• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

What Class Did You Retire To Join The Darkness ?

What Class Did You Retire To Join The Darkness ?   128 votes

1. 1. What Class Did You Retire ?

• Kunoichi
    • Tamer
    • Ranger
    • Valkyrie
    • Maehwa
    • Musa
    • Ninja
    • I Only Play OP Classes So I Am Sharing Time With My Other OP Class ( Warrior, Wizard, Berserker, Witch, Sorc )

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 posts in this topic

Posted

As Per question

Posted (edited)

Wizard > Ranger > Berserker > Dark Knight > Wizard

Despite my cash stack suffering I grew stronger with every reroll

Edited by Luv

Posted (edited)

Ranger, because DK plays more like what I wanted ranger to be when I started playing when the game came out. I wanted a glass canonn kiting class that's better at group fights than 1v1. DK is more like bow ranger than awakening ranger is. That being said if they ever bring bow back to being a viable alternative to just using the awakening purely I might return to ranger, because while DK is fun it's kind of simple to play. Ranger's complexity and high skill ceiling was what made it fun.

Edited by Noctus

Posted

it will not let me vote on my own poll ( Kuno )

Posted

I don't get the ranger reroll.  Is it because you guys don't like melee?  If i had the patience for using their bow, i'd probably love their awakening.  As it is I almost died of boredom leveling it to 50.

Not a trash class, it's awesome, but I have no idea how to play it right while grinding. ;)

Posted

I don't get the ranger reroll.  Is it because you guys don't like melee?  If i had the patience for using their bow, i'd probably love their awakening.  As it is I almost died of boredom leveling it to 50.

Not a trash class, it's awesome, but I have no idea how to play it right while grinding. ;)

I can't speak for others, but for me it's the departure of the class from its original role. The awakening was originally designed to be the exact opposite of bow to make up for the shortcomings of bow, mainly the lack of mobility, CCs, and having a hard time dealing with classes who can block. it was all well and good at first on the KR server, because the awakening weapon was actually lower damage than bow and mainly was there just for the utility. But at some point in pearl abyss's infinite wisdom, they decided that all awakening weapons have to do significantly more damage than the base weapon. So they nerfed the damage significantly of bow and conversely buffed the awakening to match. The problem is, bow has little to no utility other than call from the sky so there was really little need to use it over awakening. Once bow became second fiddle to awakening and because the styles differ so much the class completely changed in its role. Bow was more of a squishy DPS class that kites around by doing consistent sustained damage to an area. Awakening plays more like a squishy maehwa with a grab, which is more focused on 1v1 fights with really high burst damage and little in the way of sustained damage. Bow was great at group fights but was somewhat weak in 1v1's unless you outgeared your opponent by a relatively large margin. Awakening is the opposite it plays more like an  assassin for hit and run attacks on isolated players and really falls flat in large group fights because of it's like of super armor and squishiness compared to classes like Wizard, Witch, Warrior, Zerker, Valk, etc. that do much better in group fights.

Posted

I see good rangers do work with bow. 

Posted

I can't speak for others, but for me it's the departure of the class from its original role. The awakening was originally designed to be the exact opposite of bow to make up for the shortcomings of bow, mainly the lack of mobility, CCs, and having a hard time dealing with classes who can block. it was all well and good at first on the KR server, because the awakening weapon was actually lower damage than bow and mainly was there just for the utility. But at some point in pearl abyss's infinite wisdom, they decided that all awakening weapons have to do significantly more damage than the base weapon. So they nerfed the damage significantly of bow and conversely buffed the awakening to match. The problem is, bow has little to no utility other than call from the sky so there was really little need to use it over awakening. Once bow became second fiddle to awakening and because the styles differ so much the class completely changed in its role. Bow was more of a squishy DPS class that kites around by doing consistent sustained damage to an area. Awakening plays more like a squishy maehwa with a grab, which is more focused on 1v1 fights with really high burst damage and little in the way of sustained damage. Bow was great at group fights but was somewhat weak in 1v1's unless you outgeared your opponent by a relatively large margin. Awakening is the opposite it plays more like an  assassin for hit and run attacks on isolated players and really falls flat in large group fights because of it's like of super armor and squishiness compared to classes like Wizard, Witch, Warrior, Zerker, Valk, etc. that do much better in group fights.

I think the rangers in my guild would agree, but oddly no understand the truth either.  I have a guild mate who says pretty much everything you do, then turns right around and picks apart two people with their bow, charges in to finish off the third with their blades, then flips away down the street merrily.

Yeah, they get caught and die sometimes, everyone does.  The issue is that the ranger's bow seems to still be pretty damn effective, even with the complaints.

I will now refrain from further derailment, and talking about things I don't know enough about from a first person perspective.  :P

Posted

I started playing Sorc, warrior, and wiz before I knew anything about the game. So I'm not going to cast a vote. I semi-retired my Wizard and fully retired most of my other classes to play DK. I like the style, the mechanics of the skills, and love how it progresses. I went all in, because I enjoy the class. I'm co-lead of a PvE guild, so I didn't really think about PvP when I made up my mind.

Posted

Valk>Sorc>Ninja>DK

Posted

i played other classes to gain required materials for DK i knew last year by december this is what i was going to main :P

Posted

yes I absolutely hate melee 

it's disgusting, feels betrayed 

Posted

yes I absolutely hate melee 

it's disgusting, feels betrayed 

that's too bad.  I've always enjoyed rangers when they're 1 part range, one part melee. This is one of the few games you can do that in and still be effective.

Though...if you're switching to DK and plan to not use any melee, you might be missing out on some good functions of the class.

Posted

that's too bad.  I've always enjoyed rangers when they're 1 part range, one part melee. This is one of the few games you can do that in and still be effective.

Though...if you're switching to DK and plan to not use any melee, you might be missing out on some good functions of the class.

I'm still gonna use some melee skills playing DK, it's mandatory for PVP, but mainly I would be long range DPS that is what I wanted to do with ranger in the first place. ranger awk is biggest BS in BDO imo seriously nobody signed up for melee BS when they picked ranger.

Posted

Ranger, because DK plays more like what I wanted ranger to be when I started playing when the game came out. I wanted a glass canonn kiting class that's better at group fights than 1v1. DK is more like bow ranger than awakening ranger is. That being said if they ever bring bow back to being a viable alternative to just using the awakening purely I might return to ranger, because while DK is fun it's kind of simple to play. Ranger's complexity and high skill ceiling was what made it fun.

Ranger, high skill ceiling? Joking right?

Posted

Ranger, high skill ceiling? Joking right?

No class other than bow ranger has so many different skills they have to master. Every ability they use is either a combination of multiple skills and/or animation cancels.

Posted

No class other than bow ranger has so many different skills they have to master. Every ability they use is either a combination of multiple skills and/or animation cancels.

Really? Go tell that to a good Ninja. One who properly uses pre-awakening and awakening. Hell, tell that to a pro tamer too. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

i'll be playing both DK & Zerker when im back on the game. I can share my Nouver & the rest of my gear, it's a good set up.

I'm very excited to have a play with the awakening. always wanted a ranged class for node wars.

Edited by choovanski

Posted

Really? Go tell that to a good Ninja. One who properly uses pre-awakening and awakening. Hell, tell that to a pro tamer too. 

So what you're trying to tell is ranger require no skills? are you from 2016?

Posted

I retired my RL to return to the game and play DK :D

Posted

I  abandonned my Wizard lvl57, so far DK is garbage in PVE at lvl56. I dont know its weird, the skills sometimes dont really hit the pack well, like you use Spirit Legacy and a few mobs still have full HP... Also the cooldowns are super long, S+LMB is the skill that is suposed to give HP back but its garbage also, its slow as -----.

On the other hand it's a -----ing beast in PvP.

Posted

Witch>Ranger>Valk>Sorc>Valk>Sorc>Witch>Kuno>Ranger>Giant>Kuno>Witch>Warrior>Dark Knight
I was very indecisive while choosing a class 

1 person likes this

Posted

Witch>Ranger>Valk>Sorc>Valk>Sorc>Witch>Kuno>Ranger>Giant>Kuno>Witch>Warrior>Dark Knight
I was very indecisive while choosing a class

Then you have not played a class long enough to understand it and enjoy it.

Posted

Valk>Valk

Posted

So what you're trying to tell is ranger require no skills? are you from 2016?

"No class other than bow ranger has so many different skills they have to master. Every ability they use is either a combination of multiple skills and/or animation cancels." - Noctus

All classes require some sort of skill level; Noctus was implying ranger required more skill than ALL classes. He's dead f_cking wrong lol. This dude obviously hasn't played/mastered any other class.