• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Memory Fragment market (Eu)

93 posts in this topic

Posted

NA servers are way more populated than EU servers, so probably more people doing scrolls than on EU

Posted

NA servers are way more populated than EU servers, so probably more people doing scrolls than on EU

More fishbots -_-

Posted

ppl are dumb at NA they run around in there +15 and cri evri time that they get killd because they sell all enchantment stuff on the market and i dont mention Full ap monkey mentality they still following.

On eu ppl just store fragments for private needs. 

But overall that system that force you to farm fragments through time consuming disco balls is disgusting.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I suspect the problem is is self perpetuating. 

Because of the shortage of fragments on EU, players who run scrolls do it to keep the memory fragments for themselves rather than sell them on the market. 

I have shit loads of fragments in my bank that I know I WILL need, just not right now. I'd rather keep than potentially have to buy them back later at a higher price. The fear of loss is leading to low supply and nothing will probably change short of some kind of huge relic/book event for EU servers.

The downside to a EU specific event though would be uproar from NA servers because euros got something they didn't. 

Why the shortage occured in the first place I have no idea, but I suspect its a symptom of a problem long since fixed (population difference).  It's also possible that EU is more economically savy, and since running scrolls group is technically more profitable than just buying the fragments due to the extra blackstones acquired, a slightly different culture has emerged. 

It's also possible that because of language differences, random scroll groups are less popular on EU even though the populations are broadly similar. On NA everyone speaks english, so the entire population can participate in groups advertised via channel chat. On EU servers there may be German, Italian, Spanish, French players etc who only speak their native language and can't participate in publicly advertised activities, meaning the overall group turn over is lower than NA. 

Edited by Kozuka
3 people like this

Posted

It feels like the population on eu is so much higher, or at least everyone is a lot richer ...

Black stone armor available on the market ... 46

Black stone weapon ... 643 ... usually 9000+ 

Everyone on EU enchanting ??? @_@

Pretty sure it's due to the DK awakening.

Everyone is trying to get weapons as high + as possible they sell for max value atm and are instantly sold. NA might just not care about that at all. Who knows.

Posted

EU players have unlimited silver to buy absolutely everything that has to do with enchanting, instantly, 24/7.

Posted

You have this so completely backwards it's almost funny.

Remember the Census, and read it again: https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/350

The issue is that EU is enchanting a hell of a lot more than NA, as shown by the amount and type of PEN items available. Therefore the "enchanting market" is a lot more competitive which leads to there not being any memory fragments available. It's as simple as that.

A lot of the PENs were generated for Gamescom and never removed, so you can't rely on those figures.

Posted

Here's how the enhancement section in market looks like on EU, permanently:

ffe4eaf77b7c46b2ab717b7da55c3d5b.png

Posted

Pretty sure it's due to the DK awakening.

Everyone is trying to get weapons as high + as possible they sell for max value atm and are instantly sold. NA might just not care about that at all. Who knows.

Armor stones are always sold out unless there's a black stone event. Weapon stones are quite low in quantity atm though. Usually 10k+

Posted (edited)

actually 24x mem just got posted RUNNNNN everyone time to snipe them and oh watch out for this one guy who posts 1x mem at min price holding everything xD crying and laughing at the same time rn.

1.jpg

Edited by SillySin

Posted

actually 24x mem just got posted RUNNNNN everyone time to snipe them and oh watch out for this one guy who posts 1x mem at min price holding everything xD crying and laughing at the same time rn.

1.jpg

Mem frags actually do pop up quite frequently but they never sit on the MP, even at odd hours. I've sniped some at morning hours but I don't even try at peak it's pointless

Posted

1. Many players from EU left the game after they implemented the option to sell Cash shop items in-game's marketplace.

2. Enchant success rate on EU is lot higher than NA

3. EU players dont give a shniet bout boss weapons/armors 

Those are my thoughts, but also you should check the server's population, and from there you could get your answer.

1. Hardly, this is what happen with most MMO's that's not WoW unfortunately. Most spots are still crowded.
2. If that was the case there would be more fragments on EU market then NA market not the other way around.
3. We don't? You realize how fast that shit sells right? And how flooded world bosses are on every channel.

Posted

A lot of the PENs were generated for Gamescom and never removed, so you can't rely on those figures.

Those Gamescom items were created, used and stored on another, private server. The data shown in the 1y anniversary graphic is gathered from EU/NA.

Posted

It's also possible that because of language differences, random scroll groups are less popular on EU even though the populations are broadly similar. On NA everyone speaks english, so the entire population can participate in groups advertised via channel chat. On EU servers there may be German, Italian, Spanish, French players etc who only speak their native language and can't participate in publicly advertised activities, meaning the overall group turn over is lower than NA. 

This is actually a good point, I hadn't thought of that. Idk if its the main cause or anything, but i wouldn't be surprised if this is a major contributing factor.

Posted

The issue is that EU is enchanting a hell of a lot more than NA, as shown by the amount and type of PEN items available. Therefore the "enchanting market" is a lot more competitive which leads to there not being any memory fragments available. It's as simple as that.

Nonsense.

Subtract 12 from each of the listed PEN items for a more accurate image of what the PEN status is in EU.

Posted

I think mem shards are easy to get if you grind Fogans, bandits, crescents or Basks. 

Sharps are the biatch of the items needed to push up to the TET/PEN levels, that crap is so hard to get consistently from gathering :D

Posted

It feels like the population on eu is so much higher, or at least everyone is a lot richer ...

Until you look at the full picture and actually see that the quantity sold is a lot less as well.

I.e. there's a lot fewer players in EU (which is also something Kakao EU has stated in the past when the US version got server upgrades that EU hasn't seen yet).

Posted

If there were no relics, books, or scrolls in stock that would be one thing, but there are?

There are near constant shouts for 10x runs on NA, despite the poor design with time wasting summons.

Your region has the same resources available to you, if you choose not to fish and/or don't run frag groups, it is not PA's fault.

Posted

Those Gamescom items were created, used and stored on another, private server. The data shown in the 1y anniversary graphic is gathered from EU/NA.

Alright, find someone to link me a PEN Cadry ingame. Full discretion promised, 5k beer to you and the person linking it. Should be easy enough, there's 24 of them after all.

4 people like this

Posted

Your region has the same resources available to you, if you choose not to fish and/or don't run frag groups, it is not PA's fault.

Of course it's not PA's fault :)

It's only a very different market situation. I assume a lot more people processing and doing AFK stuff, and just buying all things in market, constant minimum prices for lots of crafted stuff would indicate that too.

Might be interesting to create a NA account and have a look what's going on over there.

Posted

ffe4eaf77b7c46b2ab717b7da55c3d5b.png

It's usually without the grade 3 reform stone

I can't even build cheap failstacks because of the lack of BS Armours so have switched to failstacking on weapons just because they're available to buy, otherwise I can't progress, literally blocked because of god awful progression systems

Posted

I can't even build cheap failstacks because of the lack of BS Armours so have switched to failstacking on weapons just because they're available to buy, otherwise I can't progress, literally blocked because of god awful progression systems

I'll admit I don't understand why black stones are still as relatively rare as they are since they're just a resource for getting to somewhere else now. Shards are the limiting factor now, not black stones. But absolutely nothing changed to either enhance rates or black stone drop rates when they added pri-pen.

Posted

I'll admit I don't understand why black stones are still as relatively rare as they are since they're just a resource for getting to somewhere else now. Shards are the limiting factor now, not black stones. But absolutely nothing changed to either enhance rates or black stone drop rates when they added pri-pen.

Try enchanting your armour with no black stones to melt with hards, you can't

It's funny because I have a load of hards in my warehouse but no black stone armours so they're effectively useless

Posted

It's funny because I have a load of hards in my warehouse but no black stone armours so they're effectively useless

In more or less the same situation as you. Got the shards to burn on attempts but not the stones to get to where I want to burn on attempts. It's... pretty damned frustrating :/

Posted

In more or less the same situation as you. Got the shards to burn on attempts but not the stones to get to where I want to burn on attempts. It's... pretty damned frustrating :/

I started doin daily quests for hunter marks again... :D Thats how desperate i am... :D 5 minutes = armor stone... :D