• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ending the level 10 node debate

58 posts in this topic

Posted

For anyone still sitting on the fence about getting nodes to level 10 and if they help with drops.

1e1qppsgc5vx.png

A round of applause to the people who put in the work for this and a smack over bdo's head for making them do it in the first place. Their lack of communication once again sends a large number of players towards a massive waste of time and less time progressing in the game. This is way worse then ninja nerfs.

14 people like this

Posted

For anyone still sitting on the fence about getting nodes to level 10 and if they help with drops.

1e1qppsgc5vx.png

A round of applause to the people who put in the work for this and a smack over bdo's head for making them do it in the first place. Their lack of communication once again sends a large number of players towards a massive waste of time and less time progressing in the game. This is way worse then ninja nerfs.

Pretty sure Big and Shiny already proved that node level means nothing... AWHILE ago.

8 people like this

Posted

To be fair, a year ago it was affirmed by a dev that node investment was not finished system. For some reason players did not want to believe this and so this issue has dragged on and on. It certainly does not help that kakao NA employee's consistently make up shit.

Posted

I hate the fact they use pseudo mystery around game mechanics, it hides non functioning designs and delay any possible feedback on a bug or a balance problem.

You have to do a plethora of tests to show what they did because they are hiding behind the horrible stance: "We change this but we can't tell you what we did, so you're probably just experiencing what's meant to be."

Good way to pile up problems going under radar.

7 people like this

Posted

I hate the fact they use pseudo mystery around game mechanics, it hides non functioning designs and delay any possible feedback on a bug or a balance problem.

You have to do a plethora of tests to show what they did because they are hiding behind the horrible stance: "We change this but we can't tell you what we did, so you're probably just experiencing what's meant to be."

It still wont matter as Kakao NA, CM jouska promoted to Project manager for BDO still claims it works as intended and all players data is wrong.

Posted

This proves nothing at all.

The tooltip on node level tells about item rarity.

The tests are all about droprate, that's quantity and not quality.

The dude even writes in that screenshot "rarity has not been tested, sample size too low".

1 person likes this

Posted

Not to mention, his 1 ring per 15,000 mobs is completely made up. The whole test is based on a made up drop rate that the author suspected to be accurate. Anywho, I believe he has already left bdo and gone back to proving climate change is real.

Posted

So its RNG. 

Kudos to the guys who did it, and thats pretty hardcore :P 

Posted (edited)

Not to mention, his 1 ring per 15,000 mobs is completely made up. The whole test is based on a made up drop rate that the author suspected to be accurate. Anywho, I believe he has already left bdo and gone back to proving climate change is real.

This proves nothing at all.

The tooltip on node level tells about item rarity.

The tests are all about droprate, that's quantity and not quality.

The dude even writes in that screenshot "rarity has not been tested, sample size too low".

Guys look at screenshot properly pls... We all know that node lvl, mob knowledge is supposed to have effect on rare drops only like: green items (armor/weapon), blue items (accessories), blackstones and scroll parts (same with kama buff)... Compare only that then... On pirate in 135k kills he got 239/86 green armor/accessories on lvl 10 compared to 228/100 on lvl 1... Thats only thing you should look at from all his testing!! Aournd 300 drops in 135k kills should be enough data to compare... Well at sausan or gahaz i feel like i got more rare drops on lvl 9 then on lvl 0-1, maybe only pirate are bugged in that case... Someone should do that test for gahaz and sausan too...

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

This is a totally new topic and has not been thoroughly debunked already.

Posted

Continuing to flush my energy down the night vendor black hole...yup.

Posted (edited)

Guys look at screenshot properly pls... We all know that node lvl, mob knowledge is supposed to have effect on rare drops only like: green items (armor/weapon), blue items (accessories), blackstones and scroll parts (same with kama buff)... Compare only that then... On pirate in 135k kills he got 239/86 green armor/accessories on lvl 10 compared to 228/100 on lvl 1... Thats only thing you should look at from all his testing!! Aournd 300 drops in 135k kills should be enough data to compare... Well at sausan or gahaz i feel like i got more rare drops on lvl 9 then on lvl 0-1, maybe only pirate are bugged in that case... Someone should do that test for gahaz and sausan too...

Again, you confuse quality with quantity, comparing the amount of same items  "220 green armor vs 240 green armor".

Kamasylve buff tooltip says droprate, that was confirmed.

And the rarity thing (yellow vs green) wasn't tested as said ("sample rate not high enough").

Edited by Spartakatz

Posted (edited)

Again, you confuse quality with quantity, comparing the amount of same items  "220 green armor vs 240 green armor".

Kamasylve buff tooltip says droprate, that was confirmed.

And the rarity thing (yellow vs green) wasn't tested as said ("sample rate not high enough").

Lvl of node has exactly same effect that kamasylve buff (increasing quantity of rare drops) thats why its best to use them both together (along with increased blackstone event)... Chance to drop green armor/pirate accessories/scrolls parts/shards is quite high compared to yellow accessories thats why they are best to test lvl node effect on them... Thats why crescent spot is stupid place to test it, but sausan/gahaz/pirate are good for that... Only yellow accessories wasnt really tested (cause chance for drop is too low anyway), green items drop on different lvl node ppl test for themself all time...

Edited by Dorsai

Posted

Lvl of node has exactly same effect that kamasylve buff (increasing quantity of rare drops) thats why its best to use them both together (along with increased blackstone event)... Chance to drop green armor/pirate accessories/scrolls parts/shards is quite high compared to yellow accessories thats why they are best to test lvl node effect on them... Thats why crescent spot is stupid place to test it, but sausan/gahaz/pirate are good for that... Only yellow accessories wasnt really tested (cause chance for drop is too low anyway), green items drop on different lvl node ppl test for themself all time...

Well, the test from this thread says the opposite. How would you explain that?

Posted

1aUggGy.jpg

11 people like this

Posted

@CM_Aethon @CM_Kabz

@CM_Oli @CM_Praballo @CM_Serenity @CM_Tytyes @CM_Yukimur

Fix that node investment. maybe one time give a F about us the players, that give u the money for your PAYCHECKS.

So many huge bugs in that game, and the node invset system is broken for over a year now and nothing is changed.

Best way to lose customers is to lie and just dont care about them, and about your product  :)

Posted

@CykaChu then what exactly is broken, where did you read how it exactly works, but doesn't ? How exactly do you measure "increased rarity", and how much is it off? Or do you expect Ogre ring dropping like trash loot?

The "increased droprate" was an invention from players, I haven't seen anything about it ingame so far.

Posted

Well, the test from this thread says the opposite. How would you explain that?

Like i said to me it looks like only pirate spot is bugged, in gahaz or sausan i feel like i got more green items/scroll parts/blackstone drops with lvl 9 (i never lvl up to 10 though), but someone need to do test in that spots to confirm it...

Posted

@CykaChu then what exactly is broken, where did you read how it exactly works, but doesn't ? How exactly do you measure "increased rarity", and how much is it off? Or do you expect Ogre ring dropping like trash loot?

The "increased droprate" was an invention from players, I haven't seen anything about it ingame so far.

Node_Invst.thumb.jpg.279be63c8f719fa446f

I know for some challenged  kids like you its very hard to read ingame.

"Ogre drops" You really trying to give the ogre spot as an example? you might be the only one that still grinding them then, because ppl have stopped grinding these shitty ogres long long time ago.

And ofc you havent seen because how it looks like youre not even playing the game, just posting in forums allday long.

The node investment doesnt work, not getting more trash loot, or any other items more with the node. as to "rare drops" its all rng based anyways even if you dont have the node you getting the item dropped.

Its ok to deny, and kissass the devs balls while you probably got 0 knowledge about the game while spending your time in forums try to deny other ppl real tests. Go and test it yourself then with you 450gs probably. pleb

Posted

It still wont matter as Kakao NA, CM jouska promoted to Project manager for BDO still claims it works as intended and all players data is wrong.

He could be right sadly. It's maybe intended that investing nodes does ----- all but drain energy? :S

Also curious if map related. Maybe node investment still works in original maps like Calpheon or Serendia? I don't remember anyone getting crappy loot from T10 nodes at Hexe or Monastery for example, back when that was "endgame" lol. These weird results all comes from testing in newer maps&nodes like Valencia or Kuit Islands.

Posted

Not to menCresces 1 ring per 15,000 mobs is completely made up. The whole test is based on a made up drop rate that the author suspected to be accurate. Anywho, I believe he has already left bdo and gone back to proving climate change is real.

I farmed Crescent  from 56 to 58 and got 2 soiled so 15000 doesnt seem off plus my node is level 8 using the 7 day blessing and gm blessing not one ring

Posted

Grind to level, lifeskill to make money, be thankful for good drops but be prepared to buy the rest.

Posted

A couple of months ago I took the plunge and gave up my Fogans node. Since then I have had 2-3 times the scroll drops and more seraps so I am convinced that node investment at any level is broken. I don'e even connect the node now unless it drops a lot of trade items.

Posted

Good work. Hate when developers lie. Sadly BDO has been called out on several lies.

Never trust a BDO GM's word.

Posted (edited)

Sadly this data was collected months ago. In a game with hidden things stuff could change and we wouldn't know. 

Good work. Hate when developers lie. Sadly BDO has been called out on several lies.

Never trust a BDO GM's word.

They never really lied. They said it was "working as intended". We just don't know what the intention is cuz hidden lul

Edited by Catclaw

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0