• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Spring Tulips Screenshot Contest [Winners Announced]

141 posts in this topic

Posted

Where are the winners?! It's been all day for the announcement.

i got a notification so i thought they were announcing the winners but it was just you

Posted (edited)

First two are pretty good, last two seem pretty generic compared to other shots I've seen floating around. Still, they're a lot better than the cherry blossom picks.

Edit: I just noticed that the second one (close up of rabbit in the tulips) is not 1920x1080 resolution, but 1914x1051... Then is having a 1080p or bigger screenshot not actually a requirement for winning? I'll also point out that the winners are all with english, bottom right, and set to 100 transparency watermarks. Could just be a coincidence, but I've been wrong before. Are watermark conditions an influence on winner picks?

Edited by Blossora
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

First two are pretty good, last two seem pretty generic compared to other shots I've seen floating around. Still, they're a lot better than the cherry blossom picks.

Edit: I just noticed that the second one (close up of rabbit in the tulips) is not 1920x1080 resolution, but 1914x1051... Then is having a 1080p or bigger screenshot not actually a requirement for winning (same deal with cherry blossom screenshot that was 1920x1200)? I'll also point out that the winners are all with english, bottom right, and set to 100 transparency watermarks. Could just be a coincidence, but I've been wrong before. Were watermark conditions an influence on winner picks?

thanks fam <3 personally i spent some good time with angles, lighting, and the right spot I submitted like 6 photos the one that even won wasn't my first choice but hey o.O

phto1.jpg

phto2.jpg

Edited by hallow
1 person likes this

Posted

The bunny and the guy on the bench, are good, the rest are pretty meh. 

Well I wont be putting much efforts or joining in more events wich is a shame, because I had fun taking some pics for the contest.

with that said, congrats to the winners

Posted (edited)

See this time these are amazing pictures :) U guys got no right to complain ahah

@CM_Aethon still please answer about requirements for watermark. I see winner's screens only with medium size EU/NA watermark at 100% transparency and in the bottom right corner. So pictures watermarked with other region's watermark positioned differently, smaller size and transparent werent eligible? Or?

Like here.

rjZq8bX.png

Edited by Nanimonai
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well these winner arent very worth it

Edited by Nelyvia
3 people like this

Posted

how do i turn off seeing these in game?

Posted (edited)

how do i turn off seeing these in game?

Pretty sure you can't, they're pasted over the regular loading screen (zooming in/out the map on your character's position). You can tell this by looking at the edges of some of the loading screenshots (for cherry blossom anyways), you'll see a couple of pixels width of space where the map loading animation can still be seen... which means they didn't properly size the screenshots to cover the whole screen.

Edited by Blossora

Posted (edited)

Another screenshot contest where winners get picked by RNG. 

I disagree. It seems this time they actually looked at the photos chosen. At least two of them had some decent traction on social media. 

But then, I guess any contest where I'm not included in the winner's pool must be RNG (kidding, kidding..). Frankly, I'm sympathetic toward the winners, with the responses to the winners in every screenshot contest, the prospect of winning is actually scary. 

Boop

NeQShg7.jpg

iK5kaqR.jpg

j87n7PM.jpg

cx3bhU4.png

VpUg61J.png

B95F0OI.png

y9Mdecv.png

LIVEiIR.png

Edited by Islarose
2 people like this

Posted

Hidden Content

:O 

I saved your first screenshot. That is STUNNING! 

1 person likes this

Posted

lol I literally had the exact same screenshot as that european person but with the panda.. >.>

C-IcTHZXsAE7RS3.jpg:large

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

RNGesus ftw? i saw way better screenshots than the winners, floating around. Those asocial network events have to stop!!

Edited by Sanivia

Posted

That last one  is pretty nice!

This one  I sent in is actually my desktop picture.

2017-04-20_6751517.JPG

Posted

better than the cherry blossom pics, still not the best I've seen compared to others on this forum or on the fb. lol oh well, congrats to the winners

I hope I did everything right in facebook... 

IyvuJhx.png

that's awesome lol

Posted

I hope I did everything right in facebook... 

IyvuJhx.png

Rly love that one too :3

Posted (edited)

thanks fam <3 personally i spent some good time with angles, lighting, and the right spot I submitted like 6 photos the one that even won wasn't my first choice but hey o.O

phto1.jpg

Yeah, this one is a lot better than the winning pick. The petals reflecting light in those particular spots makes me think of those large studio photography lights. I would have definitely enjoyed seeing this one as a loading screen. Oh well, congrats on winning still!

I submitted a few, but the best I had to offer was probably just this one. I wasn't very enthusiastic after cherry blossom contest.
CMCLAIn.png

Edited by Blossora