• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unrealistic Aspects.

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been in BDO for over a year now. And it is THE BEST MMORPG, I've ever played. It blows the pants off WoW, which I played for 11+ years. BDO has tons of things to do, and it really lives up to the phrase: "Too much to do", which is a wonderful problem to have. It takes many pages to list the good parts of BDO.

Sadly, I have a few issues with BDO, that are "Unrealistic Aspects", which I wish could be fixed. I say unrealistic, as opposed to just 100% kludgy/broken, as these are game dev decision based issue, and not just pure code, as far as I am concerned.

A#1 - Ranged DPS in unrealistic). Ranged-dps in BDO, is astronomically GIMPED. The unrealistic gimpness comes mostly from ranged-dps with classes being WAY WAY WAY too short, like 40 yards, where in real life, something like bow/arrow would be 150 yards. If its not the range, then the ranged-dps does way too little damage. If not that, then the ranged-dps has piss-poor targeting means, coupled with unrealistic movement speed of enemies. If not those, then the ranged dps is literally too slow in getting to a target, that unless the enemy is in short range, they will easily move away from it. If not those, then the ranged-dps has such unreliable dmg/CC because of iframes/lag/super-speed/evasion that it useless to try and use it. And if still none of the above are at fault, then there is likely some GIMPNESS added, like when you use a ranged-dps attack, you move forward, thus making it impossible to use the ranged-dps attack consistently while standing on a ledge, cause you'd fall off.

Lag/Iframes/Rubber-Banding) This of course is technically related, but while I may not blame BDO's 100% for it, I do blame them 100% for how so much time has passed on this issue, to there being no significant fix and it seems that it is getting worse. A prime example of how this issue has progressed is when going into a Node War, where all NPC enemy mobs had been removed, MINUTES earlier, to get such horrible lag/iframe when the Node war starts, and have the lag/iframe badness linger for the first 15 minutes, so much so, that we have to exit the game, and relog in, to hopefully have the lag/iframe issue go away. Well, this is getting OLD. I won't even go into the rubber-banding from just walking, let alone teleporting, riding one's horse, etc.

- - This is so old now, we just expect it now like an aspect of the game. A very UN-FUN and unrealistic aspect of the game.

- - This really hurts the pvp fun in the game especially, and if nothing else, it needs to be a priority of the devs to fix sooner.

Laying Mines) The mini-game for laying mines which is the same mini-game used for farming, is VERY unrealistic. The concept of, you can ONLY target a perfectly square area, to lay down a mine, is not realistic, let alone the kludgy manner of how it works. And then there is the limit of 3 at a time. Not only is that unrealistically TOO LITTLE, but to find out that you can't lay a mine until AFTER you try, to then find out you have too many laid out, is also unrealistically, not fun. Also, to only find out AFTER trying to lay out a mine, that something is in the spot, that was there when you first started laying out the mine, is also, not realistic, no fun.

Character/Gear Level Disparity) This is of course, a huge issue, near and dear to everyone. To have such a power disparity between players, when one player is 1 level higher than another is ASTRONOMICALLY UNREALISTIC. A level 51 player, or equal gear, should only be 1% (ONE PERCENT) more powerful, than a level 50 player, of equal gear. And likewise with gear. But instead, level 60 vs level 59 is more like GOD vs dirt. Everyone has complained about this, and it TOTALLY disenfranchises everyone when considering to do pvp.

Housing Monopolies) Right now, people who played Credit Card Millionaire and bought perhaps thousands of dollars worth of housing knick-knacks, have house scores like 30K+ where it will be IMPOSSIBLE for poor folks, to ever do anything in game to catch up, coupled with there are only now so many houses in game anyway, let alone in any one town, further coupled with the merge a few months ago that reduced the possible number of houses to player ratio. This completely negates an aspect of the game. Don't even bother, unless you are RICH in real life, and are willing to but perhaps thousands of dollars of pearls.

Warp Speed Movement On Some Classes) I do not know which classes have this, but the ones that can ZOOM in from MAX MAX MAX range, HIT, CC, and HURT an enemy, and then ZOOM back out to MAX MAX MAX range, in literally 3 to 5 seconds, and be able to do this ALL THE TIME, are completely unrealistic. Throw is just a little lag, and they be 1 level higher than an enemy, and the enemy is TOAST on contact. This issue goes back to the unrealistic ranged-dps and the unrealistic level-disparity, of course, but it is just unrealistic for this to exist at all. Very poor decision. It highly demoralizes those without the ability. We know, that if we are of equal or less level/gear-score, that we are TOAST, and we can't hide, and we can't run.

Super Armor on Wiz/Wit) This seems to be a curse on mage classes with MMORPG games. Mages (Wizard, Witches, etc) are supposed to be glass cannons. But, as time progresses, the devs make changes to GIMP this somehow, and just expect everyone to accept it. Right now, Wiz/Wit are Super-Armored-Spinning-Claymore-Mines, with a 5 yard kill radius. Its simply not realistic, and has made many people quite upset with Wiz in particular, as being OP, and we know the moment the Super-Armor gets even slightly pinched, our class is going to be unplayable.

- - This issue goes back to the ranged-dps situation, but there was obviously some deep soul searching by the devs to do this, and they changed the class to literally be the opposite of what it should be.

Keyboard Sequences for Abilities) I thank to GOD we have Quick Slots, cause this issue would make the game 100% unplayable by me personally. The game design, to have such weirdness like SHIFT F RMB, or S LMB and RMB, or Q in AWK mode to do one thing, but Q in non AWK mode to do something else, was very kludgy. Very unrealistic to jam so much similar key bindings to too many abilities, with no option, to be able to TURN THEM OFF OR CHANGE THEM. The game should let us completely toss the dev-dictated key bindings 1000000% out the door. We should be able to pick the ability, and specify WHICHEVER key binding we want, and not have to worry about AWK mode, vs non AWK mode, vs did I press the LMB with SHIFT and S or not.

Not being able to determine the sex of a horse before catching it). Various "Look under the hood" jokes pop into mind.

Way too few breeding chances per horse). Seriously, 1 breeding chance per female.

Gear Drop Rates from Bosses). This is perhaps the saddest unrealistic aspect of my list.  It is of course the most sad in regards to the scroll bosses. The drop rate for gear is simply unrealistically too low. It has to be something like .1% (POINT ONE %) or lower.

Not all gathering things can be gathered by workers) Logs and stones of course being the biggest unrealistic issues.

----------------

In closing, I want to re-emphasize, BDO is an AWESOME game. Despite the above, this is the best place to be for a fantasy MMORPG, as far as I know, by a ASTRONOMICAL longshot. And my list above is not 100% complete, but I'm stopping here. All of the above, including the lag/iframe/rubber-banding are as far as I am concerned, dev decision issues, for the most part.

Edited by Noixi
5 people like this

Posted

Go away, I disagree with everything you said 

1 person likes this

Posted

How can you disagree with everything he said, are you telling me you can't tell the sex of a horse by looking at it?

1 person likes this

Posted

the most unrealistic thing is that i can murder people 6+ times in a civilised area of the world without any problems and the guards just look at my bloody fists and say 'ayyy m8 i see what ye did, imma gunna give ya 5 more chances at least cuz ye look like a straight guy', yet in the supposed Lawless lands even 1 PK and sudden magical fairy guards have me made.

Posted

Not being able to determine the sex of a horse before catching it). Various "Look under the hood" jokes pop into mind.

Way too few breeding chances per horse). Seriously, 1 breeding chance per female.

Not all gathering things can be gathered by workers) Logs and stones of course being the biggest unrealistic issues.

Very TRUE

can i add that guard behaviour is unrealistic : if you kill something or steal something they have to change into aggressive state (for a short period)  IMHO (not only if you are red)

ùSamething for other NPC : if i kill your ship, at least they should attack me ..

it is not a big change but it make game better :D

2 people like this

Posted

When you die you come back to karma bomb that 's not realistic ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 person likes this

Posted

Unrealistic dps is only unrealistic because you view it by comparing it to our world. Want realistic dmg there are games that do this. If we're talking realistic then after a hit from an axe of a 2,5m  giant you wouldn't be standing. Wouldn't even need a second swing. We have magical teleportatioons, superhuman reflexes while evading and hit's supported by magical energy most of the time. How realistic is a meteor hitting some guys shield and the guy lives through it and is not a bloody stain on the ground.

mines - yeah let people mine all they want, it won't lag a server out of existance when they all go kaboom after musa passes :D .

Character level diffrence is really not like you described, If it was some people would be able to take nodes with 1 party. It was like that some time ago but they nerfed it heavilly, you probably hit a guy who had a lot better GS then you so you felt weak. On lv 50-57 AP can scale from 100 to 200 depending on the persons luck on enchanting (or his previous characters).

And those things you described afterwards really say a lot about you as a player. Only one quote comes to mind: "You know nothing John Snow". You even say it yourself that you don't know witch class teleports/zooms to you CC/kill you and teleport/zooms out. Maybe i was a mosquito?

Realistic physics with elfs, dragons and magic. Yup great concept.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Unrealistic? No -----ing way!?

In this game, I breed haystacks. I BREED HAYSTACKS.

I. BREED. HAYSTACKS.

ZsqVj41.jpg

Edited by zhagsten
4 people like this

Posted

Talking about "unrealistic" things in a fantasy game is like watching an adult movie and complaining that there are kinky stuffs in it and no plot, but i get what you mean, i'd say that this game has a solid exoskeleton with lots of contents that are poorly developed tho.

Posted (edited)

Character/Gear Level Disparity) This is of course, a huge issue, near and dear to everyone. To have such a power disparity between players, when one player is 1 level higher than another is ASTRONOMICALLY UNREALISTIC. A level 51 player, or equal gear, should only be 1% (ONE PERCENT) more powerful, than a level 50 player, of equal gear. And likewise with gear. But instead, level 60 vs level 59 is more like GOD vs dirt. Everyone has complained about this, and it TOTALLY disenfranchises everyone when considering to do pvp.

I've destroyed level 61's on my 59 in almost 1 or 2 skills because of gear and knowing how to combo correctly(skill) so this point isn't correct. 

Also. Since when did a fantasy MMO need...realism? 

Edited by Catclaw

Posted

While we're on unrealistic - I wish they'd sort out the wagon animations.

They tip up and the horses run uphill with their knees in the earth. Man I hate that!

Oh and the sailing animations too - you only turn the wheel when you turn while stationary - rubbish

I do love the game though.

Posted

BDO

AWESOME

ASTRONOMICAL

ABUSIVE

PESSIMISM

PETS

ABUSIVE

I had to

Posted

The level mechanics is just more proof to me, this game was never meant to be a PvP game. In a PvE scenario putting 20% accuracy penalties on a character for fighting mobs a level above them has reasoning behind it. They take longer to kill and give better experience. When you port that in to your PvP code, line for line and throw in a forced PvP mechanic on top of that it spells doom.

Posted

You don't want to be a "real life" archer in this game. 

Posted

This is a high fantasy MMORPG things cannot be realistics because well magic and stuff but mainly because of gameplay balance.

But you also put your complaints in there. Okay..

Posted

And of course, thread will be derailed because of trolls, as usual. Everything good, complaint or not, is considered blasphemy....And again, as every other GOOD post, is going to shit because of taunting and trolling. Same with suggestions. 

On topic. You have many good points, and devs whould look into those. I mostly agree with level problems, maybe not 1% between levels, but not extreme as now. You are absolutely right people don't like to go into Node Wars because of problems it presents. Level, and extreme lucky/unlucky gap with gear enchant.

Posted

This thread is bad.

And we should all feel bad for posting in this.

Including myself.

Posted

The very first thing you see when you start BDO is a black fuzzball with glowing red eyes start talking gibberish to you.  From then on realism is out the window IMO.

1 person likes this

Posted

Unrealistic things in fantasy games can always be explained with magic.

1 person likes this

Posted

Unrealistic aspects? We got freaking Valkyries dropping spears of light from no where on people. We also got horses faster then jets ANNNNNNNNNNNNNND we have people shooting ice, thunder and fire from a long tree stick. 

Posted

I personally love the key combinations.

I only use the quickslots for potions, costume pieces or skills that aren't hot keys.

But I can understand the rest of the points except the horse stuff.

Posted

I mean, I don't disagree that the game has some wonky key combos, though I was surprised that you didn't list the one that personally gets me almost every time. Which is, as a Musa, going from a forward chase, which is w+rmb, and having to switch to e+s for blind slash coming out of the chase animation. All the combos you listed are actually relatively easy to accomplish. At least, for me personally, though quick slots hurt you in the long run most of the time as they tend to negate the ability to animation cancel into them.

Posted

Keyboard Sequences for Abilities) I thank to GOD we have Quick Slots, cause this issue would make the game 100% unplayable by me personally. The game design, to have such weirdness like SHIFT F RMB, or S LMB and RMB, or Q in AWK mode to do one thing, but Q in non AWK mode to do something else, was very kludgy. Very unrealistic to jam so much similar key bindings to too many abilities, with no option, to be able to TURN THEM OFF OR CHANGE THEM. The game should let us completely toss the dev-dictated key bindings 1000000% out the door. We should be able to pick the ability, and specify WHICHEVER key binding we want, and not have to worry about AWK mode, vs non AWK mode, vs did I press the LMB with SHIFT and S or not.

Where I agree with a few points regarding drop rates, horse breed and gathering.... Honestly man this is possibly one of the worst things I have heard to date.

One of my favourite features in this game is the lack of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or whatever for skill usage, that is what makes the combat so visceral and what makes this game stand out from others (for me personally) so if this isn't a feature that you enjoy then why did you choose BDO? I understand there are many other aspects of the game that people find enjoyable and that was perhaps your focus in BDO, but to say that you want to use all the skills at a touch of a button or something (which im assuming you are saying , correct me if im wrong xD) rather than through the standard means, I dunno kinda feels similar to asking to enter a rally race in a google car because you don't want to learn to drive and then youre unhappy that the people who learnt how to drive are beating you. I mean im sure that the lack of tab targeting crap is something A LOT of people enjoy in this game, you cant ask for that to be taken away because you personally do not have the skill or motivation to learn... Coming from this:

"Warp Speed Movement On Some Classes) I do not know which classes have this, but the ones that can ZOOM in from MAX MAX MAX range, HIT, CC, and HURT an enemy, and then ZOOM back out to MAX MAX MAX range, in literally 3 to 5 seconds, and be able to do this ALL THE TIME, are completely unrealistic. Throw is just a little lag, and they be 1 level higher than an enemy, and the enemy is TOAST on contact. This issue goes back to the unrealistic ranged-dps and the unrealistic level-disparity, of course, but it is just unrealistic for this to exist at all. Very poor decision. It highly demoralizes those without the ability. We know, that if we are of equal or less level/gear-score, that we are TOAST, and we can't hide, and we can't run."

Following on from that quote, I imagine the reason you feel that classes are so powerful is because you limit yourself HUGELY by using quick slots for skills with the current system (apart from the ones that require of course). Your really have to put a lot of time and dedication to your class (mostly) to be able to pull off combos, movement and resource management efficiently and if you are unable to do that you will suffer greatly. Learning the keys for skills and finding out what skills can cancel into each other makes the gameplay smoother and so much more enjoyable, I would honestly recommend taking some time to build muscle memory for the 'dev-dedicated' bindings as getting past that first wall of getting used to the skills is the hardest part  :)

I don't want to seem like im just being negative because as I said I do agree with other points like previously mentioned and lag, I just feel quite strongly that the lack of 'quick slot skills' is one of the best things in BDO.

The only other thing is level isn't really as big of a factor as you are making out. It has a noticeable effect for sure but can easily be overcome with the appropriate gear ;)

Posted

When you die you come back to karma bomb that 's not realistic ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Coming back after death is not realistic but karma bombing doesn't even exist.  Nobody can make you lose karma.  What you are doing is committing Karmakaze.

Posted

A#1 - Ranged DPS in unrealistic). Ranged-dps in BDO, is astronomically GIMPED. The unrealistic gimpness comes mostly from ranged-dps with classes being WAY WAY WAY too short, like 40 yards, where in real life, something like bow/arrow would be 150 yards. If its not the range, then the ranged-dps does way too little damage. If not that, then the ranged-dps has piss-poor targeting means, coupled with unrealistic movement speed of enemies. If not those, then the ranged dps is literally too slow in getting to a target, that unless the enemy is in short range, they will easily move away from it. If not those, then the ranged-dps has such unreliable dmg/CC because of iframes/lag/super-speed/evasion that it useless to try and use it. And if still none of the above are at fault, then there is likely some GIMPNESS added, like when you use a ranged-dps attack, you move forward, thus making it impossible to use the ranged-dps attack consistently while standing on a ledge, cause you'd fall off.

1- ranger was and is still a damn good class, just don't be a pleb. top players are rangers.
2- lol, then what would be the point of going past soft cap at any given time ? my guess is you have that opinion because you come from WoW and it's carebear as fck, equaly geared 59vs60 , or 60vs61 , comes down to skills, not much of a big difference. 2+ levels it start to show who put the most time+effort into his character, and it's fine that way.
3- same , too much WoW keytabs 1234567890 etc.

good day !

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0