• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Black Desert will always be a social game without social interactions...?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings to the whole community.

I started this topic of conversation to talk about something that I think we all already know, the lack of "social" content in the Black Desert. First, I understand that we are thousands of people who play Black Desert, and that each of us sees and understands things in an individual, personal and subjective way; I hope this debate is maintained in a healthy way and with the goal of improving Black Desert to become an MMORPG that reaches the top :)

That said, I'll start with my reasoning.
An MMORPG is, above all, a game where "social interaction" must be the first and most important. Online games are characterized by their social content act and the ability to interact to the greatest extent with other players. Black Desert is a game that is lacking in this sense. Our social options are summed up to a fairly limited Trade system, and Chat to talk to other people; There is not much else. My question is, why? I can understand that the Administrators want to have control over the community so that nothing gets messy, but I think they must understand that life is something unpredictable, that it has no limits and that there are as many options as imagination has the human being; And I think an MMORPG like Black Desert should reflect all this.

- If you want to make a boat, your friend can not help you to get materials because you can not give them later, what is the point? A person should be free and able to cut down a tree and then give resources to his friend. You should be able to HELP build that boat so you can have fun with your friend doing something together. But in Black Desert this does not exist, and you have to make a boat yourself ..... There is no social iteration. It is very sad ....... And in the end the groups of friends the only thing they can do together is kill, kill and kill .......... Maybe in Korea that likes a lot, but here kill 5,000 Times to the same enemy, bored and much. Managers must understand that this is not Asia, and they should adapt the game much more to the West and to the Western mindset.

- You can not capture horses to give them to your friends and teach them how to take care of horses and to help them do it.
- You can not marry your partner in the game ...
- A friend of yours can not handle your boat and use it for a while. It seems silly, but it's social interaction, it gives you possibilities, it makes you laugh, it makes you have fun ...
- You can not take your friends on your horse if your horse does not have a difficult skill to find ... All horses should be able to take your friends, it is ridiculous: S You are capping the social content to the game without reason or reason. ..
- You can not give money to a friend who has just started .... For God's sake, let people have fun and do not put so many barriers to the player. In the end you invite a friend to play and you will never be able to help with anything ... the only thing you can do is to be by his side .... You can not even give him a group because you will be hurting the EXP. Finally you feel like abandoning the game ....... Because it seems that all players are your enemies, no one can help you with anything ... If you want to give materials, equipment, money, jewelry, etc., let the players decide , Let users be free and have fun in a group. Friends like to play TOGETHER.
- You can not dance ..... xD God ..., is the first MMORPG where I see that you can lie on the floor, but you can not dance or sit on the floor to rest ........... And there are no musical instruments (There is a guitar with a very sad song ..... and a flute also very sad ... but there are no options for users to make music together, as a group. ArcheAge you see a lot of people laughing and making music in a group, walks around the cities and you breathe happiness.You have fun playing).
- You can not make gifts .... you can not buy a premium appearance to your partner or a friend. You can not send an email with anything, there is no mailbox: S
- There are only horses, there is no variety. You see the whole world with the same horse, in the end you get bored the universe of Black Desert because everything is a mountain NORMAL, a river NORMAL, a horse NORMAL, a desert NORMAL ......... To see a World Normal you can go out to the street, when you play a MMORPG of medieval / magical cut, you want to see a magical World ...... Castles in the air, underwater cities, STRANGE MOUNTAINS ............ (I.e.
- A tree should be able to be felled several times, a stone should be able to be mined several times, an animal should be able to be gutted several times ... Today I was logging for the ship I am building; I used 300 energy and I had to cut about 5 kilometers round because you can only cut a tree once ..... in the end you realize that if we all need wood in the server, there is not enough for everyone, Again all players become your enemies ........... If a single tree could be felled 10-20 times, you would not have to cut 5 square kilometers, you would just need to log 0'5-0 ' 25 square kilometers, so all users of the Server would have materials and you could cut with a friend more easily. After all, a tree does not give you only 4 pieces of wood in real life, a whole tree has a lot of wood, lots of wood. Instead of cutting a tree 1 time every 20 minutes, it would be best to cut a tree 20 times every 12 hours. Let the felled tree disappear and grow again in those 12 hours. (Again, ArcheAge does a great job with this). It all boils down to "making the game more social and encouraging players to HELP".
- Random events on the map, you can get dozens of Guild Wars 2 ideas in this regard; They do it really well in their game. They are random events that are filled with players who are helping to achieve the goal. Everyone is winning, and the most exciting thing is that they are difficult goals to fulfill, so it is important to help yourself.
- The option to reanimate, not revive, to revive a fallen ally (another very good idea of Guild Wars 2). When an ally runs out of blood (HP, Healh Points), a Clan ally, a friend or even a stranger can revive you for a period of time before dying; If it is not achieved in that time, finally you die and you must revive. Everything is always the same, give social options to the player and teach them that helping others is good and fun. Of course you are not going to help your enemy, but not all have to be enemies ..... there are also friends, even if Black Desert does not seem so right now ...

- A person can not do any type of Trade with their friends or even with strangers, the only thing they can exchange are potions and food. It is very limited, again there is no social interaction, people can not interact and help each other. I understand that this is how they try to avoid scams and the exchange of resources and money, but do not realize that this is pissing users off ...? A player wants to be free to choose what to do with his friends.
An example: My friends and I had a Clan here in Black Desert, a Clan of +80 people, we went very far, we were the best Clan Spanish Server and we played every day about 15 hours. We had a lot of fun, but we could never do anything in a group. Now we are playing ArcheAge, and we have been for a whole week building a ship between 5 friends. One was in charge of the metal, another of the wood, another of the cloth, another made the materials and another built them in the boat. We all played and laughed more than the whole time we played Black Desert. Besides the affection that we have to that boat ... you can not even imagine XD. Why? Because that boat has cost us a week of hard work and we have done the five TOGETHER, it is OUR boat and with it we live our adventures. The five of us know that Black Desert is better game (Or better said ... could be a lot better game than ArcheAge), but we had more fun there because we can do things together. Today 6 days ago we went back to Black Desert on the five, to try to build a boat here and see the difference. We have been bored all this time ... we entered Discord to speak just as we did in ArcheAge, but someone is always going to the street, or to play something else, because the five of us are doing the boat, but we really are not together ... ... each one is separated by taking out their own materials, we are alone picking up wood, metal, everything .... but alone, and it is very boring and sad. We have 14 ship designs and a lot of materials, and we surely leave Black Desert again before finishing the boat because it is so, so boring to always be alone ..... The only thing that can be done in a group in Black Desert is KILL. We like to kill, of course, but not ALWAYS, not ALL quests, not 500 Mobs constantly ... We would also like to live adventures, dive into the Black Desert World, do things together, but we can not .... ......

When we left Black Desert a few months ago, our entire Clan dissolved. In these 6 days we have contacted the old members ..... only 7 are still playing Black Desert, the other +60 have gone to other MMORPGs. We have also looked for our friends from other Allied Clans, almost all have left Black Desert, we estimate that 90% of our friends are no longer in Black Desert, they are in other MMORPGs. We know that some are in ArcheAge because we are playing together in a Clan we have created there, but many others are in TERA Rising and others in The Elder Scrolls Online, many others do not know where they are.

We are not children of 15 years, we are all adults between 25-55 years, we understand that making an MMORPG is not easy, but we also see that Black Desert is very beautiful and enter through the eyes, but is not know to understand the Western public. Many times we talk about how it could be Black Desert if we had a Private Server, we talked with our friends and we dreamed about what Black Desert would be like ....... and could really be a unique and precious game ....

You have in your hands possibly the MMORPG with more possibilities of the last 15 years, and they are wasting it ..... Taking out new content is important, of course it is, but it is much more important to have quality content.
I have sent many private emails to the Black Desert EU / NA team, with many, many very detailed ideas, with proposals that we have collected from hundreds of users, it is the voice of its own users who ask for changes, but they are not listening to us .. ...... Such simple changes as for example that the Ninja Awakening needs the Double Jump .... or as we need a Trade system OPEN, but they are not listening .....

These 6 days we have been playing Black Desert, we have seen the game as empty as ever, we have been in Valia_EU1 and Velia_EU2 especially, but we have also reviewed the other Servers, and the game is actually being emptied ... To us Is very sad because we have been in Black Desert since day one, we know that it has many possibilities, and we are watching it die little by little .... Maybe Black Desert is very well in Asia, but it is not in EU / NA, You should know it is no secret. Please ... listen to your users. We will give you our FeedBack whenever you need it, but contact us and tell us. We are here to help.

The list of ideas goes on and on and on. Many ideas are ours, and many others we have seen in other MMORPGs that we have played. It is never wrong to copy something that works well, that shows humility.
We, the users, can help in everything that you need, we are a community, all of us, the users and the Staff, together we are the community of Black Desert Online, and they must understand that we all look for the same thing. If you make a game more fun, we play more and spend more money in Black Desert, and if we have more fun and spend more, you can invest more and make an even better game for us. But the first step you have to give, not us. We are not going to suddenly spend more money, you have to make an investment and show that we care about our opinion.

Hopefully this will be read by some Black Desert Staff members and tell us openly that they want our ideas to improve their game. And hopefully Black Desert will not fall into oblivion little by little as it usually happens in the World of the MMOPRGS .....

I'm right here whenever they want, they just have to send me an email.
And I hope and trust that all the users contribute their grain of sand and help among all. I would like to read in the comments your opinion on all this, and thank you for taking this issue seriously, because we care about all the future of Black Desert.

Greetings and until next time :)

4 people like this

Posted

Firstly, I appreciate the time you took on writing this essay. I get that you have been playing for a while and I see where you are coming from.

Basically the game is not inclusive enough and needs more social interaction. Currently, it rewards solo play and make group play almost non existent. I see many posts regarding this issue and I feel the same way (although I enjoy having activities I can do alone too!).

I think this plea has been heard by the devs however. In their last announcement, here's what they said in regard of social interactions:

◈ More diversified social interactions

More option and depth will be added to the game’s in-game social interactions, with richer options such as dances. PA will introduce newer social features to better integrate the players to the community aspect of BDO.

Source: https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/1531/from-new-character-striker-to-mountable-airships-the-future-of-bdo-showcased-in-oasis-festival

Now, this isn't much, and was announced for Korea and is only in early development, but I think this shows that there is hope.

Also, technically for NA the game is only a year old so I think it will still grow and get better. Keep suggesting interesting ideas and I'm sure something good will come out of it.

On a side note you might want to organize your ideas with bullets and short summaries to make your post look shorter so that people don't get discouraged from reading your wall of text, although I personally found it interesting!

1 person likes this

Posted

I just started playing a week ago, im excelling in the game at an interactive and fun way, but i did found it does have some interactions but not enough, ive been sitting here looking at all the other games i played eq1,wow, eq2, archeage,GW2. i think the most interactive engaging activities from these other games are Raids and World Events, though eq2 is built entirely around PVE Mass Group content this game could use the raid system similar to the one they use no other game has raids like eq2 does and it is probably the best ever created, the guild structure / guild hall system is WAY better with guild rally calls ect. The World events are fun from other games ive played from archeage , Rift , and GW2, maybe converge the differnt systems into one, archeage has the kraken event that is probably the most fun in massive events i have experienced in games. I do like the auto invite system from rift when you go to the events they have, loot distribution is very important and needs to be based on participation, assist+kills+ect give you contribution points much like the current Guild Participation system.I know this game is still newer than many of the other games but they can still learn alot from them, they have been successful for a reason i read the forums and find many people just can never be happy with anything, but its about having something for everyone to be successful and topple the market.

Posted (edited)

Just skimming over your book there, I see you mention trading between players as one of the main fall backs of social interaction.  I'm personally glad there is no in game trading allowed as it puts a massive damper on gold selling and real money trading, which this game absolutely does not need.

Skimming through a little more I see you are under the misconception you can not gift your friends items like premium costume sets, you can however.

You mention building a boat in Archeage with your friends, you realize you can do the same thing in Black Desert as well correct?  Building a guild boat is a group function, same as getting elephants and crafting their gear.

Just introduced to NA and EU today are more guild quests to gain guild elephants and galley's, another social interaction.

I do however agree that perhaps we should get a few more chops on trees, that said I understand that most functions in the game such as gathering are supposed to take time.   This game is a marathon not a sprint, it's meant to be played over time and items and materials gained just the same way.

Edited by flukeSG2

Posted

Sólo deslizándose sobre su libro allí, veo que mencionas el comercio entre los jugadores como uno de los principales respaldos de la caída de la interacción social. Personalmente estoy contento de que no hay juego en el comercio de mascotas, ya que pone un freno enorme en la venta del oro y el dinero real, que este juego absolutamente no necesita.

Hojeando un poco más veo que está bajo la idea errónea de que no puede regalo a sus amigos artículos como conjuntos de disfraces de primera calidad, sin embargo se puede.

Usted menciona la construcción de un barco en Archeage con tus amigos, te das cuenta de que puede hacer lo mismo en el Desierto Negro, así correcto? La construcción de un barco de alianza es una función de grupo, mismo que recibir los elefantes y la elaboración de su equipo.

Acaba de presentar a NA y en la actualidad la UE son más misiones del gremio para obtener los elefantes de gremio y la cocina del otro, la interacción social.

Sin embargo estoy de acuerdo en que tal vez deberíamos tener un poco más de chuletas en los árboles, que decía que yo entiendo que la mayoría de las funciones en el juego, tales como la recolección se supone que llevará tiempo. Este juego es una maratón no una carrera de velocidad, que está destinado a ser jugado con el tiempo y los elementos y materiales obtenidos de la misma manera.

Glad to see opinions :)

Hello FlukeSG2, I have been reading your post but I do not see those social functions and that freedom that needs an MMORPG. For example the subject of the exchange of pets. Who cares who has the money, the only thing that matters is the amount of money, right?

John can get 50,000 silvers, or he can get 50,000 silvers and give 25,000 silvers to his friend Jimmy. It does not matter? I think a user should be able to choose and decide what to do with their stuff. I do not think it matters if a person buys pets for real money and sells them for play money, that's not a problem if done well. A pet costs about 5 million in the market, it would only have to put a limit of articles sold every month, thus it would be impossible to take profitability. For example, only 3 items Premiun every month. Do you want to sell 3 pets per month? Okay ... do it, 15 million a month is not money in this game, you're not going to alter the natural course at all. It does not compensate anyone spend € 33 a month to get 15 million in the game because it is a ridiculous figure.
I think the solution when there is a problem, is not "eliminate" the freedom of players, but create mechanics so that people do not take advantage of it.
To eliminate the system of free trade, is to eliminate an important social interaction and to eliminate the freedom of the players. Adding a limit of Premium objects to the month is to solve the problem without eliminating the freedom of the players.

Another thing is the premium costumes, maybe I have expressed badly, I was referring to the best armor in the game. I should be free to make a "[PEN] Ultimate Grunil Armor" (for example), and give it away or sell it to my friends, my Clanmates or even strangers. It's my armor, I created it, I suffered to make it, and I should be free to do with it whatever I wanted. What does it matter if I have the gift or the gift? It does not matter at all .... What does it matter if John sells a "[PEN] Ultimate Grunil Armor" for real money? This is how the World works, right? What does it matter if John sells a "[PEN] Ultimate Grunil Armor" for money in the game? It does not matter if Jhon has 20 million and a "[PEN] Ultimate Grunil Armor" and Jimmy has 20 million, or if John is 40 million and Jimmy has a "[PEN] Ultimate Grunil Armor" and 0 million. You do not change the natural course of anything, the only thing you have done is to change the money by hand, that's it. People should be able to be free and do what they want with their things.

Regarding the ship, it is not the same. In ArcheAge my friend and I can go together, plant trees together, plant cotton together, cut down the trees we have planted together, pick up the cotton together, mine together, we can exchange materials freely, I can give him all the wood, he can Give me all the iron, we can do the manufacturing process together, and we can finish the boat together. After only one can take the boat, of course, but we can both use it. If I do not protect my boat he can use it and take it if he wants xD From beginning to end it is a JOINT experience, and he feels very different from Black Desert. At ArcheAge we are free to decide what we do and with whom we do it, we can do everything from level 1 and without even adding to the contact list. We just go to the same place and work and have fun together.
In Black Desert you are forced to join a Clan, only some very concrete materials can be added to the Clan bank and the construction is automatic through NPCs ........ From beginning to end all you do is get Materials in solitude and take them to the same place where others lead, but there is no interaction between players at any point in the process ...... It is very boring.

I understand everything you say, I respect of course, but I do not think the same, P
I think that a game like Black Desert, with that graphic quality and with that combat system, can not be so sad in everything else. There are many small things that make a game more social, for example:
- Be able to take people in your horse-drawn carriage. To go all together to do something. Get to the place, get off the car and start working together, cut together, mine together, etc. Then make things together, exchange objects to organize, etc. Everything feels much more fluid and realistic, as well as fun and organic.
- Be able to take a friend, who just started the game, on your horse. Why take a friend on your horse must be something so difficult to find? Can not any horse on this planet carry two people .....? So why so much trouble, why so many barriers ...? I do not get it...

- Help a friend to get equipment. It is impossible to help a friend with this: S
Maybe my friend needs some earrings from Witch, and I already have them, I can not go with him and help him .... Because if I fall to me, he will lose them. I should be able to help him and give him that earring if I fall for him. Yes, there is the option of the backpack in the group, but why can not I go at night to get one for later give it to him? It does not make sense .... I should be able to do what I wanted with my things, but the most I can do is throw them to the ground to break them. LOL! It does not make sense xD
- Why can not I give a horse to my friend? It's mine, is not it? xD
- Why can not a friend load his things in my car and I help him carry them? Again it's absurd, it's my car and it's his stuff, I'm his friend and I want to help him, WHY CAN NOT I DECIDE WHAT I WANT TO DO ?! XD

The list is endless ... and all of them could be done with mechanisms so that nobody takes advantage of it. What I do not understand is why so much new content comes out and these things are not solved .....

* New update: Mediah. Okay, what can you do? Same as always, kill, kill, kill and kill. New equipment, new jewelry. You can grind until you drop your fingers to the floor :)
* New update: Valencia. Okay, what can you do? Same as always, kill, kill, kill and kill. New equipment, new jewelry. You can grind until you drop your fingers to the ground :) Yes, you have to bring water and anise tea, you can not click on the map, and what else? It's also nothing special .........
* New update: Margoria. Okay, what can you do? Same as always, kill, kill, kill and kill. New equipment, new jewelry. You can grind until you drop your fingers to the ground :) Yes, there are three Bosses in the water, but they are all the same ... same as all the Black Desert Bosses. They do not have any difficulty, they do not have any mechanics, they do not have to do anything special, just to approach and to strike. Same as Network Nose, just like Kzarka, just like all the others ......
* New update: Kamasylva. Okay, what can you do? Same as always, kill, kill, kill and kill. New equipment, new jewelry. You can grind until you drop your fingers to the ground :) There is a Pegasus planning ...... that's all. WAU .................... It's been 15 years since the flying mounts were invented in the MMORPG. What's so special about this? : S

Not everything in Black Desert is bad, of course, but this Post is not to talk about the good things about Black Desert, it's to talk about the lack of social content. And it would be nice to have some ........ I feel pity to see a game with potential, but that does nothing to be special and innovative.

I will continue reading your opinions, I am very interested :)

2 people like this

Posted

I'm going to respectfully disagree with everything you said, simply because 1.  I did not read your second book in it's entirety.  2.  Your suggestions mean BDO would become Pay to Win and I do not want this game to be like Archeage in any way.  So I suggest you stay there, enjoy the pay to win and apparently the same social interactions BDO offers, minus a dance emoji.

Posted

I do not see that it is P2W .... Because although you can buy equipment, another person has had to obtain that equipment sweating and with hard work. It does not matter if the team has that person who has worked hard or if later sell that equipment to another person. For my opinion it is not P2W because there is always a limit, because there must always be people playing hard to get those equipment. It would be P2W if that team "[PEN] Ultimate Grunil Armor" was in the Cash Shop, then it would be P2W.

Still, suppose it is true and you are right, what is the solution to this? Eliminate all social interactions and create a MMORPG where you can not do anything with your friends, except kill? A social game without social content where everyone who passes by your side is your enemy because it can steal your resources, even your friends and Clan partners ...?

P.S:
Sorry if sometimes it seems that I am angry, it is not, it is because I do not speak English and I find it difficult to express myself xD

3 people like this

Posted

You have to understand without some other function, there would be nothing to stop gold sellers.  You understand how that works right?  Someone more than likely using a bot goes fishing and racks up millions of silver, that person then goes to another website and advertises, or advertises in game that for $9.99 you can buy XXX million silver.  The same thing would then be done with gear.  For only $100 you can buy my TET Muskan Boots and on and on.  Sure you'd like to trade with your friends, but what is preventing others from doing exactly what I just described if trading is allowed in game on any level?

Also, as I explained, the social functions you described doing in Archeage you literally can do here.  Want to build a boat with your friends?  You can.  Other than that, the social situation is what you make of it, just like real life.  Join an active guild, do things together.  I'm not sure what else can be said, life is what you make of it, same with BDO.

Posted

Usted tiene que entender, sin alguna otra función, no habría nada que impida a los vendedores de oro. A entender cómo funciona ¿verdad? Alguien más que probable que el uso de un robot va a pescar y bastidores hasta millones de plata, esa persona luego pasa a otra página web y anuncia, o anuncia en juego que por $ 9.99 usted puede comprar XXX millones de plata. Lo mismo sería entonces hacerse con engranajes. Por sólo $ 100 usted puede comprar mi TET Muskan Botas y así sucesivamente. Seguro desea comerciar con sus amigos, pero lo que está impidiendo que otras personas haciendo exactamente lo que acabo de describir si se permite el comercio en juego en cualquier nivel?

Además, como ya he explicado, las funciones sociales que describen haciendo en Archeage literalmente puede hacer aquí. Quiere construir un barco con sus amigos? Usted puede. Aparte de eso, la situación social es lo que hacemos de ella, como en la vida real. Unirse a un clan activo, hacer cosas juntos. No estoy seguro de qué más se puede decir, la vida es lo que hacemos de ella, lo mismo con BDO.

That is already done now in the Black Desert ....... It does not matter that there is no open system and free of Commerce, many websites sell items and millions of silver in exchange for real money. They are not impeding anything, the only thing they are getting is to annoy the players. If I want a "[PEN] Muzkan's Boots", I can buy them right now, I pay € 100, they generate money with my account, then they put "[PEN] Muzkan's Boots" on sale at dawn and they buy it with the money they have Generated in my account. It is no secret that this market currently exists in Black Desert. As I say, they are not impeding anything, the only thing they are doing is eliminating the freedom of the players.

And I insist, I can not make a boat with your friend .... it's IMPOSSIBLE. How can I make an Epheria Sailboat with my friend? Explain it to me because I do not know how to do it .........

3 people like this

Posted

That is not real money trading, that is you giving your account to someone and letting them do something you could do yourself.  You are paying them to work for you.  It's not trading at all.  You also take a huge risk in doing that, I also believe it's against terms of service.  So any website selling items is being fraudulent.

I said you can build a guild boat, not an Epheria sailboat.  You are nitpicking now.  I've given examples of the social interaction you asked for and you are finding it unacceptable.  Simple fact of the matter is, you only desire player to player trading.  I've explained to you why it's beneficial not to allow that.  Of course there would be many upsides to trading with friends, but overall you would ruin the economy of the game by allowing it and letting the actual gold sellers in, because there would be no effective way to police them.

If you don't like these facts, maybe this isn't the game for you.

Posted (edited)

I do not see that it is P2W .... Because although you can buy equipment, another person has had to obtain that equipment sweating and with hard work. It does not matter if the team has that person who has worked hard or if later sell that equipment to another person. For my opinion it is not P2W because there is always a limit, because there must always be people playing hard to get those equipment. It would be P2W if that team "[PEN] Ultimate Grunil Armor" was in the Cash Shop, then it would be P2W.

Still, suppose it is true and you are right, what is the solution to this? Eliminate all social interactions and create a MMORPG where you can not do anything with your friends, except kill? A social game without social content where everyone who passes by your side is your enemy because it can steal your resources, even your friends and Clan partners ...?

Sorry for butting in with you and @flukeSG2 but just wanted to give my own input here. 

1: It is p2w. Because YOU didn't do anything except spend rl money to get the gear. You wiped your credit card, you bought the gear. Simple as that. If it's directly from a player or directly from the cash shop doesn't matter, as long as all you had to do to get it was wipe your credit card. 

2: Social interactions can be soooo much more than trading. Emotes for example (example: a couple of dances), stone paper scissors (or basically ANY mini-game. Card games for example exist in the game between npc's, so why not let players try a few of those as well?), cooking competition in-game (Idk, something like "make the best looking dish" and then ppl got to compete with their friends on one friend's house?), marriage system (will likely NEVER happen, still an example of social interaction I guess :P), shared housing with a friend or guild member etc etc. The list goes on. You see where I'm getting at? You can have a lot of social interactions without allowing for RMT (real money trade) and botters to get into the game (which they inevitably will if you allow trading, sadly :(. I get where you're coming from but I think that trading would do more harm than good to black desert online). 

3: How to solve this? Ez. Shared loot between party members. Not just that you can roll on the stuff that goes to special deals but that you can trade items obtained freely for a short period after they've been obtained within the party. So if I get a blackstone or a scarla necklace for example, I could give it to my friend for maybe 30-60 minutes after picking it up (presuming the friend was in the party and near me when the mob died). 

But what do I know ^^ I'm just a tired traveler. 

Take care 

Edited by aidlac
1 person likes this

Posted

100% of Black Desert is summed up in "GRIND"; Is the only thing that makes you level up and the only thing that serves to make PvP. You can ignore everything else: you do not need points of energy, you do not need contribution points, you do not need money, you do not need anything ... you can skip all that and kill and kill to get everything; That's what the game is about and that's what you can do with other people. No content EndGame (Bosses have no mechanics, there are multi-storey dungeons where you can spend several days playing until you reach the end, whaling has no mechanics, the desert has no mechanics ... it boils down to two " Potions "of water and anise and not being able to use the map ........... there is nothing in the EndGame) and reach the content EndGame is about a 24 hour cycle. I uploaded my Level 1 Ninja to level 57 in less than 24 hours, I took out all TET equipment and TRI jewelry in just 2 months, and what am I supposed to do now? I can not do absolutely anything with my friends because all the content of the game is for "individual use".

I've asked how to make an Epheria SailBoat with my friends and the answer is more than obvious, "you can not". I can not even build a boat with friends .... I can not even give 400 "Log" to a friend to help him with his boat, to take him with me on my mount I must be riding a horse for 2 months hoping to get one Skill random "randomly", and if I want to train my horse I must pay real money, is it a joke ...? If I have the Kzarka weapon and I want to help my friend get it, I can go 50 times to Kzarka and if I fall I can not give it to him ... it's ridiculous. I can not change a Worker or a horse with my friend, for that we have to do "juggling" in the market as if we were doing something bad, hidden from other players so that they do not buy it.

What am I supposed to do, what are we supposed to do? Spending hours and hours glued to the screen killing, killing, killing and killing? Is that all you can do in a SOCIAL and ONLINE game of the year 2,017? Wau ...... It seems that the MMORPG market has gone backwards rather than forward.

And please .... do not tell me to do missions (they are not good for anything), contribution points do not serve me ..... Why do I want them, to buy houses and connect everyone? I get more money, much more money, killing and selling objects and jewelry than connecting all the map nodes .....
Nor do I use the energy points because I will not spend them cutting, mining or looking at Black Market, because once again I take more money, much more, killing and selling items and jewelry.
What am I supposed to do, PvP? PvP pitiful .... the game runs me to 60 stable FPS and every 2 seconds users suffer lag on the screen, when you enter PvP faults 50% of hits, stuns, etc. because the enemy's body and the HitBox are not in the same place ....... Not to mention the imbalance in the classes ... Here all classes have Dash, even those that should not have them. There are times when I can pursue a Valkyrie or a Berserker infinitely; I'm supposed to be Ninja, should not I be faster and faster than a Valkyrie and a Berserker, so why do not I catch up with them or use all my skills? And why a level 60 can kill without problems on a level 55 even if they have the same equipment? Only for the happy Accurary ..... They are only 5 levels, for God ....... When a player reaches level 90 will give a button and explode the entire Server or how scaling this game (I.e.

The game has 20,000 problems, and every time I see a Post in the forum of people who report these problems, I always see personan saying that everything works perfect. Are we really playing all Black Desert, or is it half that are blind and settle for anything? : S

1 person likes this

Posted

Theres 1 feature that people can do join interaction. Guild ships and I believe the guild fort. 

If they dont do anything about this lack of actual personal interaction, when the next big thing hits (CoE, AoC, D&L, etc.) the BDO community as a whole will take a massive hit. 

Literally the only thing aside for what I stated that more than 1 player can interact with others is via killing mobs.

This, experience of someone whos been playing for 2 years.

1 person likes this

Posted

Theres 1 feature that people can do join interaction. Guild ships and I believe the guild fort. 

If they dont do anything about this lack of actual personal interaction, when the next big thing hits (CoE, AoC, D&L, etc.) the BDO community as a whole will take a massive hit. 

Literally the only thing aside for what I stated that more than 1 player can interact with others is via killing mobs.

This, experience of someone whos been playing for 2 years.

I'm with you ... I've been playing since the first Alpha in Korea, and since then I have not stopped. Black Desert is anything but a social MMORPG, and if it does not help, games like Ashes of Creation or Chronicles of Elyria, which are still in the Pre-Alpha phase, are going to kill Black Desert Online ...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I kinda skimmed through the original post. It would be cool to be able to marry a partner in the game and be able to freely trade with that person. You can get a divorce at anytime but there will be a 6 month waiting period for the divorce to get finalized so nobody can exploit this feature.

Edited by skip

Posted

It sounds like it's time for you to move on to another game and stop complaining in the forum, it's going to get you no where.  Black Desert is what you make of it, if you can't seem to figure out how to have social interactions with others, I can't help you. 

One thing, I find it hard to believe that you have full TET boss gear and full TRI accessories inside 2 months without using the best source of income in the game which requires contribution points and energy.

Posted

Suena como es el momento para que usted pueda pasar a otro juego y dejar de quejarse en el foro, que va a llegar a ninguna parte. Desierto negro es lo que hacemos de ella, si parece que no puede encontrar la manera de tener interacciones sociales con otros, yo no puedo ayudarle. 

Una cosa, me resulta difícil creer que usted tiene plena marcha jefe TET y los accesorios completos del TRI dentro de 2 meses sin necesidad de utilizar la mejor fuente de ingresos en el juego que requiere puntos de contribución y energía.

I've been playing Black Desert since the first Alpha came out in Korea ... for about three years. There are plenty of ways to get money fast, where to farm, etc ...
I was also in charge of giving European FeedBack to Black Desert before arriving in EU / NA, and things like "double saddle horse", "ability to swim and dive" or "A system of Trade" (Although it is more basic than Which we asked for) exist today in the game because this FeedBack came to Kakao Games and they liked it.

The game can get better. If I can improve I will not shut up and go to another game; I can be here and denounce what I see. I can not be a conformist person who conforms to a grain of rice, so I am here now with this Post.

Posted

I've been playing Black Desert since the first Alpha came out in Korea ... for about three years. There are plenty of ways to get money fast, where to farm, etc ...I was also in charge of giving European FeedBack to Black Desert before arriving in EU / NA, and things like "double saddle horse", "ability to swim and dive" or "A system of Trade" (Although it is more basic than Which we asked for) exist today in the game because this FeedBack came to Kakao Games and they liked it.

The game can get better. If I can improve I will not shut up and go to another game; I can be here and denounce what I see. I can not be a conformist person who conforms to a grain of rice, so I am here now with this Post.

First, there is no place in NA servers that in 2 months by yourself you can get full TET boss gear, I don't care how lucky you are or where you farm, unless you are cheating it's simply not going to happen.

Second, what you are suggesting is not an improvement to the game but a way to quickly destroy it.

Posted

As far as social interactions go, I'd kill to have guildies in a party be able to help me harvest wood during my 1+ hour gathering sessions trying to harvest logs for boats :|

I'd prefer any system that allowed sharing of actively gathered resources, meaning friends can help lessen a workload but can't simply give you stuff outright.

I would also think it would be hard to turn something like this suggestion into a P2W scheme, as whatever seller would likely have to use bots to keep up with demand, and if a bot gets caught, Kaokao could simply ban anyone that partied with it for gathering, wiping out swaths of illegitimate players.

That being said, nothings foolproof.

I'm more than against allowing Player2Player trade as it's the golden gateway to P2W, but I'd really like to be able to help gather or do other activities outside of just grinding w/ my friend set as PL w/ all loot to PL.

TL:DR Gathering options for Parties somewhat like loot.

Posted

En primer lugar, no hay lugar en los servidores de NA que en 2 meses por sí mismo que puede conseguir un equipo completo jefe TET, no me importa lo afortunado que eres o dónde granja, a menos que usted está haciendo trampa, simplemente no va a suceder.

En segundo lugar, lo que está sugiriendo no es una mejora en el juego, sino una manera de destruir rápidamente.

Maybe you do not know how to do it ... but we do not all have the same knowledge of the game, nor do we play the same hours, nor do we have the same luck ...

And all the MMORPGs I know have a 1000 times more open exchange system than Black Desert, and all those MMORPGs have more users playing. I also add that none of them P2W, the people who pay will have more facility to get things, but people who do not pay can get everything equally effortlessly; But Black Desert is already at that point, should we call it P2W then?

* In Black Desert the person who pays money monthly (same as a subscription) has +16 inventory holes and +16 storage holes; This is a fairly important improvement in this game, + 30% of money in the transactions in the auction house, which is another really important improvement in this game, 10% more experience in all areas of the game, another remarkable improvement , Especially at high levels and those who pay have +100 weight in inventory, something also notorious.
* In addition, those who pay can modify the skills of their horses at will, which makes breeding faster and increases their sales.
* Those who pay can repair their expensive equipment with incredible ease, which seems to me somewhat brazen by Kakao Games ...
* Those who pay have a lot more weight and inventory gaps, something to keep in mind.
* Paying people can restart their skills infinitely and easily.
* They may also have more gaps for characters, which increases their energy points extraordinarily easy.
* You can also buy as many slots as you want in each city, and also the slots for stables. Even the slots for workers.
* Paying people can buy clothes that increase their statistics permanently and without penalty. Things as crazy as swimming 200% faster.
* They can also buy furniture to make their home number one in a city and make it very easy to incredible amounts of money daily.
* They can even buy pets that will pick up your items instantly, making you not spend time on it and can dedicate it to take without pause. It is incredible the extra experience gained with this, since 100% of the time is dedicated to leveo.
* In addition to all this, you can also sell the Prmium items in the Cash Shop, giving you all the extra silver coins you need in the game, and with 100% of the profits thanks to the Value Pack.

And even more. You make the sum of everything. The person who pays each month in Black Desert, or whenever you feel like it, has a very simple and comfortable life regarding any area of the game. Is not Black Desert a Pay To Win NOW? Because seeing all this ... I would say yes ¬¬'

Posted

Maybe you do not know how to do it ... but we do not all have the same knowledge of the game, nor do we play the same hours, nor do we have the same luck ...

And all the MMORPGs I know have a 1000 times more open exchange system than Black Desert, and all those MMORPGs have more users playing. I also add that none of them P2W, the people who pay will have more facility to get things, but people who do not pay can get everything equally effortlessly; But Black Desert is already at that point, should we call it P2W then?

* In Black Desert the person who pays money monthly (same as a subscription) has +16 inventory holes and +16 storage holes; This is a fairly important improvement in this game, + 30% of money in the transactions in the auction house, which is another really important improvement in this game, 10% more experience in all areas of the game, another remarkable improvement , Especially at high levels and those who pay have +100 weight in inventory, something also notorious.
* In addition, those who pay can modify the skills of their horses at will, which makes breeding faster and increases their sales.
* Those who pay can repair their expensive equipment with incredible ease, which seems to me somewhat brazen by Kakao Games ...
* Those who pay have a lot more weight and inventory gaps, something to keep in mind.
* They may also have more gaps for characters, which increases their energy points extraordinarily easy.
* You can also buy as many slots as you want in each city, and also the slots for stables. Even the slots for workers.
* Paying people can buy clothes that increase their statistics permanently and without penalty. Things as crazy as swimming 200% faster.
* They can also buy furniture to make their home number one in a city and make it very easy to incredible amounts of money daily.
* They can even buy pets that will pick up your items instantly, making you not spend time on it and can dedicate it to take without pause. It is incredible the extra experience gained with this, since 100% of the time is dedicated to leveo.
* In addition to all this, you can also sell the Prmium items in the Cash Shop, giving you all the extra silver coins you need in the game, and with 100% of the profits thanks to the Value Pack.

And even more. You make the sum of everything. The person who pays each month in Black Desert, or whenever you feel like it, has a very simple and comfortable life regarding any area of the game. Is not Black Desert a Pay To Win NOW? Because seeing all this ... I would say yes ¬¬'

And you would be wrong.  You can only list 5 premium pearl items per week and at most you make 150m a week.  That is not paying to win at all.  All the things you listed for the value pack are more along the lines of "pay to convenience"  because none of them are a necessity, just nice to have.

You obviously have no idea what pay to win means.  You said you play Archeage, you also say "all the MMORPGs I know" and "I also add that none of them P2W" in the same paragraph, that right there illustrates you have no clue what you are talking about.

Last reply, since you don't know what you are talking about and just making stuff up at this point, I have no problem making or having social interactions with other players in this game.  Having a dance emoji =/= social interaction.

Posted

• It's not 30% of the transaction, it's 30% of the tax, This has already been long debunked
  • Anyone who does any activities that give you relics and also repair equipment relatively easily with memfrags, and longtime players can just dump loyalty into artisans
  • You can also use loyalty to lessen that inventory/weight gap
  • Use memfrags to reset your skills, see point 1
  • Energy Points come from Knowledge, meaning you have to be an avid player to have a large pool of energy, (or a lot of characters for night-vendor)
  • Do some quests, get some contribution, bam slots
  • Normal Costumes can be bought in the market
  • Having your home #1 doesn't guarantee massive return from investing your gold
  • Pets can also be bought through the market
  • Read point #1

I see a bunch of poor or false arguments. By no means are mine perfect but with some effort or gameplay you can be on par with any "P2W" player who happens to have disposable income.

1 person likes this

Posted

And you would be wrong.  You can only list 5 premium pearl items per week and at most you make 150m a week.  That is not paying to win at all.  All the things you listed for the value pack are more along the lines of "pay to convenience"  because none of them are a necessity, just nice to have.

You obviously have no idea what pay to win means.  You said you play Archeage, you also say "all the MMORPGs I know" and "I also add that none of them P2W" in the same paragraph, that right there illustrates you have no clue what you are talking about.

Last reply, since you don't know what you are talking about and just making stuff up at this point, I have no problem making or having social interactions with other players in this game.  Having a dance emoji =/= social interaction.

I do not know anything about Black Desert ...? I have a PJ level 61 in Europe, I have almost a damn trillion and a half silver coins, I have Full TET equipment, TRI jewelry and gun, secondary weapon to PEN and awakening in TET, I have +250 AP and practically 300 DP. I have been playing this game 3 years or more and I think I know everything that is necessary to know.

I do not know you at all, so I'm not who to judge you, but if you're unable to reach my level and team at the same time as me, it's neither my fault nor my problem, and I do not have to tolerate it Frustration that camouflages your incompetence.

Black Desert is an MMORPG (ie, a SOCIAL and MASSIVE game) that has absolutely NO social interaction beyond sharing potions and meals with your friends ..... Being part of a Clan is not something social because you can not do NOTHING with your Clan, the only things you can do in a group with them are KILL MOBS and KILL PLAYERS, Is that social interaction? Do not make me laugh please ......... Power to supply materials for the construction of four nonsense, it is not a social interaction, because you must obtain those materials in SOLITARY; Then all you do is deposit them. Is whale hunting social? Please ......... there goes anybody and all he does is spame a key until the whale dies to later be able to steal his materials; But once again, all this is done INDIVIDUAL, there is no cooperation at all.

You are giving poor excuses for everything I say with the sole purpose of defending Black Desert ... Maybe Black Desert is giving you money or is you feeding it every day? So why come so much iron defense for something that is so obvious and logical? Black Desert is a social game WITHOUT SOCIAL INTERACTIONS. Whether you like it or not, it's reality, and you can kick it as much as you like ...

I have started this Post in a friendly way to know the opinions of others, and from minute one you are trying to change my mind and accept yours as the only valid one. He does not stop attacking me and even insulting my intelligence or my abilities as a player. Who do you think you are? For almost 30 years in the video game industry, I have been a professional player of Dota 2, League of Legends, Counter Strike, World of Warcraft, Warcraft III, Starcraft and so many other games; I think I know enough about video games and the video game industry, so that you come to tell me crap because you can not accept the reality of the game you like ....

Black Desert is an MMORPG that I like, but it's still objectionable, and MUCH. He has a lot to improve and change if he aspires to stay on the cover for more than two or three years, and you keep telling me to accept that Black Desert is a mediocre game and that it's okay ... Allow me to tell you not to Has no enterprising attitude or the attitude of a player who loves video games, you are a conformist person who complies with what they give and does not demand anything more. The World is full of people like you .... So yes, please do not answer again because this is not going to become a personal fight .....

Posted (edited)

Simple solution to what everyone is talking about here i had also shared this idea in another forum about sharing items with friend.  

Guild Exchange
They should make a "Guild Exchange" this would be where someone could donate items, horse ect to guild members just flag them un-trad-able once they have hit the exchange and can only be added back to the exchange when no longer needed making it Guild Property. one way people could share and help guild members without opening a door to gold farmers. Could also make it where the guild master could sell the item to the guild merchant for tokens to buy other items from the guild merchant.
Edited by TriggerHappy

Posted

And please remove pay to loot option. I dont want to pay 50$ just so I can buy 5 pets that can loot everything. 1 pet is looting every 5 seconds which is retarded. 
Give options to remove all animations. Why the ----- would I want to wait 4 seconds before I get on the horse. Or wait 5 seconds when I summon black spirit. 

wtf is with this wall when you hit lvl 56. you need -----ing 2h for 2% and if you die you lose 1 and shit % exp.... People really feel motivated for leveling.. thats why you have only 92k + players on lvl 56+   out of 1.5mil players in EU  like nobody is grinding your game because nobody likes it. That is the most boring part of every game. Statistics are telling you that you have jack shit game. go talk to your managers that doesnt exist. 

Your game is based on afk. Play the game in afk mode. Do crafting by being afk. Let me process 10k materials Click Click ok now I wait 10h...  Get the best in something by being afk. wtf kind of game is that. Ask your 1.4 mil players that are playing your game in that way. Afk bdo. other 100k are grinding...