• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Rumor] Sicil Necklace Evasion Debate

Sicil Necklace = Hidden Evasion?   35 votes

1. 1. Does Sicil's Necklace Have hidden evasion?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Let's attempt to put this rumor to bed guys, We all know Sicil's have sky-rocketed on the AH recently, but is the daunting amount of buyers enough to verify the authenticity of the alleged "data-mined" evasion contained on this accessory piece?

I personally have 0 clue. Hopefully, someone has the good will (and silver) to test this rumor. My only throw into this debate, coming from the experience of a 500 GS+ player with like friends around my circle, we're convinced that the answer is a no without any hardcore testing.

As a Ninja, I hope I'm wrong, an evasion piece like this would be beautiful for the class, but I'm skeptical, to say the least.

If anyone can provide links to similiar debates with conclusions, that would be very helpful

Original Datamind Data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HE1Lr-7C2ChlCOsBc14z_hY5dkh9tC6tYZFqHgNGIbA/htmlview#

Edited by Dersidius

Posted

Here you go buddy.

Missing a few things that I'd like to see data on, but here's the datamined defensive stat split for a fair bunch of accessories, offhands, and armor pieces. 

Posted

Here you go buddy.

Missing a few things that I'd like to see data on, but here's the datamined defensive stat split for a fair bunch of accessories, offhands, and armor pieces. 

That would be the original data -mined set, but is their proof to back this up? in-game text or confirmation with pastebin from paz files with repeatable extraction steps and results?

Posted

Well if u test by yourself, most of it is pretty accurate. I play with sicil and can def say it has evasion.

Posted

Well if u test by yourself, most of it is pretty accurate. I play with sicil and can def say it has evasion.

Not to say your wrong, or that I disagree, but one of my guildees is a 520 Evasion build ninja, and he claims the exact opposite of your statement about both sicil's and centaurs belt which are noted by the datamined sheet to have a decent chunk of evasion.

With so many conflicting testimonies, I can't accept any results (personally) without having a recorded hit by hit session

I would also test it myself, but that would require a pretty decent silver commitment for a certain item that would be otherwise useless (to me) if the evasion didn't exist.

Posted

I sold my TRI Sicils and made a DUO Ogre. I see no difference in the amount of damage that I recieve.

Posted

I sold my TRI Sicils and made a DUO Ogre. I see no difference in the amount of damage that I recieve.

Evasion doesn't actually lower damage so this makes perfect sense :thinking:

1 person likes this

Posted

Went looking and while I can't find complete confirmation either, I can say that my personal experiences do align roughly with these numbers.

As for Sicil specifically? Yes, I think the DP is Evasion, from my own experiences.  

Posted

Again, I neither disagree or agree, but the fact that your statement is a complete contrast of Lyanos basically proves a true test is necessary.

Went looking and while I can't find complete confirmation either, I can say that my personal experiences do align roughly with these numbers.

As for Sicil specifically? Yes, I think the DP is Evasion, from my own experiences.  

So are you claiming that the item has no DP at all and it's all evasion? or are you saying in addition to the tool tip DP?

Not to call you out, because it truly is an issue of the community, not just you as an individual, but everyone has a lot of "experiences" and it seems like no one has a documented study.

Posted

Let's attempt to put this rumor to bed guys, We all know Sicil's have sky-rocketed on the AH recently, but is the daunting amount of buyers enough to verify the authenticity of the alleged "data-mined" evasion contained on this accessory piece?

I personally have 0 clue. Hopefully, someone has the good will (and silver) to test this rumor. My only throw into this debate, coming from the experience of a 500 GS+ player with like friends around my circle, we're convinced that the answer is a no without any hardcore testing.

As a Ninja, I hope I'm wrong, an evasion piece like this would be beautiful for the class, but I'm skeptical, to say the least.

If anyone can provide links to similiar debates with conclusions, that would be very helpful

Unless they give an official stance on the matter you will never be 100% sure unfortunately. I'm a ninja too so i'm your same boat regarding the build path xD, for now i am playing hybrid since i find it to be the most comfortable build.

If you have a lot of money to spend then you can try it out, otherwise i wouldn't go with a defense focused only build based on some hidden stats that may be there or not. 

Posted

Not to say your wrong, or that I disagree, but one of my guildees is a 520 Evasion build ninja, and he claims the exact opposite of your statement about both sicil's and centaurs belt which are noted by the datamined sheet to have a decent chunk of evasion.

With so many conflicting testimonies, I can't accept any results (personally) without having a recorded hit by hit session

I would also test it myself, but that would require a pretty decent silver commitment for a certain item that would be otherwise useless (to me) if the evasion didn't exist.

I understand that and u're right. But this has to be tested properly. And it takes a lot of time, and openents with different classes / gear.

also, sicil obviously don't give dr, so if it doesn't give eva, idk what this dp is for. Maybe ur ninja friend don't test things properly. Depends against wich class he fought, what acc they had and shit.

But yeah a real test would be nice, if someone have money and time for it

Posted

this should be easy to verify.

according to datatables Sicil and Centaur belt has 0 damage reduction, just evasion.

Unequip the neck/belt. Take few huts (or hundreds). Note the dmg you take from each landed hit. Also count the evaded shots.

wear the piece and redo the test.

if this increased number evaded hits -> possible evasion increase.

if only dmg taken was reduced -> damage reduction.

Posted (edited)

this should be easy to verify.

according to datatables Sicil and Centaur belt has 0 damage reduction, just evasion.

Unequip the neck/belt. Take few huts (or hundreds). Note the dmg you take from each landed hit. Also count the evaded shots.

wear the piece and redo the test.

if this increased number evaded hits -> possible evasion increase.

if only dmg taken was reduced -> damage reduction.

This is the exact test my guildee per formed (no documentation available) and he's claiming No. But there's to many people saying "yes" to down right ignore their claims... and so the quest continues!

I don't mean to derail the topic, but there's also plausible motive to falsify these results, I have 2 friends that were stockpiling sicils long before the inflation of the price.. One could easily provide these claims as a means of milking more revenue... a bit far fetched, but the posibility exisits..

Edited by Dersidius

Posted

I don't mean to derail the topic, but there's also plausible motive to falsify these results, I have 2 friends that were stockpiling sicils long before the inflation of the price.. One could easily provide these claims as a means of milking more revenue... a bit far fetched, but the posibility exisits..

It happened, happens and will happen again.

Just like eiene posting that full ap had hidden accuracy and people should not go for acc items, so rce get back to a super cheap price xD

Posted

It happened, happens and will happen again.

Just like eiene posting that full ap had hidden accuracy and people should not go for acc items, so rce get back to a super cheap price xD

Yea but thats true dude *wink*

1 person likes this

Posted

evasion is RNG

Posted

8 yes's... no proof provided v.v

evasion is RNG

Water is WET

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0