• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Urgent Issue] Region Tier Guild Ringers are ruining node wars

405 posts in this topic

Posted

There is nothing in the game telling me I shouldn't fill my inventory up before digging.

Chun, what is a guild if not it's members? I ask myself this often. If I removed Aska, would ITC still be ITC? I think not. Could we still wear this blue emblem without Biggs? Certainly not. Who would defend Normandy if not for Malvarose? Nobody. When will Dinkus come back? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I miss Dinkus.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

again man up keeps changing the topic. The topic is man up/other region guild exploiting node war mechanics to fight in wars they are suppose to be locked out of.

whether another guild brings 100 plus people to fight them is irrelevant. They are using a work around to bypass an intended game mechanic. If PA wants region guilds to fight t1-t3 then they can remove the lock out.

Edited by Caldra

Posted

Just my 2 cents. It is very dangerous to call guild hopping exploiting.  There would be other ways to get around the cooldown and increasing the cooldown would just mean the return of BirdGuild, BirdGuild2, GuildBird.  I think the biggest issue is the lack of memes from territory guilds.  Owning a territory means you are responsible for atleast 1 weekly meme post or video.  Everyone knows the real pvp only happens in the forums, and lately that has been lacking.  

5 people like this

Posted

And reposting, could you please provide examples/evidence to when region guilds have dropped t1s? Don't worry, I'll wait.

Reading comprehension.

I was raising the question, not saying "WOW THIS ONE GUILD DID 'x'".

Also read the OP: "While harmless on the surface as they're free to do that so long as they fall within the current guidelines/restrictions, this has become a regular occurrence where specific guilds (I won't drop names here, though will give guild names to a GM/CM if asked), have taken to exchanging these services as payment for taking up region slots, and this needs to be reevaluated."

Posted

Just my 2 cents. It is very dangerous to call guild hopping exploiting.  There would be other ways to get around the cooldown and increasing the cooldown would just mean the return of BirdGuild, BirdGuild2, GuildBird.  I think the biggest issue is the lack of memes from territory guilds.  Owning a territory means you are responsible for atleast 1 weekly meme post or video.  Everyone knows the real pvp only happens in the forums, and lately that has been lacking.  

again guild hopping in itself is not an exploit. However, moving an entire guild over to an alternate guild to circumvent a mechanic is.

Posted

since you guys are talking about pre-server merge when Edan had 30 players total.

did this salty cuck just stab at Edan being the low-pop server? u wot m8 y eye autta

1 person likes this

Posted

Reading comprehension.

I was raising the question, not saying "WOW THIS ONE GUILD DID 'x'".

Also read the OP: "While harmless on the surface as they're free to do that so long as they fall within the current guidelines/restrictions, this has become a regular occurrence where specific guilds (I won't drop names here, though will give guild names to a GM/CM if asked), have taken to exchanging these services as payment for taking up region slots, and this needs to be reevaluated."

I'm asking for some proof that it happens, surely you or the OP must have some since it is so prevalent.

Posted (edited)

I'm asking for some proof that it happens, surely you or the OP must have some since it is so prevalent.

lol. Just ask the gm you sold serendia to. Very open about it. Maybe not now.

Edited by Caldra

Posted

lol. Just ask the gm you sold serendia to. Very open about it. Maybe not now.

Again, no proof or examples, should be easy enough. I have yet to see any of us go to t1 nodes except for the one many weeks back that had over a billion in funds rolled over where 13 guilds dropped. As far as I know the other big region guilds don't do it either so I just don't really get this line of debate.

Nice strawman though. 

2 people like this

Posted

Again, no proof or examples, should be easy enough. I have yet to see any of us go to t1 nodes except for the one many weeks back that had over a billion in funds rolled over where 13 guilds dropped. As far as I know the other big region guilds don't do it either so I just don't really get this line of debate.

Nice strawman though. 

Image result for hype gif

Posted

I see you know how to use Google to ensure you're correctly using such an oh-so-difficult word. Perhaps you could start utilizing it to fix your elementary school spelling mistakes. Hostler ≠ holster.

Capture.PNG

Thank for correcting that man, I'm glad to see you understand and agree

Posted

Game should let region guilds place on a T3 in addition to their region, or even create T4 nodes that only region holders can place on and allow for increased money.

You can't regulate them by hurting everyone else. Open up the market and let it sort itself out. People wouldn't drop guild if they didn't have to. 

If you really want to regulate the system make the taxes on regions, be based on guild roster, so if half the guild drops guild for the week the payout drops considerably, if guilds want to fight for multiple nodes it lets them, but they get limited financially for mercing themselves out. 

2 people like this

Posted

As an officer in a region guild, I'd agree the current situation isn't ideal.  Here are a few suggestions I have to potentially help fix the current situation.

1. Drastically reduce the amount of money territories pay out.  Every siege guild wants pvp but giving up an uncontested territory and the 100+ mil payouts that come with it is crazy.  If territories only paid out 4-5x what a T3 node pays out, suddenly there's less reason to sit for weeks uncontested.  Siege wars should be about pride (EDAN BABY) more than about paychecks.

2. Allow territory owning guilds to drop on a second territory.  Let's say Manup wanted to make things spicy and attack a different territory.  With the current system, they'd have to waste one week losing the territory just to be able to drop somewhere else the next week so it's a two week process to even attempt pvp.  Couple that with how much money you get currently owning Valencia each week and it makes no sense to "throw away" all that money for the chance for one day of pvp.  Imagine the politics and drama that would go down if siege guilds could drop on a second territory.  Would breathe life into a currently stale siege scene.

3. Allow territory owning guilds to drop on T3 nodes.  Let territory guilds scratch that pvp itch during the week but lock them in T3 nodes so that lower tier guilds can properly compete at T1/T2 nodes.  Buff the amount of money T1 and T2 nodes get so lower tier guilds can slowly start to catch up.

Curious to see what you guys think about some of these suggestions.  At the end of the day, everyone is playing this game to have fun so I'd love to see some changes made to ensure a fun, long lasting pvp scene.

7 people like this

Posted

There is nothing in the game telling me I shouldn't fill my inventory up before digging.

Chun, what is a guild if not it's members? I ask myself this often. If I removed Aska, would ITC still be ITC? I think not. Could we still wear this blue emblem without Biggs? Certainly not. Who would defend Normandy if not for Malvarose? Nobody. When will Dinkus come back? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I miss Dinkus.

dink is mine now

1 person likes this

Posted

I mean look how well that wored for prx. Not many people want to be in a 2-3 guild owned by one person not in their guild. Those guilds always split and make their own shit. Unless all three have bought accounts named very similar. Just saying people don't like being in massive zerg like that and not many hardcore players join them.

Posted

As an officer in a region guild, I'd agree the current situation isn't ideal.  Here are a few suggestions I have to potentially help fix the current situation.

1. Drastically reduce the amount of money territories pay out.  Every siege guild wants pvp but giving up an uncontested territory and the 100+ mil payouts that come with it is crazy.  If territories only paid out 4-5x what a T3 node pays out, suddenly there's less reason to sit for weeks uncontested.  Siege wars should be about pride (EDAN BABY) more than about paychecks.

2. Allow territory owning guilds to drop on a second territory.  Let's say Manup wanted to make things spicy and attack a different territory.  With the current system, they'd have to waste one week losing the territory just to be able to drop somewhere else the next week so it's a two week process to even attempt pvp.  Couple that with how much money you get currently owning Valencia each week and it makes no sense to "throw away" all that money for the chance for one day of pvp.  Imagine the politics and drama that would go down if siege guilds could drop on a second territory.  Would breathe life into a currently stale siege scene.

3. Allow territory owning guilds to drop on T3 nodes.  Let territory guilds scratch that pvp itch during the week but lock them in T3 nodes so that lower tier guilds can properly compete at T1/T2 nodes.  Buff the amount of money T1 and T2 nodes get so lower tier guilds can slowly start to catch up.

Curious to see what you guys think about some of these suggestions.  At the end of the day, everyone is playing this game to have fun so I'd love to see some changes made to ensure a fun, long lasting pvp scene.

I think some of these solutions could totally be viable and appreciate the constructive response. People keep bringing up the T1 node thing but, people are looking past the fact that this is a top down issue that results in a trickle down effect through all the tiers. It's more detrimental to the majority of the population for region owners to loophole their way into node wars then people seem to realize. It effectively cramps the lower node tiers in response, and stunts growth in newer/developing guilds. I do like the idea of some of these suggestions however, the guild hopping through the week needs to stop.

I feel like an equivalent comparison of the current scenario would be a guild seizing two nodes in the beginning of the week, and switching to an alt guild to continue warring the rest of the week, allowing for much more significant payouts for it's members. In any other game where gear progression isn't economy driven, I could see where this wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal but, the fact that a guild has the ability to double dip is a huge issue.

Posted

I think some of these solutions could totally be viable and appreciate the constructive response. People keep bringing up the T1 node thing but, people are looking past the fact that this is a top down issue that results in a trickle down effect through all the tiers. It's more detrimental to the majority of the population for region owners to loophole their way into node wars then people seem to realize. It effectively cramps the lower node tiers in response, and stunts growth in newer/developing guilds. I do like the idea of some of these suggestions however, the guild hopping through the week needs to stop.

I feel like an equivalent comparison of the current scenario would be a guild seizing two nodes in the beginning of the week, and switching to an alt guild to continue warring the rest of the week, allowing for much more significant payouts for it's members. In any other game where gear progression isn't economy driven, I could see where this wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal but, the fact that a guild has the ability to double dip is a huge issue.

Siege guilds guild hopping to their secondary guild during the week for node wars only really happens cause people in those guilds want pvp and get bored when their territory goes uncontested for weeks.  If you allow those guilds to drop on T3 nodes then you really wouldn't see any of the siege guilds switching guilds mid week.  Lock those siege guilds into T3 nodes and then buff T1 and T2 node payouts (keep T3 where it is) and everyone wins.  You could also add in a system where people have to be in the guild for a week to be able to receive a guild payout.  This would make it so people wouldn't be able to randomly drop guild mid week to stomp lower tier guilds without missing out on that week's siege payout.

3 people like this

Posted

ChoNation Official Exploit tier list

S+: Gravity

S: ChoNation

A:

B: ManUp, Vision

F: Everyone else

Explanations
Gravity: Diggas OP

ChoNation: Nippon steel at the top of exploit tier from medkitgate, treegate, to now altguildgate, chonation has proven themselves to be top tier exploitnation guild always at the forefront of the BDO community.

ManUp: New to the exploit scene they've built a reputation as a up and coming exploit guild but will need to step up their game to catch ChoNation

Vision: Also joining the exploit scene, it will be likely they will need to follow Lord Cho more closely if they want to raise their ranks

Everyone else: If you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin

6 people like this

Posted

ChoNation isn't a siege guild.

Theyre a rank F life skilling shitter guild.

Not even a pure Edan guild either.

#KickTheWolves

<3

PZxDi76.gif

2 people like this

Posted

The main point of the thread is region holding guilds' geared players hop to alt guilds to do Tier1-3 node wars in an effort to double dip on rewards. 

The current game design is either 1. Hold a region and reap the massive silvers reward. 2. Dont hold a region and get your fill of pvp at tier1-3 node wars that you seem to imply you are hungry for.

Also note there are no compaints against FML or Vertex who are geared enough to rival the current region holders 1v1 as they do node wars without holding any regions.

Posted (edited)

How is this "urgent" issue since it been there since forever and this has been happening for months now.

It is ridiculous that once you fight your way to the top you get castle-cuck-blocked for PvP. They are re-designing the system already with the mercs so this pointless wail-of-a-thread does not move anything along, just makes you silly sprouting this old shite.

Either way I am back after few months of rest.. let the forum warring begin!

Edited by Irrelephant
fking censorship c0ckblock
1 person likes this

Posted

The main point of the thread is region holding guilds' geared players hop to alt guilds to do Tier1-3 node wars in an effort to double dip on rewards. 

The current game design is either 1. Hold a region and reap the massive silvers reward. 2. Dont hold a region and get your fill of pvp at tier1-3 node wars that you seem to imply you are hungry for.

Also note there are no compaints against FML or Vertex who are geared enough to rival the current region holders 1v1 as they do node wars without holding any regions.

The current game design is a 24 hour cooldown between leaving a guild and joining a guild. It doesn't specify which guild or how many times you can join it, so I'm not sure where the exploit is.

Posted

Siege guilds guild hopping to their secondary guild during the week for node wars only really happens cause people in those guilds want pvp and get bored when their territory goes uncontested for weeks.  If you allow those guilds to drop on T3 nodes then you really wouldn't see any of the siege guilds switching guilds mid week.  Lock those siege guilds into T3 nodes and then buff T1 and T2 node payouts (keep T3 where it is) and everyone wins.  You could also add in a system where people have to be in the guild for a week to be able to receive a guild payout.  This would make it so people wouldn't be able to randomly drop guild mid week to stomp lower tier guilds without missing out on that week's siege payout.

Thoroughly like that idea.

Posted

Don't kid yourself.

Posted

3. Do both. Because the game doesn't state anywhere that members of one guild are not allowed to quit their guild and join other guilds for node wars. It's called being a mercernary player. Exists in mmorpgs since 1990. Welcome to gaming.

You sad sad sad ppl; you guys should maybe grab your balls and act like men, not like snowflakes.