• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Communication

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Why dose it seem impossible to get any information out of The development team. Think it's about time you take a page out of  Star Citizen development team on how they inform the players answer questions address concerns and give more detailed patch notes.

Its hard to keep going on like this for the players we need more information than the  nothing you are giveing us. 

Like what are you working on now what bugs are you trying to fix how you are going to  balance classes (no more ninja nurfs) then  months of silence. 

Think it's about time you start to actually interact and communicate with us like just having a video on patch day telling us something you are doing or working on atm would be nice.

so please start to Inform us, Answer Questions, Address Concerns, More Detailed Patch Notes On Class Changes 

thanks from a dead Valkyrie

R.I.P patch 06-05-17

2 people like this

Posted

Think it's about time you take a page out of  Star Citizen development team on how they inform the players answer questions address concerns and give more detailed patch notes.

Don't you have to actually release game to provide patch notes? :) 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Actually, no. Although i know you were being goofy in this post haha.
I release patchnotes for software i have not deployed quite often, especially considering that I have people that test the software i've yet to fully "Released".

Why dose it seem impossible to get any information out of The development team. Think it's about time you take a page out of  Star Citizen development team on how they inform the players answer questions address concerns and give more detailed patch notes.

Not every company is the same.

Edited by War

Posted

You missed a "Mis" in your title.

1 person likes this

Posted

not any more cos they still have patches and do a better job at it too for a game that's not out lol it's a bit sad now that I just said that out loud poor bdo 

You missed a "Mis" in your title.

lol 😱 But I think they are very good at  miscommunication as sad as that is tho. 

Posted

do a better job at it too for a game that's not out

It's very easy to write what you want to do rather than writing what you've done and then implementing it. I could write "Did 7 cartwheels whilst downing a bottle of jaggermeister", it would be a lot more difficult to write this and then follow through with it. The fact that you're trying to pass of Star Citizen's devs as good guys is frankly hilarious, are you ignoring the fact that the game has been in production for 6 years, is still in Alpha stage and has taken over $140 million in funding? Perhaps you're forgetting that they're threatening any user who demands a refund, have threatened to take people to court for negative reviews and have made various threats directed at normal users?

If you want to know what is in store for your class then look at the translated Korean patch notes, Kakao are publishing the EU/NA version for us, it's not up to them to hold your hand to find out what's in store. 

Posted

Why dose it seem impossible to get any information out of The development team. Think it's about time you take a page out of  Star Citizen development team on how they inform the players answer questions address concerns and give more detailed patch notes.

Its hard to keep going on like this for the players we need more information than the  nothing you are giveing us. 

Like what are you working on now what bugs are you trying to fix how you are going to  balance classes (no more ninja nurfs) then  months of silence. 

Think it's about time you start to actually interact and communicate with us like just having a video on patch day telling us something you are doing or working on atm would be nice.

so please start to Inform us, Answer Questions, Address Concerns, More Detailed Patch Notes On Class Changes 

R.I.P patch 06-05-17

I don't think developers can do that

they don't care NA/EU version :(

from a valk to a valk

the farm is life, the farm is love ♥

Posted

R.I.P patch 06-05-17

all your propaganda and lies debunked in one thread  

Posted (edited)

It's very easy to write what you want to do rather than writing what you've done and then implementing it. I could write "Did 7 cartwheels whilst downing a bottle of jaggermeister", it would be a lot more difficult to write this and then follow through with it. The fact that you're trying to pass of Star Citizen's devs as good guys is frankly hilarious, are you ignoring the fact that the game has been in production for 6 years, is still in Alpha stage and has taken over $140 million in funding? Perhaps you're forgetting that they're threatening any user who demands a refund, have threatened to take people to court for negative reviews and have made various threats directed at normal users?

I'm not saying that the Star Citizen  developers are good/bad this post is only about communication and how they do it and how drum dose not. I think any form of  Communication from them to the player base is a Plus. Like if I was to ask you want is daum working on right now what can you tell me from the information that they have released. But if I was to ask you what are kakao/Pearl abyss are working on we have answers to that  because they communicate with the community. 

Edited by Xylen

Posted

all your propaganda and lies debunked in one thread  

1) This is about a BUG, a serious one, not about any balance. No lies.

2) Regarding balance, that's why KR has been giving valks buffs lately, yeah? They buff the OP classes? Oh, wait...

3) Many of his points have been disproven by people who you know, ACTUALLY PLAY THE CLASS. OP really clearly knows nothing about the class except the skill names. Plus he's using an evasion build vs a full acc build, like seriously...?

4) Your name = your post = the relevance to this thread.

Posted

Kakao is the voice of the Devs here. They communicate with us pretty regularly. 

I feel like I haven't gone a day without speaking to someone from kakao for like 2 months now... 

Posted

Because they're located in South Korea.

Because, like most Koreans, they're not overly confident when it comes to communicating in English lol.

But there's basically no NA/EU development team. 

Posted

I feel like I haven't gone a day without speaking to someone from kakao for like 2 months now... 

Lol.

Posted

1) This is about a BUG, a serious one, not about any balance. No lies.

2) Regarding balance, that's why KR has been giving valks buffs lately, yeah? They buff the OP classes? Oh, wait...

3) Many of his points have been disproven by people who you know, ACTUALLY PLAY THE CLASS. OP really clearly knows nothing about the class except the skill names. Plus he's using an evasion build vs a full acc build, like seriously...?

4) Your name = your post = the relevance to this thread.

1) it's not confirmed if it's a bug or not ,maybe they're finally balancing your class

2) because they said they're not gonna nerf any class and only buff (in order to fool monkeys like you who think your class is weak cus it's getting buffs when in reality that has nothing to do with it cause they're buffing every single class). Few weeks ago they also buffed witch and wizard when people were already mass crying, are you gonna imply witch and wiz needed buffs too? And look at how they operate, they just " buffed DP " for all classes (but it was more like a nerf to some of the damage classes like witch,wizard,dark knight but because they worded it by saying " buffed DP" and not " nerfed witch wiz etc" there are monkeys who get fooled by this and draw the wrong conclusions 

3) not a single point is disproven and the videos and links in the first post are made with the help of a valkyre who actually plays the class and does pvp 

4) arent you original, i've never heard that one before

Posted (edited)

So what is that communication like?

Kakao: Day 45 of constant Lag

Pearl: Got  it, keep it touch

Kakao: Everyone hates this RNG system all of our customers are irate and complaining constantly.

Kakao: The Mark Place is full of snipe bots and nearly impossible items to obtain any future plans on this?

Kakao: Is this some type of automated bot response?

Edited by feebleone

Posted

daum is the Publisher here btw kakao games is the Publisher (guys who funded the game) in Korea Pearl Abyss are the developers 

Posted

So what is that communication like?

Kakao: Day 45 of constant Lag

did u see the KR live stream like a week ago? They were desyncing at Kakao HQ in their official pvp tournament. They are def aware of the problem, but they don't know how to fix it. 

daum is the Publisher here btw kakao games is the Publisher (guys who funded the game) in Korea Pearl Abyss are the developers 

im not sure about all the names. i just mean to say like the GMs and CMs here will act as the voice of the PA devs in korea. I don't think we can expect much from the PA KR Devs in terms of actually talking to us. I mean, sure they are welcome to and that'd be cool, but I think the CMs and GMs and whatnot that we have are communicating with us a lot. 

Posted (edited)

did u see the KR live stream like a week ago? They were desyncing at Kakao HQ in their official pvp tournament. They are def aware of the problem, but they don't know how to fix it. 

Of course I know all about it.........

I read all about it from Kakoa's official posts on the forums....................

CRICKETS

Remember when upper management stepped in to communicate this serious issue with the community?

CRICKETS

#another_online_shadow_company

Edited by feebleone

Posted

Of course I know all about it.........

I read all about it from Kakoa's official posts on the forums....................

CRICKETS

Remember when upper management stepped in to communicate this serious issue with the community?

CRICKETS

#another_online_shadow_company

i mean idk what they could tell us. It's just like "Hey the games laggy and desync is a problem. We don't know how to fix it and there's no ETA on a fix"

Posted (edited)

i mean idk what they could tell us. It's just like "Hey the games laggy and desync is a problem. We don't know how to fix it and there's no ETA on a fix"

When this was first brought up their was a lot of argument about whether this was individual users, or ISP providers, or limited to locations.

The only data being revealed about it is coming from the player base and I'm not sure any of it can be verified yet.

For instance whether the issue is limited to certain Channels or not.

I have a feeling that is not the case, but it would be good to know.

At the very least they could announce they are experiencing issues and communicate any steps to the community.

We don't know how to fix it and there's no ETA on a fix"

WRONG:  They should have already taken steps to minimize issues like this.

# Disable the count down timer on Value Packs

# Increase the Exp Rates during the week

# Disable Exp/Crystal destruction on mob death

Don't pretend there is simply "Nothing they can do about it", they CHOOSE to do nothing.

Edited by feebleone

Posted

I don't want this game to take any hints and tips from Star Pyramid Scheme Citizen, thankyouverymuch.

Posted

Don't pretend there is simply "Nothing they can do about it", they CHOOSE to do nothing.

ya that's probs true. i dunno if they could get rid of desync but they could probs do other things to at least make the whole situation more bearable 

Posted

I don't want this game to take any hints and tips from Star Pyramid Scheme Citizen, thankyouverymuch.

Indeed, its so much better when the scam is staring you straight in the face ;)

Posted (edited)

It's not the Communication levels that some help-desk goons (who probably graduated with a sociology degree rather than Computer Science) have personally with us here on the Forums that concerns me.  It's the obvious lack of communication they clearly have with the actual Q&A / Coders / Designers over on "The Peninsula" 

Even with translator scripts or paid translators ... Asian developers have this unique aversion to listening to any Western audiences even when those audiences are trying to force money directly into their pockets.  And it's not some artistic vision either (though they love to claim it is), it's some form of diagnosable & treatable Autism imho

Edited by iller
2 people like this

Posted

It's not the Communication levels that some help-desk goons (who probably graduated with a sociology degree rather than Computer Science) have personally with us here on the Forums that concerns me.  It's the obvious lack of communication they clearly have with the actual Q&A / Coders / Designers over on "The Peninsula" 

Even with translator scripts or paid translators ... Asian developers have this unique aversion to listening to any Western audiences even when those audiences are trying to force money directly into their pockets.  And it's not some artistic vision either (though they love to claim it is), it's some form of Autism imho

damn. that was some real -----in' talk right there. and succinct. 10/10

I do admire that "autistic" blatant disregard to western audiences tho. It's like ore no imouto. Ayase and Kuro neko were CLEARLY best girl, but the writers STILL made main-character-kun get with his sister. They -----in did it. The absolute mad men. Shit taste be damned they stuck with it to the end and made a clearly inferior decision due to sheer will power and steadfast resolve. "autistic" perhaps. Maybe bullheaded. But resolute nonetheless.