• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Unrealistic Aspects.

36 posts in this topic

Posted

CH3rQr.gif

People need to be less competitive. lol

Posted

NPC's doing the same things all day, every day, on repeat every 10-30 seconds. In this vein, perpetual NPC wars where nobody dies (who wasn't already a corpse) and nothing is damaged even by massive blasts. I guess static world in general. I love many aspects of the game, but static world on repeat gets to me after a while. If I had my druthers, a dynamic, changing world with time limited quests (maybe the wars repeat once a week, and they rebuild in the meantime) would be fantastic. Shop NPC's should have shifts. Others should have more to do than just the. one. thing.

But this isn't my game. I just play it.

Posted

equaly geared 59vs60 , or 60vs61 , comes down to skills, not much of a big difference. 2+ levels it start to show who put the most time+effort into his character, and it's fine that way.

^

Posted

Of course, people with no skills and life just want for a game to be in their advantage...Of course, why would they fight in even fight, where skills matters. That is the main problem of BDO, players who just don't want to play fair. They want the advantage, and will do anything to protect their fragile ego...

Ergo, no, it's not fine. Not anyone on this world has the time to invest in endless and ultimately, pointless grinding. No, we do not. 

Posted

Op calls a VIDEO GAME unrealistic.

LOL

idiot.

Posted (edited)

Why do people want lvl to mean nothing in pvp... it takes time to get higher levels so you should have an advantage over someone who spent 2 days to reach 57 and wants to kickass?

Coming from someone who is just 58 so far.

Edited by PoohTheSir

Posted

This post is amazingly bad......

Mostly for being so INCREDIBLY UNINFORMED

#lets_get_this_sarcasm_started

Yes a level 62 should be 1% stronger than a 61

(Sadly it's actually less than 1% for the 100's/1,000's of hours it takes)

Another person who thinks "Levels" are what make you powerful

Why do people want lvl to mean nothing in pvp... it takes time to get higher levels so you should have an advantage over someone who spent 2 days to reach 57 and wants to kickass?

Coming from someone who is just 58 so far.

BECAUSE A LOT OF THE PLAYERS MAKING THAT CLAIM HATE TO GRIND.  THEY WANT TO AFK THE GAME AND COMPETE WITH PLAYERS SPENDING 8-16 HOURS A DAY MANUALLY GRINDING.

Conclusion: F'em

Posted

BECAUSE A LOT OF THE PLAYERS MAKING THAT CLAIM HATE TO GRIND.  THEY WANT TO AFK THE GAME AND COMPETE WITH PLAYERS SPENDING 8-16 HOURS A DAY MANUALLY GRINDING.

Fair point. 

Feeble cursed one!

Posted

BDO

AWESOME

ASTRONOMICAL

ABUSIVE

PESSIMISM

PETS

ABUSIVE

I had to

I'll take that as a FANBOI application. Truth is, I've never tried to make those work out. they just do.

It's kind of like Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirate of the Caribbean.

To me, when a level 59.999% player goes against a level 60 with equal gear, and can't hold a candle stick to the level 60's POWER,

The power disparity, has more to do with the dev's UNREALISTIC math, than someone who is supposedly UNINFORMED, posting a complaint about it.

Posted (edited)

I'll take that as a FANBOI application. Truth is, I've never tried to make those work out. they just do.

To me, when a level 59.999% player goes against a level 60 with equal gear, and can't hold a candle stick to the level 60's POWER,

The power disparity, has more to do with the dev's UNREALISTIC math, than someone who is supposedly UNINFORMED, posting a complaint about it.

My post was a throwback to a thread that was locked around the time you created yours, his post had more than a few words but he chose to repeatedly use & capitalize 'abusive', 'pets', 'pessimism' and 'p2w' if memory serves correct. It was comical.

There's a lot of weird power curves in this game due to the high % scaling on abilities and accuracy/evasion along with the relation to dp- expected but no one's exactly sure what the math is. One level means a lot when you get a flow ability that's useful or get your attacks upgraded, aside from the passive +accuracy and +evasion, as an example;

For Maehwa, sticky snowflake around level 57.. or 58 is 798%x max 4 hits, at level 59 it's 811% x max 5 hits, unless it's a translation issue, (RBF crystals are an example) that's another x hit, which was multiplied by 800%. Something times nothing is still nothing, but with DP and evasion- unless there's other factors as well- why is it that having 30 more AP meant melting someone with one ability but not having the 30 AP meant doing very little damage to someone? I'm not sure, only thing to go off of is that the way defense works in this game, dp + evasion + ap + accuracy + skill scaling led to this weird power curve. Gear disparity is a big problem because of these weird power curves, and also because of the RNG and time involved with it, people wouldn't want to put themselves through the headache of getting higher power gear if all it meant was "your character is just the slightest amount more powerful" unless it was a competitive environment where everything was maximized- let's say BDO had a huge esports scene and everyone was trying to min-max everything, then at that point, even if it took a year, people would want the small benefit.

A lot of your post is agreeable but it's not as if we can just change some of these things and it'll be dandy. If we went with a more realistic approach of bows, we'd be inclined to ask and justify how much the rest of the combat should be realistic or not- whether it's blocks or other abilities or whether we want rangers in node wars or RBF or any pvp to be the ultimate snipers, they'll just deal out extreme unprecedented damage from range that no one can cope with, the only strategy being to either just use rangers or have people that can close in on rangers- then you have to deal with rangers up front, they aren't a bad class up close and if not, then you're talking about reworking a class to be very long range but no close combat mechanics which is very different than what people play now.

you have a typo near the beginning "A#1 - Ranged DPS in unrealistic"

Realism vs. nonrealism is also a how much realism do you want vs. not balance. Where do you make the cutoff.

On your warp movement speed, I assume you're talking about ninjas and bladers, this is more a class balance thing. If you remove the iframes and stealth or movement that more mobile classes have, you removed their advantage and class difference, then you'd have to either supplement them with something else or they'd become a useless class. As an example- if someone catches you on a blader, omitting someone chasing you down or them jumping you when you weren't paying attention, it's because you let them. Say you want to fight someone and not be chased to the corners of the earth. A warrior can catch you, (which is also sometimes helped by the latency differences & server lag/etc) as you're dashing or when you're trying to fight him, grapple you and 100-0 you. If you don't have your movement then your class tradeoff goes from "can't fight as well as some classes can up close and no I have no mobility, what use is this class?" Regardless of whether it's realistic or not, I do approve of high movement in PvP when it comes to the skill cap. Bad or average people can spam mobility moves and their keyboard and get results purely by game design and chance, that's how it works. But when you have higher competence players that are fighting each other at a high level, high mobility and more options leads to some dynamic, difficult and beautiful play that keyboard smashers will never be able to properly emulate, simply because they lack the skills, and if they do something akin to a more skilled player, it's probably luck, not skill. Finally I'll just say that very linear, slow gameplay is some of the most boring to play and watch things out there and people shouldn't be advocating it. I'm not saying you were but it's definitely related to what you say.

I do agree with many points in your post.

RNG in pvp needs to be removed, everyone should be a broken record about this and keep saying it until it gets fixed. I'll also add that people should be able to chain CC when timed properly on knocked down targets, add a CC break besides emergency escape, and ap/dp should be normalized to the right amount instead of weird scaling if possible, then the ratios should be fixed as well, someone shouldn't die in one ability but taking forever to kill something and minimizing skill because "it doesnt matter ill live and just press buttons anyways lel" are both bad. Then there's class balance/design and combos to look at.

Edited by Nyhver

Posted

To have a powerful character in PVP you need 2 parts.

#1 Gear

#2 Level

If you don't have BOTH you will be weak.  A level 75 in PRI gear would be destroyed by everyone and unable to kill anything.

A level 56 with 250 AP 300 DP would not be that strong.

However, when it comes to a 59 vs 60 there isn't that much difference.  More often then not the 60 would have much better gear and that is why they would defeat the 59.

This is not an OPINION

It's easily testable and be reproduced infinitely.

180 AP 60

VS

220 AP 59

------------

59 WINS

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0