• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

DEVS: PLEASE Remove 1 of the 2 Bottlenecks so more players have access to horses

172 posts in this topic

Posted

This post is by a breeder not a general player whining about not having horses. BUT even I know there is something wrong with the horse system when I see players in large successful guilds still riding around on t6s.

The problem is that unlike KR or RUSSIA, NA/EU has TWO BOTTLENECKS to breeding. In order for horses to be more accessible for everyone, one of these two roadblocks has to be removed. It is quite frankly ridiculous that both exist in our version at the same time.

1) The serverwide announcement and then delay on t8s probably sounded great to non-breeders, but the fact is, when that happened, most people stopped selling their t8s at all. They are too hard to get right now through breeding. (Seen a couple potatoes gets posted, and one courser that was probably an attempt at a coordinated buy.)

2) The devs CANNOT also continue to keep our region breeding rate significantly below Korea and then put up additional barriers to selling horses. PA's own data will show that sales have dropped off significantly, and I imagine it will also show a decrease in breeder activity.

I think this is a huge disservice to the player base at large. For those of you that don't know, an increase in breeding rate means a t6+t6 has a chance to produce a t8, but right now only a combination involving a t7 or t8 has a chance.

And if you have tried breeding at all, you know that you will receive a t6 back consistently no matter WHAT you are breeding at those levels. If you are not a breeder, and you are frustrated with the lack of horses on the horse market (or your own results from attempted breeding), please voice your concerns.

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

#1 i agree with cuz some of my friends (2 to be specific trying to get T8s from me, no more).

#2 i disagree with, i spent lots of time getting those T8s, time i failed a lot but still kept at it and got a lot of T8s that is end game atm and soon replaced with T9 as an end game, kr T8 market is flooded cuz of that high breeding, you won't be able to easily sell average T8s and only p2w horses will sell quick.

Edited by SillySin
1 person likes this

Posted

#1 i agree with cuz some of my friends (2 to be specific trying to get T8s from me, no more).

#2 i disagree with, i spent lots of time getting those T8s, time i failed a lot but still kept at it and got a lot of T8s that is end game atm and soon replaced with T9 as an end game, kr T8 market is flooded cuz of that high breeding, you won't be able to easily sell average T8s and only p2w hors will sell quick.

I think horses will sell for quite a while on our server because so many people also want fast horses for alts, and there is a significant shortage to start with. Not only that, I know of several non-breeders that want to collect one of each skin and also have 3 coursers ready on top of it in order to attempt t9s.

I don't anticipate t8s just sitting on the market any time soon.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not in breeding business anymore I stoped around the time they introduced T8 because I got one. It was breed from T7+T6. I don't think two T6 should be able to produce a T8 that is a huge leap. When it starts there will be a flood of T8 and they should be somehow a special case not a common picture.

Also they sell for 100-200m that is not quite a lot when you consider how much you have to work for them. Is till have a stable full of T6 and T7, some even waiting to level  and breed. If they introduce increase breeding rate well there is gonna be a lot of production in those stables.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure Kakau would tell you that T8s are very easy to get, you just have to keep buying breeding resets and you will get one soon enough (not too soon though of course)

Posted

I think horses will sell for quite a while on our server because so many people also want fast horses for alts, and there is a significant shortage to start with. Not only that, I know of several non-breeders that want to collect one of each skin and also have 3 coursers ready on top of it in order to attempt t9s.

I don't anticipate t8s just sitting on the market any time soon.

Yeah sure, i want Tet weapons for my alts and Tet gear, can i make that easily? can i buy that from market easily? answer is no and so is for T8s.

Posted (edited)

This post is by a breeder not a general player whining about not having horses. BUT even I know there is something wrong with the horse system when I see players in large successful guilds still riding around on t6s.

The problem is that unlike KR or RUSSIA, NA/EU has TWO BOTTLENECKS to breeding. In order for horses to be more accessible for everyone, one of these two roadblocks has to be removed. It is quite frankly ridiculous that both exist in our version at the same time.

1) The serverwide announcement and then delay on t8s probably sounded great to non-breeders, but the fact is, when that happened, most people stopped selling their t8s at all. They are too hard to get right now through breeding. (Seen a couple potatoes gets posted, and one courser that was probably an attempt at a coordinated buy.)

2) The devs CANNOT also continue to keep our region breeding rate significantly below Korea and then put up additional barriers to selling horses. PA's own data will show that sales have dropped off significantly, and I imagine it will also show a decrease in breeder activity.

I think this is a huge disservice to the player base at large. For those of you that don't know, an increase in breeding rate means a t6+t6 has a chance to produce a t8, but right now only a combination involving a t7 or t8 has a chance.

And if you have tried breeding at all, you know that you will receive a t6 back consistently no matter WHAT you are breeding at those levels. If you are not a breeder, and you are frustrated with the lack of horses on the horse market (or your own results from attempted breeding), please voice your concerns.

I'm sorry but I kind of laughed. You want horses to be more accessible for everyone, but you refuse to even list them without begging for pearls (caus you obv spent pearls to get that courser) which isn't our fault nor our duty to reimburse you for your money spent.

So before you even want to have higher breeding chances so you can sell more t8s while still begging for pearls, sell them without begging for pearls then (or better yet don't spend your own money so easely). Then we can talk about having them be more accessible for everyone.

Also you can get t8s by breeding t7 and t6 idk where you get the idea you can't.

Edited by ManlyBeard

Posted

Yeah sure, i want Tet weapons for my alts and Tet gear, can i make that easily? can i buy that from market easily? answer is no and so is for T8s.

I would sell T8 horses in case they had the same value of silver like TET gear.

5 people like this

Posted

And people would pay for it too, haha. I have many guildies who said they'd gladly pay 600m for a really good t8.

Posted

I have not asked for pearls and do not intend to.

Yesterday I announced in chat that I would be listing a courser T7 with all skills inc 2 seater and also a T8.  Got whispers from a very nice person who wanted the T7, spent 30 mins waiting for him to sell stuff so he could afford it, was 78 mil, walked him thru how to refresh the market and grab it quickly.  Sold to an appreciative buyer, no pearls. A tip would have been nice but not necessary, glad he/ she was so happy with the horse.

I got whispers on the T8 - would sell for 102 mil but needed S:IA, Sides and S:Sides for courser, have everything else inc 2 seater, 15 skills so skill change coupons would prob have worked.  I just didnt have the money for them.  The questions I got were: does it have all the skills for courser ?  No? Oh, then not interested.  What colour is it?  Tan with black mane a T8B, oh well I want white.  But the main thing they wanted was a courser horse.  That means skill change coupons and I have no interest in using my money to get them that when the return on the horse price does not warrant it.  Friends, I would do that for and have done. Not random people in channel who were so unappreciative.  Again, I was not asking for pearls either.

T8 went to imperial vendor.

Posted

There's a third roadblock. T9 Awakening. I rarely sell horses on the horse-market because it's more valuable to sell to the imperial trainer for the seals which are useful for T9 awakening.

3 people like this

Posted

Additionally, while only the T8 horses get announced server-wide, the 10-minute listing queue applies to ALL HORSES.

So if I'm out capturing horses and I catch one that's good but not what I'm looking for, I can't put it for sale on the market if I don't have room at the stable.

Before this change, I could list the horse, and by the time I was back at the spawn point, I'd get the "Your mount has been sold" notice, so I knew there was room.

And if the horse didn't sell, I could always just cancel the listing and vendor to the NPC when registering the next one.  Now you can't cancel the listing during the cooldown at all, so that's out the window too.

So either you put up an announcement for EVERY HORSE LISTED, or you remove the queue for non-T8s.

I'm sorry but I kind of laughed. You want horses to be more accessible for everyone, but you refuse to even list them without begging for pearls (caus you obv spent pearls to get that courser) which isn't our fault nor our duty to reimburse you for your money spent.

So before you even want to have higher breeding chances so you can sell more t8s while still begging for pearls, sell them without begging for pearls then (or better yet don't spend your own money so easely). Then we can talk about having them be more accessible for everyone.

Also you can get t8s by breeding t7 and t6 idk where you get the idea you can't.

He said "a combination involving a T7 or T8". As in T7xT6 (8% chance at level 30) or T8xT6.

T8s are very precious. Why do you think they should just be sold to random strangers?

There are TET main hands for all classes listed on NA right now. Go get them!

And TETs for about half the awakening weapons.

Posted

The message for T8 never effected me, and never will as I do not sell T8's. I don't get enough of them anyway. I never feel the need to even try to get any that go up because 8/10 they're useless horses that require tons of money to make in to anything.

The lower rate is there to make money. Nothing more, nothing less. Keep it lower, keep the number of T8's down and people who only recently started try and catch up by spending money on resetting stupid low tier horses(which I feel many of them will regret). They likely feel they don't need to raise it as they're making good money on it.

We can hope they change their minds, but that's about it.

And also look forward to the likely massive outcry when T9 is released and people fail over and over and over. /sarcasm

Posted

I'd pay pearls anytime if i get the T8 i want, 1~because i know how hard to get one is(breeding resets) 2~ because of how hard to get the skills u want is and 3~for consideration, the price they set on them is unworthy. Why should you get what others work so hard for, for almost free.....is like wanting a lambo but works at mcdonalds

Posted

God you're an idiot. Yeas, you can breed a t8 with a 30 t7 and 27 t6. Also, no where in his post did he mention selling t8 for pearls. What is wrong with you. Are you missing a chromosome or have down syndrome?

There's a third roadblock. T9 Awakening. I rarely sell horses on the horse-market because it's more valuable to sell to the imperial trainer for the seals which are useful for T9 awakening.

totally agree with you here.

2 people like this

Posted

You missed the point that PA wants high tier horses to be rare.  They even called that out on the 1 year Infographic; "We don't have one either..." 

1 person likes this

Posted

There are TET main hands for all classes listed on NA right now. Go get them!

And TETs for about half the awakening weapons.

We have different market in Eu, we have no mem no Tets cuz you know reasons i can't say in here.

It won't be sell-able cuz everyone will be doing it if that was the case :) 

Posted

You missed the point that PA wants high tier horses to be rare.  They even called that out on the 1 year Infographic; "We don't have one either..." 

Yet KR has a higher breeding rate, and they had that before T9s came out.

Posted (edited)

As PandoraRose said, it is financial.  If it is easy to get T8s, people wont bother with breeding resets.  They wont bother trying to turn a low skilled T8 into a courser, when they can readily replace it and will do so til they get one with high skills.  So fewer skill change. brands, premium appearance coupons being sold....no wonder the company is holding back on the rate increase.  Probably felt they made a mistake in KR and not going to let that happen here.

Edited by Ramblinrose

Posted

I'm in no rush for a T8. They'll make it easier once T9s are released.

Posted

IuAjldg.jpg

7 people like this

Posted (edited)

As PandoraRose said, it is financial.  If it is easy to get T8s, people wont bother with breeding resets.  They wont bother trying to turn a low skilled T8 into a courser, when they can readily replace it and will do so til they get one with high skills.  So fewer skill change. brands, premium appearance coupons being sold....no wonder the company is holding back on the rate increase.  Probably felt they made a mistake in KR and not going to let that happen here.

not sure if more horses to level wouldn't bring more money with the running superstition (true or not) that the skill swapping gives more skills. And more people buying potatoes and reskinning/reskilling to get a courser and a shot at a T9 would probably make up for a potential breeding reset decline (though I doubt it would even happen, seing how long it takes to level a high tier to 30)

Anyhow, the breeding rate will go up eventually. Busy enough levelling my horses for when it happens.

Edited by magret

Posted

I had multiple alt accounts running horses until they added the timer. Now I can't transfer them to my main account. So it's no longer worth me having anything to do with horses. I was one of the biggest horse breeders on NA (not the biggest, one of the biggest). Any mount you've ever had with the name "MountsByStab" was mine.

They ninja nerfed horse abilities as well. Between the already crappy prices and the low RNG that pushes you to buy horse coupons it's amazing any horse breeders still do this.

1 person likes this

Posted

I had multiple alt accounts running horses until they added the timer. Now I can't transfer them to my main account. So it's no longer worth me having anything to do with horses. I was one of the biggest horse breeders on NA (not the biggest, one of the biggest). Any mount you've ever had with the name "MountsByStab" was mine.

They ninja nerfed horse abilities as well. Between the already crappy prices and the low RNG that pushes you to buy horse coupons it's amazing any horse breeders still do this.

I got a nice male T6N from you. Ty!  Im going thru existing stock too and quitting.

not sure if more horses to level wouldn't bring more money with the running superstition (true or not) that the skill swapping gives more skills. And more people buying potatoes and reskinning/reskilling to get a courser and a shot at a T9 would probably make up for a potential breeding reset decline (though I doubt it would even happen, seing how long it takes to level a high tier to 30)

Anyhow, the breeding rate will go up eventually. Busy enough levelling my horses for when it happens.

Thing is, I think in KR you can get a T8 from two T5s.  So theoretically you can go out, catch a couple and possibly get a T8.  Thereby skipping our current T6 x T6 nightmare of more T6s...which you have to level too.  Then if you are really lucky you get T7s which you have to level as well, prob use resets on to cross your fingers and hope for a T8....and not more T6s,

By being able to go directly to a T8 from a T5, wow would save so much time afk autlooping and breeding resets.  Totally doable by most players.

Posted

God you're an idiot. Yeas, you can breed a t8 with a 30 t7 and 27 t6. Also, no where in his post did he mention selling t8 for pearls. What is wrong with you. Are you missing a chromosome or have down syndrome?

totally agree with you here.

mmmm the ocean.

He may not mention it, or say he doesn't do it, but 99% do it, so it's kind of implied.

Are you sure you're not a single digit? or even negative?