• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gearing is SCARY!!!

26 posts in this topic

Posted

I search for bdo videos on youtube everyday. I have just seen a random video on youtube. A player with 250ap-305dp. He has a pen dandelion. It is so scary for me to see such kind of players because It is nearly impossible for me to make such hard core items. I can make 1 tier lower of them like TRI accessories and duo ogre but ..."Holy... !!!" I wonder how many times such kind of players will kill me until I have items to compete with them. I can't imagine how much time I will need for it. It is just scary for me. Isn't it?

Posted

until u realize that his 8 extra ap won't matter if he doesn't get to hit you.. but the chances are, if he's played enough to get a pen dandelion then he's also played enough to be able to land his hits on you  

3 people like this

Posted

I search for bdo videos on youtube everyday. I have just seen a random video on youtube. A player with 250ap-305dp. He has a pen dandelion. It is so scary for me to see such kind of players because It is nearly impossible for me to make such hard core items. I can make 1 tier lower of them like TRI accessories and duo ogre but ..."Holy... !!!" I wonder how many times such kind of players will kill me until I have items to compete with them. I can't imagine how much time I will need for it. It is just scary for me. Isn't it?

well , he's been playing for over a year and you've been playing for how long ?
time = progression , thats how MMO should be , don't think you'll ever compete with that guy if he keeps going this hardcore.
keeping up with the '' average '' is quite easy tho , I mean 80 % of players who pvp.

1 person likes this

Posted

You can easily just buy pre-enchanted Duo's and Tri's off the market.  After that start enchanting your own gear.

Posted

I have been playing since the opening of eu and 1 year before eu on kr. I was banned once, so I have been playing on my account for 8 months. That guy also seems to be playing since kr opening(nearly 2.5 years). When I compare my development speed... It is really making me frustrated to put such an effort on a game.

Posted

I have been playing since the opening of eu and 1 year before eu on kr. I was banned once, so I have been playing on my account for 8 months. That guy also seems to be playing since kr opening(nearly 2.5 years). When I compare my development speed... It is really making me frustrated to put such an effort on a game.

well if you ain't having fun stop playing ?

Posted

I once posted a good analogy to mindsets like yours, give me a moment to find it.

Posted

But on the other hand... there's only few, very few people have this kind of gear in NA now. even if you meet him/her you can easily just leave him/her alone

1 person likes this

Posted

well if you ain't having fun stop playing ?

I don't like giving up. I like developing too but I start to lose my motivation when I think that I am being forced to develop. What I want is having fun in equal conditions with top players without putting a lot of effort after a certain time like after havind competitive items with such kind of players. It seems I will need to invest more than 1 more year or more than 2... PEN dande is ridiculous for me when I cannot even dare to try TET and I also can't buy it from the mp. I even don't have such amount of money.

I played the game like a no lifer for 1 month and I could manage to get level 60 and some items. But normally I can play 1-2-3 hours a day and some afk life skills... I think I will never make such kind of items because I am not a no lifer.

You can easily just buy pre-enchanted Duo's and Tri's off the market.  After that start enchanting your own gear.

TRI yellow acc's are hard to make and buy. Duos are ok.

But on the other hand... there's only few, very few people have this kind of gear in NA now. even if you meet him/her you can easily just leave him/her alone

that's the only motivation scenery ^^

Posted

There are differences yes but that doesnt make a good hc geared unkillable. Many factors that can score a kill in ur favor. Most dedicated can push 220 ap, thats enough to kill tet arnor dp+ geared if u know the dance

Posted

at that point having a pen dande or not having it barely makes a difference, it's mostly e-peen

4 people like this

Posted

at that point having a pen dande or not having it barely makes a difference, it's mostly e-peen

Difference between 242 and 25ap is 3% on paper ?

Posted (edited)

I don't like giving up. I like developing too but I start to lose my motivation when I think that I am being forced to develop. What I want is having fun in equal conditions with top players without putting a lot of effort after a certain time like after havind competitive items with such kind of players. It seems I will need to invest more than 1 more year or more than 2... PEN dande is ridiculous for me when I cannot even dare to try TET and I also can't buy it from the mp. I even don't have such amount of money.

What would someone call a person that cannot stop doing something that is not fun. ? If only we had a term for someone like that. Allow me:

mas·och·ist
[ˈmazəkəst, ˈmasəkəst]
NOUN
masochists (plural noun)
    (in general use) a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious:
    • "what kind of masochist would take part in such an experiment?"

Edited by Grizabella

Posted

I played the game like a no lifer for 1 month and I could manage to get level 60 and some items. But normally I can play 1-2-3 hours a day and some afk life skills... I think I will never make such kind of items because I am not a no lifer.

TRI yellow acc's are hard to make and buy. Duos are ok.

that's the only motivation scenery ^^

all I read was basicaly 
- I want to compete with folks who plays 12h a day but I can only play 3hours.
This won't happen, sorry to tell you, like in any disipline in life, the guy who puts more effort and time will get on top, this is even more true in videogames.
you can compete with the average pvpers. rougly 75-80% of pvpers.

maximise your AFK income with a worker's empire make a fisher , fish AFK keep your game open.
get money , buy your gears via pre-order or camp marketplace.

good luck.

Posted

all I read was basicaly - I want to compete with folks who plays 12h a day but I can only play 3hours.
This won't happen, sorry to tell you, like in any disipline in life, the guy who puts more effort and time will get on top, this is even more true in videogames.
you can compete with the average pvpers. rougly 75-80% of pvpers.

maximise your AFK income with a worker's empire make a fisher , fish AFK keep your game open.
get money , buy your gears via pre-order or camp marketplace.
good luck.

Lol don't be sorry to tell me that. It is the reason why it scares me. It's good that there are afk jobs in bdo unlike other mmorpgs. But their incomes are not even close to a nolifer's income. I hate the idea that a player who plays the game 7/24 although s/he is afk, why does it make him/her not to compete a nolifer? Why do I have to be one of the casuals? Just because I have a job or family? Just because I have a life? It nonsense to reward a useless guy in real life who is a nolifer in the game. BDO can break that stupid old type mmorpg system.

Posted (edited)

Lol don't be sorry to tell me that. It is the reason why it scares me. It's good that there are afk jobs in bdo unlike other mmorpgs. But their incomes are not even close to a nolifer's income. I hate the idea that a player who plays the game 7/24 although s/he is afk, why does it make him/her not to compete a nolifer? Why do I have to be one of the casuals? Just because I have a job or family? Just because I have a life? It nonsense to reward a useless guy in real life who is a nolifer in the game. BDO can break that stupid old type mmorpg system.

because it's an mmo and not an arena battlegame , this game foundamentally isn't a '' competitive game '' it's a long time-investing living MMO world.
if you want to be '' on par '' with hardcore players I'd suggest another type of game, perhaps an FPS or a fighting game or even an arena MMO like blade and soul.
but even there , the folks who put 12-14hours a day will have more knowledge and skills than you , so in the end it's the same.

you are a casual exactly because you have a life , a job and a family, your best bet is like I said, maximise your play time as best you can , and BDO have AFK mecanics just for this.
what you can do is compete with other casuals, which in BDO is a large portion of the players.

now stop QQing.
good day

-sizer

edit: both aren't related, you're just crying '' unfair '' now.
like anything in live, the most efforts and time you put in a specific goal , the most sucessful you'll be.

Edited by Sizer

Posted

KR players buy their PENs with Valks Cries ... no point in linking KR videos when this version of the game doesn't even have a functioning Market where crystal shards are concerned

Posted

Wait.. humanity scares you? Just look around you.

Posted

If you have full TRI gear, which is easy to get, and you can't kill someone, is a l2p issue no matter how you try to spin it.

Only reason tippy wouldn't be able to kill someone is if they have a full do build, then again they won't be able to kill you.

Posted

There is no game in this world, where you put less effort inside to become competitive. Especially in MMOs, Shooter or MOBAs.
A player who plays 3-4 hours a day can´t never be competitive to hardcore players.

But trust me in MOBAs is even worse once you pass the 6k MMR in Dota.

In BDO you can get RNG carried, this isn´t possible in the most MMOs.
If you are lucky with enchanting....you can keep up.

Just make sure that you earn enough money on afk activities/fishing/node empire or cooking/trading/alchemy/gathering/farming/imperial.
You need alot more energy/CP to become efficient.

Posted

The whole fun in MMOs is that you have a goal to aim for and having meaningful upgrades at end-game that separates players is an incentive to play and progress.

Posted

Typical RNG carry, happens like once out of 1000 ppl

Posted

What would someone call a person that cannot stop doing something that is not fun. ? If only we had a term for someone like that. Allow me:

mas·och·ist
[ˈmazəkəst, ˈmasəkəst]
NOUN
masochists (plural noun)
    (in general use) a person who enjoys an activity that appears to be painful or tedious:
    • "what kind of masochist would take part in such an experiment?"

So i am masochist bcs i liek spicy food.. :D 

Posted (edited)

KR players buy their PENs with Valks Cries ... no point in linking KR videos when this version of the game doesn't even have a functioning Market where crystal shards are concerned

That's not how this works. Artisans memory is actually a bigger benefit than valks cry in every way mathematically. They use a combination of both. 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

It's not just scary for you but people familiar with MMOs will find it familiar, there'd be less reason to mention it or be surprised. Any time you have a time investment that's not purely cosmetic and something that can be competitive, you're going to see these differences which is classic to MMORPGs. At that point it becomes how difficult you want the gear to be to obtain and how much of a difference you want the gear to make.

If you want to reward players for time invested, then gear will give them a leg up compared to someone who didn't put in the work, and that's a different reward than purely cosmetic, which is more likely to entice people to do something. Spending time to invest in something for nothing is moving one pile of sand grain by grain to a few feet away. Maybe it works for some people, but people usually need more than that to decide to 'waste' their time.  A progression, (even a weird one where your gear degrades and disappears)  game has doesn't come without a tradeoffs.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0