• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Safespace aka PVE channel

130 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

You dont like pvp? Dont go to contested  Grind spots.

The best drops are at grind spots. Guess what? PvE players can use that stuff too. If you like the turf war, king of the hill, or survival of the fittest, do it in specified channels. There are actual bragging rights then. Slaughtering Carebears and AFKers is mostly all I see now. PvE channels have merit. Suggesting that we deny a significant group of the player base the grind zones in a grind game is sheer stupidity.

I paid a Korean guy some money and he told me I can go anywhere I want.

Edited by oR-Bishop

Posted

But this isn't a pvp game. In pvp games death has consequences. Due to how this game is setup there will never be consequential pvp unless a rated arena is added. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Veteran geared players control the boss gear and weapon market because they can consistently make high loot table. They also control all the best grind spots, which is access to the best silver, combat and skill XP. When we have this many new and returning players, the system is rigged for them to never catch up and have an even shot in PvP. A safe environment for them to get what they need without interruption isn't a lot to ask. Players who trash on this idea are insecure and are just trying to keep the competition down and unable to contribute to a fight in any meaningful way.  

Id be ok with a non pvp channel if there was no mobs. 

PvE = Player vs Mobs, not Player vs Trees. You are really suggesting no mobs for these players?  This game has dueling, node wars & conquest, red battlefield, arenas, and oPvP. Apparently that's not enough. You greedy bastards want it all and leave them with nothing and no place to hide. They are just asking for SOME of the oPvP channels to be PvE only. 

Edited by oR-Bishop

Posted

What classics MMOs are you talking about?

Still the best PvP MMO ever made is Dark Age of Camelot and nothing have ever even come close again.

My personal favorite, Lineage II. I have so many fond memories of that game. In L2 I had people run up to me and try to kill me, Sometimes they got me sometimes I got them. I have had pkers try to pk me plenty in that game as well. Very few succeeded but if they did my grind session turned into a hunting session for their gear. I also had many skirmishes over great xp spots in that game as well. Made alot of friends and enemies in that game and when it was time to move on it was saddening I never found a MMO that came close to my time on that game. BDO is the closest thing to it and now we got these people who are scared shit at the thought that someone can kill them out of nowhere and they want to change that. If they played L2 back then they would have probably never touched another mmo again.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

not really

You mean : Totaly.

Especialy in that game with such big gear power disparity and where the "pvp win" is determined at 95% by your gear power 

The 5 other % might be the rare situation where you have a gear """balanced"""" situation, that will, in any case be fked up by the class balance issue. xD And all other dumb setting you spoke about.

=> no challenge, pve grind & RNG luck ( and FOTM OP class ) will tell you if you can do something in pvp or not. Rarely saw such unchallening & uninteresting pvp.

Edited by woots

Posted

This game would be better served using competition, PvE as the form of PvP anyway. Using points systems and ranks to determine top player and guild status. I don't know why they felt dps'ing each other in the face with nor purpose was a better avenue.

Posted

I can see a PvE server being abused in one aspect, afk fishing in known coelacanth hotspots. People don't do it now because there is an actual risk of doing it.

Posted

I'd be fine with a PvE channel in whatever form they want to give it to us. 

Ideas:

1) One-way transfer and you can't participate in PvP ever. No node wars, battlegrounds, etc. ***One-way means you CANNOT transfer back to regular channels***

2) One-way transfer with consensual PvP and no PK. We can participate in node wars, battlegrounds, arena, dueling, etc - but there is no PKing. 

3) No mobs. (Not ideal, but at least we can life skill in peace. It's better than nothing)

I also think that having a karma-free PvP channel might give hardcore PvPers somewhere to play.

We *NEED* Valencia mobs to be as profitable as sausans or pirates. I really hope that Kamasylvian lands fix this, but I am hearing that Korean players are still grinding at sausans and pirates instead. 

Balance your game areas!!! >< Higher level areas should be MORE profitable, not less!

1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, as weabo as it sounds, I really wish we had PVE channel where people can gather, fish, etc in piece while being semi-afk or just enjoying grind. I never understood open world pvp as it just a attracts gankers and trolls. There's much civilized way to play pvp by inviting to duel and not attack while I'm in gathering outfit gathering water.

there is safespaces in BDO , it's called safe zone and you flash green when you enter one.
have fun !

How do you resolve conflicts over xp spots on a PvE channel?

you don't, you come complain on the forum that someone should do something because someone else decided to grind you out of your grind spot and pvp is disabled .

and anyone who has an interest in genuine skill based pvp. 

reread what I said

if you think arena is genuine skill based pvp you don't know what skill is

and if you play MMOs to have '' skills based pvp '' you're doing it wrong.

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, as weabo as it sounds, I really wish we had PVE channel where people can gather, fish, etc in piece while being semi-afk or just enjoying grind. I never understood open world pvp as it just a attracts gankers and trolls. There's much civilized way to play pvp by inviting to duel and not attack while I'm in gathering outfit gathering water.

What you don't understand is that more of the player base are gankers/trolls than civilized plebs. And i wouldn't change a thing...

Posted

Yes, a safespace, just what this game needs. 

gutsbait.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't we have enough safe spaces in real life anyway? 

Posted

Id be ok with a non pvp channel if there was no mobs. 

lol, PvE players contribute more to the market than PvP only players. Most Pkers and Griefers do nothing to contribute to the market but annoy others, specially those on smaller starting guilds. Most of the resources found on the market are produced/farmed/fish by PvE players.

Posted

lol, PvE players contribute more to the market than PvP only players. Most Pkers and Griefers do nothing to contribute to the market but annoy others, specially those on smaller starting guilds. Most of the resources found on the market are produced/farmed/fish by PvE players.

Prove it. I would like to see actual statistics that prove that.

Posted

please quit carebear

Posted (edited)

If there weren't any lions in the world the African savanna would be overrun by the gazelle.  What I mean is... you would end up being griefed by your own kind who would just farm right on top of your camps, ignore the threat of PVP, and so on.  You need PVP in this game or BDO would be a worthless pile.

Edited by Proto

Posted (edited)

Im ok with going 100 percent pve. Since I play other games for my PVP enjoyment. I wouldnt mind having my account tagged as strictly pve and never having the option to go pvp. I dont mind being "griefed" by my own kind. Its not any different from the real world. When you fish at a lake. And another person fishes at the same lake right next to you. You just say, hey whats up buddy. Nice weather huh? And just chill. You dont stab him in the neck.

Edited by AlexHuaTIan

Posted

I can see a PvE server being abused in one aspect, afk fishing in known coelacanth hotspots. People don't do it now because there is an actual risk of doing it.

Would that even be worth it? A coelacanth spot despawns after the first cast. So if you are not there using a triple-float and energy, you are not optimally using it.

And how long do they take to respawn?

It would probably be better to just go fish in the ocean and catch a Coelacanth naturally.

Posted (edited)

I'd be fine with a PvE channel in whatever form they want to give it to us. 

Ideas:

1) One-way transfer and you can't participate in PvP ever. No node wars, battlegrounds, etc. ***One-way means you CANNOT transfer back to regular channels***

2) One-way transfer with consensual PvP and no PK. We can participate in node wars, battlegrounds, arena, dueling, etc - but there is no PKing. 

3) No mobs. (Not ideal, but at least we can life skill in peace. It's better than nothing)

All ridiculous.

You are implying that PvE players have an advantage against PvP ones if they get to level and grind without hindrance. That's not the case. In fact, PvP players who harass lower level and lower geared players are the ones playing unfairly. There is literally no chance for a new player to gear up for PvP and be competitive with currently geared players. Gear is everything now. Level and actual combat skill are a distant second.

If your aim is to deny players gear and XP to remain relevant then you're just a bad player. Stop calling yourself a PvPer. Your aim should be to get some good fights on equal footing and make way for players to rise to that level.

Edited by oR-Bishop

Posted (edited)

But what about the safe space for pk crowd? They need a way to keep people below them without any real challenges, otherwise their fragile egos might shatter. 

Not to mention once the easy prey goes away there going to have to pvp opponents that will actually fight back. Which is a big no no because they might get rekt in the progress >.> 

Don't we have enough safe spaces in real life anyway? 

According liberals no the whole world needs to be a safe space >.>

Edited by Dalenos

Posted (edited)

You mean : Totaly.

Especialy in that game with such big gear power disparity and where the "pvp win" is determined at 95% by your gear power 

The 5 other % might be the rare situation where you have a gear """balanced"""" situation, that will, in any case be fked up by the class balance issue. xD And all other dumb setting you spoke about.

=> no challenge, pve grind & RNG luck ( and FOTM OP class ) will tell you if you can do something in pvp or not. Rarely saw such unchallening & uninteresting pvp.

No, I don't mean that, you're taking something to mean something it doesn't. Arena can have those same problems, too, it's the gameplay that determines how much skill there is or can be, arena vs. world pvp is flawed as a concept when it comes to "it has skill" because they both are just substrate of the fundamentals of the game. That's what determines skill, not arena, not world pvp. 

there is safespaces in BDO , it's called safe zone and you flash green when you enter one.have fun !

you don't, you come complain on the forum that someone should do something because someone else decided to grind you out of your grind spot and pvp is disabled .

and if you play MMOs to have '' skills based pvp '' you're doing it wrong.

Ok, glad that we solved the canard of MMOs having skill or that they should have skill, skill means very little in MMOs. I guess we should all go to being pvers since pvp has little value

Edited by Nyhver

Posted

Does anyone know you need to PVE before you can even begin to PVP... This is a PVE game with added late PVP elements.. Get it right KEKEKEKEKEKEKE

Posted (edited)

Arena can have those same problems, too, it's the gameplay that determines how much skill there is or can be, arena vs. world pvp is flawed as a concept when it comes to "it has skill" because they both are just substrate of the fundamentals of the game. That's what determines skill, not arena, not world pvp. 

You do release that you dont need to be in a arena situation to have a skill based pvp right ? 

GW2, even if ofc not perfect, because no game can be, still provide a ""open world"" pvp with the world vs world, in a balanced situation. Even Battlefield games can be considered as skill based game, and its still not an arena pvp.

=> "Open world" pvp isnt a flawed concept. The flaw are just coming from the devs settings up stupid things.

-95% RNG gear2 win

- broken AP - DP balance ( even if they look to try to do something about, more or less )

- RNG CC resist

- Broken class balance

And somes others things.

Players itself ( so skill ) barely matter ( whatever the BDO pvp situation ) the pvp win condition is at 95% determined by your RNG luck ( RNG gear ) and mindless pve grind ( To supply your RNG gear gambling attempt & character lvl )

Not also saying, the BDO gameplay, if you remove the gear 2 win, you tweak the way CC resist work ( i doubt it would be so hard to add some active CC break on skills, or like BnS set particular skill for CC break aviable only when you are CC ) A little tweak on the Iframe spam for all class ( that's kinda absurd )

You could have a skill based pvp.  BDO base gameplay isnt that much the issue, is all the dumb RNG & powercreep layer on top that is fking up everything.

Edited by woots

Posted

d27.jpg

I once had someone point out the flaw in this bait picture so I am obligated to do the same. The picture has gilgamesh's ability 'the gates of babylon' shown while it has Archers incantation on the side. The two characters are mixed up. 

p.s. fate is bad

Posted

The problem with a pve only channel is all the highest geared people, who aren't actively looking to kill someone, will go to these channels and take all the good grind areas. With their gear, you won't out farm them, and so you are still stuck with sub-par grind areas.