• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Another night of massive server lag (and no lag on Olvia, so its clearly not people's ISPs, DNS, or other excuses)

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Brutally crushing server lag all night Sunday night/Monday morning, 4/16-4/17, from 11pm to 3am EDT (and probably hours beyond those as well).

Every 15 minutes or so there would be a solid 30-90 second hang of the server. Everyone experiencing it at the same time - except on Olvia!

When the lag would clear, all the abilities I had been trying to use would fire off in order and suddenly mobs explode and die (fortunately I only went places I was safe, or else I would have died during these lags).

I have sent numerous tickets. All I get back is a bunch of time wasting stuff like "change your DNS to google open DNS" (which I've done). Run these various route tests (silly and pointless - if it was routes/DNS, it wouldn't affect everyone, and Olvia wouldn't be lag free).

In a month on Olvia, I never had a single experience with server lag. But the last 2 weeks on the non-Olvia channels have been absolutely brutal.

If the devs would acknowledge this is a known major problem that would at least give some hope that it will get fixed. The continued ignoring of the issue and the ticket responses that give you busy work are just demoralizing.

1 person likes this

Posted

These known reverse proxy channels: B1, S3, S5, C1, C5, M3, M5, VA3, VA5 are mainly the channels having issues with long periods of lag/desync at the moment.

These channels lag constantly with everyone rubberbanding, reloading, and disconnecting. It seems to be getting worse. Just remove or lock the channels until its fixed imo.

Posted (edited)

These known reverse proxy channels: B1, S3, S5, C1, C5, M3, M5, VA3, VA5 are mainly the channels having issues with long periods of lag/desync at the moment.

These channels lag constantly with everyone rubberbanding, reloading, and disconnecting. It seems to be getting worse. Just remove or lock the channels until its fixed imo.

The reason so many people play on these channels (myself included) is that we receive "connection to the server has been lost" every few minutes on the other servers. Ill take lagging once ever couple hours over constantly dcing any day, even if it loses me a point of exp here and there, which it does... alot

Edited by Josh2

Posted

Olivia server is priority however it is still run on the same server, all channels are just 1 big server.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Olivia server is priority however it is still run on the same server, all channels are just 1 big server.

If you think all of the BDO channels are run on one big server. I would actually be hilariously suprised (it's actually a bad thing thing to do this) 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

If you think all of the BDO channels are run on one big server. I would actually be hilariously suprised (it's actually a bad thing thing to do this) 

Would be an odd situation when a single channel crashes, thats for sure.

Posted

um that is how it's done. Multiple instances of virtuals servers run on the same hardware in order to maximize hardware usage. http://www.cio.com/article/2420928/virtualization/how-many-virtual-machines-fit-on-your-server--planning-tips.html

Posted

The lag is as present as before the merge.

Not lag-free, but neither bad enough. Mediocre at most. Its the same for me.

Posted

um that is how it's done. Multiple instances of virtuals servers run on the same hardware in order to maximize hardware usage. http://www.cio.com/article/2420928/virtualization/how-many-virtual-machines-fit-on-your-server--planning-tips.html

That is how it's done in some places, sure.  I mean we have servers and these servers have shards.

But run a tracert to each server and let us know if they are "one" server in the same location..... or search the forums since this has been done already.

Posted

The lag is as present as before the merge.

Not lag-free, but neither bad enough. Mediocre at most. Its the same for me.

This is far from true but I guess it also depends on where you play and which server you hail from.  NA coming from Orwen we've never ever seen lag as bad as its been this week.  Could it be a mass influx of turds coming to BDO sure. But this is consistently bad enough that there needs to be something done about it, even if its just until the crowd dies down (help us all if it doesn't). 

Posted

The NA servers are trash. Multiple threads about it, absolutely nothing done about it. They just want to blame your internet and not take any responsibility. Time to eat crow Kakao.

Posted

The NA servers are trash. Multiple threads about it, absolutely nothing done about it. They just want to blame your internet and not take any responsibility. Time to eat crow Kakao.

*cough* *cough*

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/apr/28/internet-service-providers-charging-premium-access

just saying that this is a possiblity. 'murica, land of digital highway robbery

1 person likes this

Posted

Yea, I don't have any of those shitty ones that throttle.

are you sure? The article is about felonious throttling from servers to ISP, not from your ISP to your end

Posted

Ive been grinding like 2-3hours last night, i didnt experience any lag nor desync at all. So probably depends on where you live and your ISP? 

Im not sure but i have no problem whatsoever.

Posted

Ive been grinding like 2-3hours last night, i didnt experience any lag nor desync at all. So probably depends on where you live and your ISP? 

I'm in California and I didn't have any issues this past week at all.

But I rarely have connection issues here on the West Coast

Posted (edited)

I'm in California and I didn't have any issues this past week at all.

But I rarely have connection issues here on the West Coast

Go to one of the reverse proxy channels.  You will experience lag.  I am on a 1 gig fiber connection with a ping of 20 ms to san jose.  Sitting there trying to say its peoples ISP is hugely ignorant.

Go to a reverse proxy channel.

B1, S3, S5, C1, C5, M3, M5, VA3, VA5 

We have already ruled out it being location and ISP.  Someone in california getting the same lag as someone in Boston, texas, kansas, and aust.  You cant sit there and say its ISP and location when the issue is wide spread and happens all at the same time with people all on different ISP's.  Comon guys.

Also if it was localized and just a few people there wouldn't be multiple threads daily for weeks about the fcking problem.

Edited by Lemonz
1 person likes this

Posted

whats up with you holocaust denying turds? stop whiteknighting for kakaow. stop lying to yourselves. the lag epidemic is real. don't know what you seek to gain by denying it.... 

Posted

Servers in EU are shite as well.

Stop trying to blame the players for this already.

Well i play on EU Server. Playing the game since CBT1 and recently a lot more (3-6+h) because of DK awakening. Never had any issues, not even during prime time last weekend. Guild mates also dont have issues.

So you cant say that the servers are shit the same way i cant say that they are fine. There are way too many possible points of failure between the server and your client. We would have to conduct a large scale test to prove something. But that can reveal itself to be quite difficult to do. It already starts with the test samples itself: direct cable connection to router? Updated network drivers? Optimal network card settings? Optimal router settings? No other applications using the connection running in the background? No other people connected to the router? Full true speed of the connection aviable in other applications and during the tests? And it goes on and on and on.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well i play on EU Server. Playing the game since CBT1 and recently a lot more (3-6+h) because of DK awakening. Never had any issues, not even during prime time last weekend. Guild mates also dont have issues.

So you cant say that the servers are shit the same way i cant say that they are fine. There are way too many possible points of failure between the server and your client. We would have to conduct a large scale test to prove something. But that can reveal itself to be quite difficult to do. It already starts with the test samples itself: direct cable connection to router? Updated network drivers? Optimal network card settings? Optimal router settings? No other applications using the connection running in the background? No other people connected to the router? Full true speed of the connection aviable in other applications and during the tests? And it goes on and on and on.

Please.

It's almost like you copy/pasted a tier 1 response from Kakao support.

Posted

What does Kakao mean? I'll hang up and listen to your answer(s).

Posted

Please.

It's almost like you copy/pasted a tier 1 response from Kakao support.

well, I can only speak from experience. Other than that, i've collected somewhat usable knowledge about networking over the years (which is like sub 1% of the whole networking area). But it's enough to give me an understanding how complicated all this networking stuff is, especially when it comes to game networking. That's why I have a more down to earth opinion about this, but especially because my own experience was good 99% of the time since I started. The only time I really experienced how the server fell down on it's knees was during the anniversary event, when they forced the whole playerbase onto 6 channels. But aside from the connection queue, the fight itself was ok. Boss rarely teleported around, same with other players.

Still a lot better than being an ignorant fool and keep repeating the same "HURR DURR SURVUR IS CREP" from the same people that are spamming it everywhere again and again and again. This is almost literally fake news. Making statements and depicting them as truth without any evidence or data to backup.

Posted (edited)

well, I can only speak from experience. Other than that, i've collected somewhat usable knowledge about networking over the years (which is like sub 1% of the whole networking area). But it's enough to give me an understanding how complicated all this networking stuff is, especially when it comes to game networking. That's why I have a more down to earth opinion about this, but especially because my own experience was good 99% of the time since I started. The only time I really experienced how the server fell down on it's knees was during the anniversary event, when they forced the whole playerbase onto 6 channels. But aside from the connection queue, the fight itself was ok. Boss rarely teleported around, same with other players.

Still a lot better than being an ignorant fool and keep repeating the same "HURR DURR SURVUR IS CREP" from the same people that are spamming it everywhere again and again and again. This is almost literally fake news. Making statements and depicting them as truth without any evidence or data to backup.

Go play on the channels listed above.  Do it tonight.  Go do some world bosses while on them.  Then get back to us.

It's not fake news and there is proof.  

Heres the channels.  Those without issue I want you to play on these today.  I want you to do world bosses on them.  You will 100% experience what we are complaining about.

Edited by Lemonz

Posted (edited)

Go play on the channels listed above.  Do it tonight.  Go do some world bosses while on them.  Then get back to us.

It's not fake news and there is proof.  

Heres the channels.  Those without issue I want you to play on these today.  I want you to do world bosses on them.  You will 100% experience what we are complaining about.

not today because:

2017-04-17_20-57-11.thumb.png.cde362575e

i will do it If something spawns between 20 - 23 CEST tomorrow

Edited by PsiGhost