• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ranger realy so weak?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey!

I read on reddit that Ranger is weak in PvE and only uses the sword, because bow makes no dmg.
My question is: Is that true? Is Ranger at the moment more a melee assassin than a real range DD? If I choose this class I want to play mainly with the bow and not only with the sword tbh.

I also read that Ranger need good gear and have mana issues -> need a lot pots.

I'm a beginner and want to choose a class for PvE but I only* like Ranger and Dark Knight. Both are nice, but Ranger is a bit more sexy I think.
*Awakening Sorc with the Scythe looks interesting btw. but before that I don't like this class.

Posted

From a pure pve standpoint, Ranger is very mana hungry. You will burn through pots faster than any class in the game and having mana recovery crystals in gear is a must. You can also invest in using mana recover skill add-on's on certain skills. Even then, bow just won't do as much dmg as daggers so.... yea

Posted (edited)

Ranger is good at PvE, not top 3 but still up there,  if you mean clear speed. 

The downside to ranger is:

1 very mana hungry,  you need pots if you want good clear time. None if you don't mind slow grind speed and want to rely on skills to build mana, or use extraction crystals. 

2. Your weapons will break very fast compared to most classes. High speed attack classes suffer from this compared to slower harder hitting classes.

3. Ranger needs better gear to match the dps of  most other classes. The class is still fun, gameplay wise,  If your looking for a main, I wouldn't recommend it,  you get more bang for your buck with one of the top 3 classes,  but that's just my $0.02...on the plus side it's easier to buy ranger gear from MP

Edited by Akuma⁴

Posted

on the plus side it's easier to buy ranger gear from MP

Yes, now choose ranger and buy the 47th tri liverto in line on MP!

Peer pressure.

Akuma is right. The class is good PvE, not weak by any means. BUT durability and mana consumption are real, annoying issues until you hit 59, after which durability is the main issue, unless you shell out cash for branding stones. The bow is used in PvP after level 57/58, grinding is 99% awakening weapon.

If youre choosing between DK and ranger, I would go with DK. At the moment it is ridiculously strong, but it might be hard obtaining the gear for her from the MP.

As dremlock would say, ranger has the best thighs. But DK is a close second.

Posted

ranger best class make sure to buy my duo liverto.

Posted

From a pure pve standpoint, Ranger is very mana hungry. You will burn through pots faster than any class in the game and having mana recovery crystals in gear is a must. You can also invest in using mana recover skill add-on's on certain skills. Even then, bow just won't do as much dmg as daggers so.... yea

I'm agree and awk weapon are more often broken. And... when you use dash on rock is not smooth, you can see how she stop.

Posted

People keep saying Rangers are good in PvE which in a way is true but I feel there are too many variables required for us to be good.

Example:

• We require higher AP than other classes to dish out equal or in a lot of cases less damage than them. (Basically need to spend significantly more money on our gear)
  • Our awakening skills don't have a very big hit window so any mobs standing just a little to far back / left / right or behind you wont get hit.
  • In order to get all mobs in a window to hit them you have to waste time positioning your self or them.
  • I feel a lot of our skills have too long of cool downs.
  • Animations of a lot of our skills make combat feel a little clunky
  • Require a ridiculous amount of mana potions to farm efficiently
  • Branding Stone Required to farm without repairing every 30 minutes... Even then you also need to have a second "Dagger" because it ALWAYS breaks long before my bow / awakening do.
  • Bow??? We all made this class because we enjoy playing a Ranged Bow User... Why would you force people who made such a decision into playing a melee assassin without the option to be just as viable with my bow?

So... While I do agree Rangers are capable of doing decent in PvP / PvE I can't say that the class is currently in a good place. I do still play my ranger and will most likely continue to play it in hopes they will fix / change something BUT I am definitely not happy with the direction they have forced the class.

1 person likes this

Posted

I love ranger, so I switched to witch, pressing two buttons and everything melt, while u are in constant SA. Somehow doesn't feel right, I do miss bow, missed so much that every time I see a ranger I want to switch back. It's easy to switch back since no one buys my bow for a month now.....why can't we have a bow class like every other game....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0