• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Not OP?

49 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

While dk was regarded as OP I'm starting to have my doubts.

Talking only kr and I think it's dp patch server.

I was watching some vods of domirara on twitch and I saw him getting completely stomped by multiple classes. Warrior and wizard were the hardest to watch.  He would forw right click +lvl 60 flow + shift right click +shift left +shift e X2 and that would roughly take 80% of his opponent hp.  Meanwhile wizard and sorc are still capable of deleting with 2 skills. ???? He has 251 ap btw.

Pls just kr talk I know dmg is high in eu now. 

KR: You clearly missed the stream were Domirara & other DK's were 1 shotting groups of players in RBF the day we got the DP & DK awakening patch
KR: "highest K/D ratio compared to all other classes" dev quote, "failing to just beat wizard in overall kills" Dev quote.
NA: clearly dont do RBF theres some in there that can 2 shot you at ranged, its as bad as the ninja 2 hit death attack from invisible.

Everybody know ninja/giant are weak 😑

Incorrect Giant is OP'ish, but wont get as many kills due to design
Ninja is poorly played by NA, only class that can 2 shot players & invisible & can combo kill invisible top up HP, come back while stacking evasions. ~ yeah poorly played, 2 hit kill attacks is OP but class is balanced & Working, no way Weak

& for anyone that want to bring Kuno into the mix via dev quote or crying: its OP, lower AP on kuno scales higher than any class, to much movement with CC chain attacks & has desync issues which is its third biggest issue, Also has invisible, It quite literally if played right is a top OP class. regardless of what Devs say, Try fighting a good one 1v1 & RBF & node war. You say otherwise i know you are lying.

Anyway striker is coming,everybody will forget DK

This is true
Like how DK came out & the wizards op'ness is still here, mildly less due to dp buff, but now taboo to talk about even tho its still true in a apple to apples comprison to any class due to DK being a step above other classes in power & no cost movement/dodging, flow of attacks not causing animation lock like other classes.

Edited by prymortal

Posted (edited)

i guess he plays musa.... XDDDDDD

Musa doesn't have spammable iframes tho, maybe I got your message wrong.

DK seems quite strong, no limits on her movements, long range, big AoEs and they're able to rotate immunity skills (block/SA/iframes) like wizards do, with less damage output tho but it's still strong. I think the strongest part is how mobile they are while dealing damage opposed to most classes which either deal damage or move (ninja, sorc, musa, maehwa.. etc).

Edited by Zubi

Posted (edited)

You take dmage while super armor

Yeah, so does every class

your frontal block break after 2 hits

Frontal block hardly breaks. You're confusing it with your block. It's not supposed to be strong. You got i-frames.

and your i-frame have cooldown

You can just infinitely chain Smoky Haze and Dusk and it restores mana = spammable

you are pretty bad if you can't hit a DK in 1v1,it's not easy but largely doable.

That statement in itself is a paradox.

Edited by ChimiChanga
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

As always wich class do you play guys?

It s so easy to point OPness from a class without nothing to compare.If you play sorceress/giant/warrior/witch/wizard/maewha/musa/ninja i don't know what to do for you.

Edited by Angryman

Posted

I beat DK's in RBF and NW on a Tamer.  And in duels.   When they have 2 levels on me.

They can't be that OP, because I'm a scrub.

Posted

It's clear you don't play DK in PvP, at least not against anyone worth note worthy gear or skill. The i-frames are not spammable by any means, there's a huge gap in them unlike musa, maehwa, and sorc. The frontal guard which has shared hp with the block and two core dps skills gets melted in 1-2 skills. A single legacy from another DK with decent ap takes out 70% of the shield's health. If you can't 1v1 a DK, you don't know how DKs work. They have a lot of gaps everywhere and have fairly long CDs on all skills worth using. There are many times where a DK will have Legacy, Shattering Darkness, Seed/root, smokey, dusk, trap of vedir, and twilight ALL on cooldown while the block is also weak from using legacy and shattering to trade damage against super armors.It takes maybe 4 seconds to use all of those, many with 10 second cooldowns. The dodges on their own are not enough to survive with all the gaps and cooldowns in the meantime. DK isn't even remotely OP in 1v1. It's arguably OP in high end GvG meaning 230+ AP, but they function basically the same as Witch/Wiz in that manner and should be focused on as such.

2 people like this

Posted

I never said, that I can't beat DK's. I know about the cooldowns, gaps between the i-frames and the other stuff. You don't have to enlighten me about that.

Maybe Legacy takes off 70% your frontal guard, but still 30% left. How often can your enemy attack you before you go into the next i-frame or block? Your skills with frontal guard have like 1 or 2 seconds cast time. It is very doubtful that he can break your frontal guard by that.

It is true, that there are gaps between the i-frames. Everything else would be nonsense. Otherwise you could deal damage and get invincible till your skills are not on cooldown anymore.

Posted

I never said, that I can't beat DK's. 

muscle-allows-shrug-shoulders_ff4389680fe77b7e.jpg

Posted (edited)

as predicted the unskilled players flocked to the new broken class after witch/wizard and still suck, so it must not be overpowered

Meanwhile every skilled player is wrecking face with DK. Even players that were just 'average+ /almost good but not quite' are now going to town on this class in RBF, nodes and sieges

Have you guys ever, once in your lifetime, considered that maybe its not the class but you?

Edited by CasualNova

Posted (edited)

edit:i didn t understand your statement the first time now i did.

keep your "dumb" everybody aren't english native/fluent,keep cool boy.

Edited by Angryman

Posted (edited)

Did i say somewhere DK  sucks?

Did i say it 's bad class and i can't beat anyone?

You are the whiny whiny boy ,who can't beat DK ,who don't even read the discussion,went salty,in the story,don't reverse roles.

What the ----- are you even on about? Where did I reply to you or gave a hint that I gave a shit about what you talk about or think before quoting this post? Is your reading comprehension terrible or are you just dumb?

My statement is pretty true, as seen in comments like 

'DK has horrible stat scaling.' 'Any CC on you any sort will bring you to death while damage from dk is average compared to more resistant classes that can one combo your face.'

'LOL you think dk is op...'

'Yeah, I have to agree. I only have 207 ap and 283 dp on my dk with enough acc, but I just feel useless. The dmg is just not there. I was dueling warrior and zerker who had 300-350 dp, and killing them is nearly impossible, if it is even... The warrior just straight out one shots me if I ever get caught, and he has 210 ap. I have to batter on him for minutes to even make a dent... The zerker can't catch me, but I can't do enough dmg to kill him, so it's just a stale mate. :D The only thing I found easy to kill on dk is the ranger, and only if you don't get grabbed. Idk. Maybe on korean levels of ap (250+) it gets op... but currently, it's not really useful at all. Wizard/witch with this ap could be easily be competitive... '

As well as your very own comment: 'you are pretty bad if you can't hit a DK in 1v1'. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/137829131 - this is the best Sorc on NA, at 4 hours he starts dueling an alright DK. Guess who has trouble hitting the other and who wins the majority of the duels? (hint: class rhymes with Bark Light)

I don't need to read/answer the original discussion when the majority of people in this thread ignore it regardless and try to paint their new OP class as not really useful. lul. 

Point still stands: Its not the class thats not useful, you guys.

Edited by CasualNova

Posted

Well, there are times when gear and level are greater issues than skill.  When I was 57 I duelled a 59 Maehwa who had 220AP (vs my 260 DP at the time) to try and learn about their class.  All their hits beat mine, everything they had overrode all my attempts to hit them.  I'd come at them and they'd crack my front blocking engage move like it was paper.

So if you're on a higher level DK, attacking lower level, lower geared targets than you, it's going to seem like you're completely OP because they couldn't do much to do you even if they got into range.  That's gear carry, even though skill does have something to do with it.

Though I'll also be honest, I've fought people who had no business challenging me, they did very little damage even when I let them, and I could spam my attacks all day without them being able to interrupt me at all.

Posted

trying dk right now OMG i love it, don't nerf it is so powerful c: leave it so it can become my main and i can rekt all newbies :D

Posted

trying dk right now OMG i love it, don't nerf it is so powerful c: leave it so it can become my main and i can rekt all newbies :D

Put spirit legacy on hotbar and spam that key. so your pinky wont hurt that much. ;)

DK is not OP. Strong in the right hands, but certainly not OP.

Posted (edited)

It's clear you don't play DK in PvP, at least not against anyone worth note worthy gear or skill. The i-frames are not spammable by any means, there's a huge gap in them unlike musa, maehwa, and sorc. The frontal guard which has shared hp with the block and two core dps skills gets melted in 1-2 skills. A single legacy from another DK with decent ap takes out 70% of the shield's health. If you can't 1v1 a DK, you don't know how DKs work. They have a lot of gaps everywhere and have fairly long CDs on all skills worth using. There are many times where a DK will have Legacy, Shattering Darkness, Seed/root, smokey, dusk, trap of vedir, and twilight ALL on cooldown while the block is also weak from using legacy and shattering to trade damage against super armors.It takes maybe 4 seconds to use all of those, many with 10 second cooldowns. The dodges on their own are not enough to survive with all the gaps and cooldowns in the meantime. DK isn't even remotely OP in 1v1. It's arguably OP in high end GvG meaning 230+ AP, but they function basically the same as Witch/Wiz in that manner and should be focused on as such.

Quality shitpost, it's piss easy to indefinitely chain SA/iFrames/Guards on a dk without a single gap or downtime. In fact it only takes like 60% of your kit to do so. I'm also not sure how you manage to die due to a broken block, literally everything you have to do while your block is broken/low is using two of your gazillion SA/iFrame dashes/spells and it's back to full hp again. Besides grab the only things that catches me are sorcs or plums that port behind me with stigma/nightmare during shattering/legacy which only happens due to my own missplay anyways. Myself getting caught by anything else is just a complete l2p issue on my end and wouldn't happen if I just played it better.

Edited by Reawakened

Posted (edited)

It's clear you don't play DK in PvP, at least not against anyone worth note worthy gear or skill. The i-frames are not spammable by any meansthere's a huge gap in them unlike musa, maehwa, and sorc. The frontal guard which has shared hp with the block and two core dps skills gets melted in 1-2 skills. A single legacy from another DK with decent ap takes out 70% of the shield's health. If you can't 1v1 a DK, you don't know how DKs work. They have a lot of gaps everywhere and have fairly long CDs on all skills worth using. There are many times where a DK will have Legacy, Shattering Darkness, Seed/root, smokey, dusk, trap of vedir, and twilight ALL on cooldown while the block is also weak from using legacy and shattering to trade damage against super armors.It takes maybe 4 seconds to use all of those, many with 10 second cooldowns. The dodges on their own are not enough to survive with all the gaps and cooldowns in the meantime. DK isn't even remotely OP in 1v1. It's arguably OP in high end GvG meaning 230+ AP, but they function basically the same as Witch/Wiz in that manner and should be focused on as such.

This is false. 

• Musa/Maehwa have a dash with an iframe every 6 seconds, it only gives super armor on CD.
  • Frontal guard shares block health on every class, and unless you're a valk or a warrior it breaks as fast for all of us.
  • Sorceress also has gaps between their iframes.

Comparing a class in damage output with wizard/witch while also being able to compare it with musa/maehwa/sorc in mobility is not exactly weak.. All of the mentioned classes need to get close to their targets to deal damage while you can just nuke as you move around immune to CCs, it's hard to catch DKs but it's also normal because their awakenings just came out and the rest of us non-fotm rerollers need to figure out how they work before we can even discuss balance. 

Edited by Zubi
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

the rest of us non-fotm rerollers 

Don't put all players who play DK in the same boat,some of us simply love the class design and come from class with sub-par or unsatisfying awakening.

I played kuno since her launch,i love her pre-awakened set but her awakening wasn't really what i expected.

If DK is really OP,they can nerf her i don't really give a -----.

Edited by Angryman

Posted

Musa/Maehwa have a dash with an iframe every 6 seconds, it only gives super armor on CD.

I believe it's 4 sec but yeah.

Musa/Maehwa have a dash with an iframe every 6 seconds, it only gives super armor on CD.

I believe it's 4 sec but yeah.

Posted (edited)

Don't put all players who play DK in the same boat,some of us simply love the class design and come from class with sub-par or unsatisfying awakening.

I played kuno since her launch,i love her pre-awakened set but her awakening wasn't really what i expected.

If DK is really OP,they can nerf her i don't really give a -----.

Yea sorry it was directed at him who seems to have no idea how other classes look and makes up lies to defend an argument. Also yea like @Jagari said I got the cooldown time wrong but still not spammable like he said.

I don't claim DK needs to be nerfed, every new class will be far superior to others on release simply because they don't know how that class plays or how to fight her. All I'm saying is her kit seems incredibly strong and time will tell whether she needs to be toned down a little, at least from my point of view (someone who meets DKs in PvP all the time) and having access to the best off-hand in the game (Saiyer) is also an important factor, she's the only not-tanky class in the game who can use that.

But it's not like warrior who is unkillable for me as a Musa unless I outgear him or he plays really bad.

Edited by Zubi

Posted (edited)

But it's not like warrior who is unkillable for me as a Musa unless I outgear him or he plays really bad.

DK struggle against warrior too because "no grab",they UP warrior in the last patch xD

Edited by Angryman

Posted

DK struggle against warrior too because "no grab",they UP warrior in the last patch xD

Even classes with a grab can struggle vs warrior.  >.>

Posted

of course -_-

Posted (edited)

Omg dk so op and warrior, sorc, wiz, and witch suck and need buffs. 

[Deleted content] Inappropriate language

Edited by p0hil
[Deleted content] Inappropriate language

Posted

Sorry for the late reply, yes you struggle but you can put pressure on their shield from a safe distance and your skills allow you to kite + do damage at the same time so you force them to move more or they'll break their shield thus making them vulnerable to CCs, while I need to get on their face with no iframes and risk a grab > ultimate one shot.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0