• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I want to get into BDO but first I want to know something about its future and how things are doing.

28 posts in this topic

Posted

I am quoting myself from Reddit: 

I'm leaving FFXIV. I've seen some Youtube videos and I'll definitely try the trial, I know it's a very grindy game and I am totally fine with it, I love korean games.

There's something though..MMORPG's aren't as popular as they were once, except for WoW. What I want to know is:

-Does BDO have a big population?. (EU though)

-Do you think it can mantain a relatively big population (even small but very loyal, see Ragnarok) through the years?.

That's exactly what it's scaring me off. I am planning to invest a lot of time this summer into a MMORPG because I am done with school and well, here in Italy finding a job is quite hard so I'm thinking about that in mid September. I don't want to invest my time though on something that may die in the next 2/3 years, I want something that can last a very long time.

I know you guys can't predict the future but you've been playing for way longer than me and you should know how things are shaping up: so yeah, do you think BDO can make it, even with the new MMORPG's coming?.

Sorry for the many questions and mostly important, sorry for my english but it's not my first language.

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO is one of the most popular mmos. Population is high and i think it will carry on to grow. I mean TERA's population is still pretty good. BDO wont go down for many years. its already been over a year and going very strong.

6 people like this

Posted

Imo BDO is one of the few, that fits your needs... Though it has some serious issues which are damaging population even now, so far it provides enough interesting features to offset them... And development looks better and better imo (outside of several cashshop kicks)... Actually the biggest concern i have lately is not getting changes from KR fast enough, since they are addressing (or at least trying to somehow ease on) some of that annoying shit lately (bonuses for failed enchants, more defensive buffs, QoL changes)... Out patches were quite poor lately, but sooner or later it should come here as well... (but thats mostly bcs we were, and still are, catching up to them and the pace got a bit slower)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

BDO will be fine. You don't have to worry about it. This game has a large loyal playerbase, which wasn't even been scared by the notoriuos cash milking from Kakao. And from here it is only going to get better. New classes and regions are being made constantly. In fact, lots of old players are returning etc.

Edited by Crio0
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

If we are being very optimistic EU has around maybe 100k active users at the moment, it isn't an impressive number, but it isn't the worst either from what I'm aware of for mmos. 

As for how well this game can maintain, while BDO seems to have a pretty poor player retention rate, as you noted mmo's don't need a very large player base to keep itself up and running for years so while numbers are doubtful to be extremely high BDO is unique enough a game that it'll have enough customers to last a few years. 

BDO isn't a game that will die, but it is unlikely as well to be one that will flourish. 

Edit : The lack of interaction between staff and the community could also cause issues if competitors arrive, there is close to no real loyalty in this game, this is probably one of the first games I've played where most people go into it expecting it to be a filler until something better comes along

Edited by Montblank

Posted

Read this thread and make what yo want of it.

Posted

dont bother. the world is getting emptier and emptier everyday. also its very p2w

Posted

I don't want to invest my time though on something that may die in the next 2/3 years, I want something that can last a very long time.

I don't think BDO will die that easily. However, BDO did not keep all of the promises it made and some of the upcoming MMOs could win some of the people over who are looking for decent server quality, balanced gameplay and big as well as fun PvP encounters. 

Posted

dont bother. the world is getting emptier and emptier everyday. also its very p2w

Tru dat. Whenever i pass past Olvia no1 farms the weasels and foxes anymore. Ded gaem omfgfmletc.

1 person likes this

Posted

He is just an Angry Noob, ignore.

Posted

gam is ded.

JK.

get a 7day trial code. try it , adopt it, make love to it, get a house, take many wives ......whut?

-Sizer

Posted

I don't think BDO will die that easily. However, BDO did not keep all of the promises it made and some of the upcoming MMOs could win some of the people over who are looking for decent server quality, balanced gameplay and big as well as fun PvP encounters. 

What new MMOs? Revival got canceled, Ashes of creation is still in alpha and can end up as anything and rest of available and upcoming MMOs is utter garbage... :D

2 people like this

Posted

What new MMOs? Revival got canceled, Ashes of creation is still in alpha and can end up as anything and rest of available and upcoming MMOs is utter garbage... :D

Ashes , pay 2 play + cash shop , yeah sound promising. lol jk. same with Dauntless / Lost Ark , Crowfall . all is there is AT LEAST 1-2 MORE YEARS OF BDO. hooza ! hooza !

Posted

[A]nd rest of available and upcoming MMOs is utter garbage... :D

Since you have apparently already played all the upcoming MMOs for months and know how bad they are, I can hardly argue with you. Especially, since it is the truth and not just your opinion. 

Posted

From the sound of it you wont be having a lot of income. Dont touch BDO; it's designed to twist your arm into spending lots of Euros. And if you dont/cant you are in for a fairly shitty game experience. Which would also be a reason why this game doesnt have much of an active population and will just continue to fade out.

Glad to have helped.

Posted

BDO is a game where other players have absolutely no impact on your experience so it literally does not matter if it's dead or not. 

1 person likes this

Posted

BDO is life....

BDO...

BD...

B..

............... rip

Posted

Dude, I joined yesterday and I noticed how the game has a decently sized population. BDO won't be dying anytime soon. Only complaint so far is the garbage community. Server chat is cancer incarnate. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Research the game before you pull the trigger is all Im gonna say lol 

Posted

Since you have apparently already played all the upcoming MMOs for months and know how bad they are, I can hardly argue with you. Especially, since it is the truth and not just your opinion. 

Most of them look like ass, run like ass, or are in development hell. None will be out for another year+, likely 2-3 years.  And they don't do anything new, they all feel super cookie cutter "wow open world pvp and territories, ooo!".

1 person likes this

Posted

Dude, I joined yesterday and I noticed how the game has a decently sized population. BDO won't be dying anytime soon. Only complaint so far is the garbage community. Server chat is cancer incarnate. 

Welcome to west.

Home of toxic, cancerous chat and endless complains.

Posted

BDO is a game where other players have absolutely no impact on your experience so it literally does not matter if it's dead or not. 

Unless you are one of those folks that just buy their gear to bypass some of the rng. These folks would have it rough without players feeding the marketplace.

Posted

I'm leaving FFXIV. I've seen some Youtube videos and I'll definitely try the trial, I know it's a very grindy game and I am totally fine with it, I love korean games.
There's something though..MMORPG's aren't as popular as they were once, except for WoW. What I want to know is:
-Does BDO have a big population?. (EU though) (people on EU servers tend to just life skill not really good pvp)
-Do you think it can mantain a relatively big population (even small but very loyal, see Ragnarok) through the years?. (bdo wasn't made to have the size of wow, even on kr theres about 3-11k people per server)
That's exactly what it's scaring me off. I am planning to invest a lot of time this summer into a MMORPG because I am done with school and well, here in Italy finding a job is quite hard so I'm thinking about that in mid September. I don't want to invest my time though on something that may die in the next 2/3 years, I want something that can last a very long time.
I know you guys can't predict the future but you've been playing for way longer than me and you should know how things are shaping up: so yeah, do you think BDO can make it, even with the new MMORPG's coming?. (i play for graphics and pvp, most other mmorpgs have poor funding and feels like im playing a 2003 game. only thing i can think of to compete with bdo is star citizen but lets be honest thats not coming out for another 5 years)
Sorry for the many questions and mostly important, sorry for my english but it's not my first language.

Posted

PvP is a joke until they change their dev team or change how hard coded some of their things are. Basically the whole combat would need to be reworked for the game to be fun PvP-wise

The farmville part is probably going to be the only thing BDO truly has going for it.

Posted

Camelot Unchained, crowfall, and ashes of creation all look promising

lack of heavy RNG in a pvp game is all I'm looking for lol

really excited about CU

but until there is competition this game will survive, even after other games come out it will still have players because people dumped too much money into it to walk away

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0