• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Time changes, question remains: Nouver or Kutum?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi. So, i main sorc and since i got both my kzarka and my dandi to tet i'm now trying to get my offhand to tet (already have both the kutum and nouver offhand).

Question is: Which one should i go for tet first? I know that at some point i'll get tet on both my offhands, but i am honestly curious what is better to enchant first. I currently have 2xtri witches and 2xtri mos, and i'll be working on a tri red coral soon enough. Which offhand is better, all around? I don't do much pvp as of now, but i will start to, soon.

So, tet nouver or tet kutum? Thanks!

Posted (edited)

IMO, Tet Nouver for PvP. And Tet Khutum for PvE. 

Edited by Fox_Nix

Posted

Kutum is king for PvE (it has hidden monster damage) so keep that and do what you want with it. Sell your nouver, it's an absolutely horrible offhand for sorcs. Even Jubre is better (+1 special attacks is huge because all your damge in pvp comes from air and down attacks). Sorcs benefit hugely from accuracy so I'm using Helrick in PvP.

Posted

I say personally dont go for Tet on either before you consider getting TRI-TeT RCE's. Thats going to be a much greater upgrade than the meager 3 AP/DP you get from either enhancement

Posted (edited)

For PvE

Kutum > All

For PvP

Damage: Jubre > Nouver

Evasion: Rhik > Rosar > Krea

Anti-Evasion: Helrik

Hybrid: Kutum

Kutum is nice because it has a little of everything and even if you eventually decide to focus on an evasion or glass cannon build for PvP it'll still be BiS for PvE. Nouver is in a really strange spot, on the other hand. The damage loss compared to Jubre is actually pretty substantial, so the only reason to prefer it is for the 150 HP from the extra crystal slot and the 10% all resistance.

Edited by Illyas

Posted

Kutum for PVE, Helrick for PVP

But i would not try to get the offhand to TET before your mainweapons and armor is TET and all your accessoires are TRI. The gain is basically nothing.

And as a sorc, you can pretty much throw away that horrible nouver offhand. Helrick does the job cheaper and much better.

Posted

For PvE

Kutum > All

For PvP

Damage: Jubre > Nouver

Evasion: Rhik > Rosar > Krea

Anti-Evasion: Helrik

Hybrid: Kutum

Kutum is nice because it has a little of everything and even if you eventually decide to focus on an evasion or glass cannon build for PvP it'll still be BiS for PvE. Nouver is in a really strange spot, on the other hand. The damage loss compared to Jubre is actually pretty substantial, so the only reason to prefer it is for the 150 HP from the extra crystal slot and the 10% all resistance.

In what world is Jubre>Nouver in PvP damage? This is very wrong...

Posted

In what world is Jubre>Nouver in PvP damage? This is very wrong...

Jubre has +1 to Special Attack dmg, which can make quite a difference. Ive noticed myself during some damage tests that Jubre can outdamage Nouver , but this was vs weaker mobs using high AP. I dont know if its true in any realistic PvP scenario. We also have to consider that Nouver has a 2nd crystal slot which could be used for +1 crit damage or something similar, if this would be really be stronger than the 5 extra AP of a black spirit crystal.

Thinking about it, the higher damage with Jubre vs mobs could also have been because of capped AP vs weaker mobs, if this was active before the DK awakening patch already... with all those hidden mechanics they make it really hard to test such things...