• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

191 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Don't you think there will be guilds that just spread out on every channel to spawnkill people all day long? Yes there will be.  lol no, that would be happening right now if they wanted to

It doesn't matter if you are in a group or not maybe they just pick exactly you as their target for whatever reason. Don't think so straight forward... that's exactly what could ruin the game even more. People love trolling and bullying especially on the Internet. This would just encourage that behaviour. And if they don't let you out of town anymore what you gonna do? Log off? Good thing I'm not allowed to play anymore because of people who just have fun killing me.  Again, LOL, that can happen RIGHT NOW, what is preventing a entire guild from camping you in town?  I'd like to think common sense, because first off, YOU CAN CHANGE CHANNELS.  Second, you alone are not worth an entire guild, I'm sorry, don't care who you are or who you think you are, you just aren't worth it.

Seriously it destroyed other games so don't even think about it. There is always a way to exploit such stuff. Yes even now karmabombing is exploiting the mechanics but I personally think bombing a grinding spot which you can switch to other channels is the better option than getting spawnkilled all day long by a guild which spreads out on every channel don't you think?

Karmabombing is not an exploitation.  It is a regular game mechanic, you kill someone you lose karma.  No one is forcing anyone to pk anyone.  Someone trying to steal a grind spot from someone else does not automatically trigger the "Activate PvP" button.  You seriously must think you are the most special person in the world that any one guild would devote themselves to finding you and killing you alone and look for you on every channel.

I personally only "grief" if someone is killing me without even talk to me first. If people can't share in an Mmo then they just have to deal with it, sorry. But I also don't support real griefing when people just head into your spot and kill stuff until you leave.  That makes you no worse than the person who doesn't want to share, it's an open world PvP game, deal with it.

Still the only thing happened to me yet was the first where people just pked me for no reason to take over the spot I never ever got griefed by anyone on sausan. If people see me grinding there they most likely leave or ask for a group and I always invite them even if they are non awaken I don't mind it.

It doesn't matter how you want to play the game, it's open world PvP.  There is no rule that someone has to respect you in a grind or farm spot, it's up to the person to decide.  Sure it can be a ----- move to grind over someone who is already there.  It's also a ----- move to come up and PK someone and take their spot.  You know what else is a ----- move?  Coming back and karma griefing someone because they took your spot and you can't beat them by normal means.  There is NO RULE about being dicks in this game.  Get over it.

The problem as I've said is every since they removed EXP loss (which was a good thing) is that the griefing has been switched to the weaker player.  By giving diminishing karma loss for encountering the same player and pk'ing them over and over, that player should get the hint and leave because after a certain point it becomes their loss and not the other players.  Now, this still leaves the opportunity to karma bomb, by bringing in another player to help you.  If he kills both of you enough, he will STILL GO NEGATIVE, and you win (metaphorically, because you actually lost, but this makes you feel better).

Well I'm not even gonna talk about you being offensive gainst me or not understanding at all what i just wrote there. But to say it with your own words: Deal with the mechanics as they are right now. If you can't then just leave no one will miss you with that kinda attitude.

Not gonna argue any further. You just see your own little shiny world. Go ahead i doubt it will Change and I'm really glad it won't.

Edited by kakodaimonos

Posted (edited)

Why don't you just go red? The only thing you lose in PVP as a red player is exp and crystals. Ofc. you wouldn't be able to visit towns as an outlaw but that's the karma.

Edited by Medra

Posted

Can't wait for the rumoured KR changes where I heard you can kill the same -----y griefer in your spot again and again without karma penalty. Then again this game is run by an incompetent company can't get my hopes up, I'll never know when it will come :D

Posted

All of this is why I avoid those areas.  There's two problems going on here.

First, the idea that people / groups claim ownership on a spot and think that other people should just avoid this spot completely is a bit much.  You're there until someone kicks you out.

TBH I don't have a problem with the karma bombing.  As it stands right now it's the only counter to monopolization of these spots.  I saw this happen in Shadowbane - a very geared guild would farm the best spots around the clock.  You had to kick them out to get the spot but their gear was much better than yours and they'd bring in more people if the fight was close.  This game is even more gear dependent than that one was.

The solution, like many have said, is to make more areas appealing to farm.  Right now,seemingly there's two that are excellent to farm.  There needs to be many more.

Posted

Just this past weekend , our guild was doing a guild mission and only had a few hundred left , along comes a level 60 insanely geared kills a few guild mates almost instantly and takes over the entire spot , not a single rotation , felt the entire area was his/hers/theirs , after killing our guildys a bunch of times war dec comes up from them (a guild in the top 5) and i get a whisper from the guild leader saying that he was told we tried to steal his guild mates rotation, when we were there for over an hour , SO what happened was a big cry baby level 60 that not only  successfully took over a rotation but also lied to his guild leader to get a war dec initiated , So rather then letting us kill a few more hundred mobs and then we leave , more of their super geared players came to the 60's rescue  (who didnt need rescuing) and node camped us until we revived at a town preventing us from finishing the guild mission.

Never got it finished and you cannot switch channels to complete it , and also now we have a perma dec on us with the other guild knowing full well that they can destroy us at their leisure , and doing it quite often at boss fights now. and THEY are calling us the Karma bombers when it was them who took over the spot.

im just wondering why the higher level players that are very well geared come in and take over a spot and then after they go red from repeatedly killing lower players , call the lower folks Karma bombers when it was them who chose to kill over and over again , especially when they are asked to hold off for maybe 10 minutes so a guild mission can be completed , the weaker guild dosent want to be killed over and over again , they just dont have a choice in a guild mission especially when the high geared claims the entire spot.

Such is a day in the world of Griefing Desert Online

(and now they are negative comment bombing our guild guest book, because ................they won the fight ?  and we cant delete the comments either because Kashkao cant get their shit correct)

2 people like this

Posted

Can't wait for the rumoured KR changes where I heard you can kill the same -----y griefer in your spot again and again without karma penalty. Then again this game is run by an incompetent company can't get my hopes up, I'll never know when it will come :D

there is no such change in kr. Nor a planned change

In kr you lose 250k each time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Situation B:

Nastiel: Hello, this spot is taken.
Player: I don't care idiot.
Nastiel: Can You go somewhere else or change channel?
Player: No.
*Nastiel has killed Player*

What happens next?
Player simply comes back, keep killing Your mobs and breaking Your rotation, trying to take over Your spot. You kill him again and again, but he keeps coming back (karmabombing). After You lose Your whole karma YOU CAN'T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT - YOU LOST. Only solution for this situation is to change the spot / channel or share Your spot with griefer but it is not efficiency.

Situation B happens to me few times per day. It is a serious problem.
Currently there is no anti-griefing system in game - griefers just respawn and they are coming back until You lose whole karma.

Can we fix it please? Below You may find some ideas:

Sorry OP but what you have described isn't griefing. It's called playing the game.  If they keep returning and attacking mobs that you have already damaged then it would be griefing (kill stealing) but you have no claim on the area and all mobs in it.  The karma system is there to reduce the amount of actual griefing that takes place in the game and it's working way better than what we had before.

You loose karma because you are murdering another player.  You don't want to loose karma trying to run them off then it's your problem not theirs.  YOU can leave or change channels if you don't want to go red.  They are just as entitled to the grind area as you are and I would be willing to bet that many of the people you keep killing over and over think that it is you that is griefing them.

The karma system works just fine.  No changes needed.

Just this past weekend , our guild was doing a guild mission and only had a few hundred left , along comes a level 60 insanely geared kills a few guild mates almost instantly and takes over the entire spot , not a single rotation , felt the entire area was his/hers/theirs , after killing our guildys a bunch of times war dec comes up from them (a guild in the top 5) and i get a whisper from the guild leader saying that he was told we tried to steal his guild mates rotation, when we were there for over an hour , SO what happened was a big cry baby level 60 that not only  successfully took over a rotation but also lied to his guild leader to get a war dec initiated , So rather then letting us kill a few more hundred mobs and then we leave , more of their super geared players came to the 60's rescue  (who didnt need rescuing) and node camped us until we revived at a town preventing us from finishing the guild mission.

Never got it finished and you cannot switch channels to complete it , and also now we have a perma dec on us with the other guild knowing full well that they can destroy us at their leisure , and doing it quite often at boss fights now. and THEY are calling us the Karma bombers when it was them who took over the spot.

im just wondering why the higher level players that are very well geared come in and take over a spot and then after they go red from repeatedly killing lower players , call the lower folks Karma bombers when it was them who chose to kill over and over again , especially when they are asked to hold off for maybe 10 minutes so a guild mission can be completed , the weaker guild dosent want to be killed over and over again , they just dont have a choice in a guild mission especially when the high geared claims the entire spot.

Such is a day in the world of Griefing Desert Online

(and now they are negative comment bombing our guild guest book, because ................they won the fight ?  and we cant delete the comments either because Kashkao cant get their shit correct)

It's my impression that camping the node to kill you over and over when you re-spawn is griefing and against the rules of this game.  Next time film them doing this and report it.

Posted

It's my impression that camping the node to kill you over and over when you re-spawn is griefing and against the rules of this game.  Next time film them doing this and report it.

It isn't according to the GM's, I know, I asked. So kill all griefers on respawn over and over forcing them to res town.

Greetings Adventurer,

Thank you for your reply.

I see that there may be some possible confusion going on, as we don't consider player vs. player activities to be offenses. If a player re spawns at a node and is defeated by another player, they may choose to resurrect at the nearest town in safety. If they choose to resurrect into a dangerous area, it is their choice to do so and will not result in punishment for either participant of the battle.

I hope this clears things up, have a great day.

Best Regards,

5 people like this

Posted

Well I'm not even gonna talk about you being offensive gainst me or not understanding at all what i just wrote there. But to say it with your own words: Deal with the mechanics as they are right now. If you can't then just leave no one will miss you with that kinda attitude.

Not gonna argue any further. You just see your own little shiny world. Go ahead i doubt it will Change and I'm really glad it won't.

I'm not the one who has entire guilds running around all the channels in search of me to kill.  I'm not going anywhere lol.  Maybe you should think about what you write before pressing the submit button next time.  It's not my fault what you said was full of holes, I just pointed them out.

Sorry OP but what you have described isn't griefing. It's called playing the game.  If they keep returning and attacking mobs that you have already damaged then it would be griefing (kill stealing) but you have no claim on the area and all mobs in it.  The karma system is there to reduce the amount of actual griefing that takes place in the game and it's working way better than what we had before.

You loose karma because you are murdering another player.  You don't want to loose karma trying to run them off then it's your problem not theirs.  YOU can leave or change channels if you don't want to go red.  They are just as entitled to the grind area as you are and I would be willing to bet that many of the people you keep killing over and over think that it is you that is griefing them.

The karma system works just fine.  No changes needed.

What he described is in fact a form of griefing.  You described exactly how it's griefing in your second paragraph, by saying "leave or change channels", thats the griefers entire purpose is to make you do just that. 

It's a sign of disrespect to run up into an area that you see someone else farming and try and farm there yourself.  You see to effectively farm a mob, there are "rotations" that have formed to effectively allow for fast grind/farming.  If someone jumps into your area after seeing you there and makes no effort to leave after seeing you, it's a sign of disrespect, a sign they don't care that you were there.  So you'd be well within your rights to just PK that person.  You'd be well within your rights to just PK a random passer by, IT'S AN OPEN WORLD PVP GAME.

By removing just the exp loss and putting full punishment on the person doing the pk, they've just moved the shoe to the other foot.  They need to balance it out, diminishing karma loss!!! It's the answer!

1 person likes this

Posted

Forced pvp in this game is a bit of turn off for people that just want pve. Yes i knew the game was like this when I bought it a year ago. But the classes more specifically female ones are to much pass up on. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Open world is good and all but i wish there was instances so you can play area like sausans all to yourself and grind mobs in peace. If that makes me a casual pve loving care bear so be it >.> 

Posted

Forced pvp in this game is a bit of turn off for people that just want pve. Yes i knew the game was like this when I bought it a year ago. But the classes more specifically female ones are to much pass up on. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Open world is good and all but i wish there was instances so you can play area like sausans all to yourself and grind mobs in peace. If that makes me a casual pve loving care bear so be it >.> 

You think you wouldn't still be griefed on a pve server only, that's funny. I guarantee you most of the people who partake in that would flock to those channels.

Posted (edited)

You think you wouldn't still be griefed on a pve server only, that's funny. I guarantee you most of the people who partake in that would flock to those channels.

I am guessing I phrase that wrong what meant is having a area all to myself like dungeon run. Pick and area I want to go too and solo it. I never said anything about pve server or pve channels. There would be no else in this area unless I invite someone to come with me. That's why I meant by instance. Maybe you gloss over or miss read what i wrote >.>

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

Do not bring back EXP loss upon death, because a more damaging form of griefing comes from that.

Situation 1:

Player 1: Hi, this spot is taken.

Player 2: Ok, I'm going to fin--- (killed by Player 1 and lost 1% exp)

Situation 2:

Player 1 (lvl 55 at Sausans or Pirates): Hi, I have a spot open in my grind group if you want to join.

Player 2 (lvl 60+ at Sausans or Pirates):  *kills all 4 member of grind party because who cares, their loss*

This is what I see far more often. It is silly.

Now that I have better gear, what I see is random people just show up and attack me. Fortunately I can now survive and often win, but it makes for a pretty miserable community.

They probably need more channels/servers, or more grind spots that are equally good to sausans/pirates.

Posted (edited)

I don't see a problem. perma-red-life ,still towns that will sell you pots etc. still maids etc. I kill everyone i see near my rotation. ,Use the mechanics available to you. And remember ladies & gentlemen there is no moral affect on decisions in a game. Just because the TOS talks about Griefing does not mean it exists in the perception that you have. And there is no bullying on the internet simply turn your head away from the monitor. Pixels killing pixels has no positive or negative context in terms of morality. It is a game. Code affecting code does not feel. Even if you were to throw your mouse through your monitor,it would feel nothing. And it hurts no one. But soo many of you still think clicking a mouse is a moral conflict. As much as it makes me laugh that people like this exist. It's something that makes one wonder if this generation has a future. This hyper sensitivity needs to stop. Yesterday i learned they got rid of outside sports at my youngest daughters school,You know why? The principle says it encourages competition & competition  shows people that there are winners and losers she then explained how no one is a loser. 

Well let me tell you,The world is full of losers. Cry babies. Whiners. And lazy people.

TLDR

Don't like pk? Don't do the quest that puts you over 50.
Don't like dieing afk fishing?  ^ or stay in a safe zone.
Don't like dieing afk training horses? Don't do over 50 quest.
Don't like being karma bombed? outfarm them,Can't? kill them,Doesn't work? Go red or swap channel and push someone else out.
Remember there is no moral outcome of you pking someone. You push a button and code affects code. Nothing else has happend.
I'm waiting for this generation full of SJW's to start complaining how killing monsters in the game is wrong next. I can't wait.
Without losers you would never know what a winner is.

Edited by Freeway

Posted

They probably need more channels/servers, or more grind spots that are equally good to sausans/pirates.

This is already in the making more grindspots equally to sausan. Will take a while tho sometime after all Kamasylve.

Posted

When you play long enough you become the griefer...

Posted (edited)

I am guessing I phrase that wrong what meant is having a area all to myself like dungeon run. Pick and area I want to go too and solo it. I never said anything about pve server or pve channels. There would be no else in this area unless I invite someone to come with me. That's why I meant by instance. Maybe you gloss over or miss read what i wrote >.>

What you want already exists.

It's called single player games. You should try, some are very good.

Edited by Capitaine Courage

Posted

What you want already exists.

It's called single player games. You should try, some are very good.

Yeah after modding skyrim for 5 years I finally got bored of it >.> As I said before I knew what I was getting into. Most games now have a crappy first player experience most of the action is in multiplayer. Single player games eventually end as well but mmo's don't there is always something to do.

loRgED0.jpg

HHoIode.jpg

Also where else would find stuff like this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted (edited)

Spot is taken but i dont want to defend it because i might go red.

Suck it up butter cup dont gamble what you cant afford to lose. you want the spot you defend it till they drag your death corps of the field

on a side not gear should not level down if there still crystals in the gear

Edited by Valkeries

Posted

I don't see a problem. perma-red-life ,still towns that will sell you pots etc. still maids etc. I kill everyone i see near my rotation. ,Use the mechanics available to you. And remember ladies & gentlemen there is no moral affect on decisions in a game. Just because the TOS talks about Griefing does not mean it exists in the perception that you have. And there is no bullying on the internet simply turn your head away from the monitor. Pixels killing pixels has no positive or negative context in terms of morality. It is a game. Code affecting code does not feel. Even if you were to throw your mouse through your monitor,it would feel nothing. And it hurts no one. But soo many of you still think clicking a mouse is a moral conflict. As much as it makes me laugh that people like this exist. It's something that makes one wonder if this generation has a future. This hyper sensitivity needs to stop. Yesterday i learned they got rid of outside sports at my youngest daughters school,You know why? The principle says it encourages competition & competition  shows people that there are winners and losers she then explained how no one is a loser. 

Well let me tell you,The world is full of losers. Cry babies. Whiners. And lazy people.

TLDR

Don't like pk? Don't do the quest that puts you over 50.
Don't like dieing afk fishing?  ^ or stay in a safe zone.
Don't like dieing afk training horses? Don't do over 50 quest.
Don't like being karma bombed? outfarm them,Can't? kill them,Doesn't work? Go red or swap channel and push someone else out.
Remember there is no moral outcome of you pking someone. You push a button and code affects code. Nothing else has happend.
I'm waiting for this generation full of SJW's to start complaining how killing monsters in the game is wrong next. I can't wait.
Without losers you would never know what a winner is.

I hate to break it to you buttercup, but there is such a thing as online bullying.  Also I feel sad for someone who can't empathize with others, something just wrong with that.  It is a game in the end, but some people use this game to escape or relax, maybe after a long day at work, some little kid spouting bullshit and pk'ing you could be more than a bit annoying.  So I can understand those people who do get frustrated by this.  That doesn't make me one of them though.

Posted

I hate to break it to you buttercup, but there is such a thing as online bullying.  Also I feel sad for someone who can't empathize with others, something just wrong with that.  It is a game in the end, but some people use this game to escape or relax, maybe after a long day at work, some little kid spouting bullshit and pk'ing you could be more than a bit annoying.  So I can understand those people who do get frustrated by this.  That doesn't make me one of them though.

No such thing as online bullying,turn your head away from the monitor. Get up from your mothers basement. Breathe fresh air. Oooh ahhh... Safe space.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello, I'm really dissapointed of how grinding in this game looks like. Griefers are like plague but maybe lets start from beggining.
At first I would like to present two different situations:

Situation A:

Player: Okey I'm going to find different spot. If i won't find any free spot i will simply change the channel.

Situation presented above is a sign of culture and respect for both players. It is not that hard to find other spot or free spot in other channel. This is what i usually do whether I am "Nastiel" or "Player" in this situation. Sadly this kind of players are rare and situation presented above can be treated as SCI-FI in this game.

Situation B:

Player: I don't care idiot.
Nastiel: Can You go somewhere else or change channel?
Player: No.
*Nastiel has killed Player*

What happens next?
Player simply comes back, keep killing Your mobs and breaking Your rotation, trying to take over Your spot. You kill him again and again, but he keeps coming back (karmabombing). After You lose Your whole karma YOU CAN'T DO NOTHING ABOUT IT - YOU LOST. Only solution for this situation is to change the spot / channel or share Your spot with griefer but it is not efficiency.

Situation B happens to me few times per day. It is a serious problem.
Currently there is no anti-griefing system in game - griefers just respawn and they are coming back until You lose whole karma.

Can we fix it please? Below You may find some ideas:

- Bring back EXP losing in PVP death
- Add respawn time penalty when a player is dying in PVP many times in a short period
- Add some enchanting / crystal / cash penalties when dying in PVP many times in a short period.
- When You kill a player many times in a short period of time You don't lose karma anymore.
- Respawn in Town after X deaths.

What You think dear players?
Have You ever dealt with griefers in this game?

I'm looking forward to hear from You!

Cry more PLOX !!1

Posted

No such thing as online bullying,turn your head away from the monitor. Get up from your mothers basement. Breathe fresh air. Oooh ahhh... Safe space.

Lol, like I said, something just wrong with someone who can't empathize with others.  Hope it never happens to your kid.

Posted

You may want to read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberbullying

baa0f6e5e809ee99989b5e6154a01c90.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

watch out boys,hes armed with the knowledge of a website everyone can edit,WIKIPEDIA so it must be fACTTTTSS

Lol, like I said, something just wrong with someone who can't empathize with others.  Hope it never happens to your kid.

Empathizing with others requires "others" you are pixels in a game when i am logged in. Period. Nothing more. Do you get upset at the pong paddle when it beats you?,

if my kid came to me and said he/she was cyber bullied i would tell him/her to grow the ____ up.

1 person likes this