• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

This game is a parasite.

25 posts in this topic

Posted

This game is a parasite? The game in which you spend a lot of time to get nothing. 

The drop rate is incredibly small. People already offer real money for things at the auction. Things you need to play in Valencia, or further on just do not sell on the auction and do not drop from mobs and bosses.

The deficit of everything you need just frightens. And for the crafters even worse. More than not enough black stone powder, a profession with every patch get Nerf. Silver embroidered Clothes improves worse than the accessories (no possibility to use cron stone).  At the auction from the beginning of the game only 1  +4 Silver embroidered Clothes was sold. Even the ogr ring +4 was sold 19 pieces.

Raising the level after 56 is too boring and long. And there are no normal places to raise the level. 

Improving weapons just infuriates. Every few days I want to delete the game. And no one will want to pay the game that he wants to delete.

About the game store with inflated prices people have said many times. But really is there a benefit in 1 person buy a suit for 30 euros than the 100 people for 3 euros?  And valu pack If it cost 5 euros, everyone would buy it. The same applies to the functions and pets If the pet was worth the euro people would prefer to buy them all. And the function for alts is now rarely bought.

It's feels that this is not a game but a job. The game should be to relax, relieve stress.  And not to cause hatred,desire to delete the game every night. The desire to smash the monitor by hitting the face of the black spirit. 

In this game such a big interesting world. I want to enjoy THIS game and NOT wait in it until some interesting game is released.

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you dont like the game, dont play

none of your arguments is valids, 

EDIT = and dont you dare hitting that cute black spirit

Edited by Nelyvia
7 people like this

Posted

Then dont play the RNG games within the game then. Step back and chill with life skills.

2 people like this

Posted

I'm afraid this just isn't the game for you.

Many players here quite like the challenge. Many players are willing to work for their rewards. Many players are happy grinding past 56.

Also, if the pearl shop pricing was effecting sales so bad, then why has nothing been changed? I'll tell you why. The price may be high, but people are still willing to pay for it!

If you dislike this game, then take a break, or move on to another game. No one is forcing you to stay. You obviously haven't found whatever it is that you're looking for here, so why stick around?

2 people like this

Posted

Maybe you are right. But in this game there are so many good things,but a few bad things make it so much worse.

This is feels not like a challenge but struggle.

And my black spirit in alts is big and evil and constantly mocks them.

Posted

Do life-skills! Play "active" every 2-3 days.

And enjoy other games like shooters/rts/singeplayer games :D

Posted

i think no game can be a parasite as long it makes your laugh and have fun even if you play farmvile or something else everygame has two sides

Posted

This game is a parasite? The game in which you spend a lot of time to get nothing. 

In every game you spend a lot of time and get nothing. Even in trivial pursuit,monopoly and chess. The only thing you get is enjoyment.

The drop rate is incredibly small. People already offer real money for things at the auction. Things you need to play in Valencia, or further on just do not sell on the auction and do not drop from mobs and bosses.

In every game rare items have a low drop rate. this is nothing new. If there were no  rare items, game would be boring.

The deficit of everything you need just frightens. And for the crafters even worse. More than not enough black stone powder, a profession with every patch get Nerf. Silver embroidered Clothes improves worse than the accessories (no possibility to use cron stone).  At the auction from the beginning of the game only 1  +4 Silver embroidered Clothes was sold. Even the ogr ring +4 was sold 19 pieces.

I guess there is a lot of things you don't know. Each magical crystal can be grinded to make blackstone powder.

Cloth +3  +4  are hard to make. If not everybody would have them. I don't see your point.

Raising the level after 56 is too boring and long. And there are no normal places to raise the level. 

In MMO every game, there is moment where it becomes hard to level.

I don't know what you cal normal, but there is plenty of place to raise your level.

Improving weapons just infuriates. Every few days I want to delete the game. And no one will want to pay the game that he wants to delete.

Improving weapons is easy until a certain point. You don't need go further if you are not ready for it. This is what make those weapon valuable and give you enjoyment when you manage to make it.

About the game store with inflated prices people have said many times. But really is there a benefit in 1 person buy a suit for 30 euros than the 100 people for 3 euros?  And valu pack If it cost 5 euros, everyone would buy it. The same applies to the functions and pets If the pet was worth the euro people would prefer to buy them all. And the function for alts is now rarely bought.

Those are Optional and nowhere a must. I never spend euro to get an Outfit or a Value pack, Still, i have several value pack and several costumes.

It's feels that this is not a game but a job. The game should be to relax, relieve stress.  And not to cause hatred,desire to delete the game every night. The desire to smash the monitor by hitting the face of the black spirit. 

I can only guess that your tried to upgrade something and it didn't work. You are the one causing stress for yourself and not taking GAMES easy.

the game is not stressing you, you are stressing yourself. think about it. Maybe you should not try to upgrade if you don't have the backbone.

In this game such a big interesting world. I want to enjoy THIS game and NOT wait in it until some interesting game is released.

I see that you like this game, this is why i took my time to answer your post. We eared what you had to say. We feel your pain, you are not alone.

It is ok, posting frustration is a way to move on. that's good for your health. I invite you to do it every time.

1 person likes this

Posted

I can't disagree. It's a great game ruined by systems designed to be frustrating at every turn. Unless they actually change that, I'm just doing what I can here until something better comes along. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I can't disagree. It's a great game ruined by systems designed to be frustrating at every turn. Unless they actually change that, I'm just doing what I can here until something better comes along. 

Same for me. I am just tinkering around in bdo until path of exile and GW2 expansions release. My start in bdo was interesting, but frustrating. The game just gets even more frustrating the more I get invested into it. So it is inevitable that I find myself itching to leave, it is just a question of what games/expansion are out there for me to go to.

Edited by Redfeather75
1 person likes this

Posted

I play like an hour or so every day... waiting for World Bosses to appear doing event stuff or anything if I feel like it. The last 2 weeks I played this game just like this made about 10m each day and see it's 14 days and my storage got 140m now. I'm fine with this until the striker releases... gonna play bit more active from that day. For a low time investement I'm fine and the rest of my freetime I just play other games.

Posted

Sry But go play any other mmo were you Can get max LvL + max Equipp in 1 month...... thats sooooooo boring . Just accept the challenge or leave 

1 person likes this

Posted

Idk bro. Im having fun here, if you're not- i suggest you leave dude.

BDO is a mad unique MMO, & it's not for everyone, so like maybe dude, it's just not for you.

2 people like this

Posted

This game is not much worse / better than other sandbox style.  I played Archeage for about a year before getting banned due to the way I was farming the library.

In AA, labor was king.  You needed it for damn near anything, and without it, you were stuck.  Yes, you could farm materials, but you couldn't even open drops.

I started BDO about a year ago now, and since then, a lot has changed.  Energy (labor equivalent of AA) was required for everything.  Now, it is gathering and speaking are about it.  Maybe alchemy, I haven't done it in a while.  Higher end accessories / gear are almost being thrown at the player base.  I remember the excitement when my first Witch's earring or Mark of Shadow dropped, now I have like 10 of each.  Hell, got an Ogre ring out of a box last night.  Yes, the drop rate is low for some of the high-end stuff, but it IS HIGH END STUFF.

+4 anything shirts are supposed to be rare.  If you really want one, invest in the nodes and workers to make your own.  Most of the shirts I have are +1 with a few +2.  I made them.  Granted, could have / should have gone for higher, but I had a nice side business selling the normal ones on the AH.

Weapon / armor regrading is significantly more gentle in BDO than AA.  In AA after a certain level, it 'breaks' and is gone.  Yes, shirts and accessories do the same here.  However, since my regrading skills / luck suck, I have saved up funds and purchased from the AH.  I should note that is IN GAME FUNDS, not VISA/MC/etc.

AA it was hard to get ahead without credit cards.  From what I have read, it has gotten worse.  In about a year, I have gear that gets my main 196/190/249, which is not great compared to some, but allows me to at least attempt most anything I want.  Here's the kicker, your complaining about getting ahead, I have 5 other active alts with gear scores running around 150 ap /180 dp.  They are my daily farmers to make money and get the hand-me-downs from my main.  If I would have just concentrated on my main, I would have significantly higher gear, or a crap load of cash.  Thing is, I have not spent nearly as much as I did in AA, and feel like I can actually get somewhere.  It was not handed to me, it took about 6-9 months to get things rolling.

Yes, the black powder shortage is annoying, but it is an opportunity.  For whatever reason I get tons of crystals in the abandoned iron mine in Mediah, go there, the mobs are not too tough, farm the crystals, break them = cash + the other drops.

My main is 58, I have 3 56s as well as a bunch in the 53-55 range.  Yes, leveling is slow, but this is not a game where you can get to max level in a week, unlike many others out there.  Again, if I concentrated on my main only, he'd be much higher.  A couple months ago they added the daily xp boosts, plus there are tons of foods and things, so leveling is slow, but manageable.

And before you say I spend 10+ hours a day playing, I spend about 2 hours a night during the week doing the dailies.  During the weekend I might play 4 hours a day taking my main exploring or farming (pirates, Valencia, wherever).  I am sure there are more 'efficient' farming places / means, but I am not in a rush to get to 60+, and I frankly have other stuff to do.

At the end of the day, if it frustrates you so, why is it still installed / why are you still playing?  If you want things handed to you, go play Revelation Online (was founder, don't like it because it is an MMO on rails, almost).

3 people like this

Posted

Have just downloaded BdO.... this thread is the best review ive seen xD 

Posted

I am really enjoying the game, including most of the things you seem to dislike.  It can appear complicated etc but it is really not once you unwrap it all.  I am happy and it relieves my stress everyday.  Great game, so glad to have found it.

2 people like this

Posted

I am really enjoying the game, including most of the things you seem to dislike.  It can appear complicated etc but it is really not once you unwrap it all.  I am happy and it relieves my stress everyday.  Great game, so glad to have found it.

Agreed, there is a lot of smoke and mirrors and it's obvious as day once you see it. Enchant, especially on Accessories combined with brutal drop rates on the same items makes it so remote it just feels like more smoke and mirrors but enchanting any accessories is brutal. You can force Armor and weapons to Tri and if you did that you would be looking at a 650 or so gear score. I figure it would take you 6 months if you get all the blackstones and shards yourself but you could do it. It's not as though the game is scheduled to close in 5 months or something.

Posted

Kappa

Posted

This game will certainly try your patience, and make you feel at times that you will never get one thing or another accomplished. But really, at the end of the day this game gives you more sense of satisfaction than any other I have experienced in a game. This is because there is no real way to just take the short cut path and buy your way through.  What you achieve, what others achieve, was obtained through actual devotion to the game.

Some things are strange to get use to, and others even harder to understand the reasoning for being one way or another.. but, somehow things have a way of balancing out very well, in my opinion.. so far.

1 person likes this

Posted

Not the game for you bro. Peace out. Give me your account :)

Posted

Have just downloaded BdO.... this thread is the best review ive seen xD 

Hope you enjoy it, but don't get too attached. It isn't until you've gotten far enough in the game to feel invested that the game can afford to throw diminishing returns and RNG all over your face. You'll be doing one thing mindlessly for days to get a 'dice roll', that will potentially cripple you and expect you to repeat x2 to test your luck again... or buy cash shop items to reduce the risk.

Posted

Hope you enjoy it, but don't get too attached. It isn't until you've gotten far enough in the game to feel invested that the game can afford to throw diminishing returns and RNG all over your face. You'll be doing one thing mindlessly for days to get a 'dice roll', that will potentially cripple you and expect you to repeat x2 to test your luck again... or buy cash shop items to reduce the risk.

That certainly can happen.. even more so to anyone not willing to really understand how to roll those dice.

1 person likes this

Posted

i agree.. ALL NEW PPL>> UNINSTAL THIS CANCER  of a game

im uninstalling .. piss on this upgrading system that gives you NOTHING BUT -----ING HATRED NOTHING !@ . this game is so disgusting  the creators of such a cancerous game should be publicly shot in the face.. i will never buy another korean game ever.. this has been the most miserable 1 year of my gaming life.

Posted

i agree.. ALL NEW PPL>> UNINSTAL THIS CANCER  of a game

im uninstalling .. piss on this upgrading system that gives you NOTHING BUT -----ING HATRED NOTHING !@ . this game is so disgusting  the creators of such a cancerous game should be publicly shot in the face.. i will never buy another korean game ever.. this has been the most miserable 1 year of my gaming life.

Someone failed another TRI ogre i see.

Posted

A game I'm closely familiar with that gives you close to nothing after weeks of grinding: FFXIV. You want to be disappointed? Play that.