• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I'd like to get to PVP, but you've put it behind the biggest PVE grindwall ever constructed.

295 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok, pal. You certainly are trying hard to push opinion as fact.

You do know that Flat Earthers consider Earth being a spheroid just an opinion right? It is because you can't see the curvature while standing on the ground.

Yup your right totally same action,You use a toilet scrubber to move the steering wheel,makes total sense.,I kill a home intruder using my hands to touch a gun,i use those same hands to feed a baby,same thing ,same action,same intent,gotcha. all makes sense now.

Everythings in common and nothings in common,got it,all makes sense,ooh ahh the whole world works. Idubz bb papa bless.

If you try your best to remove all logic & reason then your posts make perfect sense. I like these rose colored glasses i should keep wearing them
as i approach the next two threads.

You are confusing yourself too much right now. Quit all this thinking before your brain explodes and go do something more fitting to your level of intellect. I recommend grinding some Sausans.

Posted

You do know that Flat Earthers consider Earth being a spheroid just an opinion right? It is because you can't see the curvature while standing on the ground.

You are confusing yourself too much right now. Quit all this thinking before your brain explodes and go do something more fitting to your level of intellect. I recommend grinding some Sausans.

I have common sense and logic,It appears that is not enough to fight you,I must study more alex jones channel,And i will come back to face the thdsm raidboss from infowars

alex-jones-like-this-page-11-hrs-i-dont-

Posted

Waitwaitwaitwait.

lmao I had to reply to this. Hold up. Just hoooold up.

You are actually suggesting that the idea that grinding and difficulty and challenge being enjoyable to people is as much an "opinion" as flat-earthers claiming the earth being round is an "opinion".

Like, is that seriously what you're putting forth right now? Really?

u, my friend, are reaching very far into the dumdum jar.

I have common sense and logic,It appears that is not enough to fight you,I must study more alex jones channel,And i will come back to face the thdsm raidboss from infowars

alex-jones-like-this-page-11-hrs-i-dont-

Hey Freeway, better hope your favorite food is ham shanks because it's obviously the right favorite food. How can anyone possibly not love ham shanks?

If you say it's not I'm gonna kindly point you to the flat-earthers to prove that some "opinions" are more right than others.

Simple logic. 

Posted

Waitwaitwaitwait.

You are actually suggesting that the idea that grinding and difficulty and challenge being enjoyable to people is as much an "opinion" as flat-earthers claiming the earth being round is an "opinion".

How dare you insinuate the leader of the NWO ,THE GOD OF INFOWARS is dum?? How dare you Cardiel.. Here is your write up..ClwWF29VEAAdI-c.jpg:large

Sincerely,Hall monitor 14. Disciple of the infowars.

Posted

How dare you insinuate the leader of the NWO ,THE GOD OF INFOWARS is dum?? How dare you Cardiel.. Here is your write up..ClwWF29VEAAdI-c.jpg:large

Sincerely,Hall monitor 14. Disciple of the infowars.

Help no pls I am so sorry.

Posted (edited)

Hey Freeway, better hope your favorite food is ham shanks because it's obviously the right favorite food. How can anyone possibly not love ham shanks?

If you say it's not I'm gonna kindly point you to the flat-earthers to prove that some "opinions" are more right than others.

Simple logic. 

Ham shanks are the worst food on earth, Literally 00.00..00000000% of the population eats them,Fact,Wikihow says so.. I also know they don't exist,because i can't see the sphereical shape of them from a helicopter on a corelle OR EVEN A PORCELAIN plate. SO YOU KNOW I DID MY RESEARCH.

Help no pls I am so sorry.

YOU WILL TASTE THE FULL WRATH OF THE INFO WAR NATION

alexjonestein2.jpg

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Dude, you don't even have proper punctuation. Whatever else you may think you have, I can assure you it ain't logic or common sense.

Waitwaitwaitwait.

That isn't what I meant at all. Once again, you demonstrate your inability to comprehend an argument that needs more than half a sentence to explain. Perhaps if you went back to my previous posts and read them all thirty times you'd be able to get it? After all, you've admitted to enjoying repetitive tasks.

Posted

I read your whole post, you had too many good points int there.

Where do i sign a petition to make PVP less gear dependant?

Posted

Dude, you don't even have proper punctuation. Whatever else you may think you have, I can assure you it ain't logic or common sense.

That isn't what I meant at all. Once again, you demonstrate your inability to comprehend an argument that needs more than half a sentence to explain. Perhaps if you went back to my previous posts and read them all thirty times you'd be able to get it? After all, you've admitted to enjoying repetitive tasks.

Of course it isn't, it's just what you said. I have zero idea of how else to take someone telling me that not all opinions are correct, and to look at the flat-earthers for proof.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hes got you Cardiel,Why would you enjoy a repetitive task? like playing a game, Or intimate relations. or anything repetitive.This guy never wipes after using the toilet. Too repetitive And damn son you burned me soo hard. I would go buy some honey for that burn but im afraid the earth is going to fall apart, I am only atoms afterall. Alex jones says to stay in your house because of the coming martial law.

Talk to me when you can prove ham shanks are real everyone get out their ham shanks (that don't exist,Prove me wrong) and put them outside ontop of a golf tack,wait for the sun to shine (this may take months if you live in washington) and then we will all record the shadows of our chickens at the same time via sat phone. Because cellphones still don't exist.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

Actually, now that I look at it, it seems more like you're calling yourself a flat-earther. I'm not the one trying to push my opinion on anyone. You can enjoy PvP in whatever form you like, but when I say that catering to a larger demographic and opening doors to allow people to bypass the current grind would ruin the atmosphere of the game and thus ruin it for myself, I mean. I don't know what you're arguing except that I'm wrong about that somehow despite me giving reasons about why I feel that way and you still saying "You're wrong and your opinion is wrong and a lot of people agree with me." A lot of people agree with me too, pal. Speak for yourself.

Play whatever game you like, put up polls to try and get this sort of thing changed if you like, that's your right to do so. But I don't know why you can't take a simple "I would not like that" and deal with someone disagreeing with you. You've been attempting to say that people who do that are somehow wrong.

I don't go to League of Legends and put up threads asking them to make more ways to climb ranking ladders through AI games. Dunno why you think people have to agree that you coming here and suggesting a bypass of the grind is a good idea for the game they enjoy, when they've put so much work into something and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment it brings.

Seriously man, you've got a bad case of Argumentitis where you just...you can't stand someone telling you they think you're wrong. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Actually, now that I look at it, it seems more like you're calling yourself a flat-earther. I'm not the one trying to push my opinion on anyone. You can enjoy PvP in whatever form you like, but when I say that catering to a larger demographic and opening doors to allow people to bypass the current grind would ruin the atmosphere of the game and thus ruin it for myself, I mean. I don't know what you're arguing except that I'm wrong about that somehow despite me giving reasons about why I feel that way and you still saying "You're wrong and your opinion is wrong and a lot of people agree with me." A lot of people agree with me too, pal. Speak for yourself.

Play whatever game you like, put up polls to try and get this sort of thing changed if you like, that's your right to do so. But I don't know why you can't take a simple "I would not like that" and deal with someone disagreeing with you. You've been attempting to say that people who do that are somehow wrong.

I don't go to League of Legends and put up threads asking them to make more ways to climb ranking ladders through AI games. Dunno why you think people have to agree that you coming here and suggesting a bypass of the grind is a good idea for the game they enjoy, when they've put so much work into something and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment it brings.

Seriously man, you've got a bad case of Argumentitis where you just...you can't stand someone telling you they think you're wrong. 

Lies Cardiel,I have made a tutorial map so me and you and thdsm can all sync up with our time keeping devices
With our powers combined. We can do this.

2quoebc.jpg

-Edit : update : All i could find at safeway was a Tofurkey, I am ready and waiting.

Allready unpackaged and on some corelle dishware.

evil%20tofurkey.jpg?itok=ya1H-Lu9

Edited by Freeway

Posted

OP presents a topic to change some glaring issues in the game

People disagree/agree, put their 2 cents in

people tell OP to go find a different game because change would ruin the game it was meant to be

Arguments ensue on things other than the topic in the OP, dragged on for pages with no resolve or compromise

Shit posting goes from 0-100 

I agree, OP, the grind is brainless and a tedious task. The game has over a billion things to do, 10% of it being relevant, 0% of them being fun at its current state.

I agree, OP, it is a game and it should be fun, fun is subjective, though. The developers apparently catered to a large audience that gives them fun things to do, no harm in increasing that audience by improving on PVP, right? 

I agree, OP, the game is visually stunning, but if it weren't for the graphics and animations I think this game would just be another Runescape/Wow/Asian MMO. that's all that is really separating this game from the other games, it's the visual appeal.

I agree, OP, the games mechanics are flawed and have issues that are overlooked, perhaps too many mechanics exist in this game and the developers are too lazy to fix them.

but really, how come people don't want PVP to be improved? open up to the idea that a better version of PVP can exist in this game, not the current one we have now. If your problem is with an improved PVP system having an affect on Node/Sieges/Large Scale PVP, then disregard this, since GVG is hardly PVP, more like a bunch of mobs dog piling on each other. A better approach to the PVP scene in this game will definitely liven things up. Look at Korea, they made an ARENA for PVP for small-scale PVP, they just had/are having a PVP tournament for small scale with casters narrating the matches. Why? Because that's whats exciting in this game, PVP is exciting to a large amount of people. So why not make PVP much more accessible to the players of the game rather than hindering them with a gigantic wall.

thanks for reading ^_^ hehe

Posted

OP presents a topic to change some glaring issues in the game

People disagree/agree, put their 2 cents in

people tell OP to go find a different game because change would ruin the game it was meant to be

Arguments ensue on things other than the topic in the OP, dragged on for pages with no resolve or compromise

Shit posting goes from 0-100 

I agree, OP, the grind is brainless and a tedious task. The game has over a billion things to do, 10% of it being relevant, 0% of them being fun at its current state.

I agree, OP, it is a game and it should be fun, fun is subjective, though. The developers apparently catered to a large audience that gives them fun things to do, no harm in increasing that audience by improving on PVP, right? 

I agree, OP, the game is visually stunning, but if it weren't for the graphics and animations I think this game would just be another Runescape/Wow/Asian MMO. that's all that is really separating this game from the other games, it's the visual appeal.

I agree, OP, the games mechanics are flawed and have issues that are overlooked, perhaps too many mechanics exist in this game and the developers are too lazy to fix them.

but really, how come people don't want PVP to be improved? open up to the idea that a better version of PVP can exist in this game, not the current one we have now. If your problem is with an improved PVP system having an affect on Node/Sieges/Large Scale PVP, then disregard this, since GVG is hardly PVP, more like a bunch of mobs dog piling on each other. A better approach to the PVP scene in this game will definitely liven things up. Look at Korea, they made an ARENA for PVP for small-scale PVP, they just had/are having a PVP tournament for small scale with casters narrating the matches. Why? Because that's whats exciting in this game, PVP is exciting to a large amount of people. So why not make PVP much more accessible to the players of the game rather than hindering them with a gigantic wall.

thanks for reading ^_^ hehe

Ah, I've got no problem with you, man. Your post is genuine and I get your frustrations but I don't share them entirely. I'll bow out of this thread on a good note and just say good luck, though I hope you can find some fun in the game.

Posted

I'm not calling myself a flat-earther, you are just having trouble correlating a sentence with its context. It happens.

> I'm not the one trying to push my opinion on anyone.

You just spent several pages trying to push your opinion that adding PVP based progression to the game would change the atmosphere of the game and that it would somehow be a bad change. You also spent a lot of effort arguing against something that was never even said, namely making said PVP progression somehow easier or superior to the PVE grind. Your reasons: you like the hard work and effort that goes into grinding. I merely pointed out that this effort you speak of is fake because the grind itself does not actually require any real mental or physical effort.

I'm sure you understand the point of these pointless forum arguments. It is not to convince you of anything, this almost never happens. Often times it is because people on the internet aren't even able to comprehend the core of your argument, they just repeat their opinion until you get bored or their keyboard breaks. One argues to first bump the thread for the reasons I outlined earlier, and second to provide reading material for those who are undecided and are checking the thread out.

> But I don't know why you can't take a simple "I would not like that" and deal with someone disagreeing with you.

If you would not like that, then why not just post "I would not like that" and be done with it. Of course, to that one can just reply "And I would like that, what's your point?"

> I don't go to League of Legends and put up threads asking them to make more ways to climb ranking ladders through AI games. Dunno why you think people have to agree that you coming here and suggesting a bypass of the grind is a good idea for the game they enjoy, when they've put so much work into something and enjoy the feeling of accomplishment it brings.

I don't know what Freeway sees in you, but your analogies really suck. You can't climb ranking ladders through AI games because that would defeat the purpose of rankings (unless of course you have entirely separate AI game rankings, but I don't think it's what you meant). Giving an option of PVP progression in BDO would not defeat the purpose of PVE grind, because its main purpose is to keep you playing the game long and often. Assuming that the PVP progression has similar pace (as was suggested) to the PVE grind, it will fulfill that purpose just as well, if not better.

Posted

I will explain why I think it would change - not necessarily ruin, but not necessarily improve the atmosphere of the game.

First, let me say that I do not object to the idea of progression solely through PvP per se. I can see the argument for it and I agree there is a huge barrier preventing those who just want to level exclusively through PvP from getting started. 

Second, I have had to assume from the OP's numerous posts that he would like a way to level entirely through PvP - therefore whatever system in place would include the possibility of avoiding all other aspects of the game and therefore there would be a way to level, gain money, gain gear, the means to upgrade that gear and awaken your character all through PvP.

However, I am going to look at the knock-on effect, and why that would end up changing the whole atmosphere of the game. The key thrust of the argument being that BDO is a game where PvP and PvE are intrinsically linked.

To experience this game to the full, one must partake in a bit of both.  At the moment, there are several threads asking for a PvE only server.  This is because, and think combat and world exploration, advance life skills and awakening here - I will explain in a moment - in order to "complete" the game (fully open the map, level to soft cap and beyond, awaken etc) you have to open yourself to PvP.  Yes, one can level to soft cap and get gear via money purely through life skilling.  BUT, you must limit yourself to level 50 (just below) in order to avoid all PvP entirely.  You therefore cannot explore the full potential of your class as you can forget awakening, you can't open all the areas of the map and the amount of the world you miss out on is growing evermore as they add expansions etc.  Yes, you might level past the "safe" zone and never run into a PvP incident, but that is very unlikely.  If you want to be sure you will miss any PvP, you are forced to stay at 50 and miss out on story, exploration and general in-game experience.  People have been ok with this as it being a part of the game - game is about PvP and fighting for grind spots, the argument goes.  If you don't want that, fine, but there are limitations that the game will place on you and you must be ok with those or leave.

Now, their requests for PvE servers, or even a way just to be unflaggable on (not a good phrase but my English is slipping!) in normal servers, have been hotly refuted by others, claiming this would ruin the game.  PvE only servers or nothing, and good luck with over-contested grind spots, is the general argument.

Now, apply this to PvP only arguments.  Again, let me stat I don't particularly mind the idea in general - no, you aren't directly impacting my gameplay, but those who will see where this is going will see why you are still impacting it on a more general scale.  PvP to bypass - not all grind, but the current existing grind in such form as it is in - would absolutely open the floodgates.  There is a heck of a lot more to do PvE than PvP in this game and the argument will be that if PvP'ers get to bypass all of it, why can PvE'ers bypass all PvP without limiting themselves.  I refer you again to the assumption I must make about the OP's request for there to be a way to progress completely entirely through PvP.  I also do think that it would leave some people feeling like their time would be de-valued.  I don't necessarily hold much patience for that argument, because games change all the time and new and easier ways for newcomers to level are constantly being added.  But it would happen.

Easiest solution for all would then be separate servers.  Heck, let's just go back to three servers per world (NA/EU) - Orwen as PvE, Uno staying the same the way it is, and Edan as PvP.  BEST way, would be to implement systems that worked within the world as it is (as mentioned above - a way for people to turn off the ability for flagging and an arena system for structured PvP or something), but it WOULD change the atmosphere of the game.  You suddenly have three different factions, the devs can't cater to all of them, you have people obstructing grind spots that can't be killed, but still some who can, you have people totally ignoring 80% of the game's content but who can still level in their entirety (or they complain because they still need to do some PvE grind) etc, etc.  The game would be even more divisive than it is already and that would change things for the worse.

Going the separate servers route, that would undo the premise for merging them in the first place.  Back to empty worlds, struggling marketplaces etc.  Again, it affects the atmosphere of the game. On the PvE and PvP only servers, the whole premise of the game as an open world, potential PK, node wars etc space to challenge, you get nothing of that, and that, let me remind you, is what the game was sold on.

Anyway, tl:dr, I believe it would change the atmosphere of the game.  I also believe that if you are going to let PvP'ers have it all, you have to cater for PvE'ers to have it all.  That then removes the need to have any of the game the way it is currently and totally affect the way the game is played.

Posted

I would really like to get to the pvp part of this game, but for some reason they feel it necessary to subject me to endless mind-numbing challenge-less grind.

Why? I don't want brainless grind. I want pvp. Why are you making me do this for pvp? Let me earn gear through pvp, let me level through pvp, let me make money through pvp; don't pointlessly subject me to near endless babymode pve content just to get to the fun part. Let me get to the fun part right away. THIS IS A GAME.

For those who just want pvp, there should be an option. Oh, and for goodness sake fix the gear scaling; someone has a certain amount of gearscore, and suddenly you can't scratch them? What? How is that fun for anyone? Yes. It is fun that someone can just stand still and take no damage because they started playing the game before you... . Stop catering to the no-skillers who need gear, and make real pvp where gear doesn't matter as much, or atleast make it so the gearscaling isn't so poorly balanced that people become immunized to another player's damage. .

Let me explain to you how to design pvp properly. You don't have it so the person with better gear is basically immune, you make it so he has a slight advantage; to the point where he still has to use a functioning brain to be able to stay alive; make it so people with terrible gear are at a disadvantage, but not so much of a disadvantage that they can't even consider participating in pvp until they have near the best gear in the game.

People want pvp, and you're not giving it to them; they will take their money elsewhere, and you'll kill your game off before you know it when the next shinier MMO with better thought out mechanics comes around the corner...

And some brutal honesty is needed here : If this game didn't look so visually stunning, and if the combat were not so stylistic and smooth, and the character creator was not so good; people would have left this game long ago. Imagine if this game looked like WOW and came with these mechanics.. You'd have a dead game right there.. The game is literally being carried by the aesthetic, and the fluid action style combat. The marketplace? Terrible, it feels like an amateur programmer put it together.. The enhancements? Clunky, terrible, and poorly designed, failstack mechanic is amateurish, and there are so many stupid loopholes and oversights within that system that they clearly didn't take into consideration; just a slapdash job... Different topic, but you get what i'm saying. If you don't fix these stupid RNG grindy mechanics, the next visually superior MMO will kill this one in a heartbeat.

PVP to PVP. Not PVE to PVP.

This isnt an instanced game, its meant as an open world game where u take ur role in a larger ecosystem. Once u progress ur char u will be rewarded by being able to better defend yourself and partake in content, such as pvp during grinding (which is a great experience), sieges, and soon to come arenas. This is an mmorpg, back to the old roots, its not WoW with catchup mechanics (even tho we do have catchup mechanics in form of events and the olvia servers). Know the systems of bdo (lifeskills/worker empire in combination with active play), be wise about your decisions and you will advance fast. The Journey is a great experience.

Posted

go play guild wars 2.

/thread

go play guild wars 2.

/thread

Posted

Anyone remember when twinks in Wow would destroy low lvl pvp? They claimed it took less time to get to equal pvp and they enjoyed fighting other twinks.  It had a huge following. 

Well, when Blizzard made the option where twinks could only fight other twinks, it died out. Crazy right.

Bdo is no different. Anyone who actually enjoys this type of PvP just likes smashing others with gear because they're bad at pvp in equal settings. 

Krapkao won't change it because many many people enjoy that "pvp".

Wait for normalized arenas or move on if pvp is what you're after. 

Anyone remember when twinks in Wow would destroy low lvl pvp? They claimed it took less time to get to equal pvp and they enjoyed fighting other twinks.  It had a huge following. 

Well, when Blizzard made the option where twinks could only fight other twinks, it died out. Crazy right.

Bdo is no different. Anyone who actually enjoys this type of PvP just likes smashing others with gear because they're bad at pvp in equal settings. 

Krapkao won't change it because many many people enjoy that "pvp".

Wait for normalized arenas or move on if pvp is what you're after. 

Posted

Looks as though the thread has run its course and folks are straying off into flame bait and insults.

1 person likes this