• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Save Cooking byproducts until kamasylvi region ?

11 posts in this topic

Posted

hi, ive got 261 cp and it has become hard to get more, so im wondering wether its useful to save the cooking byproduct until we get a new region (and maybe cp softcap raises?) or would that have no impact for me ? not sure if 254 or 300 is the real softcap.

id like to turn in my cooking stuff now because i always need cp, but im asking if it would make more sense to save them for a few weeks ?

best regards,

kimgjongun

Posted

My advice: complete Valencia quest (daily)

Posted

My advice: complete Valencia quest (daily)

how many cp xp can u get with valencia storyline ?

for example i'm at 230cp.. if i complete it , i can get 10points more?

cooking is a good way till 250 but at the end it results boring even if it is done afk

Posted

how many cp xp can u get with valencia storyline ?

for example i'm at 230cp.. if i complete it , i can get 10points more?

cooking is a good way till 250 but at the end it results boring even if it is done afk

With 230cp the Valencia Questline will give you around 13-16 cp. Takes a bit of time and a few looks into the database reguarding some locations, but it's still rewarding enough. 

Posted

ty for the answers.

yes i was stuck on the pirate island and i will now focus valencia dailies, ive tried to let my quest log guide me to some quests, but sometimes there was no npc quest giver, eventho i used quests autopath.. but dont worry ill manage it somehow.

but the main question is still unanswered:

- do you profit from turning in cooking byproduct after kamasylva gets patched in, or wont it make a difference if youre between 254-300 cp `?

or could it be stuipid to save the byproduct, because the ep received might be nerfed? in 1 year of bdo i only played about 3 months, so this questioned is all about history and i think only true veterans can answer (who probably dont look into the guide forum category) :(

Posted

the byproduct has already been nerfed shortly ago, it drops at least 10% less while cooking compared to before. 

so I would be surprised if the would buff again, what they nerfed. my guess is they rather nerf it again.

Posted

why "really soon"?

I need always CP.

Posted

Honestly you haven't hit hard to obtain CP.  If you don't use it now, you are limiting yourself from the use of the contribution that you could have had the whole time while waiting for a hoped for increase to the softcap.  I know there are arguments for both ways but it just seems nonsensical when you could have more of x with x being nodes, workers, products, trade nodes, fences, or storage by xx amount of days until its updated.

Posted

The new T9's require farming byproducts. That's the only byproducts worth holding on to. If cooking has become pointless then do something else.

Posted

Also, to me it seems like they don't raise the "soft caps," but what they do is make new quests for CP give way more exp.

At least so far that's how it has worked.  Look at each region that has been released and see how regular quests for CP and dailies give more and more exp.

You go from dailies being worth 50 cp in veila, to around 120 in Media to 200-300 in Valencia.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

hi, ive got 261 cp and it has become hard to get more, so im wondering wether its useful to save the cooking byproduct until we get a new region (and maybe cp softcap raises?) or would that have no impact for me ? not sure if 254 or 300 is the real softcap.

id like to turn in my cooking stuff now because i always need cp, but im asking if it would make more sense to save them for a few weeks ?

best regards,

kimgjongun

As someone who is hoarding 40k CP dishes and counting for Kamasylve I can tell you this will be our last chance for a CP raise, causde in theory; since the tooltip has been changed from 300 to 400, we've recieved any and all CP cap raises there will be and we're (again, in theory) cought up with Korea, but as someone with 350, there was absolutely no EXP difference in EXP needed per level when the tooltip was raised, so I am led to believe that maybe we havent gotten the final CP raise just yet and in fact, like you, Kamasylve is our last chance for a CP change.

Now, to your question, IMHO there's more probabilities for lower tiers like yours to recieve a cap raise and for it to be easier to get CP than it is for me, so I'd recommend you to not just wait, but dedicate a good chunk of your gameplay to cooking/alchemy, since they've nerfed the CP byproduct before and who knows what they might do next.

BUT!

We dont know when Kamasylve will reach us and that's the problem with my recommendation, in theory (third time now) you should wait and cook, but seeing as you're in the lower tiers, and taking into account that we have no idea whatsoever as when Kamasylve will be released AND due to the fact that there's no reassurement that there will be a final CP cap push, I'd say; just use your CP byproducts now, get the CP that you need, try to save as much as you can and keep cooking.

Edited by Hemuk