you die to a mob, a tear wont give you full exp back. Your crystals are also far more likely to break in the same scenario. This makes laggy days very hellish for reds that arent warriors/valks/zerkers.

Posted (edited)

Because there's absolutely no benefit to going max negative karma besides a bit of fun. 

Like there is no fun for ppl not willing to be "pvp attacked" beeing forced into pvp. ( especialy with that rng gear2win pvp )

You cant request to not have downside when you choose to IMPOSE YOUR "play style" to others players.

Otherwise, let ppl choose to have a total pvp off option, and sure, do whatever you want with "red karma"

If BDO had a balanded pvp no matter what, in that case, sure, certainly more interesting rules could be do to create a "villain" statu. ( since everyone would have all their change / ability to defend themself. ) But its not the case

Edited by woots

Posted (edited)

All the f**ktards that have NEVER truely been red karma, please, keep your bullsh*t to yourself, thank you very much.

TL;DR
High Risk > High rewards? Not even close.. High Risk > NO REWARD is the current system!

Going red is OUR decision, indeed! We all agree to this, even though in some situations you are pretty much forced to flag up, but simple b*tches won't ever understand that as all they do is hug trees and sh*t.

Can we all agree that with high risk comes high reward?!
Right now there is ZERO reward for VERY HIGH RISKS going red!

We lose:

• 2% exp on every single death
  • high chance for MULTIPLE crystals to break at once
  • your hard-earned enchantments downgrade on PvE Deaths
  • Guards attack you, which means you can't safely go back to your beloved city
  • Can't go bosses as people will instantly focus you
  • Can NOT use marketplace to sell your loot
  • Can NOT use your warehouse so you have to use a container in your house and work around with alts to repair or use the smaller camps to repair

So what do we "gain" out of it?

• stealing from NPC's is NOT worth it.. 4silver? WOAH! HIGH REWARD RIGHT THERE!
  • Muiquun a safehaven? Think again.. Missplaced guards that are supposed to 'protect' us are too far away from the actual village where the NPC's are and stuff
  • WE CAN BE KILLED INSIDE MUIQUUN, BUT WE CAN'T EVEN FIGHT BACK  AND DEFEND OURSELFS IN OUR VILLAGE! "safehaven"

What does our victime loses?

• chance to break crystal if unlucky. 
  • ?

So tell me, where is this HIGH RISK -> HIGH REWARD??!! Well? I'll wait :) 

FIX RED KARMA OR REMOVE KARMA COMPLETELY!

Oh, and let me add to my post the reason we still go red or are fulltime red.

Reason:

Your salty tears. 

Edited by Nagasaki
typo
1 person likes this

Posted

This one change would probably fix the entire karma system and it's so easy to do.

Agree

Posted

This games needs PvE and non-karma PvP channels.

Options make people happy.

Posted

I'm the kind of player who's not looking for conflict, try sharing spots or changing channels before anything. I facepalm when I see some players attack first and question never (at best they just yell insults).

However, I think people with negative karma should be able to defend themselves without losing even more karma. The idea of the system is to punish the aggression and just let it as a last resort to a conflict. But if you can jump on karma'd players and whatever they do they lose, it's an unfair punishment IMO. Karma'd players should just be attackable without losing karma and have the usual on death penalties. Making them drop more karma isn't fair. And it creates the exact kind of behaviour that karma is supposed to deter.

1 person likes this

Posted

• ?

You wish. Crystals only break in pvp when you're negative karma.

Yes, the system is THAT bad. I'm sorry.

Posted (edited)

That's false.. i occaissionly break crystals when I get PK'd. not talking about wars but actual PK while I'm positive karma.. 
Or my character is cursed to death and suffering

Have to add that it's a very small chance from my experience, but it happens to me atleast once a week. (killed by PK, and not by random mob lasthitting me)

Edited by Nagasaki

Posted

Or my character is cursed to death and suffering

I'm sorry, it's either that or you died to mobs :(

Posted

Not in the desert.

Posted

I had exactly that once, went to grind some retarded person came in, ignoring party offers trying to fk one up. I killed him accidentially went negative karma because i didn't watch out and of course then people came, saw a red name and attacked, even if asked to stop the retarded people continued. And what would you do then? I got away with minus 500k karma

So it's the games fault because you were to stupid to keep track of your karma? Try not to flag idiot. Easy way not to go red. "Defend their spot" what makes it theirs? Stop being a spoilt idiot, idiot. People like you make the game so much worse. And you tl;dr all i have to say is, really? Coming from the person who only read the first 2 pages?

All the f**ktards that have NEVER truely been red karma, please, keep your bullsh*t to yourself, thank you very much.

TL;DR
High Risk > High rewards? Not even close.. High Risk > NO REWARD is the current system!

Going red is OUR decision, indeed! We all agree to this, even though in some situations you are pretty much forced to flag up, but simple b*tches won't ever understand that as all they do is hug trees and sh*t.

So in your opinion there is no reward to going red. Soooo why do you go red? Are you stupid? Easy fix for you, stop being stupid, stupid. 

Posted (edited)

I always love threads like this.. They are basically this, in every game.

Developers: "Here is what happens if you kill people"
Redd: "Ok!"
*Redd kill people*
Red: "OMG BEING RED SUCKS!" *goes to forums and complains "DEVS YOU SHOULD "FIX" THIS"
Other Players: "They told you what would happen if you went red, you knew the risks, and you went on a killing spree anyhow"
Red "OMG you $&#*^# Noob you don't know &*#@ Don't tell me what its like to be Red *#^%@% $^#*#*^ $&*!#@ $^#*!@^
 *whining continues for 12 pages*

^ That being said, I kinda agree that you should not get more neg karma for defending yourself from attack, In a "players are the police force so you should get neg karma" kinda way it makes sense, but for a player really trying to not be negative it just make it an endless cycle, and that is bad.

Edited by Saphala

Posted

TL;DR

We lose:

• Can NOT use your warehouse so you have to use a container in your house and work around with alts to repair or use the smaller camps to repair

• Muiquun a safehaven? Think again.. Missplaced guards that are supposed to 'protect' us are too far away from the actual village where the NPC's are and stuff
  • WE CAN BE KILLED INSIDE MUIQUUN, BUT WE CAN'T EVEN FIGHT BACK  AND DEFEND OURSELFS IN OUR VILLAGE! "safehaven"

• ?

Reason:

Hidden Content

learn to share!

Posted

So it's the games fault because you were to stupid to keep track of your karma? Try not to flag idiot. Easy way not to go red. "Defend their spot" what makes it theirs? Stop being a spoilt idiot, idiot. People like you make the game so much worse. And you tl;dr all i have to say is, really? Coming from the person who only read the first 2 pages?

So in your opinion there is no reward to going red. Soooo why do you go red? Are you stupid? Easy fix for you, stop being stupid, stupid. 

it's our playstyle ;) stop being retarded and force YOUR playstyle opon us!
Going red wasnt always as it has been right now! it changed because retards cried about dying and losing exp.. now they -----ed it up! 
Either remove karma completely or bring back exp loss ;) 
What makes the spot ours? the fact that whoever is coming there cant hold the spot, dies continuesly. You cant defend it? you ----- off! simple as that, IDIOT!

learn to share!

learn to know your place! go look for another channel if u cant beat the dude and stop 'karmabombing'!

Posted

TL;DR

We lose:

• ?

Reason:

Hidden Content

I mean you still participate in the system so obviously this whole fictitious it isn't rewarding enough plea isn't accurate, you clearly find the rewards adequate enough, you're just upset the system doesn't favor you more than anyone else, which tough, I doubt you are the majority of the player base or even the kind of player the game was looking for in the first place. 

Posted

Going red wasnt always as it has been right now! it changed because retards cried about dying and losing exp.. now they -----ed it up! 

It means Kakao doesn't support YOUR playstyle ;)

Get a clue.

1 person likes this

Posted

Which is kind of why the loss is there, going negative is meant to be a risk taking activity, not something you leisurely do without any worries. 

But to even this out we need EXP loss again. Sorry, but I've had enough with the trash people who use tears after getting pk'd and attacking me again and again. If I flagged on you it's because you are trying to steal my rotation. It is UNACCEPTABLE to tear and get me negative defending myself because you want to be griefer. These types of trash people in the end get what they want, the rotation. What do I get? Salt and having to rebuild my karma back till the next trash person does the same thing. Yes, if you do what I said you are a trash person (I want to use a much harsher word but don't want to get warning points).

Posted (edited)

But to even this out we need EXP loss again. Sorry, but I've had enough with the trash people who use tears after getting pk'd and attacking me again and again. If I flagged on you it's because you are trying to steal my rotation. It is UNACCEPTABLE to tear and get me negative defending myself because you want to be griefer. These types of trash people in the end get what they want, the rotation. What do I get? Salt and having to rebuild my karma back till the next trash person does the same thing. Yes, if you do what I said you are a trash person (I want to use a much harsher word but don't want to get warning points).

You defend yourself by killing someone over and over? Really? "Steal my rotation" what makes it yours? Other bought this game too, it is not "yours".

Either remove karma completely or bring back exp loss ;) 
What makes the spot ours? the fact that whoever is coming there cant hold the spot, dies continuesly. You cant defend it? you ----- off! simple as that, IDIOT!

learn to know your place! go look for another channel if u cant beat the dude and stop 'karmabombing'!

LOL, it is your playstyle, then you complain about your playstyle? If you don't want to change your shitty play style then stop complaining about what you do to yourself xD

And they are trying to defend it the one way they can, pissing you off by karmabombing. If everyone had your playstyle then we would have a limited amount of players keep a spot to themselves for the whole game for each channel. You playstyle is being greedy and toxic , and then crying about it.

Also ----- off with your "cant hold spot" bs. If you die at a place in a game you simply come back and try again. This game isn't only for the top geared players. Everyone needs to grow.

Edited by Reu

Posted

I've seen mmo's way older than this who had better karma system. no matter how great the combat is, its a pve game, that's why you don't lose xp when killed by another player.

its pve even in pvp, basically the guy who you kill over and over again he will respawn back to you just like mobs.

Posted

Imagine in real world what would it be your petition:

"Allow criminals to kill policemen without getting extra punishment"

Facepalm.

Posted

did you just compare dying in a game to real life? go outside.