• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

60 Maehwa vs Valk.

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

Wait aren't you this guy

81dc5d5b9b.jpg

Obviously Skill Carried. 

2 people like this

Posted

This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc.. It is not available in your country.

Shame

Posted

Yeah, it did get copyright struck, unavailable

Posted

Sad video.. even if valk and warrior isnt an easy match for maewha...

Posted

Valk is an ok matchup for us, they cant keep up.

Posted (edited)

Few things off the top of my head

You have no clue how to play the matchup at all (which is normal considering there arent many good valks around to learn the matchup with) BUT you don't seem to learn what catches you and what kills you throughout the entire duel session. No progress. Most of your gameplay just seems to be frantic camera shaking outside of Petal Drill turning to make it look like you're actually doing something.

What tilts me the most is how you keep standing with a full stamina bar in vacuum range, then get caught out by a vac combo and either die or desync a grab and live with 5%. 'There is nothing I can do against that vacuum' is what you said at some point, how about moving around and not being stationary? If you have to regen stamina do it from a safer distance. 

The NA AP Monkey meme is so -----ing real with you its insane. RBF Power Crystals too and all. And you're the guy calling Feeds gear carried? SMH

Edited by CasualNova
3 people like this

Posted

Few things off the top of my head

You have no clue how to play the matchup at all (which is normal considering there arent many good valks around to learn the matchup with) BUT you don't seem to learn what catches you and what kills you throughout the entire duel session. No progress. Most of your gameplay just seems to be frantic camera shaking outside of Petal Drill turning to make it look like you're actually doing something.

What tilts me the most is how you keep standing with a full stamina bar in vacuum range, then get caught out by a vac combo and either die or desync a grab and live with 5%. 'There is nothing I can do against that vacuum' is what you said at some point, how about moving around and not being stationary? If you have to regen stamina do it from a safer distance. 

The NA AP Monkey meme is so -----ing real with you its insane. RBF Power Crystals too and all. And you're the guy calling Feeds gear carried? SMH

as a south american warrior dp hedgehog i find this statement extremely offensive and i'll have to ask you kindly to think of myself who is offended at the thought of any potential NA AP monkey being offended and to self censor

Posted

as a south american warrior dp hedgehog[...]

wat?

Posted

Running 0 accuracy in 2017 jesus christ LMAO. 

Posted (edited)

i kinda agree with casualnova about Asuki  knowledge of matchup while im not as geared as Asuki(lv 60 210ap/263dp)and im not duelling the ones recognized by everyones being the cream of the crops i litterally spent days duelling 1 valks in my guilds educating each other about current matchup,from all the duels i won 70%30% vs a lv 60 dp valks(170awk/315dp) while i was able to slightly overkill him with my combo he could 1 combo me with his long combo if desync is not involved but i'm a laggyman and desync happen even while im not moving but it is not the only weird thing i can see from my end nor from the end of my targets anyway,on the first duels the length of the duels was about 2 min with him being killed mostly  and duels after duels we stay more than 10 min whithout killing each other while maintaining constant pressure,thats the introduction of my knowledge on the matchup(well coming mostly from one source maybe not the best type of knowledge but its useful from a decent source).

From my exp on 1v1 engaging with petal drill is bad not only vs valk but for all matchup even if its only used for gapclosing its better to just dash in and could use another offensive protected  skill trying to setup the cc for petal drill on back atk.

For valkyrie i usually come in with dash and tenacious edge creating inconsistencies with my dashes before using tenacious edge trying to back atk, then doing petal drill+flow   to keep going back atk as  she try to face back me,then  guarding+royal rage the valk's counter followed by sleetstep stigma +petal bloom(guarding and atk purpose) or using  petal bloom (not insta a little bit charged) to block some hit dash on valkyries back and proceed back  with tenacious edge followed by stigma (not cancel one) if i need to gain distance or using sleet step stigma to go on the valk back ,if i feel i will not be cc after tenacious edge but its a very high risk,followed by petal drill+ flow repeat and rinse every combo depending on cd or running back to safety waiting for cds and reingage the same as above with little variation to create inconsistencies.

What you need to be carefull from a valk is  the vacuum,the jump from the sky if you stand still it will go mostly on back atk iframe needed for complete avoidance or dash and guard a little before the landing, one of their dashed thrust atk the hitbox and collision is buggy as hell and can outright back atk the maehwa from the front she can also aim it on your side dashing past the maewha and cc her in the process,you need to be carefull about some range skill too, its usually not a good thing to keep the 100% if the maewha cannot quick stun the target.

Valkyries knowing the maehwa match up will plainly try to back atk the maehwa and the duels become a dashing fight,the valkyries mobility match perfectly(or maybe even greater) the rotation of the protected skills of the maehwa.

As my exp is mainly coming from 1 source take all i said with a grain of salt but i think current matchup is not too far from what ive spoke.

ps:Too much sleetstep in the video,sleetstep  iframe is very good.

Edited by dobe

Posted

Feedz woulda beat that valk.

Posted

Feedz woulda beat that valk.

Fanboy alert. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted

Thanks for inputs. Yeah I figured petal drill initiate was bad, but I was specifically doing to confirm this even more. Good players like Mchands insta grabs me if I use anything other than drill. So its the only engage I have that messes up ur opponents as much as possible within reason. Im still learning and I got experience out of it. I know Im bad but I enjoy learning and this experience :) also a non copyrighted link is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136154786

Posted

Thanks for inputs. Yeah I figured petal drill initiate was bad, but I was specifically doing to confirm this even more. Good players like Mchands insta grabs me if I use anything other than drill. So its the only engage I have that messes up ur opponents as much as possible within reason. Im still learning and I got experience out of it. I know Im bad but I enjoy learning and this experience :) also a non copyrighted link is here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/136154786

But McHands grabs me mid drill :<

Posted (edited)

But McHands grabs me mid drill :<

you never want to use Any petal ability vs grab classes. The desync grabs are real and also they can take advantage of the collision to keep you in place and Insta grab. Always confirm c.c. with TE, Stigma, or RR first.

Fun Fact: if Chase is off cd (iframe is ready ) you can immediately recover from a grab if you attempt to Chase right when they grab you. ;)

Edited by Exitious1

Posted

You can cancel petal drill with a dash,petal drill have a great radius you can aim the skill on the side of your target going past him and doing back atk abuse that to not getting bodyblock and lowering(a little) grab exposure.

Posted

You can cancel petal drill with a dash,petal drill have a great radius you can aim the skill on the side of your target going past him and doing back atk abuse that to not getting bodyblock and lowering(a little) grab exposure.

(shift + LMB) pause for a slight moment (s + a/d)

Posted

This used to be good, but it somehow cancels petal drill into sleet sometimes after the minor maehwa changes (the one where TE got buffed for PvE), not sure if other Maehwas are experiencing the same problems? I used to be able to do this more consistently, but not anymore. Could just be player issue, but I no longer encourage this because of how hard it is to do while moving after this started happening to me...

Posted

This used to be good, but it somehow cancels petal drill into sleet sometimes after the minor maehwa changes (the one where TE got buffed for PvE), not sure if other Maehwas are experiencing the same problems? I used to be able to do this more consistently, but not anymore. Could just be player issue, but I no longer encourage this because of how hard it is to do while moving after this started happening to me...

It still works and its still easy to do.

Posted

it have his use, but i didnt use it in a fight,most of the time i jump from front to the back on someone so its counterproductive for me,when head to head vs a warrior its safer to cancel with iframe dash than this so idk much what to think about.