• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

If there would be new server would you play?

44 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi

Like in topic,if there will new server would you play?

Knowing there will be NO marge ,and there is like a fesh start for evryone,archage prove it could be very sucesfull,attracting a TON of new players

I will,some of me friends as well.

Why would i start on new server? I mean i do not see any logic behind this idea.  Reinvest into perls ... then what grind same class to 61 and battle from scratch with RNG to gear him up?

I think new servers are for people that fu_ck it up somewhere after game launch and have an idea in their head that now that they have the knowledge of the game they could be somehow relevant in game by playing on fresh servers.

Posted

Hi

Knowing there will be NO marge ,and there is like a fesh start for evryone,archage prove it could be very sucesfull,attracting a TON of new players

Essentially you already have this available to you. If you're an EU player select the NA option on the patcher. If you're an NA player select the EU option in the patcher. Doing so is a fresh start. New family name and everything.

Posted (edited)

Someone posted "poll" in the past in similar topic. 80% of voters say no, ~20% say yes or "maybe".  This is not "bad"  output. If this poll shows average population that is 20% of  players(and many new players)  who have demand to play in "fresh" server without huge handicap  and gamechanger "balance changes". If we have 16 crowded channels (?) this is 3-4 crowded channels in new server. Many players who play the game and pay the game to be Great Again. :D

There is no real risk. If the server is not working well Publisher can merge to old server/channels after 3-6-9 months.

Some pro arguments:

- No p2w starting advantage (no headstart)

- Completed life skill changes: you don't get "energy remover event" after you invested 10k energy to your main life skills. You will not invest many energy to "late game content" like expensive alchemy stones.

- No traps in "pay2convenience" elements: We don't get additional RM advantages after we expect real play2wiln System. This system is more stable now. Many "small" money buffs. We can make better plan to "win" in this expensive game. (or make plan to be competitive as low budget player) 

- Better balance of classes: +1 awakening after 2 weeks? Wizard awakening after 4-5 months of disadvantages? No, thanks. But this is not a problem in new server... if this server will be in same patch level.

- Game will not stucked in medium/low item levels like in the starting time (lvl15 gear).

- Game will have PvP. Most of the PvP contents came to BDO after 1-2-3 months. That was really bad for PvP oriented players. No PvP = no game. New server = active(?) pvp from the begining. :)

Stabby: Fresh start is not starting new character in old server. This is not an option. Same 1-1,5 year disadvantages and static guild/siege situation.

Edited by Mikroman
1 person likes this

Posted

You might want to reword the title, a new server would just act as another channel in the mega-cluster.  If your talking about a new mega-cluster for a different region say Oceania then it would be a fresh start for everyone.

But yeh if they gave the option of account transfers and the new mega-cluster was geographically closer with better ping then I would definately move. :)

Posted

Nah a new server would be a waste. I don't see the point of that. 

Posted

Nah a new server would be a waste. I don't see the point of that. 

Less players will play in Miami Server. Less problems of VPN.  More Kakao Money:D

Posted

Less players will play in Miami Server. Less problems of VPN.  More Kakao Money:D

oh do they mean that. I thought they just wanted a fresh start server thing for the NA/EU version.

Posted

oh do they mean that. I thought they just wanted a fresh start server thing for the NA/EU version.

We want fresh server and Publisher is not important... but Ich parlo Inglés. (or not) :D

Posted

yeah no

Posted

I hope this spanish new version for south america would have english option

Posted (edited)

The new server will be empty af, just fyi, too many ppl have spent time and money on the current one to just simply move, plus is this a death sentence to the current servers as new players will obviously go to the new server. Resulting in 2 servers on life support.

I feel like OP has no critical thinking, is 12 years old and browses tumblr, theres no other way this topic can be explained.

PS how many months in do you think OP would request a new server again?

Edited by 2cute2shoot

Posted (edited)

I hope this spanish new version for south america would have english option

I find English  starting page in Publishers page... but 2nd pages are "SA languages only" in BDO SA home page :)

CBT and server start will be in Q2 in 2017 (?).

2cute2shoot: RedFox tries to catch the rebound ball. They believe in the SA and new/restarter/seasonal player market.

And what do you think? What is the risk to start new server? Less noobs to kill in old server? Big money loss for the Company? I don't think so. Players will have more choices = more players will be  in game longer time. Some of the new players will spend more money.  Win-win situation. If the new server is not viable for longer time Publisher can transfer characters to old server or merge new channels to old server.

"plus is this a death sentence to the current servers as new players will obviously go to the new server."

lol. Ok. Don't start new server because we can't kill enough new guys in old server! What new guys want, Who cares?! ?

Edited by Mikroman

Posted

No. 

Posted

I'm not leveling all those horses again. Sorry.

Posted

Maybe PVE server. 

to finaly be able to raid those dungeons in peace ! ..wait.

Posted (edited)

Hi

if you mean south american server i am not sure. It would be closer but then i would have to deal with players from central and south america. From my experience some of them are very annoying >.<

If they can transfer my account then why not.

I doubt they would do dis >.>

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

I've been playing since beta, and it's taken me forever to get where I'm at. Hell no.

Posted

On some games starting over can be fun. These games have low level content that is enjoyable. BDO is not one of these games. BDO Grind is the worst solo player pve i've ever seen. No risk, just grind the same shit all day and management your inventory. I would never wish to go through that again.

Posted

They should fix the shit they released alleready and stop releasing other bugged crap!!!