• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

If there would be new server would you play?

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi

Like in topic,if there will new server would you play?

Knowing there will be NO marge ,and there is like a fesh start for evryone,archage prove it could be very sucesfull,attracting a TON of new players

I will,some of me friends as well.

Edited by gurghul
Grama
1 person likes this

Posted

If they can transfer my account then why not.

4 people like this

Posted

New games have many "traps" in the begining. Many balance problems and changes. Fresh start/new server is fun. You get more balanced and stable game. No missing or late awakenings, no major changes in your life skill (example  alchemy stone upgrade changes and energy cost removing after you invest many time and energy) or late PvP and upgrade options. You know what Publisher offers  and you have same chances. You start in same time in same server like other players. No 1-3-5 days or 1-2 weeks advantage.

If Kakao will start new server I will play again and spend some euros/dollars to "support" the game (and my character).  If we don't get "New World" I will play some days or some hours maybe, but I will not invest many time to try to be better. And I will not spend money. Or I will try SA server maybe... 

2 people like this

Posted

It's probably good for newer players but players that already have progress like myself then probably not.

Posted

We get it, youre a terrible player 

no amount of fresh starts will make you any better, you will be shit on by the same people over and over again 

Posted

no amount of fresh starts will make you any better, you will be shit on by the same people over and over again 

This is true.

There will always be somebody that will outgrind you in any way possible if you're just doing average grinding.

1 person likes this

Posted

i would play totally on the new server and than buy all relic items and another out of the ah :) and would play witch instant

Posted

If they transferred all my outfits/weight increases/pets, sure. Alternatively, if they just give me an equivalent amount of pearls to the amount I've spent, I'd do it then too.

Otherwise no, too much of a waste of cash. I'd sooner quit the game.

Posted

New games have many "traps" in the begining. Many balance problems and changes. Fresh start/new server is fun. You get more balanced and stable game. No missing or late awakenings, no major changes in your life skill (example  alchemy stone upgrade changes and energy cost removing after you invest many time and energy) or late PvP and upgrade options. You know what Publisher offers  and you have same chances. You start in same time in same server like other players. No 1-3-5 days or 1-2 weeks advantage.

If Kakao will start new server I will play again and spend some euros/dollars to "support" the game (and my character).  If we don't get "New World" I will play some days or some hours maybe, but I will not invest many time to try to be better. And I will not spend money. Or I will try SA server maybe...

A No-P2W logo and "threats" that Kakao won't get your 2 dollars pocket money if they don't wipe a year's work of thousands of players. It couldn't get more cliche than that.

There is no "same time" in this game. The 1% nolifers will outpower everyone else, and amongst those 1% there's extreme jealousy and controversy about "p2w".

Due to softcaps it gets better over time. I guess you don't know what softcap means or what their reasons are. A fresh start creates more gaps and advantages than anything else.

Posted

Only if no pvp.

Otherwise there's no point changing.

Posted

A No-P2W logo and "threats" that Kakao won't get your 2 dollars pocket money if they don't wipe a year's work of thousands of players. It couldn't get more cliche than that.

There is no "same time" in this game. The 1% nolifers will outpower everyone else, and amongst those 1% there's extreme jealousy and controversy about "p2w".

Due to softcaps it gets better over time. I guess you don't know what softcap means or what their reasons are. A fresh start creates more gaps and advantages than anything else.

This is not "threats". I spent 150 euros (preorder + some additional pearls). No points to spend more here to support new "pay2convenience" advantages. Same system without starting disadvantages (1-1,5 years playtime) will not generate bigger gear gap. And there is no wipe. "new" servers are not have to do things. You can keep your old characters and start new characters in new server. Or you can stay in old server and you will lose nothing. Your arguments are invalid. :)

Posted

Maybe PVE server. 

Posted

Na I don't care, I have one main character that I play, if I ever lost that progress or was made to restart or something that'd be it, I'd drop the game like a hot potato.  Not going through some 300 days of BS to get back where I'm at.

1 person likes this

Posted

No need to, the game was appealing to me in the way I could explore the world and node system, build up a worker empire and check out several classes. Not gonna go through that again as without that kind of novelty, the game really has nothing left that would appeal to me.

Posted

No

Posted

I would not start on a fresh server. 

Posted

I would pay for game again.To be fair to get fresh start server

Posted

The speed at which you can get levels and gear now now compared to the time since launch it would be pointless you'd still have level 58-59 people in the first 2 weeks sporting 200+ap. Ive played off and on since launch and recently came back from another break. I quit with a level 57 159/240 warrior shortly after warrior awakening and rerolled to ninja whos 59 and sitting at 190/280 after like a month and a half of playing casually wearing almost full Tri boss gear(stupid Giath)

Even if they refunded all my pearls I wouldn't bother because is one 1-2 months everyone on that server would be right where the current server is.

Posted

God no!¬¬

Posted

And start all over...how about no.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't think those companies should be feed with a new injection of players or money at all.
Koreans love to create lots of games with lot of RNG, mindless grinding and a lot of abusive cash shop mechanics where most of its western users debate wether they're there for convenience or not, there's always a shunt between quitting players and new players and all these things are made in order to give them money.

Now i'm fine with recognizing the work and efforts of someone, but Koreans taught us that they have the potential to make absolutely great and fun games, the problem is their total will to ruin that with frustrating mechanics luck based or with a massive injection of items that give lots of benefits behind a payment wall, so for me it'd be a big no just to teach em that they shouldn't play with the hearts of their customers, that even westerns matter, that a localization for a free to play game in the western market should be a localization with various changes made ad hoc and not just "i won't add this", because if you want to invest your time and energies twice you should do it for good, you shouldn't create a game which has a great potential, an awesome graphic, awesome ideas and then leave it like it is, something that someone plays because "unfortunately there's nothing better" and not for fun.

Posted

It's not worth starting on a fresh server for me. That would be a waste of all the knowledge I collected to build up to 475+ energy not to mention everything else that took months of work to accomplish. With the amount of attention BDO needs in order to progress it's just not worth starting over.

Posted

Nope.

Posted

I dont think many people would, and the few who willing would soon realize that they're just losing their time, this game is a marathon, not a sprint, even new players benefit from a developed economy; new servers would be kindda pointless.

Posted

New server always gets hype, some people would re-roll, others would return. Cowcow won't even fix the servers they have now they're not opening a new one lel.