• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

191 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello, I'm really dissapointed of how grinding in this game looks like. Griefers are like plague but maybe lets start from beggining.
At first I would like to present two different situations:

Situation A:

Nastiel: Hello, this spot is taken.
Player: Okey I'm going to find different spot. If i won't find any free spot i will simply change the channel.

Situation presented above is a sign of culture and respect for both players. It is not that hard to find other spot or free spot in other channel. This is what i usually do whether I am "Nastiel" or "Player" in this situation. Sadly this kind of players are rare and situation presented above can be treated as SCI-FI in this game.

Situation B:

Player: I don't care idiot.
Nastiel: Can You go somewhere else or change channel?
Player: No.
*Nastiel has killed Player*

What happens next?
Player simply comes back, keep killing Your mobs and breaking Your rotation, trying to take over Your spot. You kill him again and again, but he keeps coming back (karmabombing). After You lose Your whole karma YOU CAN'T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT - YOU LOST. Only solution for this situation is to change the spot / channel or share Your spot with griefer but it is not efficiency.

Situation B happens to me few times per day. It is a serious problem.
Currently there is no anti-griefing system in game - griefers just respawn and they are coming back until You lose whole karma.

Can we fix it please? Below You may find some ideas:

- Bring back EXP losing in PVP death
- Add respawn time penalty when a player is dying in PVP many times in a short period
- Add some enchanting / crystal / cash penalties when dying in PVP many times in a short period.
- When You kill a player many times in a short period of time You don't lose karma anymore.
- Respawn in Town after X deaths.

What You think dear players?
Have You ever dealt with griefers in this game?

I'm looking forward to hear from You!

Edited by Nastiel
Added one of the ideas.
1 person likes this

Posted

You could war their guild. 

And if you just go to kill them and they return, they might not know what karmabombing is, try being kind.

I dont like the xp loss on pvp death, but a great solution would be to only lose karma when killing a player withing ... meters once, so you can kill people multiple times without getting penalty more than once.

Posted

Dude are u serious? Its PvP game. Want something casual go play game with pve servers. If u can't keep spot coz of troll steals ur mobs u should kill him 999x times. 

But with one I'm agree with u when they add death exp loss in PvP this will not happen. But for sure u will complain about it when someone will kill u for no reason 999x times and I will loose all exp. 

Posted (edited)

You could war their guild. 

And if you just go to kill them and they return, they might not know what karmabombing is, try being kind.

I dont like the xp loss on pvp death, but a great solution would be to only lose karma when killing a player withing ... meters once, so you can kill people multiple times without getting penalty more than once.

Many guilds cannot receive war, also many griefers don't have any guild.

I'm always trying to be kind, sadly griefers aren't the same. And i know what karmabombing is.

Dude are u serious? Its PvP game. Want something casual go play game with pve servers. If u can't keep spot coz of troll steals ur mobs u should kill him 999x times. 

But with one I'm agree with u when they add death exp loss in PvP this will not happen. But for sure u will complain about it when someone will kill u for no reason 999x times and I will loose all exp. 

If i kill him 999x times i will get loads of negative karma and then when someone stronger than me kills me i may lose some upgrades.
What griefer lose? Nothing. That's the point.

PS. I know it is PVP game and i love to fight with others, but when a weak as hell griefer back to the spot for the 100th time just to die in 5sec it is really annoying.

Edited by Nastiel

Posted

Do not bring back EXP loss upon death, because a more damaging form of griefing comes from that.

Situation 1:

Player 1: Hi, this spot is taken.

Player 2: Ok, I'm going to fin--- (killed by Player 1 and lost 1% exp)

Situation 2:

Player 1 (lvl 55 at Sausans or Pirates): Hi, I have a spot open in my grind group if you want to join.

Player 2 (lvl 60+ at Sausans or Pirates):  *kills all 4 member of grind party because who cares, their loss*

The issue with EXP loss is, the higher leveled players can shut down any progression in an area if they choose to, going negative won't mean anything to them.  That is how it was before in the game.  It creates a level, gear and money gap that you will never close.

My suggestion is to make karma loss diminishing to the point of no karma loss, if you repeatedly kill the same player.

16 people like this

Posted

Do not bring back EXP loss upon death, because a more damaging form of griefing comes from that.

Situation 1:

Situation 2:

Player 1 (lvl 55 at Sausans or Pirates): Hi, I have a spot open in my grind group if you want to join.

Player 2 (lvl 60+ at Sausans or Pirates):  *kills all 4 member of grind party because who cares, their loss*

The issue with EXP loss is, the higher leveled players can shut down any progression in an area if they choose to, going negative won't mean anything to them.  That is how it was before in the game.  It creates a level, gear and money gap that you will never close.

My suggestion is to make karma loss diminishing to the point of no karma loss, if you repeatedly kill the same player.

Yeah, You have point there - EXP losing is not the best solution for this problem.

I like Your idea with Karma loss diminishing.

Posted

Situation 1:

Situation 2:

As much as I wish exp loss was never removed this is correct. If it was still in the game I would go ham on everyone in sausans ( blader life ). Recently killed about 400 people not in the Desert and got salt for it. Imagine the rage if exp loss was in the game. 

Something should be done though, ideas have been given but nothing has been done and probably never will be...

Send player to town after X death, Player cannot lose karma after killing same player within 10 minute frame. Stuff like that...

Posted

the way it is now might be problem but changing it would just be a bigger problem , right now this guy you can easily murder is somehow massively out performing you which makes no sense , you can either compete and take the rotation you claim is yours , learn to share, or move.

if they give us what you want your just going to end up with armies of griefers chasing away every new and non super haardcore player till the game dies , just like every other that did it before.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Your thinking is wrong - for many months I was a weak player that couldn't compete with anyone. But i didn't grief, I always tried to find new spot that is free or join a party. And it was never hard. That's why i don't understand what's the point of griefing. Most people are doing it just to annoy You, they don't lose anything - just some times but most of the griefers have plenty of it.

And why should i share 1-man spot or move to other spot when i was first? Because he is griefing? Becuase this game supports griefers? I don't think this is a good way to go.

Edited by Nastiel

Posted

If you bring back death penalties for getting pked it would kill the game for new players and enable guilds with high geared/levelled players to control grind spots to prevent competition.

As it stands, griefing is limited. If you're smart, you can avoid karma loss. If the old system is restored, it would make the game totally unappealing to new and casual players.

The game doesn't support griefers. People who keep forcefully slaughtering unflagged players support griefers.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If you bring back death penalties for getting pked it would kill the game for new players and enable guilds with high geared/levelled players to control grind spots to prevent competition.

As it stands, griefing is limited. If you're smart, you can avoid karma loss. If the old system is restored, it would make the game totally unappealing to new and casual players.

The game doesn't support griefers. People who keep forcefully slaughtering unflagged players support griefers.

Bringing back EXP loss is just one of the ideas.

Below You may find what griefing is (it is not only about stronger kiling weaker)

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and angers other players within the game, often using aspects of the game in unintended ways.[1] A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.

Edited by Nastiel

Posted

Bringing back EXP loss is just one of the ideas.

Below You may find what griefing is (it is not only about stronger kiling weaker)

A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and angers other players within the game, often using aspects of the game in unintended ways.[1] A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals.

If you really are being griefed by another player, get their health low and let them die to mobs. Or do something crazy...stop killing them.

The repeated kills/deaths penalty reduction/increase idea has been floating around for a while now. I expect they will introduce something eventually. But dont hold your breath. In the meantime, the only solution is to play smarter.

Posted

This would be the worsed... ever played Age of Conan? Spawncamping was a real thing there you got nothing for it but plenty of people just do it for fun. Won't be different here. That would be the worst thing to implement.

1 person likes this

Posted

This would be the worsed... ever played Age of Conan? Spawncamping was a real thing there you got nothing for it but plenty of people just do it for fun. Won't be different here. That would be the worst thing to implement.

If you are getting spawn camped repeatedly, I think it would best be time to use your head and change channels or location if you can't compete with who ever is killing you.  Griefing someone because you can't win isn't the answer. 

Also if you aren't alone, as I suggested the diminishing karma wouldn't have as much effect as someone would be killing several players and would naturally go negative karma as a result.

1 person likes this

Posted

I been in situations where the grinder started the war. I always try to see if there are someone at the spot first, then I leave or change channel.

I also experience players who just attack...If so i get mad. It's like: Shoot first - spot taken. I could be on my way to something else?!??!?

Anyways, it's a PvP World and players will play the way the game is designed (with all the bug's and errors).

Posted

We had a situation last week which we thought might of been a karma bomb fest.

Myself (lvl 59) and two guild members (58 & boss alt 55 witch) were at Nagas trying to push his boss alt to 56 to get his awkening. We used our 200% buff and after our half hour he was only 8% away from 56. We decided to stay a bit longer just so he could ding 56. 

The whole time we were there, we were on our own and had no other players until our guild member was only 7% away from 56.

Another group of three turn up (all from same guild) run up to us and say they are doing a GQ - now normally i would move/change channel if people are doing a GQ, but it was late and our level 55 guild member was so close to leveling. I kindly let them know that we just needed around 10 more mins (it wasnt even that long) and then we would be leaving the spot and i said that i would whsiper them to let them know when we were done - i also asked them if they wouldnt mind doing some of their GQ elsewhere at Nagas in the meantime.

The other group of three decided to just continue to try and take mobs - now at this point with six people the mobs were not spawning in on time. I saw on the edge of my vision range that the witch from this other guild must of turned PvP on as Gorr was red, they were trying to kill our level 55 friend/get them low and get a mob to finish them off.

i just attacked them and they died so quickly just 1v1 as my party/their party members did not engage - they used an elions tear/blessing got back up... I was expecting them to PvP again... Or get me to flag. Instead they said "fair play, we will go elsewhere here and come back in 10 mins or so" we managed to get our friends char to 56 and we let that party know we were done and they turned up and continued with their GQ... :) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello, I'm really dissapointed of how grinding in this game looks like. Griefers are like plague but maybe lets start from beggining.
At first I would like to present two different situations:

Situation A:

Player: Okey I'm going to find different spot. If i won't find any free spot i will simply change the channel.

Situation presented above is a sign of culture and respect for both players. It is not that hard to find other spot or free spot in other channel. This is what i usually do whether I am "Nastiel" or "Player" in this situation. Sadly this kind of players are rare and situation presented above can be treated as SCI-FI in this game.

Situation B:

Player: I don't care idiot.
*Nastiel has killed Player*

What happens next?
Player simply comes back, keep killing Your mobs and breaking Your rotation, trying to take over Your spot. You kill him again and again, but he keeps coming back (karmabombing). After You lose Your whole karma YOU CAN'T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT - YOU LOST. Only solution for this situation is to change the spot / channel or share Your spot with griefer but it is not efficiency.

Situation B happens to me few times per day. It is a serious problem.
Currently there is no anti-griefing system in game - griefers just respawn and they are coming back until You lose whole karma.

Can we fix it please? Below You may find some ideas:

- Bring back EXP losing in PVP death
- Add respawn time penalty when a player is dying in PVP many times in a short period
- Add some enchanting / crystal / cash penalties when dying in PVP many times in a short period.
- When You kill a player many times in a short period of time You don't lose karma anymore.
- Respawn in Town after X deaths.

remeber there is ni such a thing like karma bombing u can alvays delcare war.System is fine,get over it

Posted

remeber there is ni such a thing like karma bombing u can alvays delcare war.System is fine,get over it

Like I mentioned before, often You can't declare war. "Guild is not ready yet" sound familiar? Also usually griefers don't have any guild.

Posted

Like I mentioned before, often You can't declare war. "Guild is not ready yet" sound familiar? Also usually griefers don't have any guild.

just change chanel,simple easy solution and stop yeling like old woman.Save ur time and ours as well

2 people like this

Posted

just change chanel,simple easy solution and stop yeling like old woman.Save ur time and ours as well

You must be as dumb as you spell.  What happens if there is someone on the channel they switch to already?  Why reply if you have nothing constructive to say.  Stop wasting our time and yours as well.

Posted (edited)

So Your suggestion to deal with griefers is to let them win by griefing?

What if i change channel and ten minutes later another griefer show up or all the spots will be taken? What about when I grind in party? Whole party has to change channel becuase of one griefer at spot? Why should i give him my spot, which i reserved early morning?

That's not the way to go.

Edited by Nastiel
1 person likes this

Posted

a change is probably needed, but a change can't just happen from a one sided view, there will always be consequences, you would have to make sure that any change, wouldn't impact a much larger segment of the playerbase.

while some of us would love nothing more then to keep a spot to ourselves at times, there is nothing in the games rules that state you can't grind somewhere just because someone is there.

Not everyone that shows up at a grindspot where someone is, is actually out to "grief" you, despite what some may think. Does it happen? ofcourse humans are bastards :P

Respawn in a town if killed in pvp? sure, but you would have to think carefully how to implement it, if it happend imediatly upon the first pvp death, you would have people killing others just to send them back to town for giggles, and i'd bet my last cookie this would include some of the more......rabbid......karma complainers.

the question is, how would you balance this? i have no idea.

bringing back the exp penalty has been mentioned here in the thread already, and i agree with it, it's not a sollution, it would just brind back a whole new level of griefing.

it happend to me, very  very seldom mind you, that someone just randomly killed me and went "lolz enjoy the exp loss", and again people that feel they have been wronged by karmabombers as you put it, would be out looking for "vengance" of sorts, not all naturally, but enough to make it an issue, atleast on the forums.

The best solution in my opinion? a simple increased respawn timer upon repeated pvp deaths, preferably narrowed down to if killed by the same player, but the spawn timer itself would have to have a capped celing, of say 5 to 10 minuttes, anything more and you would risk a loss of players i think.

rambling over :P

Posted

Kill the griefers!

This again lol. I guess griefers are triggering your pk button right, making it so that you HAVE to attack and kill them? Like theres no other option, as in you cant progress without pking them?

Image result for applause meme gif

10 people like this

Posted

Kill the griefers!

This again lol. I guess griefers are triggering your pk button right, making it so that you HAVE to attack and kill them? Like theres no other option, as in you cant progress without pking them?

Looks like You never met a true griefer in this game. You can't really talk with them.
They are just killing Your mobs, telling You "go f**k Yourself" and "I don't care"...

Instead of telling me how bad my methods are maybe tell me Yours? How to deal with griefers at the spot, where You can't share it?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Kill the griefers!

You sound like someone who griefs others trying to defend it.

The thing is, while I agree that the exp loss should be gone, removing it simply switched who had the upper hand essentially when regards to griefing.  It took the power of griefing away from the strong and put it into the hands of the weaker players.

This action also needs some correcting just like when they removed the exp loss, which was a far more damaging form of griefing and would be still if reimplemented.  As I said before, I think diminishing losses on karma for repeatedly killing the same person is the best solution.  The reason this works is, if someone is griefing you, you in the long run won't be punished for defending a farm/grind spot, and this is a PvP game so PvP at these area's is to be expected.  Now, for the reverse, if a stronger player encroaches on your grind area and repeatedly kills you to drive you away, it's time to take the hint and move along, or continue only at your loss.

Edited by flukeSG2