• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Valk PVP Matchups

34 posts in this topic

Posted

since the broken shild:

male Mage or female mage : 99:1

Bersi 99:1 for Bersi

Warrior 99:1for Warrior

Sorc 99:1 for Sorc

Musa: 99:1 Musa

Ninja 99:1 Ninja

Maewa : 99:1 Maewa

Ranger: 99:1 Ranger

Tamer: 99:1 Tamer

DK: 99:1 dk

Kunoichi: 99:1kuno

Valk 99:1 Gatekeeper

Posted

since the broken shild:

male Mage or female mage : 99:1

Bersi 99:1 for Bersi

Warrior 99:1for Warrior

Sorc 99:1 for Sorc

Musa: 99:1 Musa

Ninja 99:1 Ninja

Maewa : 99:1 Maewa

Ranger: 99:1 Ranger

Tamer: 99:1 Tamer

DK: 99:1 dk

Kunoichi: 99:1kuno

Valk 99:1 Gatekeeper

Honestly, the shield bug isn't a huge disadvantage in 1v1, it's mostly war where we feel the hurt. 

Posted

From my experience:

• there is no way to defeat warrior, berserker, wizard and witch
  • there is pretty easy to win with ninja, kuno and sorc (it always shock me why, because overall sorc is far better class)
  • all other classes have slight advantage over valk

witch and wizard in 1:1?

Posted

witch and wizards are possible if you can interrupt the healing / are faster then the port away and heal stuff.

Posted

If you think about it, the shield bug is basically a training tool for turtle valk to actively dodge stuffs and move around instead of sitting behind block and counter chance. But yeah that's not the reason why I picked valk :(

Posted

For my part I would never use blitz stab directly after hastilidium because it's a waste of one of the both main attacks we have. I would suggest to add always promptness > castigatio. If you use it in this way, you will never run out of main attacks and you have no downtimes. always start with hastilidium attack combo, because if the crit buff from the spears runs out, blitz stab makes the 100% crit. In my eyes the perfect attack combos:

always start with celestial spear > hastilidium > promptness > castigatio and as second attack blitz stab > promptness > castigatio. castigatio is SO nice after promptness.

The thing is that if Hastiludium is on CD you will almost be unable to cc someone in 1v1 since they just frontblock or superarmor it all and they don't have to pay attention to other players. Hastiludium seems to get those sneaky back hits that still knock them down. Also for me it feels like Blitzstab is about the fastest if used directly after Hasiludium and they have about the same CD. You can still try to grapple after hastiludium blitzstab and then add castigatio.

Since with your combo you are most likely not hitting all the charge hits of Hastiludium and the stab is 100%crit anyway, you could just follow it up with Blitzstab and then CS + grapple + Promptness + Castigation with the CS-Buff

Posted

What I dislike on 1v1 vs the any grapler class is that they vacum grab you (i.e. even if you see them comming and dash sideways / backwards / move away  they still grab you from your original location cuz of the connection). 

If this get fixed a Valk with good reactions can win a lot of the losing matchups at the moment.

Posted

If you think about it, the shield bug is basically a training tool for turtle valk to actively dodge stuffs and move around instead of sitting behind block and counter chance. But yeah that's not the reason why I picked valk :(

You can't actually turtle against a strong opponent anyway, even if you had an endless shield. Grapple classes just get a free grapple and onecombo kill on you as you are stationary and musa meahwa etc. just rotate around you so fast with cc that one will eventually cc you (since its buggy with backattacks) or you simply die by the backattackdmg.

As we as valk have the worst grapple(high cd, ultra low range) we are forced to move away from every grapple class to begin with anyway and not let them touch us unless they are cc'ed. It's just gambling trying to grapple warriors when they have less cd, more range and ignore resist than we have on our grapple.

It's nice to have block to just negate things like the sorc ball, the berserker shots or witch (w+f) that knock you down or just ranged dmg in general, but thats about it. You can't rely on it against people that jump in your face. It simply gets you killed.

If you don't move you will lose anyway.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

What I dislike on 1v1 vs the any grapler class is that they vacum grab you (i.e. even if you see them comming and dash sideways / backwards / move away  they still grab you from your original location cuz of the connection). 

If this get fixed a Valk with good reactions can win a lot of the losing matchups at the moment.

Desync works both ways; never stop moving, and you'll notice the problem a lot less. 

Edited by StrykNyne