• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This sounds awesome!

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Just wanted to take a moment to appreciate this hidden gem of the OST. Never realized it before, but this one sounds great; plays on the way to Sand Grain Bazaar. Has some Nier Automata vibes, especially around 1:35. Love it! Alot of the Valencia tracks are actually really well done :)

2 people like this

Posted

It is not the only one, but yes, I always play games with sounds and music on and I liked this one as well (I only knew this as "Valencia Field 03" before).

The other one that catches me every time I know as "Valencia Sea 01" and it plays, when you cross Orisha Island and enter the sea around Valencia:

Black Desert OST - Valencia Sea01 - Orisha Island

During night time all those music changes either completely or gets some kind of echo.

Posted

Yep that one is good... But nothing beats Keplan music... And epheria is pretty good as well...

1 person likes this

Posted

I like this one the most too. At the first part, when the brass section enters with an anvil hit, I get such a nostalgic feeling. Vanilla wow used to have similar orchestrations, and I loved that game.

Posted

My first time heading towards the desert and not knowing what was in store felt epic because of the towering chasm walls and this music. The effort to create that kind of ambience was very successful. They should be proud of creating moments like this.

P.S. I also loved the hexe area and when I first entered that. Holy cow it mesmerized me with it's "suddenly I'm in a creepy place at night and don't know what's going on." vibe.

2 people like this

Posted

To me, Valencia is simply a master piece. Just look at the terrain near/around basilisks den for one example, don't see much like that in games let alone MMOs. BDO also does have some great tracks as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

To me, Valencia is simply a master piece. Just look at the terrain near/around basilisks den for one example, don't see much like that in games let alone MMOs. BDO also does have some great tracks as well.

Approaching and entering the basilisks den made me feel like I was living an indiana jones movie.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Approaching and entering the basilisks den made me feel like I was living an indiana jones movie.

This game makes tomb raider blush. The whole of Valencia is filled with places like that, all the valleys, mountains, caves and hidden streams.

Edited by Beeso
1 person likes this

Posted

This game makes tomb raider blush. The whole of Valencia is filled with places like that, all the valleys, mountains, caves and hidden streams.

If I had a video game studio I'd snipe up the artists that worked on this game. They are so good at this.

Posted

Maybe ill turn on the ingame music again.

Posted

Once of the best thing of bdo is simple the atmosphere it provied. Exploring this game is very enjoyable compared to another games (feels like a pure singleplayer)

Remember very well the first days of the game. Was fresh lvl 50 and go grind Hexe with this theme. I could not leave my eyes from the radar, it was horror to grind there.

Posted

P.S. I also loved the hexe area and when I first entered that. Holy cow it mesmerized me with it's "suddenly I'm in a creepy place at night and don't know what's going on." vibe.

Your profile pic matches your statement. And I fcking approve that cringe feeling at hexe area!

Posted

While i loved for example Thresh theme song from LoL, i get headache from Hexe monastery music... :D Its worse piece from soundtracks imo (just after riding musics, which i liked at first, but i got fed up with them after hearing it almost nonstop and had to disable them)... Its just random cling-clang for me which causes me pain... :D 

Posted

Agreed

Posted

Anyone has that theme that plays in the beginning area. Sounds like a flute with some tribal sounds in the background. You hear it sometimes where monsters that are higher level than you start chasing you.

Posted

Maybe ill turn on the ingame music again.

A lot of game music sucks and it's a distraction really . Except for some games that have epic music ^.^. That hexe sanctuary music though sounds good >.>

Posted

My favourite video game music ever is found in my favourite game ever. Dragon's Dogma!

For example you can be fighting a super tough battle and haring this music.

And during the battle you knock the enemy down and it's stunned and complete vulnerable, turning the fight in your favour and the music transitions to something like this.

P.S. Any Dragon's Dogma fans get this vibe from BDO like it could be a dragon's dogma sequel. It sometimes feels like it.

1 person likes this

Posted

i want to hear the one from kamasylvia 

Posted

The Music in the game is as good as it gets TBH..... I went from a 5.1 speaker setup to high end open-back headphones, to take more advantage of all the immersive music and the sound quality is also good. 

BTW, if anyone wants an amazing set of headphones with a mic, you want this combo (below)..... Never buy any "gaming" headsets, they sound like garbage, even worse, headphones that claim to have "surround sound" built in.... With Open back headphones, you get an amazing soundstage with immersive surrounding sound. Plus, you can still hear the wife saying its time to eat dinner... lol 

Philips SHP9500 HiFi Precision Stereo Over-ear Headphones

V-MODA BoomPro Gaming mic

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0