• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Buff to DP = Nerf to DP

43 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

DP is insignificant for high AP players, but it become very significant for low AP players. A high DP player will ultimately be a low AP player. As such, a high DP player finds his damage greatly reduced when fighting against high AP or High AP hybrid players, while the AP players see just the slightest difference in their damage output against High DP.

Therefore, any buffs to DP in the current state is a nerf to DP builds.

It's the DP accessories that should be looked into, and given alternate offensive power or scaling readjustment. Give Cadry Rings accuracy.  Make DP accessories that have more stat diversity such as a DP version of a Red Coral Earring (Ridell Earring does not count, please.)

Edited by Despins
3 people like this

Posted

Buff to DP = Nerf to DP

26ufdipQqU2lhNA4g.gif

23 people like this

Posted

Better buff AP.

Posted

what the actual ----- L M A O 

Posted (edited)

Yup. While you may gain a slight buff to survivabily, it is small. The others get buffed by a very similar margin, but the results ends up being::  DP builds have a harder time killing AP builds

You've seen it yourself. I have harder time killing you and you can always escape away, but I am not more tanky than I was.

Edited by Despins

Posted

I lol'd

1 person likes this

Posted

DP builds have a harder time killing AP builds

Isn't that how it's suppose to be? You're built for defense.........lol

Posted

Yup. While you may gain a slight buff to survivabily, it is small. The others get buffed by a very similar margin, but the results ends up being::  DP builds have a harder time killing AP builds

bro I think you're just bad, Im running a dp build and have no problems killing people while not even coming close to dying

like 240 ap+ people in fighting for reference

1 person likes this

Posted

bdomath.jpg

7 people like this

Posted

drugs-are-bad-mmkay_gp_2077245.jpg

Posted

26ufdipQqU2lhNA4g.gif

the guys tried too hard and went full idiot.

Posted

I actually understand what the OP is saying completely. 

But  OP please remember, puff, puff, pass.

*waits anxiously*

2 people like this

Posted

Better buff AP.

I lol'd.

this DP buff counter full AP build.
it's bad for full AP players ( not even THAT bad since they get more DP too ) , good for everyone else.

Posted

Isn't that how it's suppose to be? You're built for defense.........lol

Point is build this defence still does not give results, while cost ability to kill anything.

Posted (edited)

This is why I've said from the very beginning that they needed to focus on giving Critical Resistance to the classes that are sacrificing AP to be tanking rather that just giving an across the board but entirely linear change to DP calculation.

High AP melts through everything for one simple reason:  Crits are way too filthy-casual based in this game and require about as much skill as playing Hanzo

Edited by iller

Posted

Bad title. The idea is that the buff to DP is a nerf to DP builds. Not to DP itself. It means the buff to DP is more beneficial to builds not focusing on DP. Not that it makes DP less efficient.

So if we develop the idea, it implies that the correct move would be to have diminishing returns on AP. That way, you would see a difference between low or high DP in a build, whether you have low or high AP.

OP's idea is actually simple to understand, but yeah, let's rather jump on the formulation and mock him, it's funnier than the actual topic.

3 people like this

Posted

Bad title. The idea is that the buff to DP is a nerf to DP builds. Not to DP itself. It means the buff to DP is more beneficial to builds not focusing on DP. Not that it makes DP less efficient.

So if we develop the idea, it implies that the correct move would be to have diminishing returns on AP. That way, you would see a difference between low or high DP in a build, whether you have low or high AP.

OP's idea is actually simple to understand, but yeah, let's rather jump on the formulation and mock him, it's funnier than the actual topic.

I made a thread before with a "correct" title and got nothing out of it

Posted

That's a way to get AP buffed

I see right through your clever disguise

Posted

flawless logic, at this point i dont even know if you're baiting for replies or just straight up retarded

Posted

I made a thread before with a "correct" title and got nothing out of it

Well, you clickbaited them well here, but you didn't the attention of the brightest specimens! :D

Posted (edited)

No. Honestly, I do not understand when people alway want to fix things by diminishing returns. Diminishing returns sux and leads to nowhere.

Core of the problem is overall damage forua. And fact Damage Reduction have constant multiplier, while AP multiplied by skills %, sometimes by 100% and sometimes by 1000%. What means sacrafice evens small number of AP means huge sacrafice of DMG to get only minor defence boost.

And few less critical issues:

• Far easier to get boss AP items than DP
  • Lack of DP accesory (no DP counterpart for ogre ring)
  • No boss DP offhand (there should be at least full DP shield for tank classes)
  • DP is splited on Evasion and Damage Reduction - completly different stats that does not corelation each other.
Edited by Hekki

Posted (edited)

OP ignore these trolls.  The concept is very clear and reasonable.

Actually quite simple to comprehend for any reasonable person.

A simple solution may be to give DP items a higher value so there is a choice.

Currently

Ring +5 DP or Ring + 5 AP isn't much of a choice

However

Ring +7 DP or Ring +5 AP might be a consideration

Note: This would also apply to enchants so it's not just a 2 pt difference.

This in turn with a formula balance of for PVP.

Turning DP into a % mitigation for example.

The current formula is botched (depending on opponents DP)

185 AP = 1 AP

215 AP = 1 Shot 

Edited by feebleone
3 people like this

Posted

flawless logic, at this point i dont even know if you're baiting for replies or just straight up retarded

Of course a buff to dp is a buff to dp. The issue is that a buff to DP is not to the DP building player's advantage in term of threat and killing power.

A hybrid "40% dmg/60% defensive" or "hybrid 30% dmg / 70% defensive" was meant to counter burst and still show up with a killing power when doing comboes.

Instead, defensive leaning hybrid builds have more difficulty dealing with 70 / 30 hybrids, 80/20 ... 100 / 0 because their natural lower AP no longer meets an acceptable threshold of pressure and damage.

The solution for the defensive hybrid is to include more accuracy and AP in their builds. But, it would means you converge into a more AP offensive hybrid.

I predict a few scenarios. A second round of DP buff like in KR will still favor a high AP build, especially if a AP builds now resists a burst. A defensive hybrid build will lose out because the only big point it had before was to survive the high AP burst that will now be generalized amongst all build. Then, if DP is buffed too much, you will end up with turtles or sponges that never dies --> Zerkers, Ninjas, W and w.

In a sense, DP being garbage was probably better for a DP build when it was the special snowflakes resisting the massive spikes of damage (at least when it did). When this burst survival is generalized, DP builds lose this unique property and lose out in the end due to damage/pressure being lower than before.

Posted

I understand what this man is saying and he is completely correct.

AP and DP both need a total rework honestly. Stats should always have a diminishing return, especially damage and defense stats. And the linear scaling in bdo is horrible sinceAP benefits from skill multipliers and DP does not.

Posted

Just delete +20 and go back to the +15 days

3 people like this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0