• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I'd like to get to PVP, but you've put it behind the biggest PVE grindwall ever constructed.

295 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would really like to get to the pvp part of this game, but for some reason they feel it necessary to subject me to endless mind-numbing challenge-less grind.

Why? I don't want brainless grind. I want pvp. Why are you making me do this for pvp? Let me earn gear through pvp, let me level through pvp, let me make money through pvp; don't pointlessly subject me to near endless babymode pve content just to get to the fun part. Let me get to the fun part right away. THIS IS A GAME.

For those who just want pvp, there should be an option. Oh, and for goodness sake fix the gear scaling; someone has a certain amount of gearscore, and suddenly you can't scratch them? What? How is that fun for anyone? Yes. It is fun that someone can just stand still and take no damage because they started playing the game before you... . Stop catering to the no-skillers who need gear, and make real pvp where gear doesn't matter as much, or atleast make it so the gearscaling isn't so poorly balanced that people become immunized to another player's damage. .

Let me explain to you how to design pvp properly. You don't have it so the person with better gear is basically immune, you make it so he has a slight advantage; to the point where he still has to use a functioning brain to be able to stay alive; make it so people with terrible gear are at a disadvantage, but not so much of a disadvantage that they can't even consider participating in pvp until they have near the best gear in the game.

People want pvp, and you're not giving it to them; they will take their money elsewhere, and you'll kill your game off before you know it when the next shinier MMO with better thought out mechanics comes around the corner...

And some brutal honesty is needed here : If this game didn't look so visually stunning, and if the combat were not so stylistic and smooth, and the character creator was not so good; people would have left this game long ago. Imagine if this game looked like WOW and came with these mechanics.. You'd have a dead game right there.. The game is literally being carried by the aesthetic, and the fluid action style combat. The marketplace? Terrible, it feels like an amateur programmer put it together.. The enhancements? Clunky, terrible, and poorly designed, failstack mechanic is amateurish, and there are so many stupid loopholes and oversights within that system that they clearly didn't take into consideration; just a slapdash job... Different topic, but you get what i'm saying. If you don't fix these stupid RNG grindy mechanics, the next visually superior MMO will kill this one in a heartbeat.

PVP to PVP. Not PVE to PVP.

Edited by Octia
13 people like this

Posted

You know what an mmo is right? 

20 people like this

Posted

A big motivation in games like this is the constant progress, over a long period of time.

Otherwise people get bored when they don't have any goals anymore.

I've been in several guilds now and even in small ones there were numerous people with TET gear, especially when they played since almost beginning (but no hardcore players), they slowly catch up.

Especially with more and more catchup mechanics (exp buffs, olvia, cron stone buff) and the market price limit (everyone can afford certain gear after a while, only the 20% preorder items go to the richer people) it gets better.

Don't expect to catch up with top players/guilds within a few weeks or months.

2 people like this

Posted

Wrong Game then.... BDO is not a PvP MMO. B|

17 people like this

Posted

my tip if you dont want to grind than just go afk for like 6 month and you will caught up only in lvl not

i only grind dont do afk things or crafting took me from release up until recent to catch up with the good people and finally i can do some pvp but get pretty much still owned my some classes

Posted

You know what an argument is right?

Wrong Game then.... BDO is not a PvP MMO. B|

It has pvp as endgame, therefore PVP game.

2 people like this

Posted

You know what an argument is right?

It has pvp as endgame, therefore PVP game.

Pokemon has breeding, therefore it is a breeding game.

Wait, what?

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

You have come to the wrong game. The PvP is even more pointless and boring than the grind. You, and everyone else it seems, tend to forget what playerbase this game is designed for. It's not a western one.

Edited by Wykked
4 people like this

Posted

If u want fair PvP then goto esports games. BDO's PvP is pure bottom feeding. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait, what?

BDO has breeding, therefore it is also a breeding game.

7 people like this

Posted

TL;DR

Go play a pvp only game then.

This game is pve/pvp and pve comes first before pvp in most mmo's

bruh this thread lol

4 people like this

Posted

TL;DR

Go play a pvp only game then.

This game is pve/pvp and pve comes first before pvp in most mmo's

bruh this thread lol

Dont undestand your comments. You can have pvp lobbies where everyones damage and hp is balanced out/instant based it happens in lots of games. In destiny you could have all the best stuff in the game but in multiplayer you could balance out the damage so that everyone could have a equal chance....

Posted

Hidden Content

Dont undestand your comments. You can have pvp lobbies where everyones damage and hp is balanced out/instant based it happens in lots of games. In destiny you could have all the best stuff in the game but in multiplayer you could balance out the damage so that everyone could have a equal chance....

Almost every single Korean MMO that I have played never had that sort of system. (except for Blade and Soul) 

You COULD have that system where you could have pvp lobbies with balanced stats but it hasn't been done much from what I have seen in the industry.

A typical MMO game would first have you start out in PvE and once you start to get more gear then PvP.

That's just MMO culture for you and it's been like that for years and years. 

3 people like this

Posted

Bro this is the wrong game for you

camelot unchained sounds like what you're looking for but who knows if it will ever come out

also the level grind to 60 isn't that bad, if you grind in the right areas you'll make a ton of money in the process to gear up

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Omg another topic about this. If you want PvP where gear doesn't matter go play wow or gw2. PA know what they are doing and u forced them to listen to ur invalid arguments? Hate when ppl have such egoistic whishes, a game changing wishes, they don't care that most of us like the PvP as it is. Plz change enchant system, give us pve channel, we are to lazy to grind plz do some gear change .. sick of it. Hope PA won't listen to those whiners cuz this is thier game and they know what they are doing

Edited by Laforet
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Omg another topic about this. If you want PvP where gear doesn't matter go play wow or gw2. PA know what they are doing and u forced them to listen to ur invalid arguments? Hate when ppl have such egoistic whishes, a game changing wishes, they don't care that most of us like the PvP as it is. Plz change enchant system, give us pve channel, we are to lazy to grind plz do some gear change .. sick of it. Hope PA won't listen to those whiners cuz this is thier game and they know what they are doing

"cry cry plz don't make pvp require skill cuz im skill-less and incompetent i need gear carried pvp plz cry cry" ^_^

Edited by remat
2 people like this

Posted

Alright, so, the way I see it is that:

Pvp that is gear dependant is great, because it makes you constantly want to progress. The more gear you get, the better you are. The only way you find it to be not fun is if you are new to the game, but even then you can beat people grinding at your spots mostly.

And when you got the same gear as the people then it all comes down to skill. Like, its great to be able to outskill people. But its also great to feel your character progress through the gear ladder. To suddenly be able to beat people you were unable to beat just because you got that one great upgrade.

And like, when gear matters alot then you can focus on builds like, evasion or full def and such. Or you could go full ap to oneshot people and risk getting oneshot. Like, its really fun to play around with different builds and see how it affects pvp.

This is just my point of view, so please dont get offended by it.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I would really like to get to the pvp part of this game, but for some reason they feel it necessary to subject me to endless mind-numbing challenge-less grind.

Why? I don't want brainless grind. I want pvp. Why are you making me do this for pvp? Let me earn gear through pvp, let me level through pvp, let me make money through pvp; don't pointlessly subject me to near endless babymode pve content just to get to the fun part. Let me get to the fun part right away. THIS IS A GAME.

For those who just want pvp, there should be an option. Oh, and for goodness sake fix the gear scaling; someone has a certain amount of gearscore, and suddenly you can't scratch them? What? How is that fun for anyone? Yes. It is fun that someone can just stand still and take no damage because they started playing the game before you... . Stop catering to the no-skillers who need gear, and make real pvp where gear doesn't matter as much, or atleast make it so the gearscaling isn't so poorly balanced that people become immunized to another player's damage. .

Let me explain to you how to design pvp properly. You don't have it so the person with better gear is basically immune, you make it so he has a slight advantage; to the point where he still has to use a functioning brain to be able to stay alive; make it so people with terrible gear are at a disadvantage, but not so much of a disadvantage that they can't even consider participating in pvp until they have near the best gear in the game.

People want pvp, and you're not giving it to them; they will take their money elsewhere, and you'll kill your game off before you know it when the next shinier MMO with better thought out mechanics comes around the corner...

And some brutal honesty is needed here : If this game didn't look so visually stunning, and if the combat were not so stylistic and smooth, and the character creator was not so good; people would have left this game long ago. Imagine if this game looked like WOW and came with these mechanics.. You'd have a dead game right there.. The game is literally being carried by the aesthetic, and the fluid action style combat. The marketplace? Terrible, it feels like an amateur programmer put it together.. The enhancements? Clunky, terrible, and poorly designed, failstack mechanic is amateurish, and there are so many stupid loopholes and oversights within that system that they clearly didn't take into consideration; just a slapdash job... Different topic, but you get what i'm saying. If you don't fix these stupid RNG grindy mechanics, the next visually superior MMO will kill this one in a heartbeat.

your post is so lol........... i don't even know what i could comment.

it is so ridiculous.

I think you played to much dead gw2 game.

Edited by Sey
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Wait, what?

It can be classed as a breeding game. Nothing is wrong with what you said. The point is, the ENDGAME of BDO is PVP. The game builds up to the pvp, it is PVP and PVE, but what i'm saying is, it is PVE to PVP, i'd like PVP to PVP.

Nice argument... Oh wait...

Bro this is the wrong game for you

camelot unchained sounds like what you're looking for but who knows if it will ever come out

also the level grind to 60 isn't that bad, if you grind in the right areas you'll make a ton of money in the process to gear up

No, the game is not wrong or me, I like the combat, and I like the PVP, it doesn't need a wall in the way. All they need to do Is allow a way of pvping without having to PVE, that is it. It is a pretty simple implementation, and there are many ways they could do it.

You have come to the wrong game. The PvP is even more pointless and boring than the grind. You, and everyone else it seems, tend to forget what playerbase this game is designed for. It's not a western one.

If they did not think it would sell in the west, they'd not have sold it there. The point is, they think it IS designed for the west, otherwise you wouldn't be playing it right now.

It is not the wrong game. I enjoy a lot of parts of the game, but greatly dislike others.. If I left the game on a couple of things I dislike, i'd never play any game ever.

Edited by Octia

Posted

So we are playing MMOs like so e-Arena type of a game or something.

You want to log in on saturday evening ... to your toon make it 61 in 2 hours in TET gear and off PVPing i go?

This is MMO you work for your level / gear and in the process you can PVP with plebs if you want. I dont understand where is the problem.

Want some casual PVPing o sausans :)

And some brutal honesty is needed here : If this game didn't look so visually stunning, and if the combat were not so stylistic and smooth, and the character creator was not so good; people would have left this game long ago. Imagine if this game looked like WOW and came with these mechanics..

Oh sweet summe child ... i will assume you are what 17? You know wow is out for about 14 years now?  Do you know that wow had same kind of grind as BDO has ... not for levels but money / gear ... holly crap it was also brutal .... the tone it down during years of development so they could get as many casuals in their game as possible ... those 12 mil subs at peak game had.

The game is literally being carried by the aesthetic, and the fluid action style combat.

So? Game is beautiful and combat is best out there ... whats your point?

The marketplace? Terrible, it feels like an amateur programmer put it together.. The enhancements? Clunky, terrible, and poorly designed, failstack mechanic is amateurish, and there are so many stupid loopholes and oversights within that system that they clearly didn't take into consideration; just a slapdash job... Different topic, but you get what i'm saying. If you don't fix these stupid RNG grindy mechanics, the next visually superior MMO will kill this one in a heartbeat.

You play actively what 2-3h per week?  The system works then .. casuals like that shouldn't have any BiS gear anyway.

Posted (edited)

My goodness you didn't think this one through.. I like less stuff about those other games you suggested, black desert has many things I like, as I mentioned above, and many things I greatly dislike, that I feel greatly, and needlessly, cripple the game's potential. The hilarious thing is, they're pretty basic fixes. Just make the gear system not RNG. Enchantment problem solved. Add PVP battlegrounds/arenas, make a gladiator profession = people able to level/make money through pvp, oh, and fix the gear scaling. PVP problem solved.

Gear based PVP is just pointless, you might aswell not even play if it is going to be so gear based. It isn't really PVP but PVG, player V gear. And fighting gear is mundane because it reduces the player input requirement to secure a victory.. It is taking power from the player, and handing it to the game.

So we are playing MMOs like so e-Arena type of a game or something.

You want to log in on saturday evening ... to your toon make it 61 in 2 hours in TET gear and off PVPing i go?

This is MMO you work for your level / gear and in the process you can PVP with plebs if you want. I dont understand where is the problem.

Want some casual PVPing o sausans :)

Oh sweet summe child ... i will assume you are what 17? You know wow is out for about 14 years now?  Do you know that wow had same kind of grind as BDO has ... not for levels but money / gear ... holly crap it was also brutal .... the tone it down during years of development so they could get as many casuals in their game as possible ... those 12 mil subs at peak game had.

So? Game is beautiful and combat is best out there ... whats your point?

You play actively what 2-3h per week?  The system works then .. casuals like that shouldn't have any BiS gear anyway.

Did I say two hours? No, I merely pointed out that the current grind is excessive for people who want lives outside of the game.

lol "plebs", the false sense of superiority of one hiding behind gear.

Wow looks visually terrible. And I played wow when it was first released, it was nowhere near this bad, so don't even lie about such things. I got from 59 to 60 in a couple of hours, you want to do that on here? Get ready to give up a couple of weeks.

The point is, I want PVP, and the game puts up a grind wall. The problem is me, and others, don't want to invest months just to gear up and then finally be able to PVP, only to find out it sucks. There is a reason battlegrounds are present in most successful MMOs, because the pvp crowd are a huge bunch who make up a proportion of a lot of MMOs.

What amazes me is that you want to work on a videogame... The work should come from besting your opponents, not killing the same mindless pve mob you've killed millions of times before. Learning and growing as a player is fun, tedium is the opposite of fun. The more you repeat something, the more your brain emotionally processes it, the more bored you become of it. Like the first time you see the grand canyon in person.. Amazing right? Well how do you feel about seeing it after your hundredth turn? Or thousandth? ..Do you want this game to be boring, or do you want it to be fun? Because if you want repetition, you're going to get boring.

Oh, and believe it or not, it is possible to have a sense of progression, and have fun at the same time; it just requires that the task you're repeating has a lot of variation, and creative freedom (like pvp for example, where you adapt your tactics to fit your adapting foes). The pve content, and professions are the furthest thing from "creative freedom"; it is like banging your head into a wall and hoping you'll strike gold.

Edited by Octia

Posted

Did I say two hours? No, I merely pointed out that the current grind is excessive for people who want lives outside of the game.

I totally get that. I am also working 8h per day + having a family .... i just do not understand what are your expectatins from this game ... its an MMO, its Grindy like all other Korean games.

Gaming is like any other hobby other there more you get involved with it the more taxing on time consumption it gets. Imo FPS games and other type of non progress style games are for you if you have limited time.

lol "plebs", the false sense of superiority of one hiding behind gear.

Of course it is. I am proud of my gear and i worked hard for it ... its expected that it will cary me to some extend. You can be more skilled in this game than me in PVP ... but you are not granted. You can't be because i play more ... i have more experiance in PVP than you do and given same gear i will still out perform you because simply i play more i have more practise and so on. You could only beat me if you have same level of game play experiance and worst gear than me because RNG fu_cked you one to many times.

Do not hide behind "gear carried" and think that you are somehow more skilled and you loose only because of gear.

Wow looks visually terrible. And I played wow when it was first released, it was nowhere near this bad, so don't even lie about such things. I got from 59 to 60 in a couple of hours, you want to do that on here? Get ready to give up a couple of weeks.

Yes level ... but you didnt have gear for PVP ... epics were scares .... world drop epics were heavy grind for weeks without drops. And those few raid bosses out ther dropped maybe 1 per week (lock outs) for 20 man raids?  Or even 40 man has same crap loot. The one posted on auction house were so expensive you need like 3 chinese gold suppliers if you wanted to P2W it with buying gold.

The point is, I want PVP, and the game puts up a grind wall. The problem is me, and others don't want to invest months just to gear up and then finally be able to PVP, only to find out it sucks.

What the hell are you talking about?  PVP is enabled from what lvl 50 and up? Why do you need to level to 60?  You think being level 60 is somewhat relevant ... you want to do node wars ... slide show lag fest where the one with wider AOE takes the kill?

You ain't getting to siege guilds that i can guarantee you.

And for 1v1 you have Sausans if you really want to PVP fun :)

What you want basically is free pass to try out all classes at max level ... play around or a month and quit for the next FOTM MMO/game released. 

Sorry mate aint gona happen.

2 people like this

Posted

It can be classed as a breeding game. Nothing is wrong with what you said. The point is, the ENDGAME of BDO is PVP. The game builds up to the pvp, it is PVP and PVE, but what i'm saying is, it is PVE to PVP, i'd like PVP to PVP.

Actually endgame of pokemon is breeding - getting the right IVs, getting shinies, getting hidden abilities/egg moves... So pokemon is a breeding game because that's endgame? :)

Posted (edited)

I totally get that. I am also working 8h per day + having a family .... i just do not understand what are your expectatins from this game ... its an MMO, its Grindy like all other Korean games.

Gaming is like any other hobby other there more you get involved with it the more taxing on time consumption it gets. Imo FPS games and other type of non progress style games are for you if you have limited time.

Of course it is. I am proud of my gear and i worked hard for it ... its expected that it will cary me to some extend. You can be more skilled in this game than me in PVP ... but you are not granted. You can't be because i play more ... i have more experiance in PVP than you do and given same gear i will still out perform you because simply i play more i have more practise and so on. You could only beat me if you have same level of game play experiance and worst gear than me because RNG fu_cked you one to many times.

Do not hide behind "gear carried" and think that you are somehow more skilled and you loose only because of gear.

Yes level ... but you didnt have gear for PVP ... epics were scares .... world drop epics were heavy grind for weeks without drops. And those few raid bosses out ther dropped maybe 1 per week (lock outs) for 20 man raids?  Or even 40 man has same crap loot. The one posted on auction house were so expensive you need like 3 chinese gold suppliers if you wanted to P2W it with buying gold.

What the hell are you talking about?  PVP is enabled from what lvl 50 and up? Why do you need to level to 60?  You think being level 60 is somewhat relevant ... you want to do node wars ... slide show lag fest where the one with wider AOE takes the kill?

You ain't getting to siege guilds that i can guarantee you.

And for 1v1 you have Sausans if you really want to PVP fun :)

What you want basically is free pass to try out all classes at max level ... play around or a month and quit for the next FOTM MMO/game released. 

Sorry mate aint gona happen.

Once again saying "this game is for you" simply does not apply. The game IS for me, because I do enjoy parts of it. As I said before, everyone has things they dislike about games, if everyone quit a game because they disliked a couple of parts of it, no one would play any games. The fact that I'm still playing this is evidence that this game IS for me, otherwise why would I be playing it if I could easily be playing one of those other games?

This game is not perfect, it can cater to more people without inflicting anything on pvers, it needs merely add an alternate progression.

You didn't think for your gear, you just turned up to work. Just turning up is not skillful, it is just turning up, that is not difficult, and not really something to be proud of. Also, not only did you just turn up, you also had luck play a large part. When RNG is involved you throw fairness out the window, at that point everyone is getting a different difficulty level. So basically, I could play more than you, be better than you, and STILL be at a disadvantage to you. They threw fairness away for the cheap psychological thrill of RNG, that people have long since grown weary of.  This is exactly what I mean when  I say the game is poorly thought out and amateurish in certain areas. They're reading from their psychology books and thinking people haven't grown wise over the years to these ridiculous MMO practices.

Also, on WOW, PVP gear was pretty easy to get back then, it just required you play PVP. Where as they had PVE gear for PVE. I actually recall there was one point where PVE gear was actually better than PVP gear in PVP.. But regardless they saw sense and mended their ways.

Yes, PVP is enable from 50 up, where you get to be ganked endlessly by people who're hogging the grindspots you need to progress in the game. How fun, getting to "PVP" against someone you can't even scratch. Also, since people just pass gear from their mains, these low levels are actually fully geared monsters half the time in the rare instances you run into someone of the same level.

As I've said before I DON'T WANT A PASS TO MAX LEVEL. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO PVP TO MAX LEVEL, AND EARN GEAR/SILVER THROUGH PVP. How many times. I want a progression system for the pvper, not just the pver. Pay attention.

Edited by Octia

Posted

This game's PvP is nothing but ganking, bottomfeeding, and desync. It's a horrible design but makes those on top of the food chain feel good so it's here to stay.

1 person likes this