• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Safespace aka PVE channel

130 posts in this topic

Posted

I say let's have all three options.

A dedicated PVP anywhere server for all the gankers

A PVE dedicated server  for us carebears

and the existing mixed server too

It's all easily possible, would make everyone happy and gave maximum choice to everyone - after all they do keep coming out with 'play your way'.

But the level 49.99 argument is nonsense. By doing so you would miss most of what's on offer and why should anyone miss  what you've paid for?

What if anyone who wanted or did PVP had to stop at level 49.99 - just saying!

1 person likes this

Posted

No

he want, like many, a game where you just dont have that cancer and pointless pvp parody.

pvp in this game is pretty fake with pots, skewed ap & dp scaling + values, rng in pvp and some classes having heavy matchups

any hate on world pvp fundamentally just reeks of a pver and arena fanboy though

Posted (edited)

Would not mind PvE channels but then they should buff XP on the open channels maybe 50-100% all the time and some changes to the rules in World PvP.

1st death - Same as now maybe with some less karma penalty for the attacker.
2nd death - Respawn in major town or take 2% xp penalty to spawn at node and no karma loss for attacker
3rd death - Respawn in major town or take 5% xp penalty to spawn at node and no karma loss for attacker
4th death - Might as well make the character die permanent if you keep going back for more :)

Maybe add some timers so you can wait in town for 30min and then try go back and get revenge.

Edited by Nekhii

Posted

Yes, as weabo as it sounds, I really wish we had PVE channel where people can gather, fish, etc in piece while being semi-afk or just enjoying grind. I never understood open world pvp as it just a attracts gankers and trolls. There's much civilized way to play pvp by inviting to duel and not attack while I'm in gathering outfit gathering water.

I imagine it would be very fun when you are grinding and a group takes over your spot and there's nothing you can do apart from trash talking.

Posted

The people who ask for PvE channel for grinding have no idea...

I used to farm at Crescents, in the desert not many people decided to flag up because even if they kill them they become bandits and will just go to jail if killed. Basicly had maybe 2 fights in 3 weeks so it was almost like the idylla you asked(some may disagree but that is my experience). But ocasionly some people will try to steal mob kills from rotation I choose, I could  flag up but then I'm the bad guy and well, you know the drill.

But when someone started to do that I just followed them and killed every bunch of mobs they targeted before they could. 5-10 mintues and everyone were changing channel. I was strong enough to do that.

Now imagine if someone like that went to your channel and just relieved you of your mob kills. And you can't do anything about it. Basicly there would be wizards on horser running around some grinds spots just spamming their AOE around. Sounds like fun.

Posted

What if anyone who wanted or did PVP had to stop at level 49.99 - just saying!

LOL i would be so happy about that :D No need to grind so much as there would be kinda a "max-level".

Posted

I was also hoping that by writing on this forum we could get something done, but still no PvE chanel. So I'm camping in Calpheon, fishing, cooking, proccessing and expanding my node empire.

It feels like I'm playing Sim City lol

But I understand that kako would have at least 40% income loss if they would make PvE chanel. Trust me I calculated it.

Posted

I was also hoping that by writing on this forum we could get something done, but still no PvE chanel. So I'm camping in Calpheon, fishing, cooking, proccessing and expanding my node empire.

It feels like I'm playing Sim City lol

But I understand that kako would have at least 40% income loss if they would make PvE chanel. Trust me I calculated it.

You have real anxiety problems. You know, you can PvE all day outside towns and not get killed a single time.

Posted

Nah we don't need Wiz only channels. 

Posted

You have real anxiety problems. You know, you can PvE all day outside towns and not get killed a single time.

I do have problems ... never said otherwise. Sorry for not being perfect.

But the real reason that I'm only in cities doesn't have to do anything with pvp ... I simply got borred of grinding. For now. But I still support suggestion for PvE only channels for nobs like me. Because why the hell not.

Posted (edited)

pvp in this game is pretty fake with pots, skewed ap & dp scaling + values, rng in pvp and some classes having heavy matchups

any hate on world pvp fundamentally just reeks of a pver and arena fanboy though

Or any "hate" on world pvp fundamentally just reeks ppl looking for real pvp challenge, instead of ppl just look to compare their RNG gear 2 no skill pvp win.

I still think a Life Skill only Channel, can be a decent suggestion to implement (not a life skiller myself)

its still no what  the OP have requested so far.

Edited by woots

Posted

Id be ok with a non pvp channel if there was no mobs. 

To add to this life skill xp should be reduced as well as no drop rate for weapon/armor shards. Auto fish timer should also be increased as well. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, as weabo as it sounds, I really wish we had PVE channel where people can gather, fish, etc in piece while being semi-afk or just enjoying grind. I never understood open world pvp as it just a attracts gankers and trolls. There's much civilized way to play pvp by inviting to duel and not attack while I'm in gathering outfit gathering water.

Calling something you dislike "troll" is millennial retardation. This is a sandbox open world game with open pvp......go play a different game. It's like me going to world of warcraft and demanding it to be a hardcore EvE Online sandbox, it's illogical.

People are truly mentally retarded when they play MMOS and demand some sort of balanced Esport pvp game and cry about open world pvp on a open world sandbox mmo.

MMOS are about character development/progression, the pvp is not designed to be some skill/balanced based experience. The fun of open world sandbox games is the thrill of pure chaos. Go play a pure pvp game FPS/RTS/MOBA for a more skill based pvp experience.

Edited by HownyKorean

Posted

Man, you guys wouldn't have touched a MMO if you started 10 years ago. The classic MMOs would have tore your asses apart. BDO is just like those old school ones. Adapt or simply go to the 654984515165 other MMOs 

1 person likes this

Posted

Or any "hate" on world pvp fundamentally just reeks ppl looking for real pvp challenge, instead of ppl just look to compare their RNG gear 2 no skill pvp win.

not really

Posted

and anyone who has an interest in genuine skill based pvp. 

Posted

PvE channel should come with with 50% less silver, exp, no field/world bosses, and no sharps/hards.

Posted

and anyone who has an interest in genuine skill based pvp. 

reread what I said

if you think arena is genuine skill based pvp you don't know what skill is

Posted

I do have problems ... never said otherwise. Sorry for not being perfect.

But the real reason that I'm only in cities doesn't have to do anything with pvp ... I simply got borred of grinding. For now. But I still support suggestion for PvE only channels for nobs like me. Because why the hell not.

Bcs its stupid idea... As was said thousands of times already...

Posted

reread what I said

if you think arena is genuine skill based pvp you don't know what skill is

i don't think i said anywhere it wasn't, just seemed limited to assume only arena players are interested in skillful combat. 

Posted

Bcs its stupid idea... As was said thousands of times already...

So what if it's stupid, as long as it makes players happy.

Posted

I'd like a PvE channel.  Full mobs, full everything except for the open world PvP.  If UO can do it with Trammel, BDO can do it too.

Posted (edited)

i don't think i said anywhere it wasn't, just seemed limited to assume only arena players are interested in skillful combat. 

They aren't and that's what I was pointing out, it's typical of criticizing pvers and arena fanboys to slander world pvp because the arena fanboys want their form of pvp to be the most legitimate and the points with their score system helps them validate it, while pvers and a lot of people on the losing end of the stick only focus on the bad apples of the bunch when it comes to world pvp- being the people who legitimately try to attack people less strong than them because they can't compete or get a high out of it just like hacking.

The arena = skill or rating = skill is a false equivalence or understanding of what skill is, it's a hideous caricature of understanding that some people fall for.

Edited by Nyhver
+accuracy

Posted

Man, you guys wouldn't have touched a MMO if you started 10 years ago. The classic MMOs would have tore your asses apart. BDO is just like those old school ones. Adapt or simply go to the 654984515165 other MMOs 

What classics MMOs are you talking about?

Still the best PvP MMO ever made is Dark Age of Camelot and nothing have ever even come close again.