• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is it possible to play without the abusive p2w pets?

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Like, seriously this whole pet system is SO cynical, they charge for the game and yet they gut a basic feature (looting) and on top of that they add bonuses like more exp% AND they even have the balls to add RNG to it so they can suck more money out of it with the whole fusing pets to get better tiers BS.

I can't condone this type of ABUSIVE practices seriously because it is what it is and i am wondering if it is posible to just play the game without using pets at all because i am not about to fall for this ABUSIVE CYNICAL mechanic that they added to STEAL money from the players after they already paid for a game.

Posted

No, bye

2 people like this

Posted

u can get free pets from events sometimes, and also ingame rewards from achievements, like... amount of time played and whatnot.  I can honestly say tho - pets are needed.  Once you get to later lvls and grinding becomes something u do for hours on end, if you don't have pets it will seriously hinder your grind speed.

Posted

Like, seriously this whole pet system is SO cynical, they charge for the game and yet they gut a basic feature (looting) and on top of that they add bonuses like more exp% AND they even have the balls to add RNG to it so they can suck more money out of it with the whole fusing pets to get better tiers BS.

I can't condone this type of ABUSIVE practices seriously because it is what it is and i am wondering if it is posible to just play the game without using pets at all because i am not about to fall for this ABUSIVE CYNICAL mechanic that they added to STEAL money from the players after they already paid for a game.

All you need are 4-Level 10 Tier 1's. Which is not that expensive...but this is the MINIMUM requirement. Playing without pets feels like i have OCD manually looting every single mob...

Posted

I played for about 6 months with only the 1 free gave us and I did just fine O.o  but then again I was never in a rush to be at end game or be part of the top player base. If you don't mind not being 100% efficient then you can play without them :o

Posted

Its not theft because its optional.

They have slowed down on the free pets (or pets in bundles) unfortunately. I do think that having pets is more than merely helpful, but just depends on if you want to get upset over it or not.

They aren't really p2w, but surely pay for huge convenience and some nice passives.

Posted (edited)

welcome to bdo

please deposit shekels to unlock game mechanics in a game you already paid for

Edited by Black on Black Violence
2 people like this

Posted

ABUSIVE

Posted

My daughter's cat abuses me regularly. Every night when i go to the kitchen for a snack.........she is waiting around the corner ready to pounce. I told the authorities of the abuse and they just laughed.

Something needs to be done.

But seriously, pet's can come from some events or rewards. Otherwise yes you kind of need them if you dont want to loot manually

Posted

It really depends on what kind of rush you are in.  If you take your time with leveling, you will be ok until the next free event pet comes around.  If you want to have reasonable gear in a short amount of time, the looting will drive you nuts.  You will not be able to loot everything before mobs respawn by the time you are at cultists.

If you are going to be mad every time you have to manually loot a dozen corpses, then you may want to save yourself the aggravation.

Personally, I spent the first month or so with no pets. Then I bought a cat. And then we got 3 pets from events (though you couldn't have both penguins out at the same time, so I mashed them), and you get a choice of cat or dog when you hit 3000 hours played (I think).

Posted

I will NOT buy and fall for this shit because this is just ABUSIVE; I will play for the 7 days trial and see how it goes, but i doubt that will represent the end game grind and all that, and to be honest at first i thought it was all about selling the costumes for silver, but when i actually informed myself about this pet crap; I KNOW now why this game gets so much shit, it deserves it, gutting game mechanics just to charge for them is seriously cynical and abusive, and i honestly could see that in a completely f2p game, but you actually have to pay to play this, and even in a f2p game this would be cynical and abusive as -----.

The game is 5$...you're acting like it's 100$ base cost. It's basically free game...and considering it's the ONLY good MMO on the market i have no problem spending some money on convenience items like pets. 

When I first found out how much convenience pets provide i was a bit salty to. But my options at that point were quit or pay for 3 pets...and I'm glad i payed for the pets cuz I've gotten MUCH more enjoyment from the game than the pets are worth. 

Posted

It really depends on what kind of rush you are in.  If you take your time with leveling, you will be ok until the next free event pet comes around.  If you want to have reasonable gear in a short amount of time, the looting will drive you nuts.  You will not be able to loot everything before mobs respawn by the time you are at cultists.

If you are going to be mad every time you have to manually loot a dozen corpses, then you may want to save yourself the aggravation.

Personally, I spent the first month or so with no pets. Then I bought a cat. And then we got 3 pets from events (though you couldn't have both penguins out at the same time, so I mashed them), and you get a choice of cat or dog when you hit 3000 hours played (I think).

So I have to play 3000 hors to get 1/4 of a mechanic that should be there since I decided to start playing... great.

So to add to the ABUSIVE CYNICAL mechanics the loot disappears fast ON PURPOSE so you can't possibly loot everything manually?

Posted

You can loot manually...just takes time.

Posted

Your posts are abusive, please stop.

2 people like this

Posted

So I have to play 3000 hors to get 1/4 of a mechanic that should be there since I decided to start playing... great.

So to add to the ABUSIVE CYNICAL mechanics the loot disappears fast ON PURPOSE so you can't possibly loot everything manually?

It's not so much that the loot disappears, but if you are not fast enough, the next wave of mobs will respawn while you are still looting.

Posted

The pets are super cute and awesome.

I have a little mini rabbit dressed up as a Knight for the low low price of £18 and I have no ragrets.

My little cat Danny, and Bobo the cute Red Panda and Borris the Pug are cute too. They're all tier 3 so cost £18 each. No ragrets.

Regardless of their loot speed I buy them because they are badass.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not so much that the loot disappears, but if you are not fast enough, the next wave of mobs will respawn while you are still looting.

and why people have the pets

Posted

Look folks, you're welcome to voice your opinions, ideas, and suggestions on the forums in a civil manner that promotes discussion. Using it as a means to launch personal attacks, or shout other opposing opinions down in a disruptive and disrespectful manner is not permitted.

Users who choose to ignore the rules and post in this manner will be fast tracked to a lovely vacation from the forums.

6 people like this