• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm going to explore Margoria, tips?

17 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

After much delay, today I will en route to Margoria. I've seen videos and guides for taking NPC boats to Lema Island and then to Port Ratt, I intended to simply ride from Ephera Port to said location, I have a few questions:

1. When I connect nodes to Margoria, I can sell whatever fishes I fish up in Margoria area? I ask this because the whole place is huge, do I have to go to all exploration nodes, meaning, clearing all fog area in my map?

2. Assuming that I can avoid sea monsters, and pirate ships, my ship has only +5 prow and sail, will it have enough energy?

3. How long would it take, approximately from Ephera Port to Port Ratt?

4.  Do I have to do any fighting PvE there? I intended to go with my fishing toon, she has no gears or skills

5. What life tools should I bring? Fluid Collector, Tanning knife, butchering knife, anything else?

Posted

best tip . dont go there

Posted

Hi,

After much delay, today I will en route to Margoria. I've seen videos and guides for taking NPC boats to Lema Island and then to Port Ratt, I intended to simply ride from Ephera Port to said location, I have a few questions:

1. When I connect nodes to Margoria, I can sell whatever fishes I fish up in Margoria area? I ask this because the whole place is huge, do I have to go to all exploration nodes, meaning, clearing all fog area in my map?

2. Assuming that I can avoid sea monsters, and pirate ships, my ship has only +5 prow and sail, will it have enough energy?

4.  Do I have to do any fighting PvE there? I intended to go with my fishing toon, she has no gears or skills

5. What life tools should I bring? Fluid Collector, Tanning knife, butchering knife, anything else?

Not much to explore right now. Too many invisible barriers.:( 

Posted

Aww really? :/ bummer, I really had looked forward to going there today. Should I actually take NPC boat instead, if I still wanna go there?

Posted

Aww really? :/ bummer, I really had looked forward to going there today. Should I actually take NPC boat instead, if I still wanna go there?

I have travelled by the NPC boat. From Olvia to isle Lema and from there to Port Ratt (in Margoria). It is beautiful there and there are interesting isle. There are also some new quests. But the invisible walls are really annoying. 

Posted

Hi,

1. Need a cleared map in the area you are fishing as well as a clear path to the mainland or ratt. It is huge and has a large array of exploration nodes

2. Yes, the Epheria Sailboat has enough to get there with some course corrections to spare. 

3. 40mins + with your listed setup ( guessing )

4. There are no PVE things to fight on land only the sea monsters. 

5. Hoe for underwater gathering. Pots for underwater gather, food etc for more breath. 

Posted (edited)

Ahh thanks, not fluid but hoe, I mixed up, thanks for correcting :) Additional questions:

6. can I transport my char from/too Port Ratt? Thanks

7. How many knowledge can I get from fully exploring margoria? I read patch notes said it's 1 additional knowledge, is it true and is it all i'm gonna get? 

Thanks

Edited by Flameheart

Posted

Man up and go by rowing boat xD

Posted

Garhering hoes, finshing equipment and trade goods if going with your own boat (recommend u get the hull accessories for more dp)

Posted (edited)

Ahh thanks, not fluid but hoe, I mixed up, thanks for correcting :) Additional questions:

6. can I transport my char from/too Port Ratt? Thanks

7. How many knowledge can I get from fully exploring margoria? I read patch notes said it's 1 additional knowledge, is it true and is it all i'm gonna get? 

Thanks

6. The transport function does not currently work for Port Ratt or Valencia 

7. looking.. 1 for Topo and 2 for Magoria Adventure Journal, the sea monster knowledge is there but this apparently is not worth set points. 

Edited by GreenBeanDemon

Posted

-snip-

You should be prepared to spend quite some time there if you intend to complete the questchain along with some other quests + gathering stuff.

If you go there by ferry dont forget to bring a fishing boat license with you (worst case Port Ratt has a daily quest that gives a raft as reward but those are SLOW :) )

Posted

1. Need a cleared map in the area you are fishing

Even if you fish in a cleared area the fish might still be from another node that you haven't yet discovered. At least now you don't have to run back to a trader to see if your fish is from a linked node.

Posted

Tip: Start the shakatu questline as there is some overlap with stuff you will be doing in Margoria.

Posted

Thanks Joker for the tip, I'll do when I can :)

Posted

Hi,

Just take the ferry... there is a handful of quests there, that's about it.

Posted

Man up and go by rowing boat xD

*Raft

Clearly that's what you should use :P. Not the quest one either, but the old regular one :D

Posted

zfiycr5zabfkjvlnxxfe.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0