• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Relic Scammers

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello BDO community relic scammers start to be a thing. i make silver by relic and every day 1/2 scammers and there is no report button what can we do to protect the community from this type of players.

Posted (edited)

I see it more often in the general chat, warnings about relic gangsters. Not sure if there is actually anything to do, besides only invite friends or guilds to relic.

Edited by Amirite

Posted (edited)

Report button? What? They are not doing anything wrong besides breaking a promise to your group. That isn't against any rules. The only thing you can do is name, shame & shun.

Edited by Eppo

Posted

Inb4 someone walks past a grind spot and gets 5x report from a party. Valid idea :)

Posted

This is Black Desert Online, never trust anyone, hope u learned lesson no1 today

Posted

You can join a big active guild and do your scrolls for free with your guildies and hope that when they have scrolls they will keep a spot for you.

At least thats what i do. Sometimes i have 30 scrolls and the others have few or none and sometimes i have none and they have a lot.

I think on the long run things turn out pretty even.

3 people like this

Posted

Take turns...One scroll per turn... You will be screwed mostly by just one scroll... Bit slower, but relics are slow AF anyway and those 3 seconds to change leader make almost no difference...

1 person likes this

Posted

Take turns...One scroll per turn... You will be screwed mostly by just one scroll... Bit slower, but relics are slow AF anyway and those 3 seconds to change leader make almost no difference...

I remember doing them like this in the early days. Sad that relic scammers are on their way back round again.

Posted

Dont wanna get scammed? Do them alone, ive been doing that for a long time...  The memo you get from party scrolls are not really worth the time in most cases, unless you are REALLY poor or have nothing else to do....

Posted (edited)

Report button? What? They are not doing anything wrong besides breaking a promise to your group. That isn't against any rules. The only thing you can do is name, shame & shun.

Or perhaps 4 of you flag and kill the scammer until you have had your fill.

I think I have been in a group where this happened twice. Methods to avoid exist, but they make the damn thing take forever:

1. Rotate 1 scroll at a time

2. Rotate 5 scrolls then pass.

If the animations were not so long and they would just make an option for whoever activates the scroll to have all 3 bosses spawn at once, these tactics might be better,

I try to always go last when I organize the group. 

Edited by Grizabella

Posted

Fill the party with as many of your friends or guildmates that have the needed number of scrolls as you can, make randoms go first.

The 1 scroll rotation sounds nice, though.

1 person likes this

Posted

AltC

Posted

i SCAM RELICS all day lol find me in game if u wanna do something about it newbs,   ( Smackjabber,  UNO server)

Posted

Does not really bother me that much, if they are retarded enough to waste all that time scamming few MF, I feel sorry for them and they can take that as a charity.

1 person likes this

Posted

To make money you do relics all day? I weep for you

Posted

Why don't you create a discord for relic scammer reports and publicise it here/reddit etc?

Posted

Can't post players name on here or Reddit, part of the ToS. Otherwise there would be a thread already.

Posted

You can join a big active guild and do your scrolls for free with your guildies and hope that when they have scrolls they will keep a spot for you.

At least thats what i do. Sometimes i have 30 scrolls and the others have few or none and sometimes i have none and they have a lot.

I think on the long run things turn out pretty even.

This is the policy of the guild im in, heck because so much people in the guild fishes, we started a rule that only 1 or 2 people are allowed to host. If everyone decides to use all theirs, we would be doing scrolls all day for week.

Sadly that doesnt work with the single players.

Posted

Can't post players name on here or Reddit, part of the ToS. Otherwise there would be a thread already.

Devs/mods cannot control what you post about players on reddit or discord, surely.

Posted

I run relics with 2 others consistently.

We will invite 2 randoms for the last 2 spots,  but we make them use their scrolls first. If they refuse or give us a hard time then we kick them.

Sometimes one of us will go first so they can trust us, then they go. Then our other 2 guys finish it out.

But we don't ever let the 2 randoms go last.

2 people like this

Posted

Devs/mods cannot control what you post about players on reddit or discord, surely.

I didnt say discord? And yes they can on Reddit, a certain guild from Uno didn't like their name showing up on the Uno News threads and complained about it. Low and behold Uno News had to stop because of it. If one person who ends up on a thread complains their name is there the entire thread would be deleted, something that has also happened on Reddit.

Posted

Some good replies here.

Though honestly, if i go to do relics and there are people there already.  I'll ask the if they want to mooch off me while they wait for their group to form.  It's zero matter to me if they get free stuff.  If they ask me to join them instead, and I'm not in a hurry, I'll do that.  I would take zero insult if they asked me to go first.

1 person likes this

Posted

Some good replies here.

Though honestly, if i go to do relics and there are people there already.  I'll ask the if they want to mooch off me while they wait for their group to form.  It's zero matter to me if they get free stuff.  If they ask me to join them instead, and I'm not in a hurry, I'll do that.  I would take zero insult if they asked me to go first.

That's really nice of you.

Posted

Some good replies here.

Exactly the same for us. If we have only 2 or 3 people and there's a couple randoms there, we'll ask them to join us because we usually do up to 30-60 at a time and it really doesn't take away from us to help a random player, especially if they're guildless.

Posted

That's really nice of you.

I do what I do.  I don't really see it as nice.  I mean, I used to be the type to gank a raid while they're on a boss and lol about it on forums.  Sometimes you grow up and see you've got a lot of red in your ledger, as it were.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0