• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Turn off EXP loss to BOSSES

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Lost 6% exp today fighting bosses thanks to a combination of poorly optimised game and god awful servers. 4 times died at Karanda, 2 times at mudster, f**king mudster....

Switch from Aad Sphera to staff so I can heal but what does the game do ? Switches straight back to Aad Sphera same when I use teleport, decides to teleport 3 seconds after I hit it so I teleport into a boss 1 hit kill

Not asking for much but if you're going to insist on hideous 1 hit kill mechanics from bosses at least remove the exp loss penalty until your servers and game can adequately cope with the mechanics because what I'm seeing on the screen isn't what the game is calculating as I've been well out of range of boss attacks and STILL get hit so something is seriously wrong in the netcode/visual representation of the game

It's really no fun losing hours of progress through no fault of my own because your servers cannot handle the load on them

12 people like this

Posted

+1.

Also, can you do horrible things to whomever decided that the nighttime AP buffs should work on bosses? Cause they're just not annoying enough with the shitty servers, they need the ability to one-shot too ;)

Posted

Boss alts they call em..

Posted

I am more concerned about Gem (Crystals) loss than xp that i can avoid with loyalty tears (+lv60 is worth), if you do bosses like some of us, you will know that no matter how you can be careful, crystals will break due to lag, falling underground etc etc, just disable crystal loss like the event bosses we had.

Boss alts they call em..

And get farmed like Mansha by other guilds you have war with unless you are a carebear. 

5 people like this

Posted

But if only you had a boss alt.....like many others, or maybe play a real class...>.>

Posted

But if only you had a boss alt.....like many others, or maybe play a real class...>.>

but when handicaps play games

but what real class.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

but when handicaps play games

I had a boss alt, the loot was hideous or none existent

But it says it all about the god awful mechanics when players advice is to use another character so as not to suffer loss on your main

What's a real class ? Valk ? I don't wish to roleplay a handicap thanks (look see, I can throw around silly quips too)

Edited by ArgleBargle
1 person likes this

Posted

risk-reward

I'd agree that until the lag/desync is gone this would be a good idea. If that ever gets fixed it makes sense to lose exp and gems bosses are already insanely dumbed down from what they used to be. 

Posted

I don't do bosses for this reason. Unless I JUST leveled and am at 0% EXP. I'de like to attend more bosses, but theres no chance I'm risking hours of work on a signle boss death. REMOVE EXP LOSS PLOX 

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't do bosses for this reason. Unless I JUST leveled and am at 0% EXP. I'de like to attend more bosses, but theres no chance I'm risking hours of work on a signle boss death. REMOVE EXP LOSS PLOX 

not with that attitude and better fix ur grammar to ask nicely.

Posted

buy ellion's tears

stop being a potato

^ Those are your two solutions provided by Kakao.

Posted

Remember to buy costumes for your boss alt.

Posted

risk-reward

I'd agree that until the lag/desync is gone this would be a good idea. If that ever gets fixed it makes sense to lose exp and gems bosses are already insanely dumbed down from what they used to be. 

Dunno if I'd say they've been dumbed down, it's just that their ap got nerfed (cause everything they did was a 1-shot) and the desyncs on them has gotten better, but they're still pretty ridiculous and we KNOW the code is in the game to make them not cost exp/crystals (the anniversary boss + the turkey boss both used this exact mechanic).

Posted (edited)

Been playing for a year. I remember when rednose first came out. EVERYONE was crying about the bosses being too hard. Dying and losing things, when people didn't even think to use the revive kits. Learn about how the bosses work. If you study them, it's extremely easy to read their moves and avoid attacks. Accept failure that you haven't quite learned or messed up and move on.

EDIT: put in that rednose was the first boss.

Edited by Jace Fors

Posted

Learn about how the bosses work. If you study them, it's extremely easy to read their moves and avoid attacks

Been fighting them since the game started here, I know their mechanics but there are times where it doesn't matter how gud you got, you cannot read latency thanks to god awful server infrastructure

Posted (edited)

Been fighting them since the game started here, I know their mechanics but there are times where it doesn't matter how gud you got, you cannot read latency thanks to god awful server infrastructure

I understand the latency problems and agree that's annoying. Although I think that it's way too broad to just change the entire game based on that. I for one don't really experience much lag time with bosses. I'm guessing most lag people are experiencing with bosses is player effects and mostly on their end. I'm playing devils advocate here, but still, do think there should be XP loss. 

I am one of the ones who very much disliked that they took away XP loss on PvP because I knew "karma-bombing" would turn into an even worse thing, and it did. Just want to avoid carebear changes. So take what I say with a grain of salt. 

Edited by Jace Fors

Posted

tumblr_mxyq8wl3q11s0tigvo1_400.gif

Posted

And crystal loss please; that needs to go too.

Posted

Boss alts they call em..

Sounds like great game mechanics.

1 person likes this

Posted

I had a boss alt, the loot was hideous or none existent

But it says it all about the god awful mechanics when players advice is to use another character so as not to suffer loss on your main

What's a real class ? Valk ? I don't wish to roleplay a handicap thanks (look see, I can throw around silly quips too)

Plays a faceroll class and dies x4 to karanda yet calls a valk handicap, but who s the real handicap here?... O.o 

read latency

+1 for this...I really wish we could see it so that we wouldn't jump in a fight unaware of our condition....they dont want it bcuz they wouldnt sell as much elions tears  pff #greed

but what real class.

one that is not a faceroll

Posted

The first question we should ask before anything is : What kakaoEu can actual really do for us.

Posted

Lost 6% exp today fighting bosses thanks to a combination of poorly optimised game and god awful servers. 4 times died at Karanda, 2 times at mudster, f**king mudster....

Switch from Aad Sphera to staff so I can heal but what does the game do ? Switches straight back to Aad Sphera same when I use teleport, decides to teleport 3 seconds after I hit it so I teleport into a boss 1 hit kill

Not asking for much but if you're going to insist on hideous 1 hit kill mechanics from bosses at least remove the exp loss penalty until your servers and game can adequately cope with the mechanics because what I'm seeing on the screen isn't what the game is calculating as I've been well out of range of boss attacks and STILL get hit so something is seriously wrong in the netcode/visual representation of the game

It's really no fun losing hours of progress through no fault of my own because your servers cannot handle the load on them

how about no and make it double xp loss.

make bossgear HARD to obtain and force people to use their brain a little bit to see the telegraphing the bosses do.

You blame the game and it's servers while in reality it is all up to you. Learn the boss. If your pc can't handle 500 people on screen, choose a channel with less people. If you can't see the boss, maybe check the settings to see if there's anything you can do( turn off effects hint hint). Plan your grinding/ life skilling to earn money so you can buy/ earn resources or gear.

all you casual carebears calling for things to drop in your lap, gtfo. Make a god damn effort or just quit.

Posted

it's making them a lot of elion tear money why the hell would they fix lag or remove xp loss lul

Posted

git gud, easily dodge boss attacks with 10fps and desync

Posted

no xp loss or gem losses at bosses would be pretty cool

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0