• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New players

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I dont know this game, And before I buy it I want to know how this system works. Because from experience I know open world PK can ruin your game completely. I play with my wife and our 6 children. That means 8 accounts. We play togethet in weekends and on hollydays because there is school and work. Questing, farming, with family and freind can be great fun, challenging, and in fact good educating in various ways for children and youngsters. This game looks great from what I found so far, in allot of aspects. In previous MMo's we played mmo's with only PVP servers. PK was exploited to how stupid it could be. They killed your healers while you where on a hard boss. You got pk-ed while waiting for a team. High level guilds preventing your guild to level with grind or quests,and gear up " KOS". We encountered several times on quest hot spots. PK guilds demanding large sums of money to let you quest or grind there. Where somethimes just for fun the pk-ed you anyway. I know from high level accounts being sold for real money to people who use them as second account for ganking , grieving and mostly preventing other guild to become stronger. I know from several games that trough this way their guild ruled the whole world map. I think this Karma system doesnt work, is to easy to exploit, and soon or later it will end up in chaos. Besides in long time it ruins the economic system.... Where is the fun in that. Why would I play along with wife and children, and spend that money on a game that gives you more frustration than fun?

Posted

Well, you don't loose anything when PK'ed in BDO, other than maybe your good mood. But basically nothing happens to your character. You can just respawn and run back, takes a minute. You can get PK'ed roughly 3 times, than the opponent is out of karma and can't do much.

There's a system equivalent to KOS in this game, it's called perma war. Smaller or casual PvP/PvX guilds do get bullied by top guilds on rare occasions and has to hide as a result of that. But as a player you can avoid that mechanic all together, by not joining a guild that's open to war declarations. Make a clan, join a protected PvE guild or stay guildless and you're pretty much untouchable. 

However if you and your family wants to do any form of organised endgame PvP like node wars, you have to join a normal guild and deal with potential wars. It's also not very common that big guilds specifically target smaller&casual ones, other than for an hour or so, to push someone out of a grind spot. But war usually ends after that.

You also wont be able to use the war mechanic yourself, if you choose to be in a clan, protected guild or guildless. So if a player decides to ruin your or the family's grind session, you cant do anything to make him leave, out than trying to out-dps him.

Posted

I'm a scrub, so I don't know, but as far as I can tell pking in this game has little to no point.

People get no benefits for PKing, and karma has a -----ton of downsides, so really pking has almost no point outside of tournies or node wars. People could do it, sure, but it just messes them up and has little to no benefit. Other than being a -----, anyway, and getting rid of karma is apparently ultra difficult.

The biggest problem you might have is deciding who gets the gift package benefits, heheh. I wish I had a polar bear. Or someone to get me a gift package.

Posted

There isn't any point in open world PvP in the game. Even if someone is dumb enough to flag and kill you, you lost nothing and he loses everything. Just stay out of guilds and no one can even kos you.

You can even make a different toon to dedicate to professions, keep that one below 50 and you avoid any sort of PvP altogether

Posted (edited)

What other games did you play with your family before? I dont think PKing in BDO will be much of an issue but im not sure how much you gonna enjoy the pve content. The game doesnt offer many challenges in PvE, especially for groups. While there are classes with some group heal and others with Taunt skills, they are rarely needed for grinding. Typically your group will rush from one mob group to another, kill everything within a few seconds and repeat. There are more difficult mobs (difficult as in high HP and damage) but their rewards are not good enough for most people to care.

You might still have fun, i find combat in BDO very enjoyable for example, but your PvE experience will be much different from games like WoW with instances and dungeons and party roles like DD,Tank or Healer.

Edited by Alexiel

Posted

ive played since october 2016. been solo most of the time, got pked fewer times than i can really count. joined a node war guild and still maybe pked a few times. usually by some random pker who just wants to steal a rotation, or i inadvertently started killing mobs in their rotation. that will happen. but again, not nearly as often as i thought. this is one mmo i have actually enjoyed playing due to its diversity of game-play. everyday there is something you can do, whether you want to grind, farm, fish, craft, create, or just watch worldchat and talk with friends while your workers work for you. you can level as slow or as fast as you want. its probably one of the only mmos i would say you could have fun running around with your family. and as for your comment about the killing of your healer while killing hard boss, unless it is a server spawned boss, (which then yea, its a free for all,) you wont have to worry about random pkers killing you on certain scroll bosses. some of those spawn, then the whole party just disappears to others around. kind of lets you run multiple party scrolls in the same location without stepping on others. not all are like that tho. i would say, have each of you try it for the free days and see how it goes. i dont regret my investment.

Posted

I dont know this game, And before I buy it I want to know how this system works. Because from experience I know open world PK can ruin your game completely. I play with my wife and our 6 children. That means 8 accounts. We play togethet in weekends and on hollydays because there is school and work. Questing, farming, with family and freind can be great fun, challenging, and in fact good educating in various ways for children and youngsters. This game looks great from what I found so far, in allot of aspects. In previous MMo's we played mmo's with only PVP servers. PK was exploited to how stupid it could be. They killed your healers while you where on a hard boss. You got pk-ed while waiting for a team. High level guilds preventing your guild to level with grind or quests,and gear up " KOS". We encountered several times on quest hot spots. PK guilds demanding large sums of money to let you quest or grind there. Where somethimes just for fun the pk-ed you anyway. I know from high level accounts being sold for real money to people who use them as second account for ganking , grieving and mostly preventing other guild to become stronger. I know from several games that trough this way their guild ruled the whole world map. I think this Karma system doesnt work, is to easy to exploit, and soon or later it will end up in chaos. Besides in long time it ruins the economic system.... Where is the fun in that. Why would I play along with wife and children, and spend that money on a game that gives you more frustration than fun?

That is really great that you guys are playing games together! I would totally try and recruit the whole family, but currently we don't have room for everyone. I wish you guys the best, and if you do decide to look for a guild, give Soulmates a whisper and see if we do have space, worth a shot. xD

Posted

Yeah, you will from time to time come across people who will outright kill you without even asking you to move if you come to their spot.  Though it's pretty rare.

The good thing is, you know who killed you.  You get their name when you die.  So you can talk to them, tell them you were just looking for a spot.  I would say 8/10 times they're willing to chat and even direct you somewhere that won't cause issues.  Though the other 2/10 times, it's someone who is looking for trouble.  Which is fine too, there are ways to deal with that.

Though if they see 8 people all grinding together there is a good chance they won't cause you trouble lol

Posted

ill always be the dude who types some foul insult at you in gen chat then lava drills into your asshole.

from what i've experienced im one of many kill first, ask questions later players. so do expect BM & PK in popular spots (pirates, sausan etc).

i applaud PK, because this game is all about grind > progress character > PvP so it's important to have it, keeps ya on ya toes.

with you & your fam wanting to group pvp, you are going to run into PK. this is not a great group pve game, there are no raids dungeons, or need for tanks/healers. it's much more dynasty warriors grind. plus the game is ultra sexualised, & the world chat is very much r-18. so it's not a game i would recommend to the whole family lol.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0