• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Urgent Issue] Region Tier Guild Ringers are ruining node wars

405 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Today I'm voicing my concerns on some recent occurrences on the NA server. As of late, several Region Tier guilds have taken to dropping their guilds during the week to join smaller tier nodes. While harmless on the surface as they're free to do that so long as they fall within the current guidelines/restrictions, this has become a regular occurrence where specific guilds (I won't drop names here, though will give guild names to a GM/CM if asked), have taken to exchanging these services as payment for taking up region slots, and this needs to be reevaluated.

The big issue is the fact that there is legitimately no way most guilds can compete vs the upper echelon as they receive significant payouts for regions, and for node wars (heck, one of the region holders cuts himself up to 400 mil a week). Regardless, this is a significant issue and will likely have an adverse effect in the long run. When it happened once or twice, it wasn't nearly as much of an issue but, it's become so frequent, that I've run into these "injected" guilds several times a week for the past month, and it needs to end. If this keeps continuing, I foresee a major drop in participation for node wars among the more casual/medium player base. There's even a region guild that has a dedicated alternative guild that they join during the week to assist their allies for taking nodes as payment.

Additionally, the idea that "allies" are even a thing directly contradicts the spirit of this game. If the game was intended to force long term alliances, the systems would be in place with it. Instead, workarounds for said alliances are paid through abusing in game mechanics (ie; Handing off nodes, Final Wars, etc).

Some Suggestions I would make would be the following:

• Initiate a seven day cooldown for new recruits. This would work in the sense that guilds would NOT be able to assist guilds during the week, and would effectively deter these actions. However, I don't think a seven day cooldown on joining a guild is necessarily healthy. Just simply disallow participating in any Region/Node wars for one week.

• Make dropping for regions more expensive. While I don't like the idea of an expensive drop as it significantly drops the number of eligible guilds for a region war, this will definitely FORCE guilds who do consider allying to determine whether a significant price (say 1 billion) is worth it. Not many guilds are willing to pay 1 billion out of pocket for some alliance/ally, as it ultimately is detrimental, AND it forces a guild to seriously consider their resources and whether or not they're ready for region wars.

Again, this has become a consistent issue on the NA server, and is growing by the week. More and more Region Tier guilds are abusing this system, and will only serve to hurt the game in the long run. Please reach out through the appropriate channels and see that this issue is resolved, as I do enjoy the game, and I'm sure I speak for a lot of people when I say their gaming experience is being ruined by this issue.

Below are some screenshots relevant to the above post. They were taken from the time period of 04/12/17-04/18/17

Another suggestion is to add a 168 hour cooldown on rejoining the same guild you were last in.

Edited by Roxies
26 people like this

Posted

git gud and

cf7f07ae28.jpg

4 people like this

Posted

Hello I am an officer for the guild most people know us by as ITC we are a small time guild that has beaten plenty of region tier guilds from the Orwen server so I know what I'm talking about. It's these type of exploits that prevents us from participating in higher tier of nodes and progressing to participate in region wars. These guilds that squat on regions and then hop to alt guilds to then zerg t2 nodes with multiple other guilds(feeding nodes) because they are "looking for pvp" is not acceptable.

signed biggus "call me if you see a commie" maximus

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

Tbh, I wish all of these smaller guilds would learn that you can't create a successful guild while being another guilds bitch.

Edited by .Arke
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

In Vision we have not handed off a node to another guild in like 3 months. There are 20-30 of us that drop weekly because no one has fought us on our region for like 15 weeks now, and we just want to have fun. Say what you want, but no one wants to sit on their region with no fights for months at a time. So the real problem here is that the smaller guilds don't want to merge/come together to knock others off their region.

Edited by ImDaTruth
13 people like this

Posted

God Bless North America. Land of the free, home of the people who will find a way to exploit anything. This is why we are the leaders of the world.

1 person likes this

Posted

In Vision we have not handed off a node to another guild in like 3 months. There are 20-30 of us that drop weekly because no one has fought us on our region for like 15 weeks now, and we just want to have fun. Say what you want, but no one wants to sit on their region with no fights for months at a time. So the real problem here is that the smaller guilds don't want to merge/come together to knock others off their region.

While I understand your predicament, this doesn't change much of anything. At some point, you were handing off nodes, (as is ChoNation and ManUp), and you're admitting that a coordinated effort is made by your guild/guildmembers to join an alternate guild, and circumvent the current system in place to prevent Region Tier guilds/players from participating in node wars. There's two sides to the coin. You're bored, and players are hitting their heads up against a wall that shouldn't be there.

Posted

You guys know this goes on in KR as well, and has gone on all season long over there right...? If it was a "exploit" it would of been fixed already, just saying. Next season will change a lot though.

1 person likes this

Posted

This has to be a joke right? I mean come on git gud 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You guys know this goes on in KR as well, and has gone on all season long over there right...? If it was a "exploit" it would of been fixed already, just saying. Next season will change a lot though.

If this weren't an exploit, Tier 3 Node owners would be allowed to drop on Tier 2's and Tier 1's. How is this any different?

Edited by Roxies
edit: I'd like to ask you for your source on the whole "this goes on in KR as well" thing as I've heard the opposite, and that they in fact punish for this sort of thing.

Posted

I guess the only real solution is to let guilds that own regions to also be able to participate in node wars during the week. The downside would be that these too guilds get even more money and cause a trickle down effect. It would cause T3 guilds to go for T2s, and T2 guilds go for T1s. This solves the problem of some T1 guilds gaining strong pvpers to help them take a node.

Posted (edited)

While I understand your predicament, this doesn't change much of anything. At some point, you were handing off nodes, (as is ChoNation and ManUp), and you're admitting that a coordinated effort is made by your guild/guildmembers to join an alternate guild, and circumvent the current system in place to prevent Region Tier guilds/players from participating in node wars. There's two sides to the coin. You're bored, and players are hitting their heads up against a wall that shouldn't be there.

So what is stopping all these 20 man guilds grouping up into 100 man guilds and helping each other get nodes? No matter how geared we the "region" holders are this is a game of number bring 300vs100 and probaly the 100 is going to lose . Bring you alliance to all the nodes get all your people a node then go take a castle. That is how it's ment to be played as of right now in this season.

Edited by ImDaTruth

Posted (edited)

Whats wrong with ppl pvping and making money at the same time? Stop trying to ruin top tier players money making method. They need way more money than casual to reach 270 ap. So let them exploit this.

Edited by zeroisk

Posted

hello, Guild hopper exploiter Yuma AMA, ask away anything youd like to know

1 person likes this

Posted

So what is stopping all these 20 man guilds grouping up into 100 man guilds and helping each other get nodes? No matter how geared we the "region" holders are this is a game of number bring 300vs100 and probaly the 100 is going to lose. So what is stopping all these 20 man guilds grouping up into 100 man guilds and helping each other get nodes? No matter how geared we the "region" holders are this is a game of number bring 300vs100 and probaly the 100 is going to lose. Bring you alliance to all the nodes get all your people a node then go take a castle. That is how it's ment to be played as of right now in this season.

What does this have to do with the fact that you JUST admitted that you're circumventing the current system in  a collaborated effort with your guildmates?

How much money do you make in a week between region tier payouts and node war payouts?

Posted

why you ruin game for us 20 man guild that want t3's

FeelsShovelMan.png

1 person likes this

Posted

I guess the only real solution is to let guilds that own regions to also be able to participate in node wars during the week. The downside would be that these too guilds get even more money and cause a trickle down effect. It would cause T3 guilds to go for T2s, and T2 guilds go for T1s. This solves the problem of some T1 guilds gaining strong pvpers to help them take a node.

lol

Posted (edited)

Yeah, theres not really a link to a post about this going on, although im interested in where you are "hearing the opposite and how they are getting punished". Although im leaving the game, i am on a discord with several KR players, and i assume a lot of people here who are in big region guilds know of a few as well, and this is pretty standard fare. Although if you are a T3 guild you physically cant drop on a T1/T2 until sunday, at that point it resets and it doesn't matter if you still own a T3 from last week because its back up for grabs. And as it was said before, if you really have a problem with this, get allies and gang up on the larger guild, its what we used to do.

Pretty much: GIT GUD.

Edited by Cyber_Day
1 person likes this

Posted

What does this have to do with the fact that you JUST admitted that you're circumventing the current system in  a collaborated effort with your guildmates?

Have you ever thought maybe the system is designed this way on purpose? This has been a thing for a long time but developers haven't said a word. 

Posted

Whats wrong with ppl pvping and making money at the same time?

I'm perfectly fine with people pvping and making money, it's the exploitation of the current system that concerns me.

Posted

Honestly though, the current system is messed up. If you hold a region, you get to PvP once a week, on a #$%$ing weekend at 9pm (EST) no less. People want to PvP, and going between guilds to get more PvP in is very understandable to me. I joined a guild that was only doing node wars Monday to Thursday for this very reason. I want to PvP, but I don't want to commit to a weekend night raid schedule.

IMO, the guilds doing this came out of a lack of PvP rather than a way to make extra money and stomp lower tier guilds... Although I'm sure they love the extra money (who wouldn't), and it is fun to stomp people every once in a while to repair a damaged ego.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes... and I told you have to fight against it as well. So what is your point? 

Posted

Honestly though, the current system is messed up. If you hold a region, you get to PvP once a week, on a #$%$ing weekend at 9pm (EST) no less. People want to PvP, and going between guilds to get more PvP in is very understandable to me. I joined a guild that was only doing node wars Monday to Thursday for this very reason. I want to PvP, but I don't want to commit to a weekend night raid schedule.

IMO, the guilds doing this came out of a lack of PvP rather than a way to make extra money and stomp lower tier guilds... Although I'm sure they love the extra money (who wouldn't), and it is fun to stomp people every once in a while to repair a damaged ego.

KR devs said its an exploit and are looking to fix it. It's looked down upon in KR currently.

1 person likes this