• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

I'd like to get to PVP, but you've put it behind the biggest PVE grindwall ever constructed.

295 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

But it isn't an attack to say that you're not experienced enough to properly understand the system. It's a legitimate counter. Again, all you're offering is that you don't enjoy the game and while that's your opinion and you're entitled to it, it isn't offensive for people to tell you that your opinion directly counters the atmosphere of the game that you've yet to really dig your fingers into. 

And you do not know my experience. Therefore it is all assumption, and baseless. Let me just say this : I'm very experienced with this game.

Edited by Octia

Posted (edited)

And you do not know my experience. Therefore it is all assumption, and baseless.

I mean, it wasn't an attempt at an assumption. People have asked your experience and you're only telling them you don't want to share that information because you think it'll make you look discredited which, to me, says you're on the newer end of the spectrum.

Are you? 

Edited by Cardiel

Posted (edited)

I mean, it wasn't an attempt at an assumption. People have asked your experience and you're only telling them you don't want to share that information because you think it'll make you look discredited which, to me, says you're on the newer end of the spectrum.

Are you? 

I'm saying that because it is irrelevant to the topic, i'm trying to prevent it devolving into some contest of personal attacks. The argument is there, whether i've played a lot, or not is irrelevant to the argument itself.

The argument is there, disprove it, or don't.

Edited by Octia

Posted

I'm saying that because it is irrelevant to the topic, i'm trying to prevent it devolving into some contest of personal attacks. The argument is there, whether i've played a lot, or not is irrelevant to the argument itself.

Alright. Then my counter is that I enjoy the game the way it is and if they changed it I probably wouldn't play. BDO doesn't need lobby PvP, it isn't that sort of game.

I also enjoy the gear climb, however painful it may be sometimes. The grind, to me,  is rewarding. I like how they're slowly raising soft caps and how getting to 60 is actually an achievement. 

Posted

Alright. Then my counter is that I enjoy the game the way it is and if they changed it I probably wouldn't play. BDO doesn't need lobby PvP, it isn't that sort of game.

I also enjoy the gear climb, however painful it may be sometimes. The grind, to me,  is rewarding. I like how they're slowly raising soft caps and how getting to 60 is actually an achievement. 

Despite it having no impact on you being able to PVE as you currently do. You'd quit? It has no impact whatsoever on your experience of the game, everything continues as it does, but you get this bonus feature; and you can't have that because???

Posted

you're racist confirmed.

You brain seem damaged after all your mindless grind

Posted

You brain seem damaged after all your mindless grind

:)

Posted

Despite it having no impact on you being able to PVE as you currently do. You'd quit? It has no impact whatsoever on your experience of the game, everything continues as it does, but you get this bonus feature; and you can't have that because???

Because it would impact gameplay if I'm getting what you're suggesting correctly. I enjoy a game that has open world PvP. We already have RBF. Are you suggesting some sort of bracketed PvP battleground system where you go in with equalized gear? If so, the problem with that is that it will draw people away from open world PvP obviously, which isn't the atmosphere of BDO that I love. 

Posted (edited)

Because it would impact gameplay if I'm getting what you're suggesting correctly. I enjoy a game that has open world PvP. We already have RBF. Are you suggesting some sort of bracketed PvP battleground system where you go in with equalized gear? If so, the problem with that is that it will draw people away from open world PvP obviously, which isn't the atmosphere of BDO that I love. 

As long as grinds are contested, open world PVP will never cease to be. I'm suggesting something like a gladiator profession that allows people to earn through PVP competition, taking gear out of the equation is one way it could be done, having gear brackets is another, i'm fine with either.

Edited by Octia

Posted

Generally when people want change they offer a solution or an idea to improve whatever it is they want changed. How would an individual "pvp to pvp" ? I can see where youre coming from and this isnt an attack on you but it really does just sound like "I want this changed because i dont like it".

Posted (edited)

Generally when people want change they offer a solution or an idea to improve whatever it is they want changed. How would an individual "pvp to pvp" ? I can see where youre coming from and this isnt an attack on you but it really does just sound like "I want this changed because i dont like it".

It is quite obvious i don't like it. I'm not sure what you're saying here. I don't like that the game isn't as good as it could be, yes, that is true. I've offered solutions in some of my other posts in this thread.

Edited by Octia

Posted

You're so salty every post.  Why do you even play BDO?

No I'm not salty, I have 240/280, I'm the one doing all the griefing/bottom feeding/ganking not the other way around, I feel good so I'll keep doing what makes me feel good.

Posted

After 6 pages and I am just like...

Beaker.jpg

Posted (edited)

Generally when people want change they offer a solution or an idea to improve whatever it is they want changed.

Well, considering he spoke about the pvp, and the mindless pve RNG grinding walling more than a lot that part. And considering kakao EU "do their job" and report such discussion to the kr headquarter / devs ( not saying you have discussion like that since day 1, and very often : gear2win, balance issue, RNG problem.. etc etc If they arent aware the West have issue with thoses stuff, kakao EU clearly doesnt do their job )

it seem thoses guys would be more than informed about the "issue", so could think about somes solutions. I mean, its their job after all.. ( the suggestion sub forum also might have a lot of idea )

But well, certainly nothing is going to be changed for that mindless RNG grind, since that's how they sell p2w and milk hard.

Edited by woots

Posted

As long as grinds are contested, open world PVP will never cease to be. I'm suggesting something like a gladiator profession that allows people to earn through PVP competition, taking gear out of the equation is one way it could be done, having gear brackets is another, i'm fine with either.

I disagree. As it is now, everyone is required to get their toes wet in PvP and PvE in order to play. Giving people who like to only PvP the option to bypass PvE would be just as detrimental to the overall atmosphere of the game as allowing PvE only servers. I'm not for this idea at all. 

Posted

If you think the grind in BDO is bad you haven't played many Korean MMOs. Quit your crying/whining and go play something else. So many of you go into a game and then turn around and want to change it to your liking, get a back bone, quit your that and play the game or leave. The mass majority of other players won't care what you do either way.

Posted

I do agree that there's too much emphasis on gear when it comes to PvP as opposed to skill.  However, that's not exclusive to Eastern nor Western MMOs... it's just how most MMOs are in general.   As far as some comments that this was intended for an Eastern audience... BDO has something for everyone no matter where you are from in the world which is something most MMOs don't get to touch base on.

Okay continue arguing, I just got some new popcorn.

Posted

FTFY

i playg maehwa, i dont have a grab.

Posted (edited)

If you think the grind in BDO is bad you haven't played many Korean MMOs. Quit your crying/whining and go play something else. So many of you brats go into a game and then turn around and want to change it to your liking, get a back bone, quit your self entitled BS and play the game or leave. The mass majority of other players won't care what you do either way.

Herpderp, because the game is Korean it should be like all other Korean games, because they've all been successful in the west.. Oh wait

Herpderp, because mindnumbing grind requires backbone..Oh wait

Herpderp, because the game is completely perfect and should never be critiqued or changed from it's current state, because never changing or improving games always makes the best games.. Oh wait.

How are people entitled for wanting to have fun on a game THEY PAID FOR. Yes, i'm sure they bought the game to be bored out of their mind by how terrible it is in some areas. How is it entitled to ask for improvements in a game that clearly has MANY flaws to the vast majority of people. Use your brain! Honestly.. Some people.

They want to make money, they make money by having a fun game. By giving them feedback on the stuff that isn't fun, they make more money by improving the game. To sit there and act as if the game is perfect is just stupidity when it has so much room for improvement, so many areas where it could all be fun instead of boring repetition. A game can have longevity and be fun at the same time, it doesn't have to be one or the other. It should have both, and right now it does not. 

Edited by Octia

Posted

Theres nothing quite like the feel of achivement when you can kill a whole group of lowbes in like one hit and tell them all git gud :D

i playg maehwa, i dont have a grab.

arrow grapple

Posted

Theres nothing quite like the feel of achivement when you can kill a whole group of lowbes in like one hit and tell them all git gud :D

arrow grapple

You could tell them that.. The problem is everyone would know it meant nothing because it wasn't really you that killed them, but your gear...You should say "git gear"

Posted

You could tell them that.. The problem is everyone would know it meant nothing because it wasn't really you that killed them, but your gear...You should say "git gear"

Put up or shut up.

Post a pic of your character screen (P, for you newbies out there).

Posted

Put up or shut up.

Post a pic of your character screen (P, for you newbies out there).

What purpose would that serve?

Posted

What purpose would that serve?

To let us know just how far you've actually grinded.

Posted (edited)

To let us know just how far you've actually grinded.

Time to put this ridiculous theory to rest that a person's level is relevant to this argument.

If two people are given a near unsolvable math problem, one is a respected mathematician, world renowned. Another is 10 year old beginner in math.. They both get the answer right. The mathematician figures It out. The child merely guesses, but gets it right none the less. Does that make the answer wrong? No, it means nothing to the answer itself, as does how much a person has grinded to this argument. You're looking to discredit me where you cannot think of a way to disprove the argument.

Stop trying to weasel out of the argument and actually present something worthwhile.. In other words, put up, or shut up.

Edited by Octia