• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Buff to DP = Nerf to DP

43 posts in this topic

Posted

From what i have seen dp is worthless in this game you better of with more ap.

Posted (edited)

I made a thread before with a "correct" title and got nothing out of it

So what do you expect out of it when you make the wrong title xD thnx for the laugh, but yeah i guess ppl need to adapt, some classes goes DP build cuz their class allow them to one shot ppl with low ap wink wink and PA knows of this shit so git gud, hopefully more of this in the way.

Edited by SillySin

Posted

soft caps and thats it, even so everybody its more motivated to get max ap for pve, you dont kill stuff fast if you have high dp, you need as much possible fire power you can get.

Posted

Just delete +20 and go back to the +15 days

So I am maxed out in equipment, and levels.

Wonderful idea,  #game_over

Posted

Just delete +20 and go back to the +15 days

I guess you quit 8months ago just came back and saw you needed to play a bit to be relevant again ?
#lazyfck

Posted

26ufdipQqU2lhNA4g.gif

I'm dying omg. 

Posted

You have PEN accessories? Wow that's incredible.

Posted (edited)

DP is insignificant for high AP players, but it become very significant for low AP players. A high DP player will ultimately be a low AP player. As such, a high DP player finds his damage greatly reduced when fighting against high AP or High AP hybrid players, while the AP players see just the slightest difference in their damage output against High DP.

Bold text is where your argument fell apart.

A buff to DP is a buff to DP across the board. So if you are high DP/ Low AP....you will struggle More to kill someone but EVERYONE will struggle more to kill you. Not to mention if your going DP build , Most likely you got alot of Evasion in there as well. WHich mean you can pretty much stand still and go make a sandwich even when a 210 + AP Player attacks you.

That is if we are talking about 330 + DP

Edited by Visnja

Posted

He meant with +15 idea. While i am not to reverse to +15, i am more for balancing PRI to PEN difference.

Posted

Bold text is where your argument fell apart.
A buff to DP is a buff to DP across the board. So if you are high DP/ Low AP....you will struggle More to kill someone but EVERYONE will struggle more to kill you. Not to mention if your going DP build , Most likely you got alot of Evasion in there as well. WHich mean you can pretty much stand still and go make a sandwich even when a 210 + AP Player attacks you.

That is if we are talking about 330 + DP

Yeah. The argument is not made to be 100% argument proof. It's a figure of speech. Mainly, all gets buffed from DP buff, but the DP players get to see a "so-so" benefit from it.

I will not hide that I am a 2x TRI Cadry Ring user. I had made them randomly because I grinded Cadries for level 60. Trust me, they are garbage. I use Nouver to keep the hybrid build on with those rings. At the moment, everytime DP will get buffed, I will most likely remove one DP piece at a time.

At top, I have 190 / 320 dp  with 3783 hp as a witch. I will include a more agressive accessory: even thinking about dropping my TRI centaur belt for a Tree belt

Posted

Posted

I'm dying omg. 

I find it funny too XD.

But Kimochi kinda knows. When I am bored, I go to the Velia dude and track him on Cal 02. After patch, he gets to survive way more than he used to do. 

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no PEN brah.

The discussion was going back to +15 enchants.  If I recall correctly around Duo was max Accessories.

Posted

Gear treadmill is the only thing keeping you in this game? Sad!

1 person likes this

Posted

There is no PEN brah.

The discussion was going back to +15 enchants.  If I recall correctly around Duo was max Accessories.

Uh no are you retarded?

Accessories were always capped at PEN. In fact certain players took advantage of increased droprates to get TRI Witch Earrings, TRI Mark of Shadows, and TRI Ogre Rings during the game's launch.

Yeah that's right, TRI Ogre Rings in the first month.

Posted

OP, Your logic relies on people changing their gear to increase DP. If DP got a buff, the same DP they have now is going to be 'more' DP by default.
Everyone says DP means nothing yet everyone strives for Boss armor. Truth is, DP does matter. Just not enough to influence a gear set.

The real problem right now is, to farm elites at level 52 Iron Mines you need Tri Ultimate level DP or spam extra large pots like a crack whore to manage your health. That leaves very little room for improvement when your gear is +18 of a total possible +20 and you are 10 levels below cap content.

Lowering that bar makes life easier for Developers. With the current Fibonacci style enchant system we are already at the point of impossible. We can't really obtain more DP or AP for that matter, should developers add new, more "difficult" content. The only place they have left to go is turn BDO in to an OW LFG spam.

Posted

Good players adapt their build to the meta.

Bad players cry on the forum to make their build viable.

Posted (edited)

There is no PEN brah.

there is always a Pen. Apple Pen

Edited by Majorapplesauce

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0