• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

World bosses

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So, I've been playing this 'game' for like two weeks now and I'm finding it ok-ish.  But, There are few things I really can't understand. 

Could someone please try to explain  the idiotic system of a losing XP  when respawning at the closest node after getting one shot( And you can't even see by what!) by World boss!. Like what the f##k is that all about. And you also lose your crystals as well... Amazing!

Edited by Darkerik
mistake in wording.

Posted (edited)

Git gud. Or buy tears. But I wouldn't bother unless you are 60+ and as for crystals either take gear off or have boss gear/boss alt.

Edited by Tombs360

Posted (edited)

Git gud. Or buy tears. But I wouldn't bother unless you are 60+ and as for crystals either take gear off or have boss gear/boss alt.

really! "Get good" sic

How can you evade something you can't  even see?

Edited by Darkerik
mistake in wording.
1 person likes this

Posted

really! "Get good" sic

How can you evade something you can't  even see?

by gitting gud.

Posted

So, I've been playing this 'game' for like two weeks now and I'm finding it ok-ish.  But, There are few things I really can't understand. 

Could someone please try to explain  the idiotic system of a losing XP  when respawning at the closest node after getting one shot( And you can't even see by what!) by World boss!. Like what the f##k is that all about. And you also lose your crystals as well... Amazing!

You definitely need better gear before going for world bosses. Even field bosses are hard but if you learn their attacks they are really fun to fight. About the xp loss it's only 1% and the crystals is a bit rough but as i said if you learn the bosse's attacks you won't need to worry about dying and you will actually enjoy the fights because they are challenging.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Whilst the trite git gud response is very wearisome you can be a bit proactive if you learn the attack pattern and just steering clear a bit early - it is better to be cautious and move away early than risk the desync death. I'd highly recommend a boss alt though because it will really come in handy when you're far away from the Serendia/Balenos region and you see the spawn announcement.

Edited by WastedJoker
1 person likes this

Posted

You definitely need better gear before going for world bosses. Even field bosses are hard but if you learn their attacks they are really fun to fight. About the xp loss it's only 1% and the crystals is a bit rough but as i said if you learn the bosse's attacks you won't need to worry about dying and you will actually enjoy the fights because they are challenging.

Hi Tony, I have like Duo Grunil chest and + 15 gloves, boots and helmet. And yeah, I need to learn bosses attack patterns for sure. I just got a bit pissed off losing my xp last night xD.

Whilst the trite git gud response is very wearisome you can be a bit proactive if you learn the attack pattern and just steering clear a bit early - it is better to be cautious and move away early than risk the desync death. I'd highly recommend a boss alt though because it will really come in handy when you're far away from the Serendia/Balenos region and you see the spawn announcement.

Thanks for the advice . I'll try it.

Posted

Typical toxic reply I've come to expect from this shitty community.

Noone that has boss gear waited to 60. Not one of us! This guy is obviously fail at life. Just put him on block in the forums. I really hate the bulk of this community. Why are people such assholes?

4 people like this

Posted

Noone that has boss gear waited to 60. Not one of us! This guy is obviously fail at life. Just put him on block in the forums. I really hate the bulk of this community. Why are people such assholes?

I wish I could give you an answer Stabby. xD 

Posted

theres a few guides that walk you through boss strats and skill tells. I would suggest watching those too. 

You definitely want better AP/DP regardless. i have 240 DP myself and there are mechanics on bheg and rednose and kutum that still one shot me. most other bosses i can survive for now with luck lol. but again its all about learning the tells for their big hitters.

2 people like this

Posted

theres a few guides that walk you through boss strats and skill tells. I would suggest watching those too. 

You definitely want better AP/DP regardless. i have 240 DP myself and there are mechanics on bheg and rednose and kutum that still one shot me. most other bosses i can survive for now with luck lol. but again its all about learning the tells for their big hitters.

Yeah I've been doing that today.

BDO is like my second game ATM - Tera is my main game still. So, I was expecting someone to tank the boss ☺ and also someone to heal me 😂😂😂

Posted

BDO is like my second game ATM - Tera is my main game still. So, I was expecting someone to tank the boss ☺ and also someone to heal me 😂😂😂

ya the aggro in this game is very wonky since there is no "aggro" gain skills that i know of or a "provoke"

ive taken aggro from ppl and vice versa its just how the boss feels like attacking is how i feel sometimes. just gotta dodge everything xD 

2 people like this

Posted

ya the aggro in this game is very wonky since there is no "aggro" gain skills that i know of or a "provoke"

ive taken aggro from ppl and vice versa its just how the boss feels like attacking is how i feel sometimes. just gotta dodge everything xD 

Aggro is a bit random and frequently you'll find that high damage will pull you aggro in my experience, however there are in fact taunt skills in-game. I know Valkyrie possesses one, I believe warrior/berserk also have 1 each. Tamer Awakening has one as well I think with Heilang: Howling.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi Tony, I have like Duo Grunil chest and + 15 gloves, boots and helmet. And yeah, I need to learn bosses attack patterns for sure. I just got a bit pissed off losing my xp last night xD.

Thanks for the advice . I'll try it.

You need even better. I have duo steel taritas set and I'm not ready for world bosses ether. I go down with 1 good hit from any boss. But I'm playing Witch/Wizard who have block on some of their attacks with their awakening so i learned how to use the right skill at the right time. For example Red Nose does an attack where he stands still and kinda like shoots something in a straight line in front of him a few time right after that he starts jumping dealing a lot of damage. Every boss has an attack pattern and once you learn it you will enjoy boss fights. Yeah the xp loss can be really annoying especially when you get not good drops from the boss once its dead.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

by gitting gud.

Fu.cking retarded -----, learn type english and dont answer anything if u dont have nothing smart to answer.

Edited by Darkpath
2 people like this

Posted

You can look up for boss guides on dulfy.net .The website has some pretty detailed guide about boss location, boss's pattern, and as well as those attacks that will instantly kill you.

Also, for every pve death, you will lose 2% of your exp and a chance to have your crystal destroyed too.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you for the replys everyone   <3

Posted

maybe it's people like you that makes us toxic?

Posted (edited)

maybe it's people like you that makes us toxic?

You mean to say that it's people in general that make you toxic. I highly recommend you see a counselor and go on a vacation.

Edited by Stabby

Posted

You mean to say that it's people in general that make you toxic. I highly recommend you see a counselor and go on a vacation.

You come in and trash talk me how are you any better? I at least have him some advice. You and people like you are the reason the community is so toxic.

Posted

You come in and trash talk me how are you any better? I at least have him some advice. You and people like you are the reason the community is so toxic.

wut wuz your advice?

IMG_2550.GIF

Posted

wut wuz your advice?

IMG_2550.GIF

not sure if you can't read or just trolling. 

Posted

It's all about getting you to buy the Tears from the cash shop. Lower levels it's not that big a deal to lose1%. After 57 though it's painful. They know this, they designed it this way after all, and so they offer you solace in the form of a cash shop item. Everyone tends to forget this game is here to milk you of your money...I don't get how so many can have such blinders on all the time.

Posted

How do you think the developers will sell pearl ressurrect items if they keep reducing the death penalties? You need to remember this is a GAME to ONLY YOU the PLAYER, its a JOB for the devs and the publishers. your money is more important than your sanity.

For crystals, untill you are 200ish DP and can tank atleast 2 consequitive hits from a boss, go in armourless, and use a random +7 weapon set. it wont affect your world boss loot chances.

Also. In time you wont die to bosses anymore because you will git gud..... or will have rerolle to witchard LUL

No seriously. EVENTUALLY make a level 56 witchard just for bosses, itll open a whole new world for you.

Kutum is kutum. Or as i say, Mr. Ellions Tears Advertisment the 3rd.

Posted

With the state that the servers are in, I really wouldn't mind a removal of exp loss on world boss deaths.. I preemptively move out of karanda's aoes and still rubber band back into them and die, even though I was way out of range on my screen. It's tedious. Same with bheg red hits. If all of the channels were less laggy I'd never die to those hits beyond my own silly mistakes. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0