• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Best Way to use my time for money

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello, I'm a returning player, been back for like 4-5 months. I have decent gear but it's not at the point I want it to be, Grinding only averages me around 6-7 mill an hour at Sausans in a 2 man party for the marketplace deals, can never find a spot a pirates to test that out. I've tried fishing for silver but even will the nodes connected I get around 3 mill max if I'm lucky with 25-30 all gold fish, and some relics. Trying afk processing but I can't turn them into crates and trade them since my Trade level is atrocious. Maybe I can get some tips? if anyone would be so kind. If you need anymore information that can help you help me please ask. My goal, is tri bheg's -> Tri the rest of my armor pieces and get better accessories. Currently Playing Musa, might reroll back to my level 57 Berserker as well.

gear help1.png

gear help2.png

gear help3.png

Posted

In general when it comes to lifeskills you are far of to be able to do anything worthwhile its gone take weeks if not like a month to get somewhere decent just afk processing is not gone make you anything until you have a good worker empire so that you can have enough ores and timber flowing in and even then its something you will do when you are asleep.

As for grinding unless you put the effort into finding a spot at pirates you arent going to be making more than you already are, also 6-7mil at sausans in a 2 man party seems very low to me.

Also the best advice I can give is to stick to 1 class until the point at which you have good gear as you will lose a ton of progression rerolling to other classes + classes in general grind faster/better the higher lvl you are.

Posted (edited)

Below are my own thoughts (others might think differently):

You dont need m2 trading to make money off afk processing, assuming you can tend to your computer (either by remote login or because you are in proximity to it during the day such as working from home/studying at home) a few times during the day to empty inventory, restart processing and feed workers beer. Just make sure your process things that m2+ traders use. And oh, this kinda requires value pack, too. And a lot of CP in order to get all the relevant nodes.

During night time afk, you're still probably better of fishing, unless you spent a considerable sum of IRL money to increase weight limit of your toon. During this afk fishing, you also get relics that you can turn into the fragments you're going to need to repair that bheg you want.

You could bump up your sausan silver/h by going solo, but then you need better pets. 10 mil /h is imo not unrealistic at your gear lvl. (Oh, and a wagon too. And maybe a storage maid to remove the silver in your inventory every 20 min.) But even with a wagon, you'll not be able to do more than say an hour a time before everything is full (assuming you pick stuff up since you do this for silver and not xp) and you have to leave your spot to empty inv.

You can also make decent silver with cooking or alchemy, but that requires a bit of brains to set up a working system in order to get you the mats you need, and to figure out at what prices you're comfortable buying what your workers cant get for you. Oh, and a lot of gathering.

To summarize, I'd say that you should take the time and watch a few youtube vids / guides about the different life skills to learn their pro's and cons, in order to find the one most suitable for your IRL schedule and online playstyle. But in order to make any good weekly income, you need to keep your computer on pretty much 24/7, and also remote in every now and then during the work days in order to make sure your working empire is doing what it should be doing. You can't really do any kind of life skill without having a proper worker empire set up, which in turn means you can't do proper life skilling until you've got a decent chuck of contribution points.

Edited by dersten
1 person likes this

Posted

In general when it comes to lifeskills you are far of to be able to do anything worthwhile its gone take weeks if not like a month to get somewhere decent just afk processing is not gone make you anything until you have a good worker empire so that you can have enough ores and timber flowing in and even then its something you will do when you are asleep.

As for grinding unless you put the effort into finding a spot at pirates you arent going to be making more than you already are, also 6-7mil at sausans in a 2 man party seems very low to me.

Also the best advice I can give is to stick to 1 class until the point at which you have good gear as you will lose a ton of progression rerolling to other classes + classes in general grind faster/better the higher lvl you are.

Ah ok, ty for the advice.

Posted

How much do you think you get a day?

Posted (edited)

How much do you think you get a day?

20 mill if im grinding maybe 30 max

Edited by Danyboi

Posted

20 mill if im grinding maybe 30 max

Id suggest doing alch or cooking, atleast until you get your contribution up to like 200

Posted

Below are my own thoughts (others might think differently):

You dont need m2 trading to make money off afk processing, assuming you can tend to your computer (either by remote login or because you are in proximity to it during the day such as working from home/studying at home) a few times during the day to empty inventory, restart processing and feed workers beer. Just make sure your process things that m2+ traders use. And oh, this kinda requires value pack, too. And a lot of CP in order to get all the relevant nodes.

During night time afk, you're still probably better of fishing, unless you spent a considerable sum of IRL money to increase weight limit of your toon. During this afk fishing, you also get relics that you can turn into the fragments you're going to need to repair that bheg you want.

You could bump up your sausan silver/h by going solo, but then you need better pets. 10 mil /h is imo not unrealistic at your gear lvl. (Oh, and a wagon too. And maybe a storage maid to remove the silver in your inventory every 20 min.) But even with a wagon, you'll not be able to do more than say an hour a time before everything is full (assuming you pick stuff up since you do this for silver and not xp) and you have to leave your spot to empty inv.

You can also make decent silver with cooking or alchemy, but that requires a bit of brains to set up a working system in order to get you the mats you need, and to figure out at what prices you're comfortable buying what your workers cant get for you. Oh, and a lot of gathering.

To summarize, I'd say that you should take the time and watch a few youtube vids / guides about the different life skills to learn their pro's and cons, in order to find the one most suitable for your IRL schedule and online play style. But in order to make any good weekly income, you need to keep your computer on pretty much 24/7, and also remote in every now and then during the work days in order to make sure your working empire is doing what it should be doing. You can't really do any kind of life skill without having a proper worker empire set up, which in turn means you can't do proper life skilling until you've got a decent chuck of contribution points.

Thank you, I'll definitely take this advice to mind, ill start grinding more with my active time, Process with my work time and fish with my night time. I'll do some more quest to get some contribution and try setting up a good worker empire in the future

Posted

Honestly just set up the worker nodes for Calpheon, Serendia, Mediah, Balenos timber crates, Brass ingot crates and do active trade rolling. It's been nerfed but only nerfed to a certain limit per day and once you reach the limit, just move on to grinding, gathering and afk fishing at night. Starting the crates is going to net you a ton of money down the line once you do reach Master 2 trading, the fishing over night is 3-6M, grinding with your ap unfortunately is only 6-7M like you mentioned. If you start your crate nodes and crafting now and save them up, it'll be a massive chunk of profit down the line. Also the Master 2 trade won't take that long even with the nerf. Other than crates, you could sell or save the hards and sharps from gathering, selling will give lots of money and saving will making your goals easier. Sorry for the message being all over the place but TLDR: Start the crate node crafting ASAP, move on to fishing every night for afk profit and relics, while in game you should do gathering, RBF daily for the 200 extra energy. If you really have time to invest, use a kamasylvn buff to get increased chances at hards and sharps and sleep in the bed to regen energy over time, repeat. You should get over 100 hards and over 50 sharps, not even being 100% active which is a lot of money and should be enough to sort out your tri gear. 

Posted

Honestly just set up the worker nodes for Calpheon, Serendia, Mediah, Balenos timber crates, Brass ingot crates and do active trade rolling. It's been nerfed but only nerfed to a certain limit per day and once you reach the limit, just move on to grinding, gathering and afk fishing at night. Starting the crates is going to net you a ton of money down the line once you do reach Master 2 trading, the fishing over night is 3-6M, grinding with your ap unfortunately is only 6-7M like you mentioned. If you start your crate nodes and crafting now and save them up, it'll be a massive chunk of profit down the line. Also the Master 2 trade won't take that long even with the nerf. Other than crates, you could sell or save the hards and sharps from gathering, selling will give lots of money and saving will making your goals easier. Sorry for the message being all over the place but TLDR: Start the crate node crafting ASAP, move on to fishing every night for afk profit and relics, while in game you should do gathering, RBF daily for the 200 extra energy. If you really have time to invest, use a kamasylvn buff to get increased chances at hards and sharps and sleep in the bed to regen energy over time, repeat. You should get over 100 hards and over 50 sharps, not even being 100% active which is a lot of money and should be enough to sort out your tri gear. 

Ah ok, ty! forgot about the rbf and over how long of a period of time will i get those 100 hards and 50 sharps? 

Posted

Ah ok, ty! forgot about the rbf and over how long of a period of time will i get those 100 hards and 50 sharps? 

prob 5-10k energy with all magic tools

Posted

ah ok, ty

Posted

I still think that grinding is a best way of progerssion, If you have time restrictions (i myslef can menage more than 1-3h/day). You not only get money (5-15mil/hour depending on your gearscore, class and spot) but you also lvl your character to be more efficient at grinding and better at other late game activities (59-60 lvl is a must for any seriuos pvp).

If you cant play active ... well do as OP say;p

Posted

I still think that grinding is a best way of progerssion, If you have time restrictions (i myslef can menage more than 1-3h/day). You not only get money (5-15mil/hour depending on your gearscore, class and spot) but you also lvl your character to be more efficient at grinding and better at other late game activities (59-60 lvl is a must for any seriuos pvp).

If you cant play active ... well do as OP say;p

o, ty!

Posted

I've done the kamasylven tree buff at least three times, with sleeping in a bed and gathering once I have full energy, producing lucky tools (extremely cheap to do and worth the while, unless you do afk fishing at night, you can use magic fluid collectors which can be gained from handing in the fishing seals when you sell your fishes through imperial trading). I also do use a life stone (yellow tier) but I understand that you might not have that right away so I'd say by the end of a week with no life stone but sleeping in a bed and gathering with lucky tools or magic tools, rinse/repeat, after 7 days (duration of the buff), you should have roughly 90 hards, 40 sharps. But that alone is enough to tri all your gear unless you get unlucky but then again getting unlucky gives you stacks for other areas which in a sense can be lucky down the line.

TLDR: Roughly a week, the duration of the kamasylvn buff. 

Posted

Mine rough stones and and chop logs, then use them to craft Advanced Cooking Utensils. Get yourself an alchemy life stone, some teff bread and a +2 cooking outfit then start cooking things that you have the materials for. You'll find beer and essence of liquor the easiest to make as they only require one non-NPC items. Turn in your byproducts until you have higher CP which you can then invest in nodes and more workshops. 

After all of this, just read the multitude of guides on how best to make AFK silver.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've done the kamasylven tree buff at least three times, with sleeping in a bed and gathering once I have full energy, producing lucky tools (extremely cheap to do and worth the while, unless you do afk fishing at night, you can use magic fluid collectors which can be gained from handing in the fishing seals when you sell your fishes through imperial trading). I also do use a life stone (yellow tier) but I understand that you might not have that right away so I'd say by the end of a week with no life stone but sleeping in a bed and gathering with lucky tools or magic tools, rinse/repeat, after 7 days (duration of the buff), you should have roughly 90 hards, 40 sharps. But that alone is enough to tri all your gear unless you get unlucky but then again getting unlucky gives you stacks for other areas which in a sense can be lucky down the line.
TLDR: Roughly a week, the duration of the kamasylvn buff. 

ah ok, Ty again

Mine rough stones and and chop logs, then use them to craft Advanced Cooking Utensils. Get yourself an alchemy life stone, some teff bread and a +2 cooking outfit then start cooking things that you have the materials for. You'll find beer and essence of liquor the easiest to make as they only require one non-NPC items. Turn in your byproducts until you have higher CP which you can then invest in nodes and more workshops. 

After all of this, just read the multitude of guides on how best to make AFK silver.

ive read one of your guides and they seem very extensive and helpful, ty for the comment

Posted

sorry I'm new, what exactly am I gathering from the nodes you mentioned? 

Would it be all nodes near those towns? 

I just craft brass ingot crates/timber crates with the stuff my workers collect?

this also seems important, what does this all mean sorry.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0