• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I really want to get back into BDO, but...

77 posts in this topic

Posted

The only problem this game has it's the enhancement system. Everything else is perfect for me. Change it to something that doesn't take random numbers to let you progress and we have a killer MMORPG.

linear progression = boring , look how sucessfull wildstar was.

+ linear progression means hardcore players will always be much stronger than you , instead with RNG they hate gated with insane RNG gate that prevent them from getting PEN right away. I know folks with thousands of hard and sharp crystals, they struggle to make the failstacks.

give average folks time to catch up to them and get TET while they downgrade their stuff trying PEN.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lmao just play bdo on and off, don't make ur "aim" to be "competitive" in an MMO. It just doesn't make sense to have your enjoyment in MMO's solely rely on the fact that you're "competitive" and "top in the server". Trying to be competitive in an mmo is like trying to go hardcore mlg on an RPG. 

Just play at your own pace and make bdo a side game. Your main game if You ever want to be competitive should be in games that have an esports community where skill and talent is the currency. Try playing for honor or something, maybe that will take u off the mmo grinding edge.

Edited by Xaqq

Posted

Theres something holding me back.  Maybe its the fact that its 'suggested' to have for pets for collection whilst grinding, or maybe its the grinding itself.  Maybe its the cash shop.  Or the fact that everyone is light years beyond me in terms of everything.

I want to get out of WoW and play BDO full time but not sure I have the desire to start completely from the ground up. 

U need to change ur mentality, bdo is an ecosystem where u find ur way to advance steadily through safe and risky means. Those who blossom can compete, the others can rejoice themselves by having tried and can safely return to wow's next expansion for quick catchup. And so does the ever repetitive and simpleminded cycle continue.

Posted (edited)

+ linear progression means hardcore players will always be much stronger than you , instead with RNG they hate gated with insane RNG gate that prevent them from getting PEN right away. I know folks with thousands of hard and sharp crystals, they struggle to make the failstacks.

give average folks time to catch up to them and get TET while they downgrade their stuff trying PEN.

I really don't know how you can defend and support such system. It's just a game and it brings me anxiety when i have to enhance an item which is not good since it's a game... and it should be fun and help us forget real life problems but no, it creates more. Trust me not being the best in a game doesn't bother me at all. Those who spend the time and effort deserve to be on top. I'm confortable with being mediocre and i enjoy it. This system fails on keeping the game fun on every aspect. Rolling the dice to progress is no fun and it drives players away. Honestly i don't care if that's how the game is, the players keep this game alive and the devs should at least thank them by listening to them.

Edited by t0ny
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I really don't know how you can defend and support such system. It's just a game and it brings me anxiety when i have to enhance an item which is not good since it's a game... and it should be fun and help us forget real life problems but no, it creates more. Trust me not being the best in a game doesn't bother me at all. Those who spend the time and effort deserve to be on top. I'm confortable with being mediocre and i enjoy it. This system fails on keeping the game fun on every aspect. Rolling the dice to progress is no fun and it drives players away. Honestly i don't care if that's how the game is, the players keep this game alive and the devs should at least thank them by listening to them.

I don't have those problems , this is on you.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

I left WoW for BDO and I have zero regrets.

You pay $15 a month, that's 3 pets after two months of gameplay. Guess what happens when you can't afford that $15 in BDO? Absolutely nothing. The game itself is $30, an expansion pack on WoW is ~$50 to $60.That's a costume and two pets.

As for the grind, that's going to happen to literally every new MMO you consider picking up.

Posted

There's not much difference between a Big Mac and a Whooper, you know?

EKkNeh7.png

Posted

I left WoW for BDO and I have zero regrets.

You pay $15 a month, that's 3 pets after two months of gameplay. Guess what happens when you can't afford that $15 in BDO? Absolutely nothing. The game itself is $30, an expansion pack on WoW is ~$50 to $60.That's a costume and two pets.

As for the grind, that's going to happen to literally every new MMO you consider picking up.

reality is most people spend big money in this game. Just because its free to play means nothing. You will never catch up without spending alot money.

Posted

He has 99 posts, so not new at all and I gave him a legit answer without going all Millennial/ Neckbeard on him.

Also I thought it was very fitting and funny, if I may say so myself!

I mean come on, complain about "grind" in a game revolving around grind? 

I figure he/ she is trolling and answered in the same spirit.

IMG_2634.JPG

Posted

I don't have those problems , this is on you.

Well, some people do so to avoid that they could easily change the system.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would go back to grinding monsters, but I prefer to stay in city with 20fps while cooking and processing.

Posted

Well, some people do so to avoid that they could easily change the system.

Easily. It's always easy to change the whole game and your business plan with it.

Posted

Except if you decide to alter linear progression and gate it by making it either extreme or gated by immense RNG you will often run into the same problem, it just can be delayed. Hardcore players being stronger has to do with how much progress there is to be had, how long it takes to get gear and how much of a difference the gear gives. The harder gear is to get the more disparity there will be between casual and hardcore players. Plus or minus some things such as new player growth, ones that stay, and turnover rates.

Linear progression isn't a fundamental problem, same with having a hefty grind. It's one aspect of many in a game. RNG, especially excessive RNG in a competitive game is a real problem.

Posted

Easily. It's always easy to change the whole game and your business plan with it.

Since they wanted to bring this game to the EU/NA they should have though about that. We are not KR here and we don't like those kind of stuff, we prefer to achieve stuff by trying not by being lucky with 0 effort. Just like how they release more character or more content it's super easy for them to make a change and even if it wasn't easy and could still do it to thank their players not ignore them and keep supporting this system because so far i don't see any devs talking about it and since launch the enhancement window has changed a lot so they do update it but they don't want to change it. So, yeah it is easy for them to change it and no it's not going to change the whole game. They could easily add a force to enhance (pri, duo, tri, etc) which is not that huge of a change. At least we will have an alternative way of progressing.

Posted

Theres something holding me back.  Maybe its the fact that its 'suggested' to have for pets for collection whilst grinding, or maybe its the grinding itself.  Maybe its the cash shop.  Or the fact that everyone is light years beyond me in terms of everything.

I want to get out of WoW and play BDO full time but not sure I have the desire to start completely from the ground up. 

It's really easy tho. Either you play BDO 100% for full gain of game or you don't.

Posted (edited)

My advice to you is to look at the road in front of you, not the mountain in the distance. If you don't enjoy self flagellation and working hard for a long period of time, you make it into a game that's about the journey and not there destination. 

Honestly. Try looking at small goals instead of 500 gearscore.

Edited by Cardiel
1 person likes this

Posted

Since they wanted to bring this game to the EU/NA they should have though about that. We are not KR here and we don't like those kind of stuff, we prefer to achieve stuff by trying not by being lucky with 0 effort. Just like how they release more character or more content it's super easy for them to make a change and even if it wasn't easy and could still do it to thank their players not ignore them and keep supporting this system because so far i don't see any devs talking about it and since launch the enhancement window has changed a lot so they do update it but they don't want to change it. So, yeah it is easy for them to change it and no it's not going to change the whole game. They could easily add a force to enhance (pri, duo, tri, etc) which is not that huge of a change. At least we will have an alternative way of progressing.

that's just your biased opinions tho.

I find the game perfectly fine and most veterans too.

Posted

that's just your biased opinions tho.
I find the game perfectly fine and most veterans too.

No it's not just my opinion lots of players hate that system and some have quit because of it.

You may have all day to play this game, and fail and try again and over and over but some people don't. They spend the available amount of time they have playing and for them it's not fun. I don't have anything else to tell you, if you don't see it that way then I'm sorry but you are selfish.

Posted (edited)

No it's not just my opinion lots of players hate that system and some have quit because of it.

You may have all day to play this game, and fail and try again and over and over but some people don't. They spend the available amount of time they have playing and for them it's not fun. I don't have anything else to tell you, if you don't see it that way then I'm sorry but you are selfish.

then don't enchant if you don't want to fail your enchantements. that's your own choice.
what are you 13yo ?

you want to change how the game works because it doesn't fit how you would like to play but somehow I am the selfish one.

oh ok , 10/10 Liberal logic.

Edited by Sizer
2 people like this

Posted

then don't enchant if you don't want to fail your enchantements. that's your own choice.what are you 13yo ?

you want to change how the game works because it doesn't fit how you would like to play but somehow I am the selfish one.

oh ok , 10/10 Liberal logic.

How am i going to progress if i don't enhance my gear? Buying it isn't an option ether since you have to wait days for the item to go on marketplace. The way the game works is not okay, otherwise i wouldn't try to change it. You like spending time on something that at the end of the day is up to random number to let you progress, good for you. The majority of players don't like that at all. I'd rather spend my time trying and get rewarded not leave it up to random number to decide if i should be rewarded. If you don't see how that is stupid then stop replying and making yourself look fool. We obviously have different opinions and we all know who is right. Just because you have a forums reputation doesn't mean you are always right.

Posted

How am i going to progress if i don't enhance my gear? Buying it isn't an option ether since you have to wait days for the item to go on marketplace. The way the game works is not okay, otherwise i wouldn't try to change it. You like spending time on something that at the end of the day is up to random number to let you progress, good for you. The majority of players don't like that at all. I'd rather spend my time trying and get rewarded not leave it up to random number to decide if i should be rewarded. If you don't see how that is stupid then stop replying and making yourself look fool. We obviously have different opinions and we all know who is right. Just because you have a forums reputation doesn't mean you are always right.

I'm buying my gears myself.

210/305 . you deal with enchantements or you don't. stop crying.

Posted

You're wrong though.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm buying my gears myself.
210/305 . you deal with enchantements or you don't. stop crying.

Good for you, wait a week till the item you want becomes available to the market because that's what happens. If you don't care about something don't reply. I wasn't talking to you in the first place i told my opinion but you felt like you had to say something. When you feel like that again just hold it.

You're wrong though.

I would love to hear why I'm wrong and please say the same stuff he said. I can't wait to use copy paste.

Posted

Good for you, wait a week till the item you want becomes available to the market because that's what happens. If you don't care about something don't reply. I wasn't talking to you in the first place i told my opinion but you felt like you had to say something. When you feel like that again just hold it.

I would love to hear why I'm wrong and please say the same stuff he said. I can't wait to use copy paste.

Well I mean. You're saying "yes i know this is all opinion but it's just your opinion is wrong and mine is right."

Your reasoning for crying is literally a sitcom punchline usually delivered by a ditzy character. 

Posted

tumblr_nxxq7n2TM91uxwqj0o1_500.gif